Start by marking “E-Myth Mastery: The Seven Essential Disciplines for Building a World-Class Company” as Want to Read:

The bestselling author of phenomenally successful and continually vital The E-Myth Revisited presents the next big step in entrepreneurial management and leadership with E-Myth Mastery.

A practical, real-world program that is implemented real-time into your business, Gerber begins by engaging the reader in understanding why the entrepreneur is so critical to the success of
Published February 20th 2007 by Harper Business (first published December 28th 2004)

Start your review of E-Myth Mastery: The Seven Essential Disciplines for Building a World-Class Company
Chad Warner
I didn’t get nearly as much out of this as The E-Myth Revisited. It has a lot more detail about business processes than The E-Myth Revisited visited, but much of it applies to business that are larger than my web design company. The conversations with Sarah take up too much space and don’t add any value to the business advice. For this reason, I barely read any of Part One.

There’s not much specifically about the Internet, but the principles still hold.

I like Gerber’s statement, “Your business,
Stephen Lubin
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read E-Myth Revisited and still think it's probably the best small business I've ever read. It absolutely changed the way I looked at business.

This book was as good as the first. It has a lot more practical exercises than the first book and comes along with companion worksheets.

This book gets a lot more granular than in the first book. It covers specific areas of business and how you should specifically behave to improve those areas. It takes a deep dive into what it takes to make your
Emma
Mar 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book was not what I expected at all. The first E-myth book was just about systems and processes. This one is about applying mindfulness and the internal journey around stopping doing the "working in" the business and stepping back - but then I think he gets into the systems and processes again after that (I'm only halfway through it).

It's a good approach, I'm looking forward to reading teh rest of it.

It still has the Sarah character and the All About Pies business, but this book is way more
Matthew Johnson
Oct 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I recommend reading E-Myth first. But if you did and understood it but need the next step of planning your enterprise then I highly recommend E-Myth Mastery The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It

It won't make much sense at first but you'll start to observe small business owners struggling with the exact issues, same nearly the same things that Gerber outlines in this book.

Plus some of the chapter epigrams are by Christopher Locke, Eckhart Tolle giving
Lino's Version
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
The subtitle of the book is: The Seven Essential Disciplines for Building a World Class Company – that is what I was looking for.

Had read this years ago

Have downloaded the worksheets from 7 chapters, see below for the chapters which include:
Chapter 1: The Discipline of The Enterprise Leader
Chapter 2: The Discipline of The Marketing Leader
Chapter 3: The Discipline of The Financial Leader
Chapter 4: The Discipline of The Management Leader
Chapter 5: The Discipline of The Client Fulfillment Leader
Mark Manderson
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
I incredibly enjoy everything Michael Gerber writes however this was the least beneficial product he's put out. All his other books are must-reads. Here are my takeaways from this Read.

Business is meant to serve your life and not consume it.

DISC 2:

DISC 3:

Leaders are always risking themselves on how foolish they couldlook, this is why they are leaders.

DISC 4:

Your company is a sensory package meaning you must have a system and framework for everything from what the customer sees when they come in
Mahesh Sheshadri
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Gem that I wish I had discovered earlier!

Some of the examples might seem dated as technology has evolved in these 10 years, however the framework is absolutely solid for every Small Business Owner. It's a must buy + must own book!
County
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great read for new businesses. I highly recommend.
Jared Fontaine
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Some of the concepts I still don't understand I started to drift off. I want to read it again.
Petras Janulevicius
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, 2018_finished
Worth your time. Read it.
Mike Ncube
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
A practical book for entrepreneurs looking to setup world class businesses
Dale Critchley
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Practical with lots of great insights and step by step help for creating systems so organizations can be self-sustaining. I'll be referring back to this in the future.
Stephen
Apr 29, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: futures, business
I have finally abandoned the book. I didn't get too far into it. I found it to be pretty turgid and overweight with California style meaningless psychology. In my opinion, the book could be trimmed by several hundred pages, and not lose much of its message. I can't remember why I took the book up in the first place. I thought it would help as a business guide, but I couldn't really get to grips with it. The pace of writing is very slow, which I find quite off-putting. I like a book to have a ...more
Kim Maxwell
Feb 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
For anyone who has started or considering starting a business, this is a must read. It really takes you through the process of becomming and staying successful. You have to have all the roles filled, and if it's a one man show, you are the Cast, and you must learn to keep your business alive and running with systems to ensure it doesn't consume your life. When your work consumes your life, it won't thrive because you are only able to maintain your head above water, and not get yourself or your ...more
Elizabeth
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business, non-fiction
While not usually a fan of teaching through stories, I found it mostly worked for this format. Business info for the uninitiated can be overwhelming. Especially all the info packed in to EMyth Mastery. I've ended up creating resources I never would have otherwise and highly recommend setting a deadline once you start this program. It does require commitment but is well worth it.

