Start by marking “Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)” as Want to Read:
Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)

Immortal in Death

(In Death #3)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  42,949 ratings  ·  1,736 reviews
She was one of the most sought-after women in the world. A top model who would stop at nothing to get what she wanted -- even another woman's man. And now she was dead, the victim of a brutal murder. Police lieutenant Eve Dallas put her professional life on the line to take the case when suspicion fell on her best friend, the other woman in the fatal love triangle. Beneath ...more
Published July 1st 1996 by Berkley Books (first published 1996)
Featured Notes & Highlights

To ask other readers questions about Immortal in Death, please sign up.
Lisa Fakes While each book's story is stand alone the characters and their individual stories do develop over time so I think it is better to read them in order…moreWhile each book's story is stand alone the characters and their individual stories do develop over time so I think it is better to read them in order but it is not strictly necessary. Hope that helps.(less)

·  42,949 ratings  ·  1,736 reviews

Start your review of Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
4 Stars

This didn't necessarily blow me away or anything, but I really enjoyed it a lot.

I am loving this series as a whole.
I mean, how can you not, right?
I adore Eve and Roarke.

description

Seriously, I am ROARKE'D beyond all recognition.

description

This installment had more awesome to offer...

Interesting plot, as always.
Fast paced and well written, as always.
Great interactions between Eve and Roarke, as always.

Eve is fast becoming one of my most favorite heroines.

description

She had a huge breakthrough of sorts in this book
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
5 Addicted Stars

I just knew it was him! That's all...

Brenda
With Eve and Roarkes wedding looming, Eves nerves were jittering and having her wedding dress made by one of Mavis friends who was a designer was up there with something she would have to force herself to attend. But she would. When a connection to that designer was found brutally murdered with all fingers pointing at a friend of Eves, she was understandably distraught. But she also knew she would find the answers and quickly

When the investigation led into the world of illegal drugs and the
Cyndi
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Once again, I loved reading this book! Every character is well-developed. None of them are faultless, except maybe The House. Ahh, the House. Every book gives more to love. The gymnasium. Wow! Wonder what an aqua-track is?

Reread...again March 2018

Im pretty sure I read once that Nora Roberts had planned on ending the Eve Dallas books as her usual trilogy. Thankfully she didnt. This series is always on my go-to selection when I want to revisit my favorite books. Watching her characters grow is
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Roarke... I just can't get enough of you darling. As always you were amazing. xoxo :)

He loves me."
"You sound surprised."
"Nobody ever did. Not like this. It's easy to say, for some people. The words. But it's not just words with Roarke. He sees inside me, and it doesn't matter.

♥Sharon♥
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

More love!

Of the three I have read so far Immortal In Death is the one I love the most. Things between Eve and Roarked changed in such a raw yet endearing way. Eve laid herself bare at Roarkes feet and it broke my heart to listen to her tell her dark story. Pieces had been revealed but in the moment where she let it all out I was moved.

Roarke had sat quietly fighting his anger for what she went through and just listened. With just a gentle touch from him Eve knew she had finally made it out of
Carol
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
I feel compelled to give this pivotal book (#3 in the "In Death" series) no less than 5 stars as....

Firstly and monumentally..
"Getting married was murder. Eve wasnt sure how it had happened in the first place. She was a cop, for Gods sake. Throughout her ten years on the force, shed firmly believed cops should stay single, unencumbered, and focused utterly on the job. It was insane to believe one person could split time, energy, and emotion between law, with all its rights and wrongs, and
Karla
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25 lieutenant stars!

Another hit from Eve/Roarke!

What more can I say that hasnt t been said already about this awesome series, expect that as the other previous two books I loved it.

Loved the mystery, the drama, the new characters, but most of all the dynamic that is eve/Rourke. Theyre are what makes this series so different, so special, at least for me. Two people that are so differently socially, at the same time similar in their painful past but are so strong in their convictions for
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Beauty and Youth are Desperate Matters for Some . . .

Immortal In Death is the third book in J.D. Robbs In Death series. Even though this story takes place in 2058, its one that even today we read about in any newspaper on any given day, or watch on prime time news: Drugs. They make you feel good. Make you feel young. Make you think youre immortal.

