Start by marking “More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts” as Want to Read:
More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts

More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts

ABRAMS PUBLISHING-Last-Minute Knitted Gifts features 30 fun, fresh, and beautiful patterns, most of which can be made in less than ten hours! Today's knitters are chic, smart, and busy. They love to knit and enjoy making gifts but are constantly faced with the challenge of finding enough time to actually finish what they have started. This book will help solve that ...more
Published September 1st 2010 by Harry N. Abrams

To ask other readers questions about More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts

Start your review of More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts
L
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
Hoverson's book is filled with cute knitting projects that are great gifts. However, the lack of pictures (except for finished products) might make this book a difficult one for beginning knitters. The suggestions on incorporating yarn into the gift wrapping was brilliant and a great use for leftover yarn.
Jeannette
Mar 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting
My first knitting book! I love it!!!!
Ronni
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: knit
I found this book because I saw a Raveley project made from it. I made my kid a sweater dress by adapting the cozy comfy pullover pattern. No groundbreaking patterns but lot of cool projects that I would actually make. The patterns are a bit old school in that they don't provide all the details or finishing tips that can make or break a project, but if you are confident or experienced they are adequate.
Lori Gautier
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book has neat little projects and some great ideas for personalizing and wrapping your handmade gifts. Basic knitting instructions are not included, so you do need to know the basics already. A list of the abbreviations and some special techniques is included at the end. Illustrations of the special techniques would be helpful, which is pretty much the reason this book gets a 4 instead of a 5 from me. I am loathe to return this book to the library, and will probably buy a copy for myself.
Nov 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: crafting
love the concept of this book - patterns organized by time it takes to complete - great if you just realized you have a baby shower or other event and you want to knit something. some great simple patterns too.
Cat {Wild Night In}
The patterns in here were lovely. I would have appreciated a couple more pictures of the finished items, but that's just me being me. I've noted down 2 patterns that I *need* to make. Can't wait to get started!
Anita
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafting
A really sweet book for nice looking quick knits. The projects look nice but aren't complex.
Darla
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: yarn
Making baby socks from pattern in book. Will probably buy book at some point
Thomasin
4.5 stars. I plan to buy a copy—would be great to have on hand so I could whip up some short projects. Will check into the author’s original version too.
Veronica Smyth
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Patterns were simple at first then moved into more complexity. They really weren't my kind of style.
Apryl Anderson
Feb 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
The more I explore this book, the more I like it. The patterns are so simple. In fact, I’ve probably seen them before in other manifestations. Yet the way that Hoverson arranges them in chapters from least to more time required already stands ahead for ease of use. What’s the quickest thing I can knit up? Find it in “Less-than-2-Hour-Gifts.” Or do I prefer to spend more time in practicing a certain technique? Then 2-4, 4-6, 6-8, and More-Than-8-Hour Gifts probably has something I’m looking for. ...more
Brandie
I love nothing more than to knit people gifts, so when I was given a chance to review More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson, I jumped at the chance!

The book has been out for awhile, but I hadn't yet had a chance to look it over. I've read Last-Minute Knitted Gifts (also by Hoverson) and knit from it, so I figured it was a good chance I'd like the More book as well, and I was right!

I loved so many of the projects in this book that I really think I could make most of them. Of course,
So, I Read This Book Today
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great "I finished it!" book Yes. I admit it. I am addicted to color. Color everywhere – in my home, in my arts, in my knitting. I am a total and complete addict. And you know what? I have NO intention to 12-step it away!
And then, of course, there is design. Fibers, textures, unusual lines. All these things are important to me. And there a boat-ton of patterns I have in my stash that make full use of all of these lovelies. But you know what? I would have to live to be 500 to make all these things
Anastacia
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting, 2015
This is a nice addition to your knitted books library. There's a variety of projects & skill levels, though the 2 hours or less category was my least favorite and a little lacking in originality (this is very hard to do, admittedly! Coming up with something to knit in that amount of time is not easy. Personally, I would have preferred more original patterns with maybe a five hours or less time frame). The projects in the last chapter I definitely wouldn't consider last minute gifts, and ...more
Caroline Mersey
The lovely people at NetGalley let me have a review copy of More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson, even though it was published back in 2011 and is now quite an old book.

The premise behind this book is a simple one – a range of simple projects that can be knitted quickly to provide small gifts for others. Accordingly, they’re arranged by time-to-knit rather than by project type.

There’s a good range of patterns for all the family and for the home. Everything from mug cosies, to simple
Brandy
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A delightful collection of had made gifts you will want to make for yourself and everyone else. This is a rare collection of projects that I actually could see myself not just making but also giving and having that gift appreciated. Often these collections contain just a handful of projects that I would want to receive or could see a recipient enjoying. This book is packed with projects for friends and loved one of all ages (baby socks, button bracelets through zip up vest) and both genders ...more
Denise
Mar 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: knitting, netgalley
I received an Reviewer's Copy of this book on NetGalley.

A nice addition to the "quick knits" canon, with the majority of the patterns being predictable simple-knits fair, like hats, scarves, baby booties, etc., but there are a few stand-out new ideas, like the chunky-yarn baskets, and the stuffed house-shaped pillow, that make the book worth taking a look at.

A few of the patterns are "classic" quick gift ideas, like the ribbed beanie and baby cardigan, but some of the patterns seemed like
Elizabeth Grieve
Apr 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was fortunate enough to receive a review copy of this book, and it is rather lovely. It has a wide range of projects, from bookmarks to delicate cardigans and blankets, and there is something to appeal to all knitters. The photographs are beautiful, showing each item in more than one colour or type of yarn, and there is are clear instructions for each project. Also included are alphabet and number templates (so items may be personalised), and tips on giftwrapping and presenting knitted items.