#business #learning #education
David
Jul 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
Very similar to his original E-Myth book. In this book, he discusses how the disciplines apply to his client Sarah and her bakery called All About Pies.

It was more on working on your business and just not in your business. It also had some great lessons on making customers become clients (repeat customers).
Michael
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book, especially near the end when he shares his business troubles in the '80s and how stressful it was. It's nice to know no one's perfect, but we do the best we can with integrity. He has some great words of advice all through the book, which I've become accustomed to in the E-Myth books.
Charles
Dec 09, 2008 rated it liked it
This is a strange book. It's partly a New Age, know-your-deepest-self-to-realize-the-dreams-you-don't-even-know-you-have kind of book. That part centers on a woman and her pie company. The other part is a down-to-basics guide for building a small business the right way. The insights are invaluable, even when the structure is a little off.
Eric Brown
Nov 13, 2009 rated it did not like it
95% fluff. 5% good material. This was the most frustrating read I have ever experienced. WAY too much fluff. Having loved Emyth Revisted, this book was a huge disappointment. Do not buy this book! The whole book is written in a first person story format about Michael's apprentice, Sara. I found myself screaming at my stereo (book on tape) out of frustration listening to this horrible book
John Boettcher
Jul 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Standard business book on how to run your company better than everyone else. A hundred, maybe thousand books out there just like that. I could probably write a book about being in the right place at the right time and become a bestselling author and a millionaire at the same time.
Matthew
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
Despite being written as a "business fable", practical useful tools and systems are a part of this book. We plan to apply the principles of continuous improvement across the seven disciplines to continue to provide world class service to our clients!
Brandon
Aug 12, 2008 rated it did not like it
I was really dissapointed in this book. I think the author is more interested in talking about himself and his experiences than anything. It had some helpful info on entrepreneurship, but there are much better books and resources for better understanding starting a business.
Larry
Jun 12, 2012 rated it liked it
some good information about running a business. I have not read his other books yet but plan to. It seemed to say things over and over. I stopped about halfway through. I will read EMyth Revisited which I hear is the best one.
MsSmartiePants ...like the candy...
More information from Michael Gerber which is imperative to every business owner who wants and needs to be freed from the slavery of control.
Canew
Apr 02, 2008 is currently reading it
started...not finished-
Iszam
Apr 03, 2015 rated it did not like it
The most boring book you will ever read.
Crystal Vilkaitis
Dec 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
If you own a business, or are thinking of owning one, you MUST read this book
Andrew King
Jul 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: business
Not immediately convinced the information is as great as some of his other books.
Owen Greaves
Mar 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Business owners and anyone thinking of going into business will love this book, just buy it and read it. Worth every penny.
Michael
Jan 06, 2008 rated it really liked it
Very good wisdom in this book, ahtough it could stand a weight-loss program of about 100 pages. Very worthwhile book.
WORLD CLASS HABITS 2 4 Sep 20, 2007 02:52PM

• Rich Dad's Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom
  • Why We Want You To Be Rich: Two Men, One Message
  • The Power Of Less: The Fine Art of Limiting Yourself to the Essential
  • Rich Dad's Guide to Investing: What the Rich Invest in That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!
  • Multiple Streams of Income: How to Generate a Lifetime of Unlimited Wealth
  • Think and Grow Rich
  • Own Your Own Corporation
  • OPM: Other People's Money: How to Attract Other People's Money for Your Investments -- The Ultimate Leverage
  • Now, Discover Your Strengths
  • Rich Dad's Conspiracy of the Rich: The 8 New Rules of Money
  • Guerrilla Marketing: Easy and Inexpensive Strategies for Making Big Profits from Your Small Business
  • Million Dollar Habits: Practical, Proven, Power Practices to Double and Triple Your Income
  • Rich Dad's Retire Young, Retire Rich: How to Get Rich Quickly and Stay Rich Forever!
  • Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker's Money
  • The Science of Getting Rich
  • Rich Dad's Advisors: Guide to Investing In Gold and Silver: Everything You Need to Know to Profit from Precious Metals Now
  • The Millionaire Mind
  • Profit First: A Simple System To Transform Any Business From A Cash-Eating Monster To A Money-Making Machine
“The key to becoming an entrepreneur is to be willing to start your business all over again.” 3 likes
“Building a World Class Company is a commitment to the integration of passion, purpose, and practice.” 2 likes