Start by marking “Soul Eater (Chronicles Of Ancient Darkness #3)” as Want to Read:
Soul Eater (Chronicles Of Ancient Darkness #3)

Soul Eater (Chronicles of Ancient Darkness #3)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  8,810 Ratings  ·  266 Reviews
It's winter, and Wolf, Torak's beloved pack-brother, has been captured by an unknown foe. In a desperate bid to rescue him, Torak and Renn must brave the frozen wilderness of the Far North.

As they battle for survival amid howling blizzards and the ever-present menace of the great white bear, their friendship is tested to the breaking point, and Torak is forced to get clos
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published January 1st 2007 by Recorded Books (first published December 31st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Soul Eater, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soul Eater

Connor
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love how much research Michelle did in order to do this series well. I feel like I'm learning at the same time as being really entertained. Looking forward to seeing what unfolds in the next three books!
Michael Finocchiaro
The third installment of Michelle Paver's series about Torak and Wolf is the most haunting yet. Wolf has been kidnapped and Torak heads to the Far North to save him - against Finn-Kedinn's advice and puts himself and all the clans in danger. What secret does he hold?
More extraordinary writing and fantasy!
Chanelle
I read this one so quickly that I didn’t even have time to put it on my currently reading list before I began Outcast.

The first thing I have to say is Michelle Paver (so far) seems to be naming her books very precisely. It’s simple yet very apt plus it mimics the subtle intensity of the action and the prose in this book. Another very subtle event is the developing relationship between Torak and Renn as they try to navigate their growing friendship.

Renn’s characterization is so cool. She's beco
Pauline
"Soul Eater" is the third book in "Chronicles of Ancient Darkness", but there will be six books in all.

The story continues to follow Renn and Torak in their pursuit of the Soul Eaters, who have captured wolf; Torak's canine companion and ‘pack brother’. Wolf is to be used in a series of sacrifices to protect the Soul Eaters from the demons they are to unleash into the world.

Torak and Renn pursue the Soul Eaters and try to prevent the evil they wish to release. Torak is a spirit walker and is abl
Maythavee
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I knew Michelle Paver wouldn’t let me down. Soul Eater was a fantastic book! My favourite book in the series so far!

I love the characters even more as the series goes on. Paver knew what she was doing and she does it well. I seriously feel bad for Torak. Bad things just keep happening to him. Why can’t he be at peace just for a little longer? Wolf being kidnapped is one of the worst things that could have happened to him. I love his dedication to find Wolf but it also blinded him which caused h
Iman
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was even better than the second one, which was even better than the first one, which was amazing. It's intense from the very beginning to the very end (cliffhanger, anyone?) and it never takes a break. I hadn't been this thrilled by a book series since Harry Potter and I welcome the feeling back with open arms.
Erwin Adriansyah
Apr 28, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
*Pertama kali dipost di thread Pembahasan Berbagai Novel di forum Role Playing Cyber Novel Video Games Indonesia tanggal 30 April 2008*

Sinopsis

Sejak petualangan dalan kisah Wolf Brother dan terror dalam Spirit Walker, persahabatan antara Torak dan Serigala kian erat.

Saat berburu di musim dingin, Serigala diculik. Demi menyelamatkan saudara sekawannya, Torak dan Renn mengejar hingga ke Utara Jauh, daerah di mana salju tidak pernah mencair. Di sana, para Pemangsa Arwah telah merencanakan tindakan
Lala
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"We keep our dead with us till spring, said Akoomik, to save them from the foxes. And to stop them feeling left out, Tanugeak added comfortably. They like chatting just as much as we do. When you see a star travelling very fast, that's one of them setting off to visit their friends."

Fantastic! Paver is brilliant with words, she takes us into Torak's world again and keeps us hooked with every detail and description. Torak and Renn set off on yet another journey only this time they take on the fri
Asriani
Jul 25, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Setelah melewati petualangan yang nayris merenggutnya nyawanya di wilayah kekuasaan Klan Anjing Laut, Torak dan Serigala kembali ke Klan Gagak dengan banyak hal baru. Mengetahui kebenaran memang terkadang seperti menelan pil pahit. Awalnya tak mudah bagi Torak untuk mempercayai semua hal yang dibenarkan oleh Fin- Keddin, pemimpin Klan Gagak, namun ia akhirnya sadar bawa tak mungkin menghindar. Garis nasibnya telah ditentukan. Walau hal itu berarti berhadapan dengan sekumpulan Pemangsa Arwah.

Tak
Anna
'Soul Eater' takes us to the Far North as Torak and Renn venture to save Wolf. They go where not many people dare to enter, and therefore our heroes are alone for most of the book. However, it didn't tire me out. This also means that there's only Torak, Renn and Wolf to stand against Soul Eaters and a whole horde of demons. Their outstanding courage really astounded me. We got to see Torak spirit walk deliberately, and the process is not as harmless and pleasant as I thought it to be. And the fa ...more
  • The Shamer's War (The Shamer Chronicles, #4)
  • Fantasy Fiesta 2011: Antologi Cerita Fantasi Terbaik 2011
  • Dragon Moon (Dragon Keeper, #3)
  • Star Dancer (Star Dancer Quartet #1)
  • The Seeing Stone (Arthur Trilogy, #1)
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 15 (Soul Eater, #15)
  • Urchin and the Heartstone (The Mistmantle Chronicles, #2)
  • The Sphere of Secrets (The Oracle Prophecies, #2)
  • Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit (Moribito, #1)
  • Laura und der Fluch der Drachenkönige (Laura, #4)
  • The Edge Chronicles 9: Freeglader: Third Book of Rook
  • Prince of Pirates (Sebastian Darke, #2)
  • ひかりのまち
  • +Anima 10 (+Anima, #10)
  • Ironhand (Stoneheart Trilogy, #2)
  • Endymion Spring
  • Nightrise (The Gatekeepers, #3)
  • City of Stars (Stravaganza, #2)
119755
Michelle Paver was born in Central Africa, but came to England as a child. After gaining a degree in Biochemistry from Oxford University, she became a partner in a City law firm, but eventually gave that up to write full-time.

The hugely successful Chronicles of Ancient Darkness series arose from Michelle's lifelong passion for animals, anthropology and the distant past - as as well as an encounter
More about Michelle Paver...

Chronicles of Ancient Darkness (6 books)
  • Wolf Brother (Chronicles of Ancient Darkness, #1)
  • Spirit Walker (Chronicles of Ancient Darkness #2)
  • Outcast (Chronicles of Ancient Darkness, #4)
  • Oath Breaker (Chronicles of Ancient Darkness, #5)
  • Ghost Hunter (Chronicles of Ancient Darkness, #6)
“Have you forgotten," she said in a furious whisper, "that he nearly killed us? That he threw my quiver in the stream, and threatened to snap my bow?"
It was unclear which she considered worse: threatening them or her bow.”
9 likes