Start by marking “The More I See You (de Piaget, #7; de Piaget/MacLeod, #6)” as Want to Read:
The More I See You (de Piaget, #7; de Piaget/MacLeod, #6)

The More I See You

(de Piaget #7)

A wish upon a star transports the luckless-in-love Jessica Blakely back in time to the thirteenth century. But her desire for a fair and gallant knight yields the fearsome Richard De Galtres. And it will take her tender touch--and stubborn will--to pierce his armor-clad heart...
Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages
Published October 1st 1999 by Berkley Publishing

Pamela
May 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, time-travel
Spoiler Alert!

This is the first book I've read by Lynn Kurland. I do enjoy romance novels especially when intertwined with time-travel. This is a cute love story of two people from two different worlds.

Jessica Blakely, travelling in England, wishes upon a star one night to meet her prince charming. She's then somehow transported to the year 1260 and meets up with Richard De Galtres, a knight who is feared by all. All except Jessica, who drives him nuts with her self-confidence and out-spoken tho
Debbie
Nov 28, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical, romance
The book is mainly set in the medieval period. The world-building in this book is excellent, and the characters are well-drawn. The pacing is good, and every scene serves a purpose. The focus is more on the romance than the history. The book will probably appeal most to women who have always wished to marry a knight in shining (or not so shining) armor. There are no explicit sex scenes, but the main characters do have sex after they're married. I'd rate this as "good, clean fun."
Susan (susayq ~)
Well, this one is going on my favorites shelf. Even though I thought it started off kind of slow, and I felt like it was taking forever, Lord Richard fixed that :) He was gruff and tough and such a teddy bear! He was a true romantic at heart and the way he showed his feelings for Jessica, and then, when he cried when he lost her and didn't care who saw him....won me over!

This is something I'll reread at some point in the future.
Lulu
5 stars!

I don't normally read time travel romance but since I'm all for the cold, brooding and grumpy type hero. I tried this one out. Boy, oh boy. I was not disappointed! I'm aware that this was a part of a series but can be read as a stand-alone. In fact, this was the first I've read from the series and now I'm committed to reading Lynn Kurland's other works. The writing was exquisite. The story was beautiful. The romance was superb! :)

"The more I see you," he said quietly, "the more I wan
Jane Stewart
Witty and enjoyable read.

I was chuckling out loud several times during this book at witty or unexpected conversations. I enjoyed the romantic story of the gruff never smiling man whose heart was slowly being warmed by a woman from the future. His natural reaction to women was that they were not equal to men and could not do things that men did. He was incredulous that she could not sew or cook. Then he was in awe of her archtectural abilities toward the design and building of his castle. I don't
Karra Iverson
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was the first Lynn Kurland book that I ever read. I had to immediately go out and find more treasures and share them with my family. These are the books I won't have a problem sharing with my daughter. I love that they are rated PG. I read somewhere that the author gets a lot of criticism because she keeps her books PG rated. Hmmmm... isn't it interesting that she is criticized for having standards.
I loved the character development. love changes us all. it has been a few years since I rea
Mia
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
THANK YOU SHIN (aka Bespectacledreader), FOR RECOMMENDING THIS FANTASTIC BOOK TO ME!

This was my first ever Historical Romance and it exceeded all expectations. I didn't think I'd like it. At all. Boy, am I glad to say I was wrong.

I'm just so happy with that ending! 500000 points for that. I'm dead tired right now because I've stayed up all night reading it - but oh well! Absolutely worth it!
Pamela(AllHoney)
The seventh book in the Lynn Kurland's De Piaget series. Twentieth century Jessica Blakely makes a wish on a star and ends up in the thirteenth century. There she encounters the knight of her desires, Richard de Galtres.

A fun and delightful trip via time travel to the 13th century.

Angela
Totally swoon-worthy! One of my favorites by this author so far.
The Window Seat
Jul 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Melissa
Jan 15, 2011 rated it liked it
Very fun to read when stressed over the holidays! The story of Jessica Blackley and Richard of Burwyck who is a foster son to Robin DePiaget and Kendrick's best friend. The bad guy was a little unbelievable tho? Not the best put together Kurland. It is silly and things are just too easy for this couple. But if you want a fun clean read that doesn't take too much effort this is your book.
Barbara
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sha Mslvoe
The characters were well developed and the storyline was great. As usual, I got totally swept up into this story.
Debby
Jessica Blakely is transported back to the 13th Century when she wishes for a knight in shining armor. She gets Richard de Gatres who has reluctantly inherited from his evil father who regularly abused him as a child. When Jessica is wounded by Richard's half crazed brother, they are betrothed, which is a good as married in that time period. When the king, without knowing of the betrothal, tries to match him up with an 8-year-old relative, Jessica finds herself in a pickle and returns to the 20t ...more
Erin
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was definitely in the need of a historical romance...and I absolutely adore the reaching family sagas where all the characters keep showing up each others books.

Neither Jessica or Richard were my favorite characters of all time...but their romance was anything but instant, and her determination to steal his horse was incredibly entertaining. Plus who doesn't love Hamlet, Warren, and Kendrick!

