Start by marking “Rich Dad's Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom” as Want to Read:
Rich Dad's Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom

Rich Dad's Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom

(Rich Dad #2)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  36,451 ratings  ·  1,058 reviews
The Cashflow Quadrant is the follow-up guide to finding the financial fast track that best works for you. It reveals the strategies necessary for moving beyond just job security to greater financial security by generating wealth from four selective financial quadrants. This work will reveal why some people work less, earn more, pay less in taxes, and feel more financially ...more
Published March 2012 by Business Plus (first published 1998)

·  36,451 ratings  ·  1,058 reviews

Start your review of Rich Dad's Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom
Justin Carlson
Nov 23, 2010 rated it liked it
Financial freedom is a vastly different from financial security.

For those of you who have read Rich Dad Poor Dad this book is basically an extension of the lessons taught in that book. Robert Kiyosaki gives a brief description of his journey as an adult going from a short stint living in his car to financial freedom by taking advantage of tax laws and creating assets that create passive income. (My personal gushings about this book can be found here.)
The title of the book, The Cashflow Quadrant,
Starket
Mar 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
For those of you who want to take control of your financial future, I recommend the Rich Dad, Poor Dad books. This is the second book in his series. It will not give you specific details of how to make those changes. It changes the way you think about money and opens your eyes to possibilites. Hopefully, it gives you the courage to make changes in your life to be financially successful. I know that Robert Kiyosaki's books have made drastic changes to our lives and it was only 1 year ago that my ...more
John-Philip
Jun 11, 2011 rated it it was ok
It's an alright book. Gives you a bit to think about but nothing revolutionizing. The last 40 pages or so are just blatant propaganda for his first book, Rich Dad Poor Dad, and his CASHFLOW games. If you're going to read one of Kiyosaki's books then you might as well read the original:Rich Dad, Poor Dad (and be aware that Kiyosaki's onlysuccessfulventure is the Rich Dad franchise).

Conclusion: Skip it.
Andrew Saul
Apr 08, 2012 rated it did not like it
It's a masterpiece of saying nothing but sounding very knowledgeable while you do so. From what I can garner (and it's hard because there are few if any facts to go off in the book) he made his money n the real estate boom in the US. But that seems to have convinced him that he had some magic formula to success no one else had thought of. He has done a really good job at selling snake oil through his books though, so I suppose you have to hand him that. Read this if you believe that all it takes ...more
Craig
Jan 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended reading. Its a bit high level and gives no direction on what to "DO". It is more about changing a mindset and identifying where you are. No more fooling yourself. This book did inspire me and now I am trying to think of ways to change my financial future. I have started to execute. Exciting times ahead .....
Aram
Mar 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book will help you understand how money works.
Basically we all generate income from one of four quadrants.
“E” employee
“S” self-employed
“B” business owner
“I” investor
Traditional school drives most people to trade time for money on the “E” and “S” quadrants, when in reality true prosperity comes from producing value in the “B” and “I” quadrants.
This is a must read! It contains invaluable information. True principles of prosperity we're talking here. READ IT!
Zhi Ling Tan
Mar 03, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It would be sufficient for people eager to be investors to stop at Rich Dad Poor Dad. I could not finish this book because I felt that I was really just reading the same repetitive opinion -- that creating business systems and focusing on investments were the only wise things to do. There weren't really much practical advice or learning points to be obtained here.
Scott Dinsmore
Jul 09, 2009 rated it liked it
Why I Read this Book: Anytime a book or author gets as much notoriety as the Cashflow brand has, I feel it is my duty to at least see what the fuss is about. Plus, I can always stand to learn a little bit more about the financial component to success.

Review:

For those of you who have not yet read the original Rich Dad Poor Dad or at least its review on this site, I recommend you do so before diving into Cashflow. This book is more of a sequel to Kiyosaki’s first book than anything else, however
Gergana
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business, non-fiction
Brilliant, as always!
Chad Warner
Mar 29, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: entrepreneurs, business owners
This book expands on the concepts presented in Rich Dad Poor Dad. Don't expect a detailed guide to getting rich; Kiyosaki explains that he doesn't write how-to books, but rather provides the mental framework that's necessary for gaining great wealth. He calls it the BE-DO-HAVE approach: "strengthen your thoughts (being) so that you can take the action (doing) that will enable you to become financially free (having)."