Cover Blurb...
She was one of the most sought after women in the world. A top model who would stop at nothing to get what she wanted - even another
Jilly
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, romance
In the future, people will kill each other over drugs! Weird, huh?
Also in the future, women in authority will be called "sir" as a sign that they are now equal to men. I've read this in a couple of different books now and I just have to wonder something. Why is a woman shown to be equal to a man by calling her a term of respect meant for a man? Is it because calling her "maam" would denote a lower position? The female equivalent to the same word is somehow less? My Feminist Senses are tingling.
Mo
Dec 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sigh ... Oh Roarke, you are one in a million. Would have liked to have been at the wedding though. Off to start the next one - wonder will I get tired of it after about Book 12 or so.
Alex ♈
Suspense 4.5 stars / Romance 4 stars

I admire Eves (= authors) sharp mind. Damn, it was intense.

Eve is a star, no doubt. Love her.

And I start to like Roarke, very slow, but nevertheless.
I hope no his ex-lovers would be killed in the next book; 1 ex dead in the 2nd book and 1 ex dead in this book. Playboy trope wouldnt be appreciated.

But I liked that he was jealous.

Yep, Eve is the best, man, watch out!

Ridley
I've noticed a formula for the In Death books and noticing this formula has dimmed my enjoyment.

1. Eve gets a murder case
2. Mavis does something cute and funny to cheer her up
3. Another person dies and adds the the case
4. Roarke does something romantic. This may or may not follow Summerset sassing Eve.
5. One more corpse, just for good measure.
6. Roarke does something illegal to help Eve, with a charming grin of course.
7. Everything's coming together now. This is totally the bad guy.
8. Hmmm,
Holly
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These keep getting better, even though I completely guessed who the "bad guy" was again (I only point this out because I am the type of reader who usually doesn't figure it out, so if I manage it the book's hints were particularly unsubtle). The back story of Eve's childhood was shocking! Looking forward to the next book :)
Catherine
*sigh* I found out Eves answer. How awesome for them both. Im glad Robb skipped ahead in time again and took us closer to the big day. I loved watching Eve and Roarkes nerves. Of course, neither of them was worried for the same reasons. Eve worried about making it work long term and Roarke worried about Eve going through with it. LOL.

Eves team is expanded beyond the usual peoplenamely, Feeney. Eve pulls in Peabody, a cop she took a shine to in the last book, and finds herself stuck having to
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
4.67 "Arrest me in the morning" stars

Because why not get specific? If I want to be able to review and distinguish all 40+ books in the series, I may as well rate them uniquely.

So far, Glory In Death is my favorite book of the series. The reason is simple: Eve's personal life was tightly interwoven with the case.

I'm not going to say more lest I spoil something. Only maybe that, even though I'd lightly suspected the person who eventually turned out to be the murderer, it was still a surprise.
Phrynne
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my second reading but my first reviewing of this totally enjoyable book! I believe this was originally intended to be the last book in a trilogy and it certainly seems like that. So much happens in its 345 pages and it does round off very neatly with all ends tied up. There is a lot of personal drama for Eve and a lot of work action in the form of homicides. Luckily for us all J.D. Robb decided to develop the series further and we all know how far it has gone. May it go on for much ...more
Shawna
Apr 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of romantic suspense, tough heroines, & devoted, dangerous, deliciously sexy alpha heroes
Belles
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z2018, z2019
I thought I had the killer all figured out. Well played, JD Robb.
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
Read March 2014
Out of the three In Death series, this one is the best. I'm sure I'll say that about another but I did say out of the three. Eve is characterized as a human being. Hey even a bad ass has feeling and care for others but hasn't she always? When her memories starts to come more and more it made me sad for her but it also showed you that because of what happened made her the strong person that she is now and what makes her care so much about getting justice for those who can't get it
♥Rachel♥
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Figured out the identity of the murderer pretty early, but still had fun with this one. The memories resurfacing of what happened to Eve were heartbreaking and brutal. Roarke is so amazing with the emotional support he gives Eve! He understands her so well. I love that they work things out without drama and angst! I've fallen hard for Roarke!

Same narrator as the last two books, Susan Eriksen, and she's wonderful.
Chan
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Audiobook

I liked the premise behind the mystery, but this might be my least favorite so far. In the previous two books, Eve was riding on the very edge of being a meany. In this one she was very mean. Why are cops allowed to infiltrate funerals and question people, it seems so uncouth and insensitive.

Nevertheless, Nora Roberts did another fantastic job with the mystery.
Duchess Nicole
This series is addicting. It's the genius of this author and the reason she's one of the most read authors out there.

