Start by marking “Howl's Moving Castle, Vol. 2 (Howl's Moving Castle Film Comics, #2)” as Want to Read:
Howl's Moving Castle, Vol. 2 (Howl's Moving Castle Film Comics, #2)

Howl's Moving Castle, Vol. 2

(Howl's Moving Castle Film Comics #2)

Sophie thinks of herself as plain and boring, especially compared to her vivacious younger sister Lettie. Sophie expects to spend the rest of her life quietly making hats in the back room of her family's shop, but as her country prepares for war, she is forced to set out on an extraordinary adventure!

Sophie’s excitement continues as she takes up the position of cleaning la
Published September 6th 2005 by VIZ Media LLC (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Howl's Moving Castle, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Howl's Moving Castle, Vol. 2

Start your review of Howl's Moving Castle, Vol. 2 (Howl's Moving Castle Film Comics, #2)
Hayleigh
Apr 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Is he dead?"
"No, he's fine. He's just throwing a tantrum."

This part of the film has so many wonderful quotes! 😂
Evaluna
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I watch the anime before I read the manga and it's basically the same. ...more
Nouruddine
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it
::Howl's Moving Castle's Characters::

Sophie Hatter

Sophie is the protagonist of the novel and has lots of ambitious ideas that she puts to the back of her mind because she is the eldest of the three Hatter sisters and knows the eldest is always destined for...nothing at all. She is defiant though, and sets out to seek her fortune not as a pretty young girl but as a creaky old crone after the Witch of the Waste has cursed her. She is essentially very nice, sweetly helping the trapped dog a
Dyslexic Bookmonster
Jun 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
For some it may be 'just screenshots' from the film, but i love it anyway. The manga has just as much charm as the film. Though I do miss the music. ...more
JC  Cornell
Mar 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Based on stills from the movie - reproduced as per the screenplay.
Blake
Sep 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children, manga
We continue to follow the adventures of Howl, his moving castle, Sophie, and the wicked witch.
Jana
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics-mangas
Die Comics sind eins zu eins eine Adaption vom Film. Und da ich das häufiger in den Kommentaren/ Reviews gesehen habe: Der Film ist genauso verwirrend und abrupt zu Ende wue die Comics. Das ist demnach kein Kritikpunkt an den Comics sondern am Film. Aber wenn man die Geschichte und das Ende auf sich wirken lässt, versteht man es schon irgendwann. Ich wusste nach dem ersten Mal gucken auch nicht worum es im Film geht.
Ich mochte die Comics sehr, da diese in Farbe sind und den Film wiedergeben, zum
Kennedy
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This book was pretty good, it is a really fast read which is kinda normal since it's a graphic novel. I liked a lot, though. It would be nice if they translated the background noise to English instead of keeping it japaneese. ...more
Gabby
Dec 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library, manga
*There may be spoilers in this review, but big ones will be marked.*

I'm glad I started reading this after watching the movie, because now the movie makes much more sense. Once again, a short read (Maybe took me a little longer than usual) but I will definitely be reading the next two (and why didn't they make a movie for the other two books in the original Howls moving castle series? I would have loved to see more!) The pictures were once again; amazing and you could really get the feel and the
Serafina
Oct 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
First time I read a comic version of a movie (not to mention a Miyazaki one). It was very interesting to experience it through this different medium. Comics have a very different way of capturing details and time in a way that movies don't, and I felt that I was able to notice a lot more than I might have than if I had watched it as a movie, because of when "time slowed" (this is what I'll call it when the comic had several blocks of a scene where no one is speaking and they're almost identical) ...more
Erica
Jul 11, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The manga version of Howl's Moving Castle recreates Miyazaki's film, not the book, so readers of the book who haven't seen the movie (and I am one of these people) may find the story line confusing, since there are few parallels between the two.

For my money, I thought the book was much stronger. I was initially going to read the entire manga series of the book, but after the first two volumes, I realized I have too much other stuff I'd rather read.
Becky
Feb 10, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Admittedly this is where the plot of the movie starts to break down....

In general, this kind of manga is fun because it gives you time to catch the small details of the movie, but the art is, as far as I can tell, taken from the film stills and so is a bit clunky at times in terms of pacing.
Belinda
Aug 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This 4 book series is great. I love it. I like that it reads like a manga book and that it is stills from the movie used as the artwork. I absolutely loved the movie. This volume takes you from the scorched table during breakfast to the meeting with Suliman at the royal palace.
Canay
Jan 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Are you scared of getting old? Do you believe there are good and bad people in this world? Is fire symbolizes evil to you? Just sit down and watch this animation with open mind and heart like a child.
Angelique
Wonderfully done. I love the movie and these books offer you the opportunity to take a closer look and to enjoy the power of the pictures with their fascinating details and wonderful colors.
Labeba Salameh
انهيت قراءة الجزء الثاني
احساس صوفي انها لم تكن جميلة يوما متعب حقا
وننتقل للثالث
قمة المتعة ان تعظى بقصة مصورة ورقيا ♡بعيدا عن شاشة الحاسوب
Gayle Gordon
May 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
The continuing story of Howl and Sophie, with gripping new characters- Madame Suliman and Heen, the asthmatic dog. What's with his haircut? ...more
Margaret Chan
Like the movie.
Holly Leighfield
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2013
Beautiful artwork, wretched story. Weakened the original plot, destroyed characters...the original book is much to be preferred.
Zian B.
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I like that this volume made Howl seem more human compared to what was said about him prior to this.
Jennifer Priester
Chelsea Williams
Jun 06, 2016
Balaki85
Feb 13, 2015

• 聲の形 2 [Koe no Katachi 2] (A Silent Voice, #2)
  • Poems To Save The World With
  • Yes No Maybe So
  • Drömmen om en häst (Tess, #1)
  • Vänner (Tess #3)
  • Drömponnyn (Tess, #2)
  • Tovan
  • Det grå skåpet
  • Nattkorpen (Månvind & Hoff #1)
  • SEALs of Honor: Books 1-3 (SEALs of Honor, #1-3)
  • Saras nye hest (Sara, #14)
  • Zulusystrar
  • Harpa
  • Vinterträdgårdens hemlighet
  • Den gåtfulla fyren
  • Flamer
  • Salen
  • Humlan Hanssons hemligheter
宮崎 駿

Hayao Miyazaki was born in Tokyo on January 5, 1941. He started his career in 1963 as an animator at the studio Toei Douga, and was subsequently involved in many early classics of Japanese animation. From the beginning, he commanded attention with his incredible ability to draw, and the seemingly-endless stream of movie ideas he proposed.

In 1971, he moved to A Pro with Isao Takahata, then to N

Howl's Moving Castle Film Comics (4 books)
  • Howl's Moving Castle Picture Book (Howl's Moving Castle Film Comics, #1)
  • Howl's Moving Castle, Vol. 3 (Howl's Moving Castle Film Comics, #3)
  • Howl's Moving Castle, Vol. 4 (Howl's Moving Castle Film Comics, #4)

News & Interviews