Start by marking “You Are a Brand!: How Smart People Brand Themselves for Business Success” as Want to Read:
You Are a Brand!: How Smart People Brand Themselves for Business Success

You Are a Brand!: How Smart People Brand Themselves for Business Success

A field guide to business success that combines some of the hottest business concepts with the realities of the modern workplace to help professionals everywhere harness their personal potential and take charge of their careers.
Published November 16th 2009 by Nicholas Brealey Publishing (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about You Are a Brand!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Are a Brand!

Start your review of You Are a Brand!: How Smart People Brand Themselves for Business Success
Lain
Jun 23, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: insomniacs
For a book that is all about marketing and perception and jazzing up your image, this book was one of the most boring, dry takes on the topic that I've read in a long time. Very academic and non-inspiring. I suggest you skip this and read something a lot more interesting, fun, and helpful -- like something by Seth Godin or Barbara Corcorin. ...more
Abdulaziz Alzain
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you want to distinguish yourself from the rest of every person on this planet and want to build a brand you this book will help build and make it shine. My only suggestion that if they added sources and websites to help you build your brand it would be better.
Dustin Douglas
Feb 09, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy read, keeps you interested and have some great points
Sarah Hackley
While I have a problem with viewing everything as an advertisement, this book had a few nuggets of wisdom.
Ingridasthararianty
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pertama baca di 2018, karena kesibukan akhirnya buku ini tidak lagi terjamah selama 2 tahun.

Tahun 2020 ini, baru punya kesempatan untuk menyelesaikannya.

Buku ini cukup berguna bagi kalian yang penasaran bagaimana sih sebenarnya brand itu. Mungkin dari bahasa menurutku lebih enak buat yang sudah punya latar belakang mengenai brand, karena ada beberapa kata yang rasanya mungkin tidak dipahami oleh orang awam.. tapi silakan dicoba saja terlebih dahulu.

Selamat menikmati!
alia
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Just a regular marketing book. When you do marketing as your career, I think this book will not help at all. Your experience create your marketing sense and overall this book just tell you fundamental thingy of marketing world. But as a third year college student, for me this is not that bad.
Faizah Aulia R
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
*review soon*
Anela
Sep 20, 2017 rated it liked it
My immediate manager gave me this book to "borrow" and read, said she found it informative. I like the book so far, but my bigger question is why did she give it to ME? ...more
Crimson Lady
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a MUST READ for anyone in business for themselves, especially authors!
HeyLucindaO!
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book actually helped me get a great job! The proof is in the pudding!
Marina
** Books 05 - 2015 **

Buku ini untuk memenuhi New Authors Reading Challenge 2015

Buku ini memuat tentang 12 Hal yang memuat Self-Branding untuk diri kita sendiri sebagai individu untuk dapat meraih kesuksesan yang antara lain :

1. Orang yang ada di muka cermin itulah satu-satunya tempat anda bersandar. Itu tidak menyedihkan, justru sangat luar biasa!

2. Pelajari pasar dan kompetisinya, tapi jangan mengikuti kebanyakan orang. Temukan gagasan anda yang berbeda
3. Cari sweet spot. Temukan Aset tersem
Sandra Soetanto
Read somewhere, that everyone judges you, either you like it or not. So why not direct their judgments to build your own brand? This book gives some ways to build and/or improve your personal branding in business world. I myself believe that good personal branding (and not to forget all those skill improvements and hard works) will help you to develop your career.
Robert Graves
Jun 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read several of these advertising "self-help" books, and this is the best by far. Of course, as a rhetorician I love the fact that the book doesn't go very far into its discussion of persuasion without discussing Cicero, and the Shakespeare quotes sprinkled throughout definitely don't hurt. ...more
Núria Costa
Dec 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Interesting for developing how you position yourself and come up with cool ideas for personal branding
Edisty Friskanesya
bagus kok,,,saya yakin bagus.tapi kayanya saya baca bukan di saat yg tepat kali ya.just not into it
Cheryl
I went to her presentation, and she is quite good. It was so helpful, seeing yourself as a brand, and positioning your strengths, FULLY, even at work, not just at the interview or on the resume.
Andy
Sep 17, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Juwita
Aug 28, 2011 added it
nice books. tp slalu ada alasan untuk menunda membacanya
Haitham Ramadan
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
greaaaaaat
Heather Volkman
Made me think about what I want others to remember after a job interview. Some sections are more useful that others depending on your line of work.
Frederik Lierde
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I you want to make a career inside your company, a must read
If you are an entrepreneur, good book as well, even when they talk about a career move, it gave you insights
Biying
Dec 24, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
If you've been already working in marketing, you don't need this book. All your marketing experience shaped your brand sense. ...more
Marissa
Sep 10, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was brim-full with useful content, but at the same time, kind of a tedious read.
BLACK CAT
Apr 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
I like better: "Career Distinction". It is more precise and has a workbook. ...more
Tabawin24gmail.Com
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
read 1 1 Jul 19, 2013 02:42AM
Self Confidence increase highly 1 3 Aug 25, 2012 01:42AM

• Güç Yüzüklerine Dair
  • Peril at End House (Hercule Poirot, #8)
  • Nutuk
  • Benden Sonra Mutluluk
  • Aesop's Fables
  • Love, Trust, & Pleasure (The Brothers of Kemet, #1)
  • A Christmas Kind of Love (A Sojourner Falls Tale Book 1)
  • The Secrets of Silk
  • A Holiday Wish Kind of Love: A Sojourner Falls Tale (Sojourner Falls #2)
  • The Perfect Lie
  • Family of Lies
  • Mill Point Road
  • A Weekend Affair 2: Back to Reality
  • A Weekend Affair: The Best Way to Get Over One Man Is to Get on Top of Another
  • When She Returned