In Immortal in Death, Eve is once again faced with a killer. These murders are somehow related to a new drug that somehow not only makes the user feel really, really good, but also makes them appear younger, more glowing. While it makes them feel immortal, it also is a fast killer. First, a well known fashion model is killed...and the prime suspect is Eve's best friend.

So now
Alkyoni

Eve is getting married, Mavis is in love, Peabody made a joke and a top model is DEAD.

Ok, first things first. I freakin love Peabody.

And Peabody, we've been naked together. Drop all the 'sirs,' will you? Make it Dallas."

"Yes, sir, Lieutenant."

Okie, now to the mystery. I for one think it was great. Really nice executed, kept me guessing who dunnit, most of my suspicions were wrong. Ok, it did cross my mind that it could have been that person and there was a clue that came pretty much out of
Ira
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm re-reading this one again...
Well, actually listening the audiobook this time

And I kind of really love this one because (view spoiler)
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
Eve is down on her luck here clearly. I mean it's hard enough to get ready for the wedding without both your best friend AND your dress maker being involved in a murder investigation. Being the primary for the case you'd think Eve could give her friends some slack, but it's actually worse. She has to be twice as hard.

"I thought it was 'innocent until proven guilty.'"
"That's just one of the bigger lies we live by."

That doesn't mean that wedding preparations are put on hold, no way. Roarke is
Ann Lou
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this installment, Eve has to prove the innocence of her closest friend (Mavis) as she became a murder suspect. Reading this series proves I suck at guessing whodunit. I am terrible a detective.

Anyways, we also found out about Eve's heartbreaking childhood. What that monster of a father did to her. And Roarke. *dreamy sigh* Without a doubt, they are a good match and good partners. 😀
Anuradha
I solemnly swear that I will find a book in this series that I like as much as the others do.
Anna

As always I'm totally, irrevocably committed to this series.
Its magic keeps me reading all the time... and rereading once again in a while ;D

I know, I know, I'm not alone in this unexplainable fixation with The World According to Roarke...

It's just...how to explain the phenomenon of give or take 40 books long series?

It has been around for awhile and it still can be so futuristic you can't even embrace it.

This series can give reluctant readers a real kick-start
Wendy'sThoughts
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: J.D. Robb Fans
5 New Love, Solid Love Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free
Oh, this continuing love story with Roarke and Eve was as strong as ever. I did catch a hint of the "bad Guy" early...but then thought maybe not due to Robb's skill. When all was said and done, I wanted more more more...
So off to the next entry.
~~~~~ Before Reading ~~~~~
I am so Loving This, Best Gift to Myself Ever!
My New Addiction Continues...
I am Obsessed with Eve Dallas and Roarke.

For more Reviews, Free E-books and Giveaways

photo banner_zpsb3ab83a0.jpg
Play Book Tag: Immortal in Death / J.D. Robb. 3.5 stars 11 18 Sep 29, 2018 09:40PM
X's & O's Romance...: Immortal in death 12 10 Jan 18, 2018 05:34PM
J.D. Robb : Immortal In Death (Spoiler Zone) 42 149 Nov 17, 2016 09:37AM
A Million More Pages: 3 - Immortal in Death (In Death): May 1 35 32 Jun 08, 2015 06:15AM
J.D. Robb : Buddy Read - Immortal In Death (Aug/Sept 2013) SPOILER ZONE 278 77 May 14, 2014 06:28PM

• Concealed in Death: by J. D. Robb -- Review
  • Honest Illusions
  • The Rise of Magicks (Chronicles of The One, #3)
  • Under Currents
  • The Witness
  • Hot Rocks
  • Suspicious: Partners / The Art of Deception / Night Moves
  • Of Blood and Bone (Chronicles of The One, #2)
  • Key of Light (Key Trilogy, #1)
  • Rising Tides (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #2)
  • Concealed in Death: by J. D. Robb -- Sidekick
  • Stay the Night (Darkyn, #7)
  • The Search
  • 1st to Die (Women's Murder Club, #1)
  • Flirting With Danger (Samantha Jellicoe, #1)
  • Sea Swept (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #1)
  • Inner Harbor (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #3)
  • High Noon
J.D. Robb is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling In Death series and the pseudonym for #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. The futuristic suspense series stars Eve Dallas, a New York City police lieutenant with a dark past. Initially conceived as a trilogy, readers clamored for more of Eve and the mysterious Roarke. Leverage in Death, on sale September 2018, is the 47th ...more

In Death (1 - 10 of 51 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)
  • Judgment in Death (In Death, #11)