Start by marking “The Hero of Ages (Mistborn, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Hero of Ages (Mistborn, #3)

The Hero of Ages

(The Mistborn Saga #3)

4.48  ·  Rating details ·  294,399 ratings  ·  17,910 reviews
Tricked into releasing the evil spirit Ruin while attempting to close the Well of Ascension, new emperor Elend Venture and his wife, the assassin Vin, are now hard-pressed to save the world.
Published April 1st 2010 by Tor Books (first published October 14th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Hero of Ages, please sign up.
David This book resolves EVERYTHING. It is the poster child of resolution. Everything changes, everything (even tiny insignificant details from book 1) play…moreThis book resolves EVERYTHING. It is the poster child of resolution. Everything changes, everything (even tiny insignificant details from book 1) plays a part in shaping what becomes of the world. Read it. Read it now. (less)
This question contains spoilers... (view spoiler)
Luke Casey Read The Alloy of Law

·  294,399 ratings  ·  17,910 reviews

Start your review of The Hero of Ages (Mistborn, #3)
Petrik
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: epic/high fantasy fans
This is not a review. This is a story, a story about a man who opened the first pages of Mistborn: The Final Empire.

Back in August 2016, there was a man who lived in emptiness. He was probably clinically depressed, but he would never know; he didn’t get himself checked. His heart didn’t ache, his smile was freely given, but he was never happy; he felt empty every day. Damages were added when he realized his hobbies didn’t interest him that much anymore, which resulted in reluctant social interac
Benjamin Duffy
Sep 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
As I finish this trilogy, I feel like addressing this book on two levels: first, on its own strengths and weaknesses as a novel; and second, as the capstone of the series and as an exposition of the Mistborn world and mythology. I’ll start with the latter of the two.

The overwhelming impression I get from the Mistborn books is that they have been written by someone who is a fantasy fan first, a fantasy author second. A pedantic geek, if you will. And I mean all of this as the highest praise – San
Regan
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I CANT FORM WORDS
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Re-read on Audio

Well, that ending . . . I cried =(

I finally got to find out all of the mysteries behind the mysteries in the book.

I loved how Spook's character grew so much in this book, although some of it wasn't from a good place. But sometimes you have to go to a bad place to get to the good place. I fell in love with his character a lot in this book.

I got to find out more about TenSoon and the Kandra. I loved learning about that, although I wanted to vaporize some of them. TenSoon won my h
Samantha
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites-2016
This was the most perfect series finale I can remember reading... I cannot... I just........ A review will be on my channel when I can form words.
Vibur (semi-hiatus)
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
no mistborn spoilers but

i am a changed person
Bentley ★ Bookbastion.net
See this review and more like it on www.bookbastion.net!
________

I've been avoiding writing this review for a week or so now, both because I know it's going to be difficult to write, and difficult to share what I recognize is an unpopular opinion.

We all can agree that Brandon Sanderson is magic. I can't even bring myself to finish one work in progress, yet he's constantly in the middle of multiple projects at the same time and is slowly building a greater shared universe for his novels that will
Warda
Not that I’m an expert here but no one writes fantasy like Brandon Sanderson does.

The Hero of Ages was so worthy of the title.
The ending was heavenly.

It’ll always remain my favourite trilogy.

1st read: Nov 2014
2nd read: April 2015
3rd read: April/May 2016
4th read: November 2017
5th read: September 2020
Erica (storybookend)
Jul 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone with a brain. Everyone who can read. Did I make myself clear? EVERYONE
This ‘review’ is not a review of the book, but more of my emotional journey through reading it and upon finishing. For those of you who have read the Mistborn trilogy, I think you can empathize with what I felt. For those of you who haven’t, I ask that you do yourself a favor, and feast upon these books. For they are truly the most amazing books I’ve ever read.

Before the end, I was going to write an absolutely glowing review full of caps lock and exclamations points and gifs and pictures and my
Muhtasin Oyshik
The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson

What an excellent read!! In this story, the plot was so intricate that it was difficult to guess. Before that, Sanderson weaved a complex world with a unique magic system. And the character development was so well in the whole series. The ending has such bittersweet, emotional moments that I couldn't hold back my tears. It's a perfect conclusion to a trilogy.
Lately, I feel like my life is a book written in a language I don't know how to read.

