Start by marking “Beginnings (Love Slave for Two, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Beginnings (Love Slave for Two, #0.5)

Beginnings

(Love Slave For Two 0.5)

[Siren Menage Amour: Erotic Alternative Menage a Trois Romance, Contemporary, May-December, BDSM, Public Exhibition, M/M, M/M/M, with M/M/M/F]

Tyler Paulson came to America with a scholarship and a dream of becoming a writer. With an unsupportive mother and a father who abandoned him, he makes close friends and tries to build a new life for himself in his adopted country. U
Published (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Beginnings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beginnings

Aղցela W.
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this series and I finally got around to reading how Tyler and Tommy met. This was the beginning of the series "Love Slave for two" Tyler came from England on a scholarship to USF he also taught at the school. Tyler also realized that he is attracted to males and females. Tommy also went to USF although him and Tyler didn't run into each other. In this book we find out all of the things that Tyler went through his experience with BDSM and his marriages to One and Two and his relat ...more
Christy
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, arc, on-my-kindle, bdsm
After having read 'Love Slave for Two', which featured Thomas, Tyler, and Nevvie, I was excited to find this prequel. The author must've gotten so much love about the two men, she decided to go back and write their story. I, for one, am happy she did. I wanted to see them meet, and fall in love, and become the strong couple who I fell for.

The author began this book with Tommy starting college, and Tyler moving to America to accept a scholarship to study. The beginning portions, i.e. Tyler's marr
Luvflix
Jun 26, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Luvflix by: Delicious Dee
As we all have our own personal favourites in the mm genre, I hesitate to give this such a poor review as this was definitely not my cup of tea, but I'm sure one that many in the mm romance group could enjoy. For fans of this author, please don't continue reading this, as I know you won't like it, but I'll keep my review as much as possible to the writing style not the content.

I felt that if the author were wanting to explore m/m with m/m/f then it should have been done with a little more depth,
Judith
Jan 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 out of 5. This is where it all began ... an architectural student and a famous writer--two men who had dated and certainly were attracted to women, but who found that their attraction to one another superceded anything they had ever experienced. This story has been written because the fans of their "marriage" later on in their lives wanted to know how these two got together. It is a really wonderful M/M love story and one that makes the subsequent stories of how their "family" came together ...more
Chappy
This was a wonderful look back at how Tyler met Thomas. What a great steamy love story.

Tyler had a rough time finding someone to love who could really appreciate his submissive nature. His 2 female wives were horrible and his experience with Marcus was troubling.

I really enjoyed Tyler's exploration of the BDSM culture. He meets a few nice people (Ray, Oot and kitten) but they aren't interested in any commitments.

I kind of melted a little when Thomas falls head over heels for Tyler...so sweet.
Steph
Loved these two boys! Would'a liked the book to flow a bit differently, but I'm glad I started the series with this book. Looking forward to reading more of the series real soon.
Kawtar Morchid
Mar 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, d-n-f
I hated this shit. That's not the kind of read i was anticipating. Another BDSM aghhhhhhh....
Kukko
I loved the first book I read of this series - Love Slave for Two by Tymber Dalton . But as I read the follow-ups....I slowly fell out of love with the series.

The first book was great because Nevvie was super sweet, and the perfect addition to Tyler and Tommy's relationship. The second book Love Slave for Two Family Matters (Love Slave for Two, #2) by Tymber Dalton was all about medical emergencies with the guys, Nevvie was still sweet but she had turned into a bit of a nag, and her a-hole ex-boyfriend, from the first book, had somehow wormed his way into the second book. The third book Love Slave for Two Reunions (Love Slave for Two, #3) by Tymber Dalton was about
Marina
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really enjoyable series.

I ended up not leaving home for 2 days so I could finish it.

The characters have a way of creeping into your heart and all the sexy times they had sure
wasn't a hardship to get through! This one being especially sexy

There were times I loved them individually and together and others
where I wanted to take turns and slap them......hard (there may have been some
swearing involved)but I thoroughly loved it.

I was sad to finish and hope there will be more!!

