Start by marking “Zealous Love: A Practical Guide to Social Justice” as Want to Read:
Zealous Love: A Practical Guide to Social Justice

Zealous Love: A Practical Guide to Social Justice

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  86 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Zealous Love is a response to some of the world's urgent needs in light of Christ's great love. Through first-hand accounts and up-to-date facts about eight global issues, Zealous Love uniquely provides readers with the information, inspiration, and involvement they crave to personally make a difference in their world. Foreword by Eugene Peterson.
Published January 5th 2010 by Zondervan (first published December 4th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Zealous Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zealous Love

Katie
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this introduction to eight significant areas of social justice Christians should know about. The authors discuss trafficking, unclean water, refugees, hunger, education, environmental degradation, HIV/AIDS and economic inequality. This book really just gives introductory information. Each section begins with a brief section by the authors that outlines the issue and why Christians should care about it. You then hear from a number of writers about their personal experience with the issu ...more
Joy
Oct 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great introductory read to 8 key issues of injustice in our world today: human trafficking, unclean water, refugees, hunger, lack of education, creation degradation, HIV/AIDS, and economic inequality. Each issue is clearly explained & examined, then is followed by 5 - 6 personal stories from people fighting these injustices. It's educational & inspiring. It's a book you can't walk away from and do nothing. One of these areas will wreck you to the point of action, and hopefully, life is ...more
Laurie
Aug 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book is about how social justice and the Christian faith intersect. I find it inspiring to read the case studies about all the issues I care about - unclean water, hunger, care of the environment, human trafficking - and what people are doing to help. Each chapter gives resources to "get in the action" and live out our faith. Not done with the whole book yet but love it so far.
lindsay
A great overview on various ways to get involved in social justice issues. The personal stories make this book unique and I love that it directs you to resources at the end of each chapter if you want to learn more on your own. It also encourages critical thinking on each issue with the discussion questions at the end of each chapter.
Jen
Feb 17, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book includes a lot of little articles about specific ways people are helping others. I didn't take the time to read it, but recognize that it could be a good resource for someone brainstorming how to make the world a better place, looking for practical organizations to get involved with.
Deanna
Mar 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian-life
I really liked the information and colorful pictures in this book, in addition to the personal stories. One thing that puzzled me was that I felt like the author was saying that if someone doesn't recycle or protect the earth to their best ability, they are not loving God.
Jen
Jul 31, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great overview of many different ministry opportunities in the highest-need areas. A fantastic resource for those interested in getting involved in social justice ministry.
Violet
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good start to anyone who wants real life ways to get involved with social justice issues.
Jt
eye opener
Crissy Yarborough
Aug 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Very informative!
Ty Bjorklund
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book of exposure of ministries in a multitude of areas of our life.
Carol
Jun 03, 2010 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I ghost wrote a chapter in this book and actually forgot about it until I saw it in Chelsea's feed. I guess I should probably read it, right? I'll give it five stars.
Roy Goble
  • The New Friars: The Emerging Movement Serving the World's Poor
  • Follow Me to Freedom: Leading and Following As an Ordinary Radical
  • Wide Open Spaces: Beyond Paint-by-Number Christianity
  • Extreme Devotion
  • Type Idea Index: The Designer's Ultimate Tool for Choosing and Using Fonts Creatively
  • Good News About Injustice: A Witness of Courage in a Hurting World
  • The Naked Gospel: The Truth You May Never Hear in Church
  • Becoming the Answer to Our Prayers: Prayer for Ordinary Radicals
  • Take Your Best Shot: Do Something Bigger Than Yourself
  • Moments with the Savior: A Devotional Life of Christ (Moments with the Savior) (Moments with the Savior Series)
  • Western Christians in Global Mission: What's the Role of the North American Church?
  • Hitler Youth
  • Body by God: The Owner's Manual for Maximized Living
  • The New Rules of Posture: How to Sit, Stand, and Move in the Modern World
  • The Quotable Book Lover
  • Earthen Vessels: Why Our Bodies Matter To Our Faith
  • Mother Teresa
  • Eating for IBS: 175 Delicious, Nutritious, Low-Fat, Low-Residue Recipes to Stabilize the Touchiest Tummy