Epic.
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
"I am, unfortunately, the Hero of Ages."

Books like this are the reason I am so harsh on shitty books, is all i have to say right now

Review to come.

Tweebs♥️
*Grabs mic*

*Clears throat and begins to scream*

FUCK YOU

FUCK ME

FUCK THIS

FUCK THAT

FUCK EVERYTHING

I SALUTE YOU, BRANDON SANDERSON!!

I'm just going to go kindly check myself into the hospital. I suffered multiple cardiac arrests over these endless plot twists. Sanderson has ZERO mercy.

Let me repeat that:

ZERO

MOTHERFUCKING

MERCY.

*Drops Mic*
April
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a heart wrenching, but beautiful ending to this fantastic series.😭
Adina
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-sf
The Hero of Ages is undeniably a satisfying ending to the Mistborn series which answered all my questions and more. I was left with a bitter sweet feeling after I swiped to the last page but satisfied that it could not have ended any other way. I loved the first volume, the 2nd was a decent transition to this big boy which almost was as excellent as the first.

I expected most of the plot twists so I wasn’t mind blown like other readers but, in the same time, I was awed by Sanderson’s imagination
Sean Barrs
Jul 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think Sanderson is a really impressive author of the fantasy genre. It must be incredibly hard to insert originality into books of this type; so much has been done before and then done again. With Sanderson it feels like I’m reading something completely new and completely exciting. His books and his characters are, simply put, cool. He just knows what his readership wants to see, and he gives it to them. The action scenes have an almost cinematic quality too them; they remind me of the combat ...more
♛ may
📂 files
└📁 rare
└📁 very rare
└📁 vin and elend finding true love and happiness and being content and seeing the world restored and beautiful and getting more dances and balls and being cute and sassing each other

guys. . . i think sanderson broke me

5 stars!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

brandon sanderson is an evil man who creates the most intricate and detailed worlds and gives me the most precious and perfect characters and then he ruins me with his fricken plot twists

so, basically im here for p
Maureen
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cry but I'm also so happy. WHAT AN ENDING. I've never been so happy to be so sad. ...more
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
I love how everything tied in at the end - I'm usually good at guessing everything but I kept being shocked by this book. The characters' growth was enjoyable to watch, the magic system and the world building became more and more complex which I adored!

I didn't 100% love the ending but I still loved this book.

I can't wait to continue with the next ones!
Anne
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The downside of these books (for me) is all the detailed battle scenes. Every move - every swing, dodge, & feint - are all written down and played out in front of your (imagination's) eyes like a choreographed dance.
Which, for some people will put them right in the middle of the action and add to the overall immersive feeling of the story.
For me? It got to be a bit much.

description

However, I'm only mentioning it so that other readers like myself can go into this forewarned. It's not too much in the genera
Matthew
Jun 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, library, fantasy, 2020
Oh no, my Sanderson/Cosmere/Mistborn friends are probably not going to be very happy with me.

I liked this trilogy of books okay. I didn’t LOVE them . . . just liked. The third book was probably the best for me (3.5 to 4 stars). I have to say that I liked Elantris much better and that does not seem to be a common opinion among fans of this series.

The biggest thing for me is that Sanderson is world building on 12 shots of espresso. I do like world building overall, but with Sanderson, keeping up w
Merphy Napier
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, five-stars
This. Was. Incredible.

If you're looking for a wrap up to a series that is REAL and not convenient or easy, PICK THIS UP!!!!

I loved this so much.
✨ A ✨
I am The Crier of Ages. Yes, you read that right. I cried through so many parts of this book because it suddenly dawned on me that I'd have to say goodbye to these beloved characters. Reading this series was one of the best decisions I've made and I'm glad my friends (you know who you are) convinced me to give these books a try.

“There has to be a balance, Vin,” he said. “Somehow, we’ll find it. The balance between whom we wish to be and whom we need to be.” He sighed. “But for now,” he said,
Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~
So this was BY FAR my favorite installment in the first Mistborn trilogy.

I cannot even begin to sum up how great this was. LIKE DAMN.

I've mentioned before how much I appreciate Sanderson's heavy inclusion of religion and religious characters in his work. He somehow is able to ask those big questions, taking his characters through hell and back, without making the reader feel at all criticized or alienated.

