Start by marking “Three Bedrooms, One Corpse (Aurora Teagarden Mystery, #3)” as Want to Read:
Three Bedrooms, One Corpse (Aurora Teagarden Mystery, #3)

Three Bedrooms, One Corpse (Aurora Teagarden #3)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  14,148 Ratings  ·  576 Reviews
Third in the Aurora Teagarden series, one great new look.

Deciding if she wants to go into real estate becomes a life-or-death choice for Aurora "Roe" Teagarden. A naked corpse is discovered at her first house showing. And when a second body is found in another house for sale, it becomes obvious that there is a very cool killer at large in Lawrenceton, one who knows a gre
Published March 23rd 1994 by Charles Scribner's Sons

To ask other readers questions about Three Bedrooms, One Corpse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Bedrooms, One Corpse

Cindy
Jun 17, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: swapped
This series is consistently getting 3 stars from me. It's a quick, fun read and a good cleansing book that I don't have to concentrate on to hard. I still think Aurora is kind of unfeeling and pretty selfish at times. I did enjoy this book much better than the the second one where the romance was really flat. She sure does go through the guys for someone who doesn't date much!
Blake
Feb 25, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Richard Denney
Maybe the fourth one will be better? probably not lol I'm going to take the fourth one back to the library and I might pick it up again eventually. I still enjoyed the first two books and I still think Charlaine is an awesome writer.
Wanda
Read to fill the “Cozy Mystery” square for 2107 Halloween Bingo.

I wonder if Aurora Teagarden was in some ways a practice run by Charlaine Harris for her Sookie Stackhouse character? They’re both small town girls, seemingly not outstanding in any sense, feeling that life is passing them by. Both of them are attracted to dangerous men. Both of them take unreasonable risks for those men.

Also like Sookie, Aurora changes male partners fairly frequently. I was glad to see the pastor get the boot in th
Stephanie
Michelle
Roe is definitely growing on me. I am enjoying her story, and am ready to read more.
Cassi aka Snow White Haggard
Are the heroines in mystery books always THIS STUPID? Because I'm smart but not like genius smart, and compared to me, Roe is a dumb-bum. At least that's how I felt by the end of this book.

Seriously DO NOT CHASE DANGER. DO NOT BREAK INTO A MURDERERS HOUSE. CALL THE DAMN POLICE!

Also this book made me feel like I'd been banished to adverb hell for awhile. The dialogue tags almost always had an adverb to explain further what the words meant (because apparently understanding the words themselves mea
Magpie67
Aug 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book
Another light and entertaining cozy mystery by Charlaine Harris. 3rd in the series and not my last one to read. Aurora Teagarden is a delightful character who seems to attract murder and mayhem in her life. She also has a knack for solving the crime in a simple yet elegant way. Thumbs up for this series!
Nancy Ellis
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another light and enjoyable adventure with Aurora Teagarden. I enjoy the humor the author manages to include to give us laughs throughout the story. The most entertaining part of this book is the cat's visit to the vet!
Heather Gilbert
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
The more I read this series, the more I enjoy it. This was a fun one to try to figure out.
Anna (Curiosity comes before Kay)
Don't know how I somehow managed to skip rating/marking the second book as read?! This series is a fast read, Roe is kind of a weirdo (and not that likeable sometimes - almost like a stone age Sookie Stackhouse negative 2.0!), and I think I like the movies on Hallmark's Movies & Mysteries Channel better than the books...which I feel like a traitor admitting. But there it is, not that I won't read them all anyways.
Jim
Better than the first two, but the mystery was deeper & wrapped up a little to fast. There was too much explanation at the end, not enough investigation. Found the killer & they spewed all, wrapping it all up too neatly. Otherwise, it was a better book. The characters are better developed & the writing seems tighter.
Brooke Mcgregor

Three Bedrooms, One Corpse is about a girl named Roe Teagarden, aka Roe, who just quit her job at the library, inherited a lot of money from Jane and is now starting to become a realtor just like her mom. In the midst of all this, she is also trying to find house of her own. On the day of the Anderton house showing, Roe’s mom was falling behind schedule so she asked Roe to show the house for her. Things didn’t go according to plan with her first showing. As Row began to take a walk through of t
Kelly-Marie
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Loved this novel I like the fact I had no clue who the murderer was actually thought it was someone else. I absolutely love roe as a character ❤ however I'm slightly disappointed who she is seeing I can't put my finger on why that is but maybe there is a reason. Never want this series to end I always have connections with charlaine Harris main characters I feel part of their world. Like always Roe is at the center of danger when she figures out who murdered the women and puts her own life at ris ...more
Cheryl
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aurora Teagarden is trying to decide if she wants to go in to her mother's real estate business by going with her to house showings. The first showing they find a dead woman in a bedroom, which proves that it has something to do with the real estate world. Aurora gets involved in helping solve the murder and her new relationship. An interesting book in the Teagarden series.
Chicky Poo
J'étais contente de retrouver Aurora, j'ai trouvé ce tome un peu plus abouti que les autres et j'ai apprécié de suivre ses pérégrinations tout au long du roman. Un bon tome qui me donne envie de continuer la série !
Robin
These are cute and goofy. I usually read harder core mysteries like Sandford's Lucas Davenport series and these while still in the mystery category are far from those. I think it's the characters that are the most appealing. Ro is an odd duck but I like her and the people around her.
Elyse
Another fun Aurora Teagarden mystery that Hallmark twisted in weird ways. I don't get why they have to change small details, like Aurora wears glasses but not in the movie, or Aubrey Scott's name got flipped to Scott Aubrey, Martin's hair is supposed to be white, who cares if he's an older man? Anyways, I did like Aurora and someone (remain nameless!) and their feisty, steamy little thing going on! I was surprised by it but I actually loved it because I wasn't expecting it. I've also been surpri ...more
Gawelleb
Je préfère le Martin des adaptations ...
Ici rien ne me parait naturel ... bon ce n'est pas pour autant que je vais m'arrêter en si bon chemin, j'aime bien Aurora!
Yolanda Sfetsos
Jan 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
As you (probably now) know, I've been having a great time getting stuck into this series. I really enjoyed the first and second books, and have become very fond of Roe. As well as her town of Lawrenceton, and the strange mix of people who seem to have so many secrets.

Since Roe quit her job at the library, she's got a bit of spare time on her hands, so she decides to hang around Select Realty, which happens to be her mother's business. She wants to see if she likes it, and maybe then she can purs
Syrdarya
Jul 11, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Julie
This was the third in the Teagarden series.
Aurora is asked to show a house for her mother. While walking through the house with the newcomers, they discover the body of a rival real estate agent.
The only good thing to come from the situation was that Aurora met Martin. The two of them practically fall in love at first sight.
But, despite Roe's love life changing for the better ( at least it appears that way), the whole town is on edge. When another murder takes place, Roe starts to take action.
I
Tatiana
Aurora Teagarden is in the middle of a murder investigation again! This time she finds a body of a saleswoman in a house she is showing to an enigmatic and sexy client.

I think I like this book more than the previous ones because it seems Charlaine Harris has finally found that little something that makes books addictive. And this "something" is certainly sexual attraction between her characters. She did a great job describing intereactions between Roe and Martin in this book. Although I have to
Jonathan
Another great book in what is quickly becoming one of my favorite series.

I really love Roe, she's funny, no-nonsense and smart. Sadly we see less of her love interest, Aubrey, than in the last book, but in this book it's a good thing. A new love interest, is also introduced, Martin, whom I really, really like, he's quite a bit older than Roe but he's really nice and good for Roe. Roe's mother also takes a part in this book, and the more I see her, the more I like her.

