Start by marking “Tiger and the Raven” as Want to Read:
Tiger and the Raven

Tiger and the Raven

A young sorcerer finds himself responsible for the safety of a kingdom and in possession of the prince's heart.

Book 1: The Discipline of the Warrior: Chapters 1-23 Status: Complete

Published 2009

Start your review of Tiger and the Raven
SueM
Mar 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
A true fantasy M/M romance story that builds slowly from the prologue through to its cliffhanger ending, as the two men slowly discover their roles in each other's life, and in the world around them.

Will, a young sorcerer freshly out of his apprenticeship, is called to aid the King's Army, led by Prince Kell, in the war against a neighboring kingdom. Will's clear head for strategy as well as his power, soon thrusts him into the Prince's company, where a mutual attraction begins to sm
Marianne Boutet
Jan 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, series
Be aware that this is not complete...aargh!
Seregil
May 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: free-fiction, mm
Planning to read it again after a the author starts updating more :)
J
Nov 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing story from this author. I really liked that the author ensured Will and Kell and their developing relationship remain central throughout, despite the battles, ever-present political intrigue, family and court drama, and the varied mix of other characters. The author created another perfect couple in Will and Kell. These two lead characters are appealing and engendered my loyalty and devotion. I easily found myself rooting for them, their love for each other and their romance (and ...more
Luisana06
Aug 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, magic
There are a few things that bothered me at the bigining such as :

-the reaction of the prince after only knowing Will for just 3 days to him being hurt was a bit exaggerate.
-and I would have preferred more internal thoughts, to understand the characters more, to know their personalities.
-and some of the reactions were a little forced.

But I did see a lot of improvements on this areas so in the end I gave it 4 stars. I liked the idea of the book and I do hope to read more p
Halldóra
Dec 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Awesomeness! :D
Xander
Sep 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Cant wait for the next book! Loved everything about it!
Nastassia
May 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait to read the next book.
Davina
May 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: online
ahhhhhhh its unfinished
Rosie
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
I tried to finish this story. I really, truly did. It's so sad because it has a huge amount of potential and a great storyline, but there were just a few things that niggled at me so badly that I couldn't go on.

1) The author could really used a beta, or at least someone to check over the story. A lot of the sentences were chunky and awkward, especially in the fight scenes - it made the action lag and become bogged down in needless words, instead of being sharp and precise and conveyi
Riley Aeryn
I know the blurb up top says this story is complete but there is just no way. If that is the entire story then. (...) Yeah. That's what the story's "ending" feels like. There is no way this is complete.

And while I'm on the subject, I have got to stop reading things that are not finished. Last updated October of 2012. Sad face. I like to read at my leisure, not yours.

It's fascinating, the premise, but the plot lags some. There were quite a few times where I found my attent
Aleixie
DNF

(I don't think it's possible to have a more stereotypical character. All their interactions read like they've been written by a child. They have no motivations to speak of, and in the rare case that they do, they're so juvenile and not at all parallel to the kind of personalities the author is pushing.)

I mean, the idea was there? I'm sure the plot was there? It was building towards something.

But, man, it's so boring to read about innately good characters. There's gotta
Frau Sorge (Yuki)
Beware - it's not finished.
I liked the pace of this story, well developed characters, even if their actions sometimes seemed a little bit naive.
3 solid stars.

Ah! Few more chapters of the second installment, called The Art of the Magician! Here
AkFa
Oct 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: reading
At this point - 422 pg - I'm ready to hit someone. Please, this is quite nice story DO NOT do this to me, don't make me hate MC's. I'm starting to loose interest. Will make me violent with his stupid, senseless refusal. Prince should kick him in the ass and send packing... :(
I will try to read some more but...
Jeff Davault
Jan 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
I did enjoy the story and the romance between the two main characters, and while I have no major complaints with the resolution, I do think it left too many issues unresolved, but that probably qualifies as personal opinion rather than serious criticism.
Nana
Jul 06, 2013 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF. Neither of the main characters appealed to me, but it is more to do with my personal tastes than anything else. I can definitely see someone else enjoying this book.
is mee... kissa
Sep 28, 2012 rated it liked it
3.5
Miriki
Love this! The characters are endearing. The plot is intriguing. Although book 1 is complete, the story is still ongoing. Can't wait for the author to update more. <3
Maya
Jun 18, 2017
Esmi
Jul 16, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Luck in the Shadows (Nightrunner, #1)
  • Consorting With Dragons
  • The Student Prince (The Student Prince, #1)
Mari was born and raised in Sweden, and currently lives with her two cats. She dreams of magic, faraway-lands, great adventures, and everlasting love. When not working (or dreaming) she tends to write, read, or draw, and grabs every chance she gets to take her Harley out for a spin.