Start by marking “L'intrigante de Londres (Les enquêtes de Lavinia et Tobias, #1)” as Want to Read:
L'intrigante de Londres (Les enquêtes de Lavinia et Tobias, #1)

L'intrigante de Londres (Lake & March #1)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  4,110 Ratings  ·  173 Reviews
Lorsque Lavinia Lake entreprend de se lancer dans une enquête qui l'implique personnellement, elle est loin d'imaginer qu'elle croisera le chemin de Tobias March, détective privé.
S'il apprécie peu de voir cette jeune femme marcher sur ses brisées et menacer ainsi son investigation, Tobias la convainc toutefois de travailler de concert avec lui. Voici le duo sur la piste d'
Mass Market Paperback, 315 pages
Published March 2010 by J'ai lu (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about L'intrigante de Londres, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about L'intrigante de Londres

Daniella
Jun 28, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
"Extremely disappointed" does not even begin to describe how I feel about this book.
description

I've always been reluctant to read a romance trilogy, or a series with the same leads because they tend to be really slow in terms of the development in the characters' relationship. But Slightly Shady's glowing reviews and Amanda Quick's spot as one of my favourite writers compelled me to try this out.

Boy, was that a mistake.

I was right in avoiding this all along. The pacing was so excruciatingly slow, and sad
Steven
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I almost didn't read this one. I read the second one then the third one and loved them both. I read some of the bad comments and skipped this one then I decided to read it. Why were some people so mean to this one, it was great. Even a bad Amanda book is a four star. Lavinia and Lake are the original Dallas and Roarke. Do not skip this one, read it first with no fear.
Kusanagi
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Il était trop bien ce livre ♥
J'adore et le côté enquête, et le côté romance avec nos deux héros qui n'arrêtent pas de se chamailler.... Et Lavinia est parfaite.
Résultat je l'ai lu en une nuit ou presque (heureusement que je suis en vacances ^^)et j'enchaine sur le tome 2 XD
Christelle
J'ai vraiment beaucoup apprécié ce livre, premier tome de la trilogie Lake & March, et je l'ai dévoré, comme les autres d'ailleurs.

C'est un livre vraiment divertissant, à l'écriture légère et enlevée et à l'intrigue bien menée. Les personnages, aussi bien principaux que secondaires, sont agréables à suivre et attachants, et c'est vraiment un plaisir de suivre les prises de becs entre Tobias March et Lavinia Lake durant leur enquête.
gina~*
This is the first in the Lavinia Lake/Tobias March Series. It is the book that has turned me on to historical romance and now im hooked!!!! Amanda Quick is my favorite author because she writes the perfect mix of suspense, mystery and of coarse the romance!!
Sandra Bašić
Jako simpatična "soft" krimi priča... a onda se ovi glavni malo i zaljube... :-D
Susan Wojtas
DNF at 20%. I have tried many times to read romance novels and I just need to fully admit they are not my cup of tea. I did read another book by this author many years ago and enjoyed it, but I couldn't do it with this one. Oh well
Nura
Apr 12, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
buku HR pertama yang gw baca di mana H/H gak berakhir dengan menikah. meskipun hero-nya gak perfect, tapi malah jadi menarik. heroine-nya khas AQ, widower. suka sama candaannya Tobias yang sering bilang yah, semua emang salah gw kok (terjemahan bebas)ke Lavinia. ada percakapan yang logis banget (menurut gw) antara kedua penyelidik swasta ini.

T: "Why is it that I am always the one who must produce the money when it is required in this
investigation?"
L: "You can put it on your client's bill."
T: "It
Carrie
TBR Challenge 2012- February category: Recommended by another reader. this was recommended by my daughter Hannah. Added Feb 2011.

3.5/5 Grade B

Slightly Shady is a solid effort by Amanda Quick. The dialog, between all the characters not just the leads, was smart and witty. Tobias is a wonderfully grouchy hero. Lavinia is a fairly typical Quick/Krentz heroine, which is to say a somewhat unconventional bluestocking who is matter-of-fact and independent-minded. The secondary characters Emiline and An
Megan Baxter
I read romances when they come up on one of my many lists, but it will never be my preferred genre. Slightly Shady was a fast read, light, fluffy, and vaguely irritating to anyone who knows anything about history. Again, one that won't stick with me.

Lavinia has set herself up as a female detective, while simultaneously trying to get her niece married off to someone highranking. And ends up teaming up with a man she loathes (I'm guess you can guess where this is going!) on a particular case.

