Start by marking “Punto y línea sobre el plano” as Want to Read:
Punto y línea sobre el plano

Punto y línea sobre el plano

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  801 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
In this famous work by a pioneer in the movement to free art from the bonds of tradition — a work long considered essential to understanding the evolution of 20th-century art — Kandinsky explores the role of the line, point, and other key elements of non-objective painting. 127 illustrations.
Published October 28th 2003 by Paidós (first published January 1926)

To ask other readers questions about Punto y línea sobre el plano, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Punto y línea sobre el plano

Πρόκειται για ένα πρωτοποριακό βιβλίο, ειδικά για την εποχή του, μία απόπειρα κατανόησης και εξήγησης της αφηρημένης τέχνης που σίγουρα σε ωθεί να αντικρίσεις με μία τελείως διαφορετική οπτική τον συγκεκριμένο τομέα της ζωγραφικής αλλά και το σύνολο των καλλιτεχνικών συνθέσεων. Η απόπειρα αυτή ξεκινάει από το πιο βασικό στοιχείο, το σημείο, για να περάσει στη γραμμή και να καταλήξει στο επίπεδο και στην τελική σύνθεση των επιμέρους στοιχείων. Όλες οι εντάσεις, εσωτερικές και εξωτερικές, τα χρώμα ...more
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: saggi
Apprezzavo già Kandinskij, ma solo a livello istintivo, avendone studiato semplicemente l'inquadramento storico ed alcuni pincipi base alle superiori.
Questo saggio mi ha aperto un mondo: non immaginavo che le teoria alla base della sua opera fosse così ambiziosa: scomporre e analizzare le regole compositive dell'opera d'arte (non solo della pittura) e della natura, codificarle quindi in un linguaggio per poterne controllare esattamente gli effetti "emotivi".
La prossima volta che avrò modo di amm
Nina J. Kors
Ho provato a leggere questo libro parecchie volte: Kandinsky mi piaceva tantissimo e il titolo è intrigante.
Poi, a sfogliare le pagine, si trovano tanti disegni: triangoli, linee, scarabocchi.

Una sorta di testo di grafica pubblicato originariamente nel 1926 (casa editrice diretta da Walter Gropius e Ladislaus Moholy-Nagy, capisci...)

Forse si prende il mano il libro con il desiderio di scoprire i segreti della pittura e della creatività di Vassily Kandinsky.
Però non sono mai riuscita a leggerlo.
Matthew Conroy
Nov 14, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Feb 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rebekah by: Cisco
we disagree, kandinsky and i. but with arguing, how much better to have something direct and strong to argue against.

there are also several worthwhile illustrations of ships and very generous margins for marking in.

May 10, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
I am certain I missed the point of this book. It seemed to me a very good attempt to establish solid art theory, but it still felt very subjective, and without any science to back up its claims I am not certain it can qualify.
Nov 20, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: history-of-art
Kandinsky's books are like his paintings - abstract for me.
Jul 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Completely changed my point of view on abstractionism!
A difficult read, but a very interesting idea is developed. Kandinsky attempts to codify artistic composition scientifically.
Jul 20, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was the best introduction to the depth of abstract art.
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun and useful "technical" treatment of fundamental issues of mark making.

Never ceases to amaze me how much one can squeeze out of the smallest detail in mark making. Applies equally to writing as it does to image making.

WK was deeply focused and verbose. Very helpful to studying and playing with his approach.
Making synesthesia a science. Astonishing. Ever wonder why Kiki is the spiky one and Boohbah is the round one? read this book.