Kiyosaki promotes himself as living proof that you can get rich quickly; he went
Nola Redd
Dec 29, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: someone wanting to improve financial outlook
Recommended to Nola by: Kiyosaki
This is an intriguing follow-up to "Rich Dad, Poor Dad," and I enjoyed the way Kiyosaki devised his four quadrants. He definitely has a point about the difference between each quadrant or type of person. He provides sensible advice for transiting between columns.

As an interesting aside, he makes an excellent point about the public education system. I had already begun homeschooling my children because of many of the points that he discusses in his book. Specifically, the system's tendency to
Krizzia Demetilla
Brilliant. Now is the time to get focused on how to acquire financial intelligence.
Jeffrey
Jun 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Totally!
Recommended to Jeffrey by: No one
Shelves: business
The much maligned Robert Kiyosaki is here to open your eyes to the new age of finance. The age in which great sums of money are needed just to survive into retirement. Do you realize that if you're in your 20's now you'll need approximately $2.5 million to retire on? Just look at how quickly those gas prices are going up and imagine the cost of living 45 years from now.

Kiyosaki believes that the government and business are conspiring to keep the general public down by advocating education as
Moses
Jan 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended by coworker Josh F, this book presents some complex or "hidden" truths that will open your eyes to false conventional financial wisdom. For example, a mortgage isn't an asset but a liability in disguise. Def got me thinking about the importance of upping my financial knowledge as well as challenging my thinking of being an employee vs being a business owner.
Onizugolf
Oct 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"E = Employee, S = Self Employed, B = Business Owner, I = Investor Each quadrant has their own financial perspective. Love this quote “The rich buy assets. The poor only have expenses. The middle class buys liabilities they think are assets. The poor and the middle class work for money. The rich have money work for them. - Robert T. Kiyosaki” #MyFavQuote
Feb 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
"This book is primarily about strengthening your thoughts (being), so that you can take the action (doing) that will enable you to become financially free (having)." - Robert Kiyosaki (Cashflow Quadrant, Pg.141)
Hamidreza
some General information
i expected more
Ingrid
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
After reading Robert's acclaimed novel, Rich Dad Poor Dad, I knew I had to jump to get this book! While its predecessor mainly explains what differentiates the poor and middle class from the wealthy, Cashflow Quadrant outlines how the wealthy ascend to financial freedom, and the levels that are required to equip oneself with financial literacy. There are four main types of people: E for Employees, S for Self-Employed, B for Businessman, and I for Investors. Kiyosaki reiterates time and time ...more
Aline
It was a bit too repetitive, but otherwise as amazing as Rich Dad Poor Dad.
Ana
E for employee
S for small business or self-employed
B for big business (500 employees)
I for investor

From Which Quadrant Do You Generate Your Income?
Keshav Jangra
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
An extension of the Rich Dad Poor Dad series. The author had introduced the Cashflow quadrant in his first book and has attempt a detailed version about it but seems to have failed in doing that.

The cashflow quadrant identifies the different means of making a living - Employee (E), Self-Employed (S), Business Owner (B) and Investor (I). The idea is to move from active income i.e. E or S to B or I. An Investor makes minimal effort to earn money and let's his capital does the job. This should be
Punit
Had never thought about writing any book review this soon. But succumbed to feeling of disgust I experienced while reading this book.

Book is highly repetitive. Author just goes on and on and on and on explaining precisely what he has already done in his 1st book Rich Dad Poor Dad, which is still a readable one. If one wants to read any book of this author, one should read Rich Dad Poor Dad and then completely drop the idea of reading any of his books further.

Author talks about taking weekend
Arnab Padhi
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
It is a complicated task to review a non-fiction. So here are the parameters upon which I see the book.

