Start by marking “Legends That Every Child Should Know: A Selection of the Great Legends of All Times for Young People” as Want to Read:

3.37  ·  Rating details ·  82 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
If we knew how the words in our language were made and what they have meant to successive generations of the men and women who have used them, we should have a new and very interesting kind of history to read.
Kindle Edition, Large Print Edition
Published (first published 1907)

To ask other readers questions about Legends That Every Child Should Know, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legends That Every Child Should Know

Agustín Fest
Trae leyendas clásicas como RIP Van Winkle, el Jinete sin Cabeza, el Judío Errante, el Emperador Cristiano en Asia, El Protector Gris, Hawaiatha y Beowulf entre otras.

Es un buen libro de referencia, no es para principiantes en inglés y no es para gente que se sienta herida fácilmente con un poco de sangre o que no pues comprender la vida en otros tiempos. No es para niños tontos, ingenuos o inocentes. Tampoco para padres pusilánimes o extra sensibles en el cuidado de sus hijo.

Para el literato o
Ashwini
Jul 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
what a waste of time and energy by the author who put this together. it started off well. down the line it tried being a story book, a book of poems, a history book all in one. I think the author should have taken the pains to present the legends in his own words rather than just doing a collector's work. I liked some stories. some stories I could not get my self to read. they were laborious and aching. some of the stories were lengthy poems, clearly not my cup of tea. overall a very big disappo ...more
Betty Boothe
This was published in 1906, and is, for modern readers, an interesting look at what legends were considered important at that time. It is not for modern children. I enjoyed it, but then, I grew up reading old books.
PRIYAKSHI BHATTACHARYYA
Oct 21, 2017
Sabra
Mar 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Hamilton Wright Mabie, A.M., L.H.D., LL.D. (1846–1916) was an American essayist, editor, critic, and lecturer.