Start by marking “Singletini” as Want to Read:
Singletini

Singletini

3.37  ·  Rating details ·  491 Ratings  ·  59 Reviews
Sometimes Flying Solo Means You Just Have to Wing It

sin•gle•ti•ni: A curious type of female typically found living in urban settings; possessing an unusual, some would say deathly, fear of growing up and getting married.

Meet Victoria Hart. She’s sassy, sparkling, and taking the Chicago dating scene by storm as a professional “wingwoman”—a modern-day matchmaker hired to he
Published December 18th 2007 by Crown (first published May 23rd 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Singletini, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Singletini

Claudia
No. Just No.

Words can't explain how annoyed and horrible I felt when I read this book.

First off, we have the narrator of the book: Victoria Hart. And she is one of the most annoying characters I have ever read in my entire life. She thinks only about herself most of the time, and her reactions to some situations just make me wanna go, "WHAT THE FUCK?" For example: Vic is about to go to a very important interview her friend got for her. She steps out of the building, all confident and suddenly,
Krystal
Jun 09, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nobody
Shelves: chicklit
I'm kind of excited, the opening promises some situation humor, kinda the slapstick thing I'm into for some laughs, and the writing seems to be on point...
I got excited a little too early. The authors "talk" is babyish and a little off putting. I mean she can't just curse like a normal person, she says "shitty"...like upon her character first waking up..."oh, shitty, what have I done" or just taking a walk and realizing some forgotten thing, "shitty"...whats with the inability to curse like a no
Stinkydiver
The ending was predictable, (but what book like this isn't?). It was cute enough. I enjoyed the three wedding coordinator characters quite a bit. They added a different spin and made it more fun to read.
Evelyn [27th:could
This Book is quite entertaing. It is about a single woman who just got fired from her desk job and is now a wingwoman [a matchmaker] but keeps it a secret from her friends. And on top of having many gigs many nights, she has to deal with being the Personal Attendant to her friend, Gwynn, the bride-to-be.

Favorite part:
"I stagger over to the brunette, much more focused this time. Much more prepared. Well, as prepared as I can be after four or five appletinis. Um...or six?
I can do this. I can...
"
Eileen
May 13, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Jesus, what is this shit?

With the exception of Twilight, I have never read a contemporary novel written by a woman that was more insulting to women than this. It was like one of those horrible things you see and you just can't look away. Amanda Trimble's Singletini is the single most vapid work of fiction I have ever had the displeasure of reading. The main character, an alcoholic named Vic, is as shallow as a cheap plastic kiddie pool. The narration is first-person, and, I swear to God, every l
Simay Yildiz
Jun 14, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I do enjoy the Chick-Lit genre from time to time, especially in the summer when it's so hot that I feel like my eyes are evaporating. But this one was not a good choice.

The protagonist, Victoria Hart (who's also the narrator) is a 20-something woman living in the city, scared of growing up and getting married while her friends seem to do just that. I must admit that the whole wing woman thing was promising, but it didn't live up to its potential. Victoria sounds and acts way too immature, and re
Kathleen
This book was very entertaining and a quick read. I wouldn't exactly call it original, often times it reminded me of Shopaholic- the main character is kind of flighty, shops inappropriately and racks up a ridiculous credit card bill. It works out happily ever after for EVERYONE and I find that a little bit hard to believe. And I do have two problems with this book 1. she mentions singletini entirely too often, we get the point, its overkill. 2. What grown adult goes around saying "shitty" all th ...more
Sarah Zubarik
This book had many similarities to the Confessions of a Shopaholic book - bad shopping tendencies, procrastination, not focusing on self, etc. However, I did enjoy this book a bit more because the little lies the character makes in this book are less harmful than those in Confessions. It's still a happy-go-lucky book about a trendy girl in a big city. I would recommend it to anyone that is looking for a fun, easy read and wants to escape into the life of a "city girl" for a while. Plus the recip ...more
Susan
Sep 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: young single girls
Shelves: chic-lit
I loved this book. Probably because at the time I was single and it just seemed so perfict. Yeah ok its a typical Girl trying to find her way to a perfict job, guy, life type deal but I dont know. Something about it makes me laugh.

Perhaps it was the broccoli diet she goes on and gives her gas that made me laugh. I think thats what made me love it, the whole crash diet/ it giving her gas.

