Start by marking “501 Spanish Verbs: Fully Conjugated in All the Tenses in a New Easy-To-Learn Format Alphabetically Arranged” as Want to Read:

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  834 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Popular phrases, words, and expressions accompany the complete conjugation of common Spanish verbs.
Published October 1st 1996 by Barron's Educational Series (first published 1963)

To ask other readers questions about 501 Spanish Verbs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 501 Spanish Verbs

Mia
Dec 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is a must-have book if you ever want to advance your spanish language skills. It was well organized and the instructions and explanations were clear. Highly reccommend, especially for people currently studying spanish.
Riobhcah
Jan 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have owned many editions of this book over the years in other languages besides Spanish as well and I will say that it is even better each time. This is a great reference book for anyone who is serious about learning the intricacies of verbs.
Mariah
Jan 13, 2009 rated it liked it
An essential reference book to have on hand for any intermediate/advanced student of Spanish. It also gives suggestions for practice drills of the various tenses- it included tenses I hadn't even heard of!
Liam
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I used to think this book was stupid. If you could just learn the different groups/patterns, then you'd know how to conjugate thousands of verbs. BUT, now I know that being able to quickly look up a verb you're unsure about, and see ALL of the conjugations right there, spread out, is extremely helpful. Also, it really only has verbs you'll ever want to use (with some obscure irregular verbs as exceptions). There was only a handful of times it didn't have a verb I wanted. Looking through it for a ...more
jacky
Mar 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Extremely helpful for translating irregular verbs! I don't know if I would have gotten by in my Spanish classes without this book. You can look up a verb and you get a whole page dedicated to all its forms. The beginning also covers the regular verbs in a way that is easy to reference.
Lisa
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One of the most useful resources someone learning Spanish can have. 501 of the most commonly used Spanish verbs along with all of their conjugations and useful grammar information. Every Spanish student should have this book in their library.
Cindy Adams hussey
Excellent book for anyone trying to advance their Spanish grammar. I've used it a lot!
Roseanne Dinoto
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great tool for any one studying or using Spanish as a 2nd language
Crystal
Extremely useful in my quest to become semi-fluent in español.
Catherine Woodman
Jul 29, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the greatest asset ever--simple yet brilliant
Very Helpful 1 1 May 03, 2014 09:28PM
  • 501 Latin Verbs
  • 501 Russian Verbs
  • 501 German Verbs
  • The University of Chicago Spanish - English English - Spanish Dictionary
  • Bantam New College Latin and English Dictionary
  • English Grammar for Students of Spanish: The Study Guide for Those Learning Spanish
  • Wheelock's Latin
  • Random House Webster's American Sign Language Dictionary
  • A Writer's Reference: With 2003 MLA Update
  • The Little, Brown Handbook, APA Update [with CD]
  • Language Files: Materials for an Introduction to Language and Linguistics
“Essential 55 verb list Beginning students should pay careful attention to the 55 verbs in this list. We have chosen them because they are useful for learning essential conjugations, tricky spelling changes, and common usage. We have also highlighted certain pairs of verbs to help you understand the difference between a reflexive and a nonreflexive verb. If you study the verbs on this list, you will be able to conjugate just about any verb you come across and you will be able to express yourself in correct idiomatic Spanish.   acabar ir/irse (Verb Pair) andar   aprender leer caer/caerse (Verb Pair) llamar/llamarse (Verb Pair) cantar llevar comenzar mirar/mirarse (Verb Pair) comer   comprar oír conducir pagar conocer pensar construir perder contar poder creer poner/ponerse (Verb Pair) dar   deber quedarse decir querer dormir saber entrar salir escribir sentir/sentirse (Verb Pair) estar   estudiar ser gustar (See Defective and Impersonal Verbs) tener   tomar   traer   venir haber ver hablar vivir hacer volver” 0 likes