Start by marking “Blind Desire” as Want to Read:
Blind Desire

Blind Desire

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  357 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
A chance encounter in an alleyway has Ryzel, an incubus, chasing after Quinlin, the Gifted human who almost interrupted his most recent meal. Quinlin’s prickly attitude doesn’t stop Ryzel from trying to find him because a Gifted human such as Quinlin is the richest possible food source for an incubus. It certainly doesn’t hurt that Ryzel also finds Quinlin beautiful.

Quinli
Published (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Blind Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blind Desire

Natsroshan
Blind Desire is a beautiful story: i would say sweet but it's hard to use this word when you have both protagonist that are anything but mean!

Ryzel is a demon (an incubus) and, as he says himself, a demon always lie and always do bad things: It's their nature.
Quinlin is a human, a gifted one: he is blind but can see auras of living things. He is far from a dependant and weak guy: he is most of the times pissed at someone or something. His real purpose in life is being obnoxious.

Their background
Bookwatcher
Is hard to give my judgment to this book...

About the story
Quinlin, a blind pianist, by chance get in the way of a Incubus, Ryzel. Everything happens very quickly, and you will be reading HOT bed scenes after few pages. The book has both POV, so you will read knowing both man thoughts (I like that!).
That's pretty much the story.... it's a great paranormal (almost erotic) book, but I don't think there are a lot to tell about the plot.

What I LOVE reading Blind Desire
1)Hot bed scenes
2)Hot horn thi
Simsala
Td`s one sentence review says it all!

After reading this I want a demon of my very own - preferably incubus!
I really, really want Asmodai`s full demon name so I can "call" that deliciously evil, sexy son-of-a-bitch.....;-)
Td
May 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Td by: Simsala
Characters with attitude. All of them! Light, fun, super sexy, demonic read.
Yvonne
3.5 StarsThis story of incubus demon Ryzel and his pursuit of gifted human Quinlin is fun & enjoyable. It has decent world building with good interesting character including Quinlin who is all bristly, snappish attitude & Ryzel who is devilish, full of vigor & knows when to back down & play the submissive card with both Quinlin & his father.

Besides the introduction of interesting characters and explanations of the worlds, there's not a heck of a lot happening here except try
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Interesting world of demons!
Quin was great, a pain in the rear anti-social gifted man and his equally difficult demon lover!
They were greatly matched and it was a fun read!
Miralinda
Слепой пианист бегает от инкуба. Оказывается, у инкубов есть ритуал, связывающий их со своей парой. Куинлин боится демона, ему не нравится, что тот агрессивен и свободно убивает людей, но потом сдается (слишком быстро) и забывает о своих страхах.
Mandapanda
3.5 stars. Indulgently sexy tale of an incubus demon who finds himself falling for a bad-tempered, visually impaired human. I thought the acquisition of 'powers' was leading somewhere, perhaps to a battle or a life and death situation of some sort, but in fact this story is quite light and funny with a sweet, if anticlimactic, HEA.
MsMiz (Tina)
Mar 03, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: glbt-all, pdf
More like 3.5 - I liked this story, even though I cannot really tell you why. I am not really a fan of sex demons - the thought of sex to survive with no repercussions - but it worked here. I like how the story unfolded and could see how there could be more books to the story.
Kassa
Aug 15, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a unique and refreshing story that feels very present with the choice of language and slang, leaving a thoroughly entertaining reading experience that may slide this book into the cult classic type of fans. With very few missteps and a range of fascinating characters with solid world building, this story dealing with demons, angels, incubi, and magic of all kinds is rather irreverent and light. The dialogue and characters keep the action moving and interesting without allowing the story ...more
Demi Idle
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica, mm-romance
As easy reading goes, this was surprisingly good.
The plot (as little as there was of it) is as cheesy as the title, but it didn't matter much, because I liked the characters and their snarky dialogue.
What can I say? I'm a demon. I do bad things.

And I sure love reading about bad boys, especially when the writer knows how to write steamy scenes.

