Start by marking “De Brandende Brug (De Grijze Jager, #2)” as Want to Read:
De Brandende Brug (De Grijze Jager, #2)

De Brandende Brug (Ranger's Apprentice #2)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  82,013 Ratings  ·  2,477 Reviews
Terwijl het koninkrijk Araluen zich voorbereidt op de oorlog tegen Morgarath, gaan Will en Arnaut met de Grijze Jager Gilan op een missie naar Celtica. De dorpen in Celtica blijken uitgestorven te zijn. Alleen het uitgehongerde meisje Evanlyn kan hun vertellen waarom: Morgarath heeft zijn leger van Wargals gestuurd om de Kelten te onderwerpen.
Published October 2007 by Gottmer Uitgevers Groep (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about De Brandende Brug, please sign up.

Spencer P To keep the reader hooked on the series, and want to get more out of the book so the author doesn't have to make up some random idea that has nothing…moreTo keep the reader hooked on the series, and want to get more out of the book so the author doesn't have to make up some random idea that has nothing to do with the story line.(less)

Amreen
Dec 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
Me before reading The Burning Bridge: Oh my gosh I'm so excited to read this, ugh but I have other books to read but Im going to abandon those for this one because I miss Will's adventures.

Me immediately after reading The Burning Bridge: OH MY FUDGE GOSH WHAT? NO WTH THERE HAS TO BE MORE THERE HAS TO BE MORE AHHHHHHHHHHHH *scream that lasts for 10 minutes then slowly transfers into sobs* NO NO NO NO I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THIS IS THE END AHHHHHHHHHHHH IT CAN'T END LIKE THIS MACARONI NOT FAIR NOT F
Ahmad Sharabiani
The burning bridge (Ranger's Apprentice #2), John Flanagan
The Burning Bridge is the second book of the Ranger's Apprentice series written by Australian author John Flanagan. It was released in Australia on 5 May 2005. On a special mission for the Ranger Corps, Will, his friend Horace, and the Ranger Gilan travel to Celtica, a neighbouring country to Araluen. They discover that all the people have vanished. Will and Horace wonder if all the villagers have been slain or captured, but Gilan believ
Alicia O'Carrick
WE INTERRUPT YOUR LIFE TO GIVE YOU THE REPORT THAT THIS SERIES IS STILL AWESOME, AND ALSO TO SHOW YOU THIS CAT GIF.

description

WE NOW RETURN TO YOUR DAILY SCHEDULED SCROLLING. HAPPY TRAILS.
Amber Robertson
WARNING: THIS REVIEW IS SUPER RAMBLY AND PROBABLY NOT THAT GREAT

Burning Bridge is the second book in The Ranger's Apprentice series. It really picks up from where book one finishes, continuing to follow the story of the characters we were introduced to and following a few more.

Whereas the first book can be seen as boring for 80% of the book, The Burning Bridge has a lot more plot for the reader to immerse themselves in. When I first read this book in 2010 I remember not being able to put it dow
Valerie McNamee Earl
Really, if I could give 6 stars, this series would get them. They are so good. I love the characters, good and bad, and the way we are seeing them grow up or older. There is so much action and adventure, very much like Lord of the Rings. Love these books.
Daniel
Sep 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Još uvek nekako naivno ali ipak priča kajo drži pažnju i koja se već bavi malo težim temama. Svet je dobio malo više world building-a, upoznali još jedan narod (površno, za sada) i jedna od pretnji je rešena tako da me interesuje šta nas čeka u nastavku što je uvek plus kada knjiga ode ne očekivanim pravcom.

Jedino što mrzim kada se knjiga završi cliffhanger-om. Grrrrrr.

Ali ako kod svake knjige nastavi ovako da raste kvalitet biće ovo odličan serijal.

Ako vam treba fantazija za mlađu publiku svaka
Jackie
The author’s command of the language allows the continuation of the story of The Ranger's Apprentice to flow with ease and familiarity. Characters become those you care about, nervous and anxious when they are in danger and happy and satisfied when a job is well-done. The on-going story starts with the The Ruins of Gorlan and your memory is refreshed in such a way that it is not merely rehashing and reiterating the beginning over again , but a gentle reminder of what proceeded at the start of th ...more
George Jankovic
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I loved this book. While the first book in the series was good, this one was great. There was more action, more humor, a good battle, and a fantastic cliffhanger at the end. Enjoy!
Olivia
Oct 23, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is very well written, not only grammatically, but in the emotion that the author can draw out of the reader. The story plot line is exceptional, and creates a world you can truly believe exists. This atmosphere in the book is so realistic, you become immersed in the world inside the book. The book is actually the second in a series. However, in the first two pages it explains the background, and then dives right in, not wasting time on lengthy unnecessary explanations. The story begins ...more
Ranie C
This book was pretty interesting. It all started in the kingdom of Aularan where all good rangers are which Will a seventeen years old is one of the rangers. And theirs the Morgarath which is the evil one. So what happened is that Will and the other rangers found something strange which the evil Morgarath doesn't attack often in the Aularan kingdom anymore. Then the rangers decides to sneak in to the Mirgarath. And they see that their preparing an attack. One thing I liked about the book was the ...more
Ryelor
May 12, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I tried to give this series a fair shot, I really did. After the first book I wasn't convinced but figured that a lot of series get better as the story advances. Unfortunately, I enjoyed this novel less than the first one. Granted, the concept of rangers was very appealing, and I really wanted to lose myself in the novel, but for some reason I could not get into Falanagan's writing style or the way he forms his prose. His writing has a very "spoken" quality to it, meaning it reads as if he relat ...more
Roxanne
Oct 19, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Dan
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
So far, I am really enjoying this series.
Andrew
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a great follow up to the 1st book.

Will has gained lots a fame but not from wealth
Everyone knew him because of his stealth
He was a very big threat
His enemys should always be in fret
Marky
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, 2017
Jop, už jsem zase zhltla další díl. A je to boží!
Víc akce, víc plánování, víc boje a víc přátelství...
Jenom bych uvítala víc Halta, ale jinak to bylo skvělé!
A ten konec? TO byl konec? Vážně, málem jsem začala brečet!
4,5/5*
Rachel Lightwood
The Burning Bridge was a fantastic sequel in the Ranger's Apprentice series. It was just as good, if not better, than the first book. I think the fact that there the characters and setting had previously been introduced, allowed the story to advance with more ease. The storyline was engaging. The characters were fantastic - it certainly increased my affection for Gilan and Horace. I loved the dramatic ending but I am a little nervous about where it will take the story in The Icebound Land.
C.B. Cook
Sooooo good. :D I'm enjoying the awesomeness that is these books sooo much. Will is epic, Halt is wonderful, HORACE. OH MY GRAVY HORACE. <3 And then we get to see more of Gilan (!!!!) and meet Evanlyn, who is wonderful. There were a bunch of plot twists I wasn't expecting, some I was (only because I accidentally read the back cover for book three... whoops...), and overall a great story that I immensely enjoyed!

My only problem with this book was minor language (view spoiler)
~ Odette Knappers
Mar 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Another enjoyable read (or rather, listen) during biking to work. I really like this series! It a good adventure series, suitable for boys and girls (12+) and I'm really happy there are so many more books :D I liked the humor and the plot, and oh my that ending!
Edgar Arias
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
****spoiler Alert****

He just became a ranger but now he has to face the most horrible battle that is starting that could change everything the rangers have built.This book is a adventure,action,and medieval type of era.I give this book 5 out of 5 stars cause it's so awesome.

The setting takes place in castle Redmount But some of it is also in Celtica. A year has pass since Will became a Ranger's Apprentice and war is starting and the king is worried so Halt and Will kill Morgaraths men and retr
Kaitlin
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, book number 2 in this series and I must say that I enjoyed this just as much as book 1 which was a pleasant surprise. I really loved book 1 for the wonderful characters and the charming storytelling. I felt that there were good messages about friendship and trust and I would say that those themes have been strongly carried into book 2 as well.

I particularly enjoyed getting to see more of Gilan’s personality and seeing the way that he led the younger characters was interesting and fun. I did
Braden Bell
Jul 31, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Flanagan begins to hit his stride in this book. I remember that this book was the one that really sold me on the series. Flanagan is quite good at cliffhanger endings that draw you in and I found his characters to be interesting. At first they seem to be well-worn types--but as the book progresses, he draws back the layers and they have become very real to me.