Avoiding Redundancy: 1/5 (It keeps on rambling about the same idea on every page)
Case Studies: 2/5 (There's only what action was taken and what happened, no middle input is given)
Authenticity: 2/5
Readability: 3/5

Overall: The book deals with the idea of moving from "Employee" to "Entrepreneur". It is fine for the first few pages but then the ideas start to get redundant. A sane person can deduce
Joe Abraham
Nov 07, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
A great follow up to the first Rich Dad book... people earn money on one of 4 ways, or quadrants: 1. being and employee (E) 2. being self employed (S) 3. being a business owner (B) or 4. being an investor (I). This book goes into the advantages and disadvantages of each. It focuses mainly on the B and I quadrants because that is where the tax advantages are, and that is generally where the rich make and KEEP their money.
Fedjablpula
Nov 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
Sounds the same like 2 books i already read from the same author. He always writes the same and sells it under the different name.

E-employee
S-small business or self employed
B-big business
I-Investor
Kurtis Smith
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is dense in knowledge, I dare you to find another book that's informative power per page is greater.
Alexandra Dumitrescu
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
“You can never have true freedom without financial freedom.”

“But I knew there was more to life than just going to school to gain another professional credential.”

“Rich dad taught me that “you can’t do that” doesn’t necessarily mean you can’t. It more often means they can’t.”

“Most people go to school and learn to be players in the game, but no one explains the rules to them.”

I fell in love with this book already from the first pages. It was so hard for me to stop reading it and do something else.
Ayesha
Nov 17, 2019 rated it liked it
The book offers a neat summary of the original Rich Dad, Poor Dad philosophy and might be the push you need to move from the left side of the quadrant (employee or self employed) to the right side (business owner and/or investor). Rather than offering practical steps, it puts forth the idea that the difference between these sides is the level of security you are willing to sacrifice and endeavors to push your threshold for risk-taking so you can achieve financial freedom.

While I agree with the
Marissa Goldberg
Cashflow Quadrant

Easy read with very powerful ideas. Loved it! I'd recommend to anyone who wants to make a financial change for the better.
Gorjan
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jaw dropping... One of the most useful books I've read in my life.
You probably need to read the first one first, for everything to make sense and to get the most out of the book.
The cashflow quadrant should be something that is learned in high school as a primary subject!

• Think and Grow Rich
  • Why We Want You To Be Rich: Two Men, One Message
  • The Richest Man in Babylon
  • Own Your Own Corporation
  • The ABC's of Real Estate Investing: The Secrets of Finding Hidden Profits Most Investors Miss
  • Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker's Money
  • The Greatest Salesman in the World
  • The Magic of Thinking Big
  • The 4-Hour Workweek
  • The Science of Getting Rich
  • Rich Dad's Advisors: Guide to Investing In Gold and Silver: Everything You Need to Know to Profit from Precious Metals Now
  • The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America's Wealthy
  • The Millionaire Real Estate Investor
  • The Greatest Salesman in the World, Part II: The End of the Story
Kiyosaki is best known for his book Rich Dad, Poor Dad, the #1 New York Times bestseller. Kiyosaki followed with Rich Dad's CASHFLOW Quadrant and Rich Dad's Guide to Investing. He has now had at least a dozen books published. A partial list of his books is included below

Rich Dad (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Rich Dad, Poor Dad
  • Rich Dad's Guide to Investing: What the Rich Invest in That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!
  • Rich Dad's Rich Kid, Smart Kid: Giving Your Children a Financial Headstart
  • Rich Dad's Retire Young, Retire Rich: How to Get Rich Quickly and Stay Rich Forever!
  • Rich Dad's Success Stories: Real Life Success Stories from Real Life People Who Followed the Rich Dad Lessons
  • Rich Dad's Who Took My Money?: Why Slow Investors Lose and Fast Money Wins!
  • Rich Dad's Guide to Becoming Rich...Without Cutting Up Your Credit Cards
  • Rich Dad Poor Dad for Teens: The Secrets about Money--That You Don't Learn in School!
  • Rich Dad's Before You Quit Your Job: 10 Real-Life Lessons Every Entrepreneur Should Know About Building a Multimillion-Dollar Business
  • The Business School For People Who Like Helping People
“Success is a poor teacher” 51 likes
“What do you think about me is not my business the important thing is what I think about myself ...” 42 likes