Start by marking “Talk Less, Say More: 3 Habits to Influence Others and Make Things Happen” as Want to Read:
Talk Less, Say More: 3 Habits to Influence Others and Make Things Happen

Talk Less, Say More: 3 Habits to Influence Others and Make Things Happen

Talk Less, Say More is a revolutionary guide to 21st century communication skills to help you be more influential and make things happen in our distracted, attention-deficit world. It's loaded with specific tips and takeaways to ensure that you're fully heard, clearly understood, and trigger positive responses in any business or social situation.

It's the first book to de

Published October 2nd 2009 by Wiley (first published September 18th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Talk Less, Say More, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Talk Less, Say More

Ben Love
Dec 29, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Um. This is going to be tough. High on buzzwords, low on solid, actionable content. Platitude heavy. Audiobook has the feel of an infomercial.
I’ll stop at that.
Jeff
Feb 16, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m sure my staff gets tired of hearing my mantra that when it comes to writing, less is often more. No one reads long memos. Press releases and newsletter articles that are more than a few hundred words are, more often than not, ignored. When you have something to say to me, tell me; get to the point. Long stories are best shared over a cup of coffee or a pint of beer. There is no need for me to follow you down the rabbit’s trail when you can just tell me where the bunny is. That ...more
Marko Savić
May 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: every body in connection with other people
I bought this book because I was many times in situations were I start talking and then there are problems (almost)in stopping me. So the title seemed perfect for me. And although I thought this is going to be one of those motivational books, were you think, yeah right but this is not for me. In this book I really found some valuable advices for me.

I would recommend the book to everybody:
+ who is at least some times professionally or personally in connection with other people. And only if you ar
David
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The premise of this book is to learn how to communicate effectively in a short attention span world. The three primary tools are to connect, convey, convince. I thought this would be helpful because I'm the type of detailed person with a long attention span. I add too many details for most people.