Will
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2013reads
Normally, I really enjoy Quick's books, but this one just felt phoned in - the relationships and emotions felt contrived. I had been reading everything she published for awhile and about when this came out, I stopped. I got back into Quick through the Arcane Society novels which I have been really enjoying - this actually felt like a bit of a test run for those. I can't decide if I should continue with the Lake/March novels or not - I may try one more. This makes two disappointing romances in a ...more
Jill
Aug 16, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, suspense
I did not like this one at all. I don't know why I even finished it. The main character was completely unlikeable. I kept waiting and waiting for there to be something under the snootiness, etc. Nothing. I can't imagine what Tobias saw in her. Although I did wonder if I would have had a different reaction had I read it and not listened to it. Probably not--there would be times when she was all indignant and would get mad and it was so unwarranted! It was too bad, too. I usually like Amanda Quick ...more
Elaine
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5
Bethany
Really loved this! Lavinia and Tobias are fun to read when they're sparring, and the mystery, although not the most clever, held enough excitement and intrigue for me. In general, the story moved quickly and the romance between the leads moved along nicely, not too quickly and not too slowly; I really liked that it's a continuing series so their adventures and interactions keep going and don't shift to another couple. This also means there isn't any insta-love or -lust (yay!) and the end game (a ...more
Shahista Swellam
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just Like any of the novels i have read up so far for Amanda quick I did like it .
Though i did not feel much the chemistry between Lavina and Tobais but I was still able to feel their connection at certain level . Apart from the romance which isnt the main focus of the book, i loved the twists in the plot , and just when i thought i reached the end of the book i was only greeted with another unexpected plot followed by another one .
Amanda has always done great with her mysteries and crimes and
aem
Sep 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
thahnka goodness for emeline.
Andrea
May 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eh, it was fine. Not great chemestry.
MNLO
Jun 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Delightful nonsense
Floripiquita
3,5. Me parece muy divertida esta pareja de detectives.
Michele
Mystery with some romance thrown in. Not a lot of depth but enjoyable and fun to read.
Rhonda Soukup
This is the first book of three where we meet two "private inquirers" (modern day investigators) who team up to solve a mystery of who is running a criminal organization. We also meet the female character's young niece and the male character's young brother-in-law.
Pam H
Mar 05, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
I generally like Quick books but this was way too slow. Maybe I will attempt it at another time.
Lelyana
Feb 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Satu lagi novel Amanda Quick yang menarik perhatian saya, dengan genre yang tidak biasa, romance detective..buat saya, romance ya romance, detektif ya detektif. Menarik membaca kedua hal ini di gabungkan.
Dua karakter nya, Tobias March dan Lavinia Lake, yang orang biasa yang selalu kekurangan uang menurut saya sangat menarik diangkat dalam penokohan, mengingat biasanya tokok2 di HR biasanya selalu glamour dan kaum bangsawan.

Bertemu dengan ending yang didak enak berupa pengusiran Lavinia dari Ita
Belle Augusta
Jadi ini buku pertama yang benar-benar bersambung dengan dua buku lainnya (yang untungnya sudah kupunyai, berkat pameran buku!). Di buku pertama ini menceritakan tentang awal pertemuan Tobias dan Lavinia di Itali, walau kesan mereka pada awal pertemuan itu (benar-benar ketemu, bukan satu mengamati yang satu) buruk dan terjadi kesalahpahaman. Namun ketika mereka bertemu lagi di Inggris setelah beberapa bulan (gimana bukan jodoh coba) mereka melihat dengan logika bahwa walau sering bertengkar dan ...more
Ashley Lauren
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This just didn't do it for me overall. It had some definite perks but low enough lows that I just cannot say I enjoyed it.

Let's start with the perk. Quick has a pretty interesting story going on here. Sure, it gets a bit hokey and far-fetched but the overall mystery and excitement of it is pretty well done. There's a mystery in here that goes far more indepth than I anticipated and it's wrapped up nicely too, so I'll give some kudos there.

Unfortunately, that is where my praise ends. The rest of
Ladysatel
Book 1 of the Tobias March and Lavinia Lake series.

Lavinia Lake and her niece Emeline have been stranded in Rome when their employer abandoned them and ran off with a young man. To earn a living and enough to return to England Lavinia opens a shop selling antiquities.

The shop is doing quite well until one day when a man comes in tells Lavinia and Emeline they have one hour to pack and leave for London. He then begins to smash every item they have on display in the shop.

Lavinia is outraged and de
Pam
Oct 09, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: historical fiction fans; those who like strong women characters
Suzanne Moore
Mar 15, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Amyiw
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was cute, yet really quite good in the intrigue and mystery too. Lavinia and Tobias rub each other the wrong way, yet intrigue one another. They definitely have chemistry and are not the young debutante's that we usually read about in these historical. There is a real story here, yet there is a cuteness to the couple. I don't really feel like I read a HR (historical romance) but a mystery historical with romance and great characters. The romance is a bit tame.

So while reading, I figured out
Cruth
Author: Amanda Quick
First published: April 2001
Length: 344 pages, 5460 kindle locations
Setting: London, Regency.
Sex: Explicit. Infrequent.
Hero: Private Investigator. Widower left with the raising of his (now adult) brother-in-law.
Heroine: Private Investigator. Widow left with the raising of her (now adult) niece.
Includes: Excerpt from Don't Look Back.

An easy, light mystery, a quick read, and fun characters. Yes, it is very reminiscent of Quick's earlier works but, since it's been a while since I
Más libros para Latinoamérica!! 1 1 Apr 15, 2016 04:59PM
Jayne Ann Krentz ...: Slightly Shady (2001) Book 1 1 3 Sep 27, 2012 11:39AM
  • White Lies (Arcane Society, #2)
  • Orchid (St. Helen's, #3)
Pseudonym of Jayne Ann Krentz

She earned a B.A. in History from the Uni
More about Amanda Quick...

Lake & March (3 books)
  • Don't Look Back (Lake/March, # 2)
  • Late for the Wedding (Lake/March, # 3)