Start by marking “Tres deseos” as Want to Read:
Tres deseos

Tres deseos (Genies #1)

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  6,886 Ratings  ·  826 Reviews
Desde que su novio rompió con ella, Viola ha pasado los días deseando en silencio volver a tener a alguien que la quiera y, lo que es más importante, volver a ser parte de algo. Hasta que un día, sin darse cuenta, llama a un genio de otro mundo, que se quedará en el suyo hasta que la chica pida tres deseos. Genio está ansioso por regresar a su casa, pero a Viola le aterra ...more
Published May 20th 2010 by Molino (first published November 10th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Tres deseos, please sign up.
Ehlgee It was a really confusing twist because we weren't sure if Jinn turned into human because Viola was really happy by then. I just thought that maybe…moreIt was a really confusing twist because we weren't sure if Jinn turned into human because Viola was really happy by then. I just thought that maybe Jinn wouldn't come back if he ain't human. So I guess, it could be the most probable interpretation for the ending. (less)

Steph (Reviewer X)
I just...what the FUCK were they thinking when they designed the cover?

It seems to go from bad to worse in its progression from ARC to real book, frankly.
Kristi
Apr 06, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve admired Jackson as a writer before I even read her novel. And now that I’ve actually read one of her novels, the admiration continues. She’s a genius. Funny, off the wall, talented writer.

I loved Viola. I saw so much of myself in her, it was scary. Remembering how it feels to be absolutely invisible, and not even being able to see yourself clearly. Very real teen characters, dealing with even more realistic situations, you know, despite the whole magical aspect.

As You Wish is a light and
Michelle
Apr 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With well-developed characters and a unique, seamlessly-written plot, Pearce lends weight to what could be, in less deft hands, a chick-lit cliche. Instead, