Start by marking “The Sweethearts' Knitting Club (Twilight, Texas #1)” as Want to Read:
The Sweethearts' Knitting Club (Twilight, Texas #1)

The Sweethearts' Knitting Club

(Twilight, Texas #1)

The first book in Lori Wilde’s new series set in small-town Twilight, Texas, The Sweethearts’ Knitting Club is the story of Flynn McGregor, a young woman who’s always done exactly what her friends, family, and fellow knitters have told her to do—until Jesse Calloway, her bad-boy high school sweetheart, roars back into town.
Published November 24th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published November 4th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Sweethearts' Knitting Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sweethearts' Knitting Club

Start your review of The Sweethearts' Knitting Club (Twilight, Texas #1)
Christine
Nov 08, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned, romance
Flynn (the main character) and I just didn't get along.

She started getting on my nerves from the start. She's been dating the sheriff, Bo, for ten years now, but keeps turning him down when he asks her to marry him. I find this behavior to be selfish in the extreme. He gives her an ultimatum in the first chapter -- marry me or break up -- that should probably have come years ago, but since he's not the romantic hero I could forgive him for his spinelessness in not forcing the issue sooner.
Katie(babs)
I’m pretty surprised by the amount of knitting plots found in contemporary romances lately. The latest in this trend is by Lori Wilde who has a new series for Avon. The first book, The Sweetheart’s Knitting Club takes place in the small town of Twilight, Texas. Ten years ago Jesse Calloway was arrested for cocaine and gun possession and sent to prison. He gets a reduced sentence for saving a fellow inmate and stopping a prison riot. He’s released and heads back to Twilight where the girl he left ...more
Marcie
Jun 27, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Monica
Nov 26, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ha ha, this book was NOT about knitting. (Which I was looking for.) Wish I liked the characters, but alas, I did not.
Lover of Romance
Jesse Calloway, has spent the past ten years in prison, for a crime he didn't commit. When he saved a kid and prevented a prison riot, he was granted release two years early. Jesse already has a plan...go back and and get justice, and the find the one woman who has always held his heart...Flynn MacGregor. Flynn, has always had a secret love for Jesse, but has never had hope to make a future with him. She has just accepted the proposal of the chief of police, one who she has dated since high ...more
Dec 03, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nope - can't recommend it.
Susan
Nov 23, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(May contain a spoiler) Wow - I really liked this book. Good characters, sense of place, life situations, etc. One woman has two guys fighting for her - one good guy, one bad boy. This is the case where the bad-boy is good while the good guy does some underhanded things to win the heroine's affections. Very well played out.

If this is part of a series, sign me up to read the next one!
Megan
Fluffy, cute, predictable. Am I glad I read it? Yup. I love to knit and any story that appeals to my romantic side and my love for knitting, is okay with me. Plus there is one scene in there that had my heart beating a little wildly and I couldn't put it down. This is definitely entertainment reading, and it definitely entertained me!
Catherine
Awe, another knitting story. I would have liked to hear more from the sweetheart knitters the self. And wrong was done to Jessie,but word on the punishment for the sheriff. I didn't like the ending.
Billie
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Oh, gracious. This was not good. It wasn't awful—I have definitely read much worse—but it certainly doesn't inspire me to want to pick up other books in the series. Flynn was such a martyr; the sort of heroine who sublimates everything she wants so that she can take care of others and seemingly wants to be patted on the back for it. She is dating the town sheriff and has been for the last ten years. And this is where things get really problematic for me.

Beau is a psychopath. And even if Flynn
Nate Brightman
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'll probably lose may man card for admitting this but I've been on an almost steady diet of romance novels for months. Most I've enjoyed, some were just okay a very few I thought were terrible and a very few I really loved. I'd read four of Lori Wilde's Twilight Texas Christmas books but I'd shied away from this book (the first in the series) and the sewing club and the cookie club books just because they sounded too girlie or cutsie(for lack of a better term) for me. But I read the synopsis ...more
Kristina
I'm conflicted on how to rate this. I love Lori Wilde's writing and how the story unfolded. My main issue was the heroine...
Flynn has spent most of her life taking care of her family and not following her heart. She had a 10 year on/off relationship with Beau, her high school sweetheart, who is the sherriff. He wants a firm commitment and Flynn can't help but think of Jesse, the bad boy who also stole her heart in HS. They didn't get to explore what could have been as Jesse was arrested and put
Tess
Sep 18, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Mfred
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pretty good, even if not everything I wanted from the story came true.

