Start by marking “Do Something!: Make Your Life Count” as Want to Read:
Do Something!: Make Your Life Count

Do Something!: Make Your Life Count

Everyone wants their life to count. We all wish we could make a difference in a hurting world. The good news is that we can. Despite our own brokenness (and, in fact, because of it) each of us can be Jesus's hands and feet on Earth, reaching out to others in real and profound ways.
With powerful true stories, illustrations from the life of Christ, and specific activities f
Other Format, 0 pages
Published November 1st 2009 by Baker Books

To ask other readers questions about Do Something!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do Something!

Mark
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In short this book is about being able to go out and help people through Christ either by what you have gone through or are passionate about.
Each chapter has a real life story, a story from the life of Jesus, a challenge for you to do, practical steps online to start ministries for the certain area, and a prayer.
Some of the real life stories are pretty miraculous and not very common, and others are things you could see everyday if you were to look in the right ( or wrong ) places. I did not loo
Mike Klein
Feb 23, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A shallow but good book to get one started on "doing something". There's some heartwarming stories that are nice and even one of them doesn't have a "happy" ending which was a pleasant surprise. Ultimately one needs to go to the website to dig deeper but a nice easy read.
Susan
Apr 25, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading through with my church. On Chapter 6 so far...
I enjoyed the inspirational stories and attempted to apply some principles to my day to day...
Carol Abernathie
If you want to make your life count while binging glory to God but don't know how, this is a great place to start!
Matt
Jul 24, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Too self helpy not my style
Theresa B.
It had wonderful spiritual lessons and examples but needs better organizational flow.
Shirley Lund
Jul 16, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I had to stop reading this book after the author stated "If the Bible is reliable enough..." (pg 61) and said "The only way you will do greater things than Jesus did is if you exercise faith in the faithful promises of God and His Word." (pg 55)
YUCK:( Not possible to be greater than Jesus!
The okay parts of this book seem superficial and lacking real meat to chew on. Needless to say, I'm disappointed!
Sarom
Jan 17, 2010 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I am just at the beginning of this book, and one of my goals this year is to be able to Do Something for my community by applying it through Christ. This book is a start because we are beginning a series at my church (The Rock) come next week about doing something...
Jennifer Drake Johnston
Well, this book was really a 2 star for me all the way through the final chapter (Rico) which I did find compelling, challenging and insightful. That chapter and ending make it a "Liked" for me.
Sanchia Goosen
A bit too American, but some interesting concepts and inspirational stories.
Ginger Vanderbeek
Jan 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the connection between the real world and bible time stories.
SHBC Leaders' Library
1 available - leader's kit w/DVD
Crisp619sd
Mar 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow... This is in here too? Pastor miles is amazing!!! Very inspiring... Very encouraging... I'm doing things I never thought I would be doing.
Benjamin
Jul 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This a great inspirational and motivational book!
Crisp619sd
Mar 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life inspiring testimonies... Pastor miles... You're amazing!
Lorrie
Jan 08, 2010 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I am on Chapter 2
Eileen Rubio
May 09, 2010 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
AMAZING BOOK! Real-life stories touching and inspiring..
Zachary Guthrie
Jul 03, 2012
Stephanie B. Baltrus
May 08, 2019
Lindsay
rated it did not like it
Apr 25, 2014
Apr 01, 2010
Yolanda
Jan 19, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Miles McPherson, author and is a man radically transformed by God. Miles is the Senior Pastor of the Rock Church in San Diego, one of the fastest growing churches in the United States.

A former defensive back with the San Diego Chargers, Miles also is President and founder of Miles Ahead, an outreach ministry focused on sharing the good news of Jesus Christ with teens and adults all over the world.