Ms. Kurland isn't the most gifted author I've ever read, but I did order a few more of her books on A
Lisa
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a classic example of be careful what you wish for. Lynn Kurland really knows how to write time travel novels. I will pick up hers anytime I see them (hence my duplicate copies). I have all of them. Having read them out of order, I suggest reading them in order if you can. The main characters wander in and out of most of the books. It is time travel after all. There is a certain order to them and you meet the characters and learn their back story, as the series develops. The series flows ...more
Beth
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I started to read this a few years ago but didn't finish for some reason. Now I am currently reading or rereading all the books in the series and decided to try this one again. I am so glad I did. I loved the characters and also enjoyed seeing how things fit in wih the diPiaget family. I feel like I am visitng with family and fiends when I read and reread these books.
Time travel may not be everyone's taste but I do love it. I know you must suspend belief I am not reading these for "factual" stor
V SB
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of the best time travel romance books I've ever read.. I love Jessica Blakely.. I love her mouth, her sassy replies and how she isn't one of those push over heroines.. She's the type of lady you would want to be friends with and would be a riot to hang with too.. I especially loved the part wherein our broody hero Richard De Galtres tells her to "stay" and she answers Arff! - that was a real laugh out loud moment for me... Loved it!!!!!
Reza Aleeya
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cheryl
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An excellent well written time travel romance story! Jessica Blakely meets Richard deGaltres from the past. Love is not a smooth road and you have family, friends and some twists to the main story which makes it very interesting! Add to the mystery, action, romance and humor and mix well for the awesome story you will read! Lynn Kurland writes and excellent series of books which I highly recommend!
rue
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
A 4.5 for me

The romance and the emotions were there, truly. You could definitely fall in love to both th H n h with who they were and how they fell for each other.
For those that are used to HR novels especialy of this period to have the love making scens, not even the absurd ones, dont expect so.
But just for the story itself, you'll love it
Brittany
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book despite it's flaws. The heroine has a tendency to act in a too stupid to live manner. The hero can't get over his jealousy. But when they are sweet to one another, it's a beautiful story. I likely would not read again.
Ess  Kay
Apr 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Jeanne
Dec 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Time travel to Medival times. Interesting perspective.
Courtney
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Full review here: https://courtneyreadsromancesite.word...
Ruth Ellen
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
The story of Jessica and Richard. Be careful what you wish for.
KDS
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun and sexy.
Rhonda Soukup
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was the very first Kurland book I read.
Johanna
Mar 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
The More I See You
(De Piaget Book #8)
by Lynn Kurland

Genre: Historical Romance | Time Travel

A wish upon a star transports the luckless-in-love Jessica Blakely back in time to the thirteenth century, but her desire for a fair and gallant knight yields the fearsome Richard de Galtres. Though wary of Jessica’s mysterious ways, Richard protectively harbors her in his castle by the sea. Though her stubborn will nearly drives him mad, the very sight of her puts a smile on a face that has known too few.
Ricki Treleaven
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In honor of Valentine's Day this week I re-read The More I See You by Lynn Kurland. Kurland is my very favorite romance writer because she is such a fantastic storyteller. Many critics claim that she out writes other romance writers by a mile, and I tend to agree. Plus, I like that her books are PG or PG-13: They leave plenty to the imagination! ;P

The More I See You is probably my very favorite of all of Lynn Kurland's books. In Kurland's world, a simple wish upon a star can transport you back i
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Christmas Cat (Includes: de Piaget, #4.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #2.5)
  • When There is Hope
  • Circles in Time
  • Touch of Enchantment (Lennox Family Magic, #2)
  • Frankly, My Dear (Creole Historical, #1)
  • Must Love Chainmail (Must Love, #2)
  • A Time for Love
  • Warrior of the Highlands (Highlands, #3)
  • Wings of the Storm
  • Enslaved
  • Highland Knight
  • Once a Pirate
  • Sixpence Bride
  • Tempting the Highlander (Highlander, #4)
Lynn began her writing career at the tender age of five with a series of illustrated novellas entitled Clinton’s Troubles in which the compelling hero found himself in all sorts of . . . well, trouble. She was living in Hawaii at the time and the scope for her imagination (poisoned fish, tropical cliffs, large spiders) was great and poor Clinton bore the brunt of it. After returning to the mainlan ...more

de Piaget (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Another Chance to Dream (de Piaget,  #1; de Piaget/MacLeod, #5)
  • If I Had You (de Piaget, #2; de Piaget/MacLeod, #7)
  • Dreams of Stardust (de Piaget, #3; de Piaget/MacLeod, #11)
  • When I Fall in Love (de Piaget, #4; MacLeod, #6; de Piaget/MacLeod, #13)
  • One Enchanted Evening (de Piaget, #5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #16)
  • This Is All I Ask (de Piaget, #6; de Piaget/MacLeod, #3)
  • From This Moment On (de Piaget, #8; de Piaget/MacLeod, #9)
  • Stardust of Yesterday (de Piaget, #9; de Paiget/MacLeod, #1)
  • Till There Was You (MacLeod, #8; De Piaget #10; de Piaget/MacLeod, #15)
  • One Magic Moment (de Piaget, #11; de Piaget/MacLeod, #17)
“I can’t tell you how nice it is to hear someone talking like the voices in my head,” Abigail said, linking arms with Jessica and heading toward the battlement door. “You’ll have to come visit—a lot. Miles will love it.” “Did you tell him about me?” “He guessed.” “He didn’t!” “Not much gets past the man.” 2 likes
“A man does not come at what is mine, harm it, and walk away unscathed.” 2 likes