Skoo
Jan 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
I got his book into the house and before to long had passed I cast on my first project. The hat on the front cover. It takes me a bit longer to knit, but I don't really know what I'm doing, and I'm slow. However, since then I've knit several of these hats as gifts. Next I'm going to try the handwarmers. I'm for sure going to try the soft as clouds cowl. I just love the look of lace, even though it's such a struggle to knit. It can be worth it though. The book has several other projects I'd like ...more
BBMoreB ~
Aug 10, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
My favorite pattern is the Very Pretty Lace Scarf - made with a one hank of Cascade Yarns Kid Seta Noir that I received in trade. This scarf knitted up beautifully; I added 1-inch fringes to dress it up.

The only other project that inspired this picky-knitter was the Soft Baskets. However, after starting on both the small, then the Large, I decided it was not the pattern I preferred.

While not a huge source of inspiration for this knitter...it does have lots of projects - maybe you can discover
Ginny B
Jul 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
The adorable hat on the cover of this book is what first drew me to it and caused me to agree to review it when offered the chance. Fortunately there are several other patterns included that make it well worth the purchase. Among them is an adorable huggable house, an easy baby cardigan, some beautiful fingerless gloves and scarves.

The patterns are broken down based upon the amount of time needed to complete them. The shorter the time the more simple the pattern. To be honest, the less time,
Donna Maguire
I received a copy of this book from the publishers via NetGalley in exchange for a review and I was not disappointed, there are some lovely ideas in here. I love to knit and was was thrilled to be given an opportunity to check this book out. I am what you would call an intermediate knitter and there were so many ideas and projects in the book I could do it was great, its nice that its not mainly focused on those with more advanced skills and had things for all skill sets. It has easy to follow ...more
Conny
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was given a Reviewer's copy of this book from NetGalley and I found it to be a charming and a beautiful book to look at. As for the projects, there is something for everybody, though I would have to say that maybe only some of the simpler gift idea's would work for beginners, it is definitely more geared for the intermittent knitter. I love to give handmade presents and so I am always looking for new idea's and I have found quiet a few that I like from this book, it has good instructions and I ...more
Lindsay
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
**I received a free digital copy of this book from NetGalley in return for an honest review.**

The accompanying pictures in this book are absolutely gorgeous. This is a gorgeous book! Alright the visual stuff is out of the way lets get to the nitty gritty. I found the patterns relatively easy to follow. I loved the ideas on wrapping the gifts at the end. I also loved the range of projects. I really liked the break down of time restraint projects. There are projects for every gift giving need.
Ingrid
Sep 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is beautifully arranged and each project is photographed thoughtfully, with radiant light capturing each item in such a way that makes me want to knit all the projects here. While the idea of sorting the projects by how many hours it will take to create it is a fun concept, I question the accuracy of the time estimate for each project. The Easy Baby Cardigan is listed under 4 - 6 hour Gifts. Keep in mind this is for the smallest size, 0-3 months. Larger size will take longer to ...more
Polly
Sep 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting, to-craft
Another visually stunning book which is part of the Purl Soho brand. I absolutely have to knit the nesting square blanket. And the entrelac blanket. Oh, and the basket.
Bunny
Jan 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: knitting, read-in-15
There's something odd about the way the patterns are written in this book. The repeats, specifically on the larger wear items, like cardigans and sweaters. It makes the lines longer, and it isn't the best for following along.

Other than that, the collection of patterns is wonderful here. A good variety of different items, different techniques. And they're not all for DPN worshippers, which is a welcome change.

A good little read.
Meredith
Aug 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
These patterns aren't just quick gifts, they're also great projects for expanding the horizons of an inexperienced knitter. Even the patterns that called for "four double-pointed needles" looked doable. The designs were almost all appealing--minimalist with enough unique/quirky to keep things interesting, and lots of room for personalization.
Syrena
Oct 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting
I made a cute knitted basket from this book. Loved the unique ideas and how the projects are broken down by project hours to completion! Would put a few more projects on my to do list, including the reusable coffee cup sleeve, big lace scarf, Hollywood scarf & spiral seated cushions... super cute!
Lynne
Jan 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: craft
Gorgeous pictures and styling. I'm having a great time working through the projects in this book - I'm the world's worst knitter and I feel like the patterns are written simply enough so that even I can make them, and learn new tricks. I've already knitted three of the hats pictured on the cover. Watch out this christmas, nieces :)
« previous 1 3 next »

• Cast On, Bind Off: 54 Step-by-Step Methods
  • The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse
  • The Spender's Guide to Debt-Free Living: How a Spending Fast Helped Me Get from Broke to Badass in Record Time
  • Best Bear Ever!: A Little Year of Liz Climo
  • The New Yorker Book of Teacher Cartoons
  • Very Bad Poetry
  • Broetry Poetry for Dudes
  • Suture Self: A Book of Medical Cartoons by New Yorker Cartoonist Leo Cullum
  • I'm Just No Good at Rhyming: And Other Nonsense for Mischievous Kids and Immature Grown-Ups
  • The Messiah Virus
  • The Element: How Finding Your Passion Changes Everything
  • StoryBranding: Creating Stand-Out Brands Through The Power of Story
  • Keep Going: 10 Ways to Stay Creative in Good Times and Bad
  • Conscious: A Brief Guide to the Fundamental Mystery of the Mind
  • Come Tumbling Down (Wayward Children, #5)
  • We've Got the Whole World in Our Hands
  • The Knitter's Stash
  • City of Lies (Poison Wars, #1)