The ending was a bit abrupt and unsatisfactory, the setting had so much more potential. There were also some minor editing errors. But on the whole, I
Brenda Maldonado
Aug 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: M/M paranormal romance fans

I just read this book for the second time and I loved it as much as the first. The characters are fantastic. Quinlin is a Gifted human, a superbly talented musician with the unique ability to see auras. This is quite handy since he is physically blind, so auras are all he can see. A chance encounter with Ryzel sends Quinlin stumbling into the life he is destined to live with the demon he is destined to love. Demon politics, meddling family, handsome best friends and hot, hot, hot sex ma
Mara Ismine
This one gets five stars straight off because I know I'll be reading it again. It has taken me a while to get around to reading this because I haven't been in the mood for long stories for quite a while and I knew it was going to keep me reading. ID Locke has a real talent for character building, complex plots and pacing; and these are crafted so well that you hardly notice how involved you are as the story sweeps you along.

Blind Desire was no exception. Ryzel, the arrogant incubus, and Quinlin,
Lexi Ander
Jan 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lexi by: Natroshan
This was a gem. The cover doesn't do it justice. I liked that Ryzel continued to be a demon even after falling in love. His demon nature didn't change because he had found that one person for him. Quinlin was "piss and vinegar" with no problem setting Ryzel straight. He didn't immediate accept or jump into situations making Ryzel work for it. I really enjoyed the demon world that was created. I really hope Locke writes a story for Kell. I would love to come back to this interesting world that ha ...more
Ayanna
May 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
When Haskell started talking about the dude and the horse....(view spoiler). How much you wanna bet I'm right?

The ending was...abrupt. I kept pressing the right arrow key, thinking my computer was just lagging or something, but it really was over. Just like that.

Other than that, I liked it. It was quite good, actually. And it's got a killer pianist and I'm a sucker for classical musicians.

Dee
Jun 05, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, read-2010
can't say i loved it, can't say I hated it...it is written in the first person which is hard for me sometimes and switching point of view between the two heros, but had an interesting premise.
Elisa Rolle
Jul 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
2009 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention (5* from at least 1 judge)
Pia Veleno
Luna Solaris
Nov 26, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-m-m
Neyjour
There's not much of an actual plot to this story. It's pretty much all about the relationship, which was a bit of a shame because I could see so much potential there for a larger conflict revolving around the romance. But overall, I really didn't mind too much because Quin and Ryzel were such wonderful characters, and I absolutely loved how their relationship developed. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough!

But... I felt I had to deduct a star because of the ending. The story is zipping along, s
Wendy Ann
This story was rich with humor and steamy with eroticism – delightfully unexpected overall! One of my absolute favorite passages from the book was (Quin’s friend Kell talking to Quin): “You’re banging a sex demon? Holy f#cking Christ on a crutch! Go big or go home, eh, Quin? You are officially my new hero. Is he as good as I’m thinking? Please tell me he’s as good as I’m thinking. Please share all those lovely details with your best friend.”

In addition to the lively writing, the characters were
Adara
Aug 28, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gangbang2010q4
I liked the basic premise of the story, but the very end felt more about sex than story. I suppose it could be argued that it was being used to established more about their newly forged relationship, but it felt like it was being dragged out.

That could perhaps be because I kept waiting for the imp to arrive and take Quinlin for a 24-hour romp and Ryzel to have to use his minor favor with his father to break that contract. In going back to re-read the spot where that deal with the imp was struck,
leigh
Jul 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyable, well-written light PNR with an interesting twist: the demon had a sweeter nature than his prickly, irascible human partner. All of the secondary characters were intriguing. Particularly liked Ryzel's demon prince father, and the skillful way his elegance, dignity, humor, brutality and eroticism were rendered. Quin's best friend Haskell deserves his own story; there is a teasing setup for that in this book, but apparently it hasn't come to pass. The romance in this one, however, ...more
Rissa
Aug 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More! Lol
I liked it! I like the alternating First Person POVs! I also like all the background story and information about angels, demons, and other beings (gifted). I love imaginative and creative world building! ♡
I even like the ending even if it's technically hopeful because it was not instant intense feelings. I enjoyed reading it! :)
OkayKim
Sep 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This little cutie has been sitting in my kindle for over a year. Since it's Oct., decided to read some of my M/M paranormal books. What a surprise! I really enjoyed this one. The romance dance between the two main characters Quinlin & Ryzel was hilarious. The sex HOT! Would love a sequel involving Haskell. Hint, hint.
Ana
Sep 18, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
K
Jul 01, 2016 marked it as lurking-in-kindleland  ·  review of another edition
GLBT Fantasy Groups PIFM challenge book July 2016 - chosen for me by Wende