The character developments in this one (especially for my precious Spook) were just be
R.K. Gold
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I am going to break this review down into three categories. Characters, plot, and writing style.

As usual, my review will contain some spoilers. The only spoiler-free part of this review will be the short overall paragraph below this.

Overall I thought this was an enjoyable end to a unique trilogy. It tied all the loose ends and connected twists back to the original book making me at the very least feel everything I read was important.

Spoilers begin now

Characters:

There are way too many characte
Hasham Rasool
I have a little time to read this book because of Ramadan.

The Hero of Ages genres are fantasy and sci-fi.

This book has focused on the characters of Vin and Elend.

'The Hero of Ages' was a lot quicker. I love this book so much Alhamdulillah!

This is the best trilogy! I have ever read Alhamdulillah!

Oh, wow you have changed, Spook my dear man!

I love the conclusion of the 'Mistborn' trilogy so much Alhamdulillah. It is very sad. I cry a lot in the end of this book.

The end of this book are happy and s
Holly (Holly Hearts Books)
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I’m so happy I can now say I’ve finished the Mistborn series (era 1)
This was incredible though I will admit, the middle dragged just slightly for me BUT STILL AMAZING.
Robin (Bridge Four)
Re-reading because:

1 - It is Brandon Sanderson and he is always better the second time through
2 - Shadows of Self comes out next month
3 - I just can't fight this feeling anymore

Buddy Read of the Mistborn series with some friends at Sanctum of Fantasy and it was worth it. A well thought out trilogy that ended as strong as it began.

I forgot to mention Spook in my original review but his role in this was key. He has grown up so much from the boy he was in Mistborn and has come to the forefront of
Deborah Obida
Buddy read with TESSY

I just discovered my new favourite series, The originality of this series is astounding, I already miss this world and the character, its like nothing I’ve ever read before, Allomancy,Feruchemy and Hemalurgy the new forms of magical powers where you can control metals by either consuming them, storing strengths in metals amongst other stuff. If you have not read this series I suggest you pick it up ASAP.

This book made me cry more than anything I’ve ever read in all my
Marzuqa
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve never been more sad over finishing a series. These characters had become everything! This series felt like nothing but a guide to do fantasy right. Will always remain among few of the books close to my heart 💕
Ginger
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-read, 2017
I don't even have words to describe the last book in this series.

I finished last night and I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything that happened in this last book. To be completely honest, my heart is a bit broke as well. Bloody hell!

This book and series is one of the best fantasy series that I’ve read.

Kudos Brandon Sanderson! I bow down to your world building, your amazing magical system and for breaking my heart!

• The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
  • The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #2)
  • Before They Are Hanged (The First Law, #2)
  • The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1)
  • Last Argument of Kings (The First Law, #3)
  • The Great Hunt (The Wheel of Time, #2)
  • The Eye of the World (The Wheel of Time, #1)
  • Breach of Peace (The Lawful Times, #0.1)
  • The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
  • The Dragon Reborn (The Wheel of Time, #3)
  • The Shadow Rising (The Wheel of Time, #4)
  • Red Seas Under Red Skies (Gentleman Bastard, #2)
  • Assassin's Apprentice (Farseer Trilogy, #1)
  • The Black Prism (Lightbringer, #1)
  • Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1)
  • The Fires of Heaven (The Wheel of Time, #5)
  • The Republic of Thieves (Gentleman Bastard, #3)
  • Royal Assassin (Farseer Trilogy, #2)
See top shelves…
Brandon’s major books for the second half of 2016 are The Dark Talent, the final volume in Alcatraz Smedry’s autobiographical account of his battle against the Evil Librarians who secretly rule our world, and Arcanum Unbounded, the collection of short fiction in the Cosmere universe that includes the Mistborn series and the Stormlight
Archive, among others. This collection features The Emperor’s S

The Mistborn Saga (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Mistborn: The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1)
  • The Well of Ascension (Mistborn, #2)
  • The Alloy of Law (Mistborn, #4)
  • Shadows of Self (Mistborn, #5)
  • The Bands of Mourning (Mistborn, #6)
  • The Lost Metal (Mistborn, #7)
  • Untitled (Mistborn, #8)
  • Untitled (Mistborn, #9)
  • Untitled (Mistborn, #10)
  • Arcanum Unbounded: The Cosmere Collection