I listened to the audio book and was very disappointed in the delivery of the content. While the actual content is ok, Ms. Dieken is a professional communicator and talks like a TV reporter. I don't wa
Vanessa
Aug 09, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Like I mentioned, this book is full of common sense advice and generalizations. The examples she gives are not very illustrative of the points she's trying to make and so they don't really stick. The borderline gimicky trademarked phrases like communiclutter get on my nerves. However, there are some nuggets of wisdom to be gleaned and at the very least the book offers a framework to think about some of these common sense things that we are supposed to know but may not be putting into action.
Sue Chappell
Oct 20, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very Profound. It's about how to speak and influence people to pay attention. In a way.... sad that we are all so bombarded with so much information in this tech age, that we don't have time for the "art of conversation." We must talk, text, email in short, to the point messages- Technology is wonderful yet sad when it comes to human realtionships!
John Doe in Samsara
Aug 25, 2010 rated it liked it
She has made many points there, so it's pretty hard for you to recall all of them. What I do now is to summarize it by personalize important points to reflect on. This book serves well to reflect on certain types of conversations we wish to improve on.
Melinda
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This concise book offers some easy ways to cut down on the fluff and get to the real content of what you're trying to say. Good for those of us that start talking and forget what we were actually talking about.
barbara hinderer
This book has some good insights for communication within the corporate work field - a place where I no longer find myself. With that said, though it didn't much pertain to me anymore, it did have some good tips for me to use generally in all aspects of communication in my life. Easy fast read.
مها
Oct 19, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read, self-help
الكتاب يتكلم عن ٣ عادات هي : الاتصال ( مع الجمهور ) - التوصيل ( توصيل المعلومة ) - الاقناع ( بما تريدهم ان يفعلوه ) وكل عادة تنقسم لاربعة فصول ، ثلاثة نجوم من اجل نقاط قليلة مفيدة .. قد اعيد قراءته لاحقاً
Jim
Dec 28, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great concepts. Anyone who's moved from an engineering or technical background to marketing or people facing must read this book. I Don't listen to the audio book, Connie's exuberant acting grows tiresome.
Marcin
May 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book. Even powerful communicators will find it useful. Highly recommended to professionals at all levels, must-read for emerging leaders.
Mai Ngoc
Connect - Convey - Convince
3Cs to remember :'D
Minus point: advises and tips are too general (sometimes are just commonsense), failed to "convey" the ideas and "convince" readers how to act upon.
Wendy
Aug 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book helpful. Recommended.
Nick Woodall
Quick. Pithy. You need to read it slowly because she is very compact with her writing.
Taralyn
This book had some great tools, nothing groundbreaking, but very useful nonetheless.
Jason
Nov 24, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business-books
The basics in this book were good reminders as was the idea of talking in short sentences. Otherwise there was less here than I was hoping to learn.
Roxanne
Mar 01, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
To be read for our next Global Sales meeting...
Musthafa
Use for upcoming leaders in cormporate
Amy Fischer
Jun 12, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not excited so far, but I just started it.
Ella
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clear and concise, which was easier to understand. I liked how the author did not employ a lot of business terms.
This was an easy read. All of the points were very straightforward, and I didn't feel like the author dragged it out like many business books do. Definitely some clear takeaways.
Basedgawd
Jan 08, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Don't waste your time. For a book titled "talk less, say more", she sure said alot of nothing.
Dave Clinton
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great actionable options for becoming a great listener.
Albara1435
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
قرأت ترجمته العربية وهي خفيفة ظريفة ويمكن إنهاء الكتاب في جلسة أو جلستين. وموضوعه هام، وهو موجه بدرجة أولى لمن لهم تعلق بالبزنس.
ليست الترجمة رائقة جدا.
Kelly
Although the book has good information that would be valuable to me, I found the organization (or lack thereof) of the book distracting. I couldn't give full attention to the content. Disappointing.
Aj Mojaddidi
Feb 28, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good book for those who are in business world and looking to improve communication skills.
J. Schmidt
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book. There are some really good points in here about increasing leadership presence and becoming more influencial. It is well written and an easy read.
Nick
Apr 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a nifty little book about concision and effectiveness in speech.
Kimberly
Nov 25, 2011

• 10 Simple Secrets of the World's Greatest Business Communicators
  • The New How: Creating Business Solutions Through Collaborative Strategy
  • Flash Foresight: How to See the Invisible and Do the Impossible: Seven Radical Principles That Will Transform Your Business
  • The E-Myth Contractor: Why Most Contractors' Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It
  • 400 Must-Have Words for the TOEFL
  • Experiential Marketing: How to Get Customers to Sense, Feel, Think, ACT, Relate
  • True Professionalism: The Courage to Care About Your People, Your Clients, and Your Career
  • Baked In: Creating Products and Businesses That Market Themselves
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Yoga
  • Forex Price Action Scalping: an in-depth look into the field of professional scalping
  • Social Boom!: How to Master Business Social Media to Brand Yourself, Sell Yourself, Sell Your Product, Dominate Your Industry Market, Save Your Butt, Rake in the Cash, and Grind Your Competition Into the Dirt
  • Personality Not Included: Why Companies Lose Their Authenticity and How Great Brands Get It Back, Foreword by Guy Kawasaki: Why Companies Lose Their Authenticity and How Great Brands Get It Back
  • Resumes For Dummies
  • Self Confidence: The Remarkable Truth of Why a Small Change Can Make a Big Difference
  • Rules for Renegades: 10 Secrets to Getting What You Want From a Buddhist Monk-Geisha Trainee Entrepreneur-Self-Made Millionaire
  • Crunch Point: The 21 Secrets to Succeeding When It Matters Most
  • Juicing the Orange: How to Turn Creativity into a Powerful Business Advantage
  • Free Marketing: 101 Low and No-Cost Ways to Grow Your Business, Online and Off