7th July - tried to read this but failing to get past the first few pages - 15th July - put back into the queue... will try again at some point
Jess Candela
Sep 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, read-in-2011
Laughed out loud several times. Was surprised when I came to the end, and wondered if there's a sequel. Then I realized that really what needed to be covered had been, so a sequel isn't really necessary. But I'd really like to read about Haskell, so I hope that will be written.
Fehu
3.5 stars!
Most of all I liked the characters, who more or less carried the plot, which was not exactly great, more or less how to get each other into bed. Still it's a fun and light story about a gifted person and a succubus who tries to get into his pants.
Nice holiday read!
Melissa
Jul 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-fantasy
I liked the characters' interactions and the plot enough to overlook some of the abrupt sentences and the fact that Quinlin occasionally crosses the line into annoying. By the end of the novella, I just wanted more Quinlin and Ryzel!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Prince's Angel (Legends of the Romanorum, #1)
  • Paul's Dream (Touching Fire, #1)
  • Skin Deep (Fae, #1)
  • Hell Cop
  • A Hidden Magic (Sentinels #1)
  • Dark Devotion (Fatefully Yours #1)
  • The Lost Books 1 & 2
  • Personal Demons (Gods and Chaos, #3)
  • Second Sight
  • Just Like Cats and Dogs
  • Tatterdemalion (Foundations of Magic, #1)
  • A Thread of Deepest Black
  • To Hate and To Hold  (Anaboris Clan, #1)
  • Undesirable
  • Dark Geist
  • Hajiri's Pet (Midnight Rain #1)
  • The Darkening
  • Adel's Purr (Elements of Love, #1)
Free stories are posted to my author journal: http://id-locke.dreamwidth.org/

Personal site and fan fiction are at http://2metaldog.livejournal.com/
More about I.D. Locke

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • Beneath the Shine
  • The Stepford Wives
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
  • The Man of Legends
  • All the Breaking Waves
  • Fellside
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Muirwood: The Lost Abbey: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $0.99
  • 2061: Odyssey Three (Space Odyssey, #3)
  • Alas, Babylon
    $9.74 $1.99
  • 3001: The Final Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dreams and Shadows (Dreams & Shadows, #1)
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Touch
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • An Unwelcome Quest
  • EARTHCORE
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Luna: New Moon
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Plague of Giants (Seven Kennings, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
  • Star Wars: Thrawn
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Zoo City
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unmasked (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dwarves (The Dwarves, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Unbroken Line of the Moon (Sagan om Valhalla #4; Valhalla #1)
  • Blackfish City
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • Some Fine Day
  • Random Acts of Senseless Violence
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1)
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wormhole (The Rho Agenda, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Amid Stars and Darkness (The Xenith Trilogy #1)
  • The Last Adventure of Constance Verity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Traveler (Fourth Realm, #1)
  • Ancestor
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
“Haskell to Quinlin

You need anything, Quin, absolutely anything, you call me and I'll be there. Remember, friends help you move. Good friends help you move a body. Best friends bring their own shovel. You say the word, and I'll be there with a spanking new shovel. Or holy water and an exorcism ritual. Whatever works.”
22 likes
“Remember, friends help you move. Good friends help you move a body. Best friends bring their own shovel...” 8 likes