Flynn does everything expected of her, and then some-- even if it means lying to the people she loves to keep them happy. But she can’t quite bring herself to agree to marry her long time, on-again-off-again boyfriend, Beau. And then Jesse shows up in town. It’s been ten years since he went to prison and now he’s back to get his girl and his revenge against the people who sent him away.

So, I was totally expecting a bad boy,
Svalora
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great romance! I love the small town settings of series like this — reminds me of home! Also proof that it doesn’t take a ton of money to have true love and romance!
I’ve enjoyed the characters and settings — and am looking forward to the rest of the series! I started this one for the Christmas stories in the middle, so I hope book 2 goes fast so I can get on to the Holiday spirit!!
My only true complaint of this book it the editorial errors — don’t know if this is the conversion to digital text
Tenisha
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Probably more deserving of three stars than 4 but it was what I needed when I needed it and it was just easy and comforting. Could have used better line editing, spelling character's names incorrectly is a little distracting (ie Honda instead of Hondo which was upsetting and hilarious in equal measure...as is correcting typos/grammar while you're trying to read) but otherwise overall enjoyable.
Barbara
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable

A story of young love lost, heartache, ten years of a young man’s life lost to a crime he didn’t commit, intrigue, suspense, and more. Some language, sexual tension, then the real thing. Can Flynn and Jesse take a second chance and find true love and happiness after so much time has passed?
Bel
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Note to self: do not listen to “romance” novels while stacking books in the shop, as customers may come in and hear something they shouldn’t.... (thankfully it wasn’t as bad as it could have been....!!).

Fun and easy, this story was predictable as anything but that was part of its charm. Made a bad couple of days bearable.
Juli
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
What did I just read? Gilmore Girl fan fiction??????
Michelle
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Light Reading

Great for a light read for when you just want to get a happy ending. It’s nice to escape to Twilight, TX.
Preslava
Diane Houdeshell
Quick, easy read-3.5 stars
Christa
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good story. Would recommend, if you like bad boys(ha ha ha) and the girls that love them.
Sandy
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute!
Becky
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute book even though I don't knit.
Shirley Cagle
Just the kind of light reading for a winter’s day.
Allison
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bit predictable but a good story anyway.
Anna
A fun, feel good story. It gets a little raunchy but have you ever been to a knitting club where they didn't share salacious secrets?
Belinda F. Collier
Enjoyed it very much. Ms. Wilde has wonderful characters and engaging stories.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: Twilight & Jubilee series by Lori Wilde 1 3 Oct 08, 2013 05:36PM

• Christmas with a Cowboy (Longhorn Canyon, #5)
  • Coming Home for Christmas (Haven Point, #10)
  • Dan (Texas Rascals #9)
  • New Leaf (Mystic Creek, #2)
  • The Good Ones (Happily Ever After #1)
  • Tucker (Texas Rascals #5)
  • Three Dog Night (The Dogmothers, #2)
  • A Dash of Christmas (Montgomery Brothers)
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
  • Rex (Texas Rascals #10)
  • In Case You Didn't Know (Magnolia Sound #3)
  • Mulberry Moon (Mystic Creek, #3)
  • Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)
  • Sisters of Summer's End (Summer Resort #2)
  • The Christmas Keeper (Happily Ever After, #2)
  • Mistletoe Cottage (Harmony Harbor #1)
  • Christmas in Cold Creek (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #9)
  • Snowbound at Christmas (Montana Men, #5.5)
Lori Wilde can’t remember a time when she didn’t want to write. She even went to nursing school so she could have a schedule flexible enough to allow her to write on the side. She nursed for 20 years, working in a variety of settings from the newborn nursery to the recovery room, to dialysis. But she never lost her desire to write.

She sold her first book in 1994 to Silhouette Romance but later

Twilight, Texas (10 books)
  • The True Love Quilting Club (Twilight, Texas, #2)
  • The First Love Cookie Club (Twilight, Texas, #3)
  • The Welcome Home Garden Club (Twilight, Texas, #4)
  • Christmas at Twilight (Twilight, Texas, #5)
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas (Twilight, Texas, #6)
  • A Wedding for Christmas (Twilight, Texas #7)
  • Cowboy, It's Cold Outside (Twilight, Texas #8)
  • The Christmas Key (Twilight, Texas #9)
  • The Christmas Dare (Twilight, Texas #10)