Start by marking “Welcome Home, Cowboy (Wed In The West, #4)” as Want to Read:
Welcome Home, Cowboy (Wed In The West, #4)

Welcome Home, Cowboy (Wed In The West #4)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  97 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
He'd never really had a place to call his own...

But the broken-down ranch in front of him was the closest he'd ever come. Now, pregnant widow Emma Manning was struggling to keep it, her children and herself going. She could use a hand. Well, that was all burned-out musician Cash Cochran could spare.

He'd never had a woman to call his own, either...

That was painfully obvious
Paperback, Silhouette Special Edition #2054, 218 pages
Published June 22nd 2010 by Silhouette Desire (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Welcome Home, Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Welcome Home, Cowboy

MBR
Welcome Home, Cowboy by Karen Templeton is a romance that has been making itself known in my trolling sessions for books to be added to my to-be-read mountain of books. What propelled me to stop everything I was doing and completely immerse myself in this book was the fact that this one seems to have got great reviews and of course being a RITA award winner of 2011 just sealed the deal for me.

Cash Cochran returns home to Tierra Rosa almost 20 years after he leaves home and his abusive father beh
Mary Lee
Jun 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Best book I've read this year. SOOOOOOOO awesome. I cried for the entire last three scenes! AMAZING.
Holly
Jul 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
Karen Templeton became an auto-buy author for me a couple years ago. Since I first read her (Sybil made me do it) I've glommed her backlist and picked up every new release she's put out. Some I enjoy more than others, but I know I'll always get a good, solid story with her.

I really liked how practical and plain spoken Emma was. She didn't mince words, or beat around the bush, she just told it exactly as it was. That was so refreshing.

Cash had a lot of issues from his past to deal with, and I l
Gail
Hero left town after a horrible childhood and became a Nashville music star. Heroine is his best friend's widow-except she met & married best friend after the hero left town, so they've never met. Hero's hit bottom, finding his way back up, and has come back to town to do the making amends thing, but it's hard, because the father who beat him bloody has left the old homestead to the best friend, who's now dead, leaving it to the widow. (Sound complicated? Kinda is--but it works.) Widow's str ...more
Ridley
I just can't work up enough of a reaction to this ok book to fill a review. Basically, a gray-eyed Woobie hero comes home to face his demons and is healed by the power of love and Good Honest Work on a farm run by a pregnant, red-headed widow. Plot moppets drift in and out of the narrative when cutesy matchmaking is necessary.

It bites off more than it can chew and so everything is handled rather facilely. When the hero comes back to the heroine at the end, I was thinking it was a good starting p
Saly
Didn't find the book incredibly romantic instead it was kind of a downer. Didn't enjoy it much. I guess too home and earthy type for me.
This reminded me why I don't read SSE much. I never felt there was much love between Cash and Emma, it was all he had such a twisted past and it was still affecting him and Emma and her problems with handling being a widow, kids etc

I appreciate books with issues, but not that many after all I read romance for fantasy and not realism, or it maybe just me and my m
Sheri
Oh, my gosh. I can't even express how much I liked this book. My grade: A+, It just won the RITA in the contemporary series category. I have not one criticism or disappointment. I loved Cash and Emma, loved their distinct and unusual voices, loved the humor, loved the soul wrenching Cash had to see his way through. Loved the setting, the secondary characters, the backstory situations that molded Cash and Em....I could go on and on. Anyone who doesn't read this book is just missing out on somethi ...more
Victoria Bylin
Jul 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This story is warm, funny and deadly serious. It's got everything, including an admirable heroine and a hero who's got a genuinely heartbreaking story to tell. Really enjoyed it!
Nancy
Emma, farmer & Cash, country singer/songwriter. Original for a Hqn series book.
Recently widowed, pregnant and with two kids, Granny Annie, goats, cats and dog Miss Emma has an overflowing plate of responsibilities. Plus she is a farmer with fruit trees, fields and a greenhouse.
The kids, Zoey and Hunter, are a great addition; I really enjoyed their take on Cash.
Lots of interesting twists and turns with a satisfying ending.
PS:And some special touches that make KT's books a cut above.
Lhenry
Apr 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Good story, some nice surprises throughout but it dragged a bit.
Susannah Carleton
Jun 24, 2015 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars. Love, kids, animals, and some emotional baggage, but a terrific happily ever after. Don't miss this terrific story.
Jaci Burton
Jul 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book. Karen Templeton's characters just suck you in and won't let go. Very easy to slide in and get comfortable with her characters and her plotlines. A wonderful read.
PWRL
Jun 15, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
O
Shannon Stacey
Jun 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful, rich, emotional romance that manages to make your heart ache and uplift you at the same time. Maybe her best to date.
Lola
Dec 25, 2015
Kymberlee
Sep 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • One Good Reason (Adamson Brothers, #2)
  • Man Trouble
  • Christmas with Her Boss
  • Don't Look Back
  • When One Night Isn't Enough (Madrin Memorial Hospital, #1)
  • Icebound
  • A Not-So-Perfect Past
  • Cullen's Bride
  • The Sheriff's Daughter
  • What the Librarian Did
  • House of Glass
  • A Just Deception (Private Protectors, #3)
  • The Best Man
  • Going the Distance
  • Beautiful Bad Man (Sutton Family, #1)
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • Picture Perfect Wedding (Wedding Fever, #2)
  • Special Gifts
As the mother of five sons, now grown, Karen loves to write about real people dealing with the drama (and humor) of everyday life. Over the past fifteen years, Karen has written nearly 50 books for Harlequin/Silhouette and Red Dress Ink, and three of her Special Edition titles (A Mother's Wish (2009) Welcome Home, Cowboy (2011) and A Gift for All Seasons (2013) have won the RITA award, the romance ...more
More about Karen Templeton

Wed In The West (10 books)
  • A Mother's Wish (Wed In The West, #1)
  • Reining in the Rancher (Wed in the West, #2)
  • A Marriage-Minded Man (Wed in the West, #3)
  • Adding Up to Marriage (Wed In The West, #5)
  • Husband Under Construction (Wed In The West, #6)
  • A Soldier's Promise