The mystery was good, but th
Dawn
Apr 11, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun, southern cozy. While the movies based on this series are airing on Hallmark Movies and Mysteries, the novels and movies differ enough that it is still worthwhile to read the novels as well...especially for us die hard Charlaine Harris fans! As a librarian myself, I particularly enjoy a mystery series with a librarian as the detective. Ms. Harris's little touches of southern culture add to the warm fuzzy feeling of this novel. Recommended for any fan of cozy mysteries.

description
Siobhan
It’s the same old same old with this one, and it’s safe to say I will not be continuing on with the series.

I feel as though we spend our time reading about the character’s love life and ignoring everything else. A love life, might I add, which seems to go against the character of Roe. It’s as though Harris had one idea in mind for her character yet decided things would be more interesting if she went in a different direction. Through trying to get these things to match up the mystery in the nov
Bonnie
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaway
Another fun, enjoyable read.... though the heroine pulls a dumb stunt near the end (& almost her end!). But of course all ends well & I do believe Roe has met her match in Martin! Looking forward to other books in this series. Roe finds out one thing for sure, being a realtor & showing houses is not her cup of tea! Especially when she turns up another body on her fill-in real estate showing for her Mother! More twists & turns to keep you interested & reading! Enjoy! Thanks to ...more
Deborah
Learned -- that Charlaine Harris is not above description such as "she was a heavyset black."

Review -- still an enjoyable mystery. I like mysteries, but I don't read them that often. I like this series because of course it's about a librarian, and I like the setting and characters, though there are a few too many of them. It's a good book to read during a high stress time --just enough, not too much, thought required.
Rosey
Sep 19, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, read-in-2010
The first two book were middle ground but this one has moved up. Roe goes from boring to more exciting real fast with a new attraction to an older man. While showing said older man a house, they find the naked body of an realator in one of the bedrooms. Of course Roe is on the case.

Anastasia
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three Bedrooms, One Corpse by Charlaine Harris is the 3rd book in the Aurora Teagarden mystery series. Aurora shows a house for her real estate agent mother and finds the corpse of a rival agent in the bedroom. An enjoyable interesting cozy mystery. Great characters and a good story. The main fault is the silly risk that Aurora takes to unmask the killer, almost getting herself killed.
  • Witch Hunt (Ophelia & Abby, #4)
  • Through the Grinder (Coffeehouse Mystery, #2)
  • The Ghost and the Dead Man's Library (Haunted Bookshop Mystery, #3)
  • Dolly Departed (Gretchen Birch, #3)
  • The Lies That Bind (Bibliophile Mystery, #3)
  • Scattered Graves (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #6)
  • Better Read Than Dead (Psychic Eye Mystery, #2)
  • Shooting Gallery (An Art Lover's Mystery, #2)
  • Bookmarked For Death (Booktown Mystery, #2)
Charlaine Harris has been a published novelist for over twenty-five years. A native of the Mississippi Delta, she grew up in the middle of a cotton field. Now she lives in southern Arkansas with her husband, her three children, three dogs, and a duck. The duck stays outside.

Though her early output consisted largely of ghost stories, by the time she hit college (Rhodes, in Memphis) Charlaine was wr
More about Charlaine Harris...

Aurora Teagarden (10 books)
  • Real Murders (Aurora Teagarden, #1)
  • A Bone to Pick (Aurora Teagarden, #2)
  • The Julius House (Aurora Teagarden, #4)
  • Dead Over Heels (Aurora Teagarden, #5)
  • A Fool and His Honey (Aurora Teagarden, #6)
  • Last Scene Alive (Aurora Teagarden, #7)
  • Poppy Done to Death (Aurora Teagarden, #8)
  • All the Little Liars (Aurora Teagarden, #9)
  • Sleep Like a Baby (Aurora Teagarden, #10)
“Why was it librarians had such a prim image? With all the information available in books right there at their fingertips, librarians could be the best-informed people around. About anything.” 15 likes
“A place isn’t really yours until you clean it.” 2 likes