I like things that make me laugh. this book def did that for me
Tracy
Sep 06, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a funny 20 something book. It was an easy read and I finished it in 1 day. One of those what next for these girls book. Some could be guessed of what was going to happen but was still funny anyway. I'd recommend for those times when you just want a fun, no thought challenge kind of book.
Nicole
Jan 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG this book was so funny! I don't know how many times I laughed out loud so hard to where I had tears streaming down my face. Sure it has a predictable plot, ending, and characters but hey, the cover is pink so don't act like it is a shock that it's not a Pulitzer contender. If you have a day or two to spare and want a great quick read then grab this.
Danielle
Sep 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
found it hard to get into story but once i did was really good. the main character victoris is very similar to Sophie Kinsells's becky bloomwood from her shopaholic series. sometimes found victoria a bit irritating but meant well.

nice little read about growing up after college and facing the challenges life throws at you!
Mary Sindlinger
I am not sure if I can make it through this one either. It is again far removed from where I am and I keep thinking shut up already and get a clue. Ok, so I did finish it and when it got back to the present, it was laugh outloud funny.
Amy
Mar 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is hilarious, I absolutely loved this book. You feel like you know the characters personally and that makes the book special. Lots of raunchy, sexual humor along with mother-daughter, friendship and boyfriend troubles that will be sure to keep you laughing!
Tonya
Feb 11, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Holy annoying characters, Batman! I would have ditched them all if they were my friends. Although, there are some funny moments in this book, overall it was a waste of time. I did like that they included a dink recipe in the end.
Amanda
Feb 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious and very true to real life for anyone who's ever been left behind as, one by one, your friends get engaged and get married. Quick, easy read you will not want to put down. I loved it and will be reading anything else Amanda Trimble wrote!
Angie
Apr 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think it would so fun to be a wing woman. You get paid to help guys find dates and pretty much play match maker. I love the title Singletini i copied the recipe in the back just to know how to make a good singletini. Just a good hearted comedic book about what can happen in real life.
Meaghan
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the good: engaging frothy tale of a girl who loses her job, deals with a serious bridezille best friend and finds love and herself
the bad: could she possibly get drunk more? does she never learn her lesson? some of the zany mishhaps just seemed so farfetched. but they were funny...
Melliane
une histoire assez simple mais plaisante à suivre

Mon avis complet

My english review
Aug 13, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
A predictible plot and cliched characters made this book a less than exciting addition to the chick lit genre.

A quick and easy read. I skimmed the last 50 pages; I just didn't care enough about the characters.

I'm happy I borrowed it from the library instead of buying it.
Lisa
Apr 18, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
While I found this book to be entertaining, I spent most of the book feeling like Vic just needed to grow up! I do have to say that, if I was able to rate different parts of the book separately, I would give the ending 4 stars...those of you who know me would know why the second you read it=)
Monica
Apr 28, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sex in the city-esque, but Chicago style. The author was raised in Illinois so a lot of Chicago stuff. There is a major bride-zilla in this one. It was quick and cute. I wonder if this wing woman stuff is for real, it wouldn't be a bad gig. Something for the summer?
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, hilarious
I loved this book when I was a care free 21 year old... then I got involved with an A-hole dude for a bit... so I am going to remember that I "loved" this book and not re-read it.... hahahaha my opinion may change!
Megan Sanchez
an easy read for traveling
Julie
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Written by a dear friend of mine!
Jamie Mundy
American version of "Confessions of a Shopahloic", but not as good. Good summer time beach read.
Deborah Harless
Solid chick lit
Natalie Patryn
Jul 10, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone that loves sex and the city
This is sex and the city but based in chicago...it is a simple-minded fun read that involves fashion, men and our great city!
Monica
Mar 13, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fluffy. It was fun to read, especially as a Chicago native, but sometimes hard to tolerate the main character.
Gracia Revilla
  • Hysterical Blondeness
  • Everything Nice
  • Heartless
  • Confessions of an Air Hostess
  • The One That Got Away (Hen Night Prophecies #1)
  • Testing Kate
  • Wish Upon a Star
  • Blue Remembered Heels (Sepatu Biru Kenangan)
  • Dating Mr. December