Start by marking “Tales of the Otherworld (Otherworld Stories II)” as Want to Read:
Tales of the Otherworld (Otherworld Stories II)

Tales of the Otherworld (Otherworld Stories #2)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  9,344 Ratings  ·  406 Reviews
In this dazzling collection of Otherworld tales, Kelley Armstrong’s most captivating lead characters appear alongside her unforgettable supporting players, who step out of the shadows and into the light.

Have you ever wondered how lone wolf Clayton Danvers finally got bitten by the last thing he expects: love? Or how the hot-blooded bad-girl witch Eve Levine ensnared the c
Published (first published April 13th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Tales of the Otherworld, please sign up.

Sheherazahde Yes. That is covered in the novel "Dime Store Magic" when Kristof sues Paige for custody of Savanah.

We first met Savanah in "Stollen" after her…more

We first met Savanah in "Stollen" after her mother has already died trying to escape. That story ends with Paige getting custody of Savanah. (less)
Sheherazahde The story in this collection covers her leaving Kristof. She just wrote him a note and took off.

The first time we learn about Eve and Savanah in the…more

The first time we learn about Eve and Savanah in the novels is in "Stollen" where she is already dead.

Eve Levine has her own novel "Haunted" but that also takes place after she is dead. She is a recurring character in the novels, but all after she died.

The two stories in this collection are the only ones I have read so far where Eve is alive. I don't know if there are other short stories about her life after Kristof and before she died. I haven't read the rest of the anthologies yet. (less)

Kat Kennedy
Aug 01, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the Women of the Otherworld series
Recommended to Kat Kennedy by: Tatiana
This is only a review for Elena and Clay's portion of Tales of the Otherworld as I never read the series past Stolen and they were the only couple I was interested in.

In some ways, I was really glad I'd read it and in others I somewhat despaired. Beginnings is the story of how Clay and Elena met and fell in love, roughly set ten years before Bitten where they finally resolve their issues and relationship.

And that's the big problem for me. I'd always imagined, while reading Bitten, that they had
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
I'm completely gaga over The Women of the Otherworld series. It's hard to put these down - not only am I going through the novels in order (thirteen full length), but also the several novellas and anthology collections. This is the first anthology I've taken on for the series, and if they continue to be as good as this one, I'll end up enjoying these almost as much as the full-length novels. This is one of the highest recommended because it has Elena and Clay's novella where they first meet and ...more
AH
As I was reading this book, I felt like I was back with some old friends. Two summers ago, I tore through Kelley Armstrong’s Women of the Otherworld series. I love the books. I can’t get enough of my favourite characters. I want more!

I did get more. I got more Clay and Elena, more Paige and Lucas, and more of the rest of the great cast of characters that inhabit this world. This is a collection of 8 stories featuring these characters. My one and only criticism is that a few of the shorter stori
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
I ordered a signed copy of this book a few days ago with the warning that I wouldn't receive it until May and then to my surprise it came through my letter box this morning!

The Introduction explains that these stories were all previously available online on the author's website except of course the new story, Bewitched.

Rebirth - This is Aaron's story (first seen in Stolen) of how he became a vampire and how he met Cassandra (also first seen in Stolen). I found this story interesting as it exp
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed on Rabid Reads

It's been a few months since I've read a book by Kelly Armstrong but within moments of starting this one I was reminded why she's one of my all-time favorite authors. Her writing skills are top notch and her characters are so real I feel as if they're my friends. Tales of the Otherworld is a real treat for both new and old fans because it offers a peak into this series without commitment but also offers new insights into your favorite characters. There was one particular s
Luke
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rebirth
★★★☆☆
Basically, it follows Aaron as he becomes a vampire. It was enjoyable. There was a paragraph that amused me: the one where the word "sh*t" is thrown around—a lot. My only issue is that it was short, that not too much happened—apart from the "rebirth" of Aaron, that is—and I wish there was more to it. That aside, it was still a good read.

Bewitched
★★★★☆
When Eve and Kristof met . . . I'm totally on board. Eve always surprises me—I accepted that fact when I read Haunted. And Kristof sur
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads

Rebirth - How Aaron became a vampire and met Cassandra.

Bewitched - This is the story of how Eve and Kristof met and fell in love. And also the specifics concerning why she left him. Fair warning--it's as lovely as it is heartbreaking.

Birthright - Logan POV. How he joined the Pack.

Beginnings - At close to 200 pages this is closer to a short story than a novella (not that I'm complaining). It's included in the Tales of the Otherworld collection, and it is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

I'm talking OMGOMG!
Chris
The stories in this collection are mostly okay. There are two and half stand-outs, but the rest of the stories aren't bad, but just okay. However, one cannot but be joyful at the reason for this book's publication and its use in raising money.

The two stand out stories are the story of Eve and Kristof's relationship and the story of Elena and Clay up until the bit that forms the basis for the interaction in the first novel of the Otherworld series.

In many ways, Eve's story is better, the charact
Kathy Davie
Feb 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
A couple of the tales are somewhat independent; the rest fill in background on the principal characters in Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series.

Rebirth tells of Aaron's introduction to the undead life; Aaron, today, is a co-delegate on the Council with Cassandra.

Bewitched is the story of how Kristof and Eve met, their singular courtship, and why Eve left.

Birthright chronicles Logan's introduction to the Danvers Pack.

Beginnings finally gives us the background on Clay and Elena's courtship e
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
This was an awesome collection of short stories. We got some seriously good backstory on these characters. I had not realized just how long it was that Aaron and Cassandra knew each other. I hadn't realized his vampirism was hereditary, either. I liked that story.

Then, we get the story of how Eve met Kristof, loved Kristof and left Kristof. Eve is still one of my favorite characters in this series. She is awesome and Kristof solidified himself as my second favorite hero in this series. I already
  • A Fantasy Medley (Otherworld Stories, #9.2; Crown of Stars, #7.5; Realms of the Elderlings)
  • Blood Lite II: Overbite  (Otherworld Stories, #10.3)
  • My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon
  • Evolve: Vampire Stories of the New Undead
  • Dates from Hell
  • Subterranean: Tales of Dark Fantasy 2
  • By Blood We Live
  • Vampires: The Recent Undead
  • Alpha & Omega (Alpha & Omega, #0.5)
  • Inked (World of the Lupi, #5.5)
  • Blood Magic (World of the Lupi, #6)
  • Kitty Goes to War (Kitty Norville, #8)
  • The Urban Fantasy Anthology
  • The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance (Otherworld Stories)
  • Rogue (Shifters, #2)

More about Kelley Armstrong...

Otherworld Stories (6 books)
  • Men of the Otherworld (Otherworld Stories, #1)
  • Otherworld Nights (Otherworld Stories, #3)
  • Otherworld Secrets (Otherworld Stories, #4)
  • Otherworld Chills (Otherworld Stories, #5)
  • Branded
“Lavina led me to an abandoned warehouse. I think that at some point someone decreed that all clandestine meetings must be held in one. Woe to the criminal overlord who lives in a city thriving with commerce, with no empty warehouses to be found. He probably needs to build one, just to have a place to arrange late-night meetings. (Bewitched)” 13 likes