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
This is where it all started ... Thomas and Tyler. This back history prequel to Love Slave for Two was enlightening. I like Thomas and Tyler even more. I felt badly for Tyler with his crazy ex-wife. It was a nice beginning.
Kristinmarie
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I came to this series after it had been written for a while. I can tell you, I love this book. I fell for Thomas and Tyler quickly. Like any good love story you go through the good and bad times with them. I can't wait to start the next book and see where they go in life.
Julie B.
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. I'm an instalove kinda girl but this was quicker than that if that's possible. I liked learning the history though as I've already read the rest of this series.
Daffodil
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Loved this so much more than 1 & 2.
Melanie♥
Feb 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 stars =)
Loved the first two in the series and it was so enjoyable to revisit the characters in this prequel about Ty and Tommy. By the end I was ready to re-read the first two!
Leisha
Rating overview
Writing: ★★★
Story: ★★
Characters: ★★★

Overall: ★★★ (2.66)

~~~

I'm afraid this will be it for me and this series. I really looked forward to learning more about Tyler and Thomas but, whilst book 1 in this series was drawn out, this one tried to do far too many things in far too little space - it really seemed like Dalton wasn't sure whether to focus on BDSM, love, or drama and that made the plot incredibly difficult to follow.
Jacque
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the prequel to Love Slave for Two.

My first book from this author. This was a pretty good book. I liked the kink scenes.

Did not like Marcus, he was an ass. I was glad he was only in a short part of the book. I like that Ray and Oot have safe words and it seems they care. It was a bummer that Tyler couldn't get in a relationship with them. At least he found Thomas. They were a good match and had good chemistry.
Lillie
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Let me just say, if you plain on reading this book then plan on making an investment. Not an emotional investment. A time investment.

Much of the book is spent going over stuff that I honestly, didn't give a shit about. A lot of the book could have easily been condensed down into half of what it was and still gotten all the information across.

But This is a "Prequel" so I didn't judge it that harshly because of all the back story and such.

I judged it on HOW the writer told the story.

Even though
SATIN SUE
Jan 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dicina

I loved this story because we got to see the beginning of Tyler and Thomas as an item and how they fell in love. I also appreciated to read and learn more about their pasts, even if reading about Tyler nearly broke my heart. I felt so sad for him, what he went through, and it made me even more happy for him to have found Thomas. I was surprised to see him so submissive and fragile, I did not really like this side of him, as I prefer Alpha men, but still I enjoyed the story, I really lov
Katy Beth Mckee
I haven't read the rest of the books of the series since I actually saw the ad for this one and decided to start the series at the beginning. Because I knew this was a prequel for a latter series of story I didn't expect it to be as fleshed out or to have as much of the relationship that you would expect from the main stories in the series. This was what I expected a quick peak at the past of the characters so that you can see their development in the rest of the series. I enjoyed this book and ...more
Sue "DavinciKittie" Brown-Moore
This is a great prequel to the Love Slave For Two books, focusing mainly on Tyler and the experiences that led up to him meeting Tommy. There's some Thomas love too, but Ty definitely gets the lion's share. I'm pretty sure I spotted a couple crossover characters from Safe Harbor in the BDSM section, which was fun to see, and I especially enjoyed seeing the build up to Nevvie's entrance into their lives from the boys' point of view.

This is a definite must-read for any fan of the Love Slave For T
Pam Nelson
5 Love Slave for Two: Stars

I have read book one 2 times I believe and thought why not give this one a chance.

I am so glad I did, this tells us the story of how Tyler and Thomas meet and fall in love.

It shows us how they each come to find and love Nevvie.
It was such a great beginning of how they both struggle with who they are. Who they wanted to be and how they want to live there life.

I loved Tyler’s heart he is so guarded because of his past relationships.

And Tommy learns to trust what hi
Caroline Brand
Jul 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
Although this is the prequel in the Love Slave for Two series I read it after the first two books and I think it worked out better. This is about Tyler and Thomas and how they get together. Found I was really frustrated with Tyler having 2 marriages and was hurrying him along to meet Tommy! Loved how all the characters in the next 2 books get an introduction in this one too...I like Pete and Eddie :-)

This is a great series and I for one cant wait till the next book is out at the end of the month
Anne
I just can't give this a glowing review. I would have given it 3 stars, if the last chapter had been left off, and the story had ended without jumping forward 12 years and introducing Nevvie. The best part of the story was when Tommy and Tyler got together. Which was not the largest part of the story. So my emotions were not engaged for over the first half of the story. And the ending totally blew it. I really wouldn't recommend this to anyone.
Kelly
Dalton returns to this series and give us the prequel, and the story behind Tyler and Thomas and how they met, and go on to meet Nevie. This brings it all together and give insight that is helpful in the later books as more of their families become involved in the story. I highly recommend this series, please read from this prequel to the end if you are just beginning. It is well worth it and leaves you with a really nice sense about Dalton and this unique family she creates in this series.
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great beginning to a series. This book is mostly about Tyler and his move to America on to his life n relationships till he meets tommy. When I read character that are English I find that in my head they have an annoying really really bad snooty upper crust sound to them. The only word that really bothered me was "mate" when Tyler was talking. We don't usually say that word not like love. Other than that lovely HEA. Great start to the series.
Lindy
Nov 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like Love Slave for 2 and family matters--Beginnings is a great book and you definately need to read it. It gives another layer of understanding to the characters.. I see them in a whole new light.

With all my reviews--I do not analyze how it's written etc... I only know that I'v read it 2 times on Kindle and then had to buy it in paperback. It was a nice long read and kept me entertained and interested.

Can't wait till the next volume in this series is out
Piper
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I hadn't read any of this series before this prequel and read this as part of a GR Challenge.
I loved this book - Tommy and Tyler's background was so well written that when they started their relationship so many of their actions and feelings were self-explanatory, so I could just sit back and get carried away with the build-up and sealing of their love. I can't wait to read Book #1 - I know Naeveh is going to shake things up!
Sanet
I was pleasantly surprised with this book... Ms Dalton is one of my favorite writers and I thoroughly enjoyed this one. I had a issue here and there... but over all a good read.

I'm glad I decided to start this series with the boy's book. It has given me a good lead into the rest of the series that I will definitely be reading.
Gina (bibliobuff)
I wasn't that impressed with the two books I've read in this series, but I kinda wish I had read this prequel first (although I think it came out after the other two...why do authors do that, anyway?). It really explains the dynamics of Tyler and Tommy's relationship, and gives the reader a better idea of why Tyler has the hangups he has in the next two books.

• Submission Times Two
  • Finding Eden (Eden, #2)
  • Dead Moon Rising
  • Siren Enslaved (Texas Sirens, #3)
  • His Sub's Submissive (Club Esoteria, #1)
  • Monica's Secret (Erogenous Zones, #1)
  • Danger Zone (Hawkeye, #1)
  • Love Under Two Lawmen (Lusty, Texas #2 Lost Collection)
  • Daniel's Surrender (Worthington Group, #3)
  • Imprinted
  • Love Under Siege (Brothers in Arms #2)
  • Anna in the Middle
  • A Toy For Two (Le' Club d'Esclavage, #2)
  • Above the Dungeon (Dungeon #1)
  • Something New (Foster Siblings, #2)
  • The Scientist and the Supermodel (Genetic Attraction, #1)
  • Room at the Top (Room at the Top, #1)
  • The Perfect Union (Perfect Love Series, #1)
Lesli Richardson is the writer behind the curtain of her better-known pen name, Tymber Dalton (her "wild child" side). She lives in the Tampa Bay region of Florida with her husband, writer Jon Dalton, (aka "The World's Best Husband™") and too many pets. When she's not playing D&D with her friends or shooting skeet, she's a part-time Viking shield-maiden in training, among other pursuits. The U ...more

Love Slave For Two (6 books)
  • Love Slave for Two (Love Slave for Two, #1)
  • Family Matters  (Love Slave for Two, #2)
  • Reunions (Love Slave for Two, #3)
  • Reckoning (Love Slave for Two, #4)
  • Resilience (Love Slave for Two, #5)
  • Retribution (Love Slave for Two, #6)