This is a fun, page-turning book. Not sure what genre it is. It's listed as fantasy but there is not much sorcery or magic. It reads more
Congoking
Hamdey
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a very entertaining book. All though it did have an lot of build up until it got to the action and excitement in the end it was worth the read. You most definitively read the first book and consider reading the series through amazing adventures. The books story line is a spectacular one to follow because of all the surprising twists and turns. It is an a extraordinary story to read through, you should obviously read the whole series.
Ehko
The ending gets me every time.
Argona
I really enjoyed reading this book and I have to say that I am officially a fan of the series.The ending really surprised me and I can't wait to read more.
Rebekah
I absolutely love this series, I cannot say enough about it, if there were 50 I would read them all. John Flanagan is a genius. Reread 8/6/17
Lonneke
I'm way too old for this, but I love it! :')
- ̗̀  jess  ̖́-
Reread Jan 2017.

I continue to be impressed with the depth of military tactics. I am not versed in how historically accurate they might be, but they're detailed and make sense.
Bailey Marissa
Why do bad things always happen to my faves??? Seriously...

Also, there's a lot of weird POV and telling going on, but the plot and characters more than make up for it.
Hemant
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone has a friend or companion they feel very close to, and sometimes you see how your friendships get tested when you’re forced to make a decision to either help yourself, or stay with your friend. By the end of both books, “The Hobbit” and “Ranger’s Apprentice the Burning Bridge,” you see how the characters Bilbo and Will have created new friendships and how those friendships were tested as they were faced with consequences in which they had a decision to either help themselves, or stay w ...more
Starting a fire, how hard can it be when... 1 6 May 11, 2017 12:51PM
Oakleaf Bearers: The Burning Bridge 1 2 Oct 12, 2016 11:45AM
  • The Rise of the Wyrm Lord (The Door Within, #2)
  • Night of the Soul Stealer (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #3)
  • The Soldiers of Halla (Pendragon, #10)
  • The Horn of Moran (Adventurers Wanted, #2)
  • The Wizard Heir (The Heir Chronicles, #2)
  • Dragon Flight (Dragon Slippers, #2)
  • Lost (Magic Thief, #2)
  • The Rise of the Black Wolf (Grey Griffins, #2)
  • Peter and the Secret of Rundoon (Peter and the Starcatchers, #3)
  • Feathered Serpent, Part 1 (Tennis Shoes, #3)
  • Return to Del (Deltora Quest, #8)
  • Den Forkerte Død (Den Store Djævlekrig, 3)
  • The Second Siege (The Tapestry, #2)
  • The Cobra King of Kathmandu (Children of the Lamp, #3)
  • The Squire, His Knight, and His Lady (The Squire's Tales, #2)
  • Keys to the Demon Prison (Fablehaven, #5)
  • The Way of the Sword (Young Samurai, #2)
  • Shadow of the Hawk (Wereworld, #3)

For mysteries by this same author, see John A. Flanagan.

John Flanagan grew up in Sydney, Australia, hoping to be a writer. It wasn't until he wrote a highly uncomplimentary poem about a senior executive at the agency where he worked, however, that his talent was revealed. It
More about John Flanagan...

Ranger's Apprentice (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Ruins of Gorlan (Ranger's Apprentice, #1)
  • The Icebound Land (Ranger's Apprentice, #3)
  • The Battle for Skandia (Ranger's Apprentice, #4)
  • The Sorcerer in the North (Ranger's Apprentice, #5)
  • The Siege of Macindaw (Ranger's Apprentice, #6)
  • Erak's Ransom (Ranger's Apprentice, #7)
  • The Kings of Clonmel (Ranger's Apprentice, #8)
  • Halt's Peril (Ranger's Apprentice, #9)
  • The Emperor of Nihon-Ja (Ranger's Apprentice, #10)
  • The Lost Stories (Ranger's Apprentice, #11)
“That taught us how to block a sword with two knives. But what if an ax man's coming at me?"
Gilan looked suspicious. "An ax man? I don't recommend trying to block an ax with two knives."
But Will wouldn't take no for an answer. "But what if he's charging at me?" Horace walked over.
Gilan looked away. "Uh...shoot him."
Horace intervened. "Can't, his bowstring's broken."
Gilan gritted his teeth. "Run and hide."
Will kept on him. "There's a sheer cliff behind me."
Horace caught on. "There's a sheer cliff behind him, and his bowstring's broken. What should he do?"
Gilan thought for a moment. "Jump off the cliff, it'll be less messy that way.”
799 likes
“So I sent Halt to straighten matters out. Thought it might be a good idea to give him something to keep him busy."
So what's Digby got to complain about?" Rodney asked. It was obvious from his tone that he felt no sympathy for the recalcitrant commander of Barga Hold.
The Baron gestured for Lady Pauline to explain.
Apparently," she said,"Halt threw him into the moat.”
339 likes