I found myself thinking more profound thoughts than normal while reading this. It might take a while for them to trickle down to everyday thinking.
May 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-design
Leí este libro a pedido del profesor de Morfología en Diseño Gráfico y aunque se me hizo algo pesado, por el hecho de que no había leído nada prácticamente en este tema, debo decir que fue entretenido leerlo, y que me dejo un poco mas claras las cosas.
Jorge Romero
This book is definitely deep. Author explained about the characterization of the basic concepts: point and line. This objects create various emotions when the viewer interacts with them. But, the author speaks with a specialist audience and breaks the rhythm of reading for the initiated.
Марина Хомич
Книга будет интересной любознательным в сфере искусства людям, но читается тяжело.
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great art theory
Flor ✨
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Kandinsky es un gran "meh" para mí.
Sharon R.
I really struggled to grind through this. Kandinsky is one of my favorite artists, and I'm fascinated by his pivitol role in the transition he made from representational to abstract art. That said, the book is a real slog through an early attempt to create a language and system for creating abstract art. At least to me it was mostly impenetrable.
There are some good parts - when he compares abstract art to music. Lots of music is abstract. No one says, "I just don't get it," when they hear a wor
Ed Smiley
Read alongside Abstraction in Art and Nature. These two books take diametrically opposite, and supplementary approaches.
Point and Line to Plane is primarily a priori and Abstraction in Art and Nature a posteriori. They benefit from being read together.

Unlike Abstraction in Art and Nature , this derives formal relationship through a quasi-axiomatic method, using the most elementary visual primitives. Kandinsky attempts to derive and relate intuitive and emotional responses to these forms. He gen
Matt Maldre
Aug 08, 2012 marked it as quit-reading  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: art, books-i-own
This book reads like Kandinsky is on drugs. Don't get me wrong, I love his writings on religion, painting, and interdisciplinary arts. But in this particular book he waxes on about dots and lines. Despite his stretching the concepts of dots and lines, there is a certain amount of truth in it.

If you'd to hear an eccentric Russian talk about dots and lines, this is the book for you. Here's a taste with just one paragraph (of hundreds) with Kandinsky talking about dots.
"The point's external conce
Carlos Mendez
Nov 04, 2011 rated it it was ok
Qué puedo decir, Kandinsky definitivamente no es escritor. No entendí muchas cosas, no entendí muchas palabras que decía en el libro.. pero no porque usara tecnicismos que solo pintores o artistas pudieran entender, sino porque usaba metáforas. No sé si con estas metáforas esperaba que ayudaran a las personas a comprender mejor, porque no fue mi caso, o será que simplemente yo no tengo imaginación.
A veces sentía que su intención era de que no esperaba que lo comprendiéramos totalmente. No explic
Elizabeth Goldring
This might sound weird but I found this book not only amazing for learning but incredibly entertaining as well. I tried to imagine various case scenario for the context in which it was written because it sounded vibrant at times and incredibly fun.
Apr 16, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book came to me by a recommendation. The person that gave it to me thought that it would help me with my photo essay. It did, a lot, but it wasn't the kind of book that I use to read, so it took me a long time to finish it.
The best of ....
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very helpful!
Pepe Palacios
Oct 11, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: architects
A guide line for fine composition
Anastasia Peacefull
This book has no use, imho. This is just not-a-common book about art.
Nov 26, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
  • On n'y voit rien : descriptions
  • On Modern Art
  • Kandinsky
  • The Reign of Quantity and the Signs of the Times
  • Principles of Art History: The Problem of the Development of Style in Later Art
  • الفن
  • Honoring the Medicine: The Essential Guide to Native American Healing
  • The Elements of Drawing
  • Non-Adhesive Binding: Books Without Paste or Glue
  • A Concise History of Modern Painting
  • Wassily Kandinsky: 1866-1944 a Revolution in Painting
  • Art and Culture: Critical Essays
Wassily Wassilyevich Kandinsky was a Russian painter, and Art theorist. He is credited with painting the first modern abstract works.
Born in Moscow, Kandinsky spent his childhood in Odessa. He enrolled at the University of Moscow and chose to study law and economics. Quite successful in his profession—he was offered a professorship (chair of Roman Law) at the University of Dorpat—he started painti
More about Wassily Kandinsky...
“Thus we look upon the geometric point as the ultimate and most singular union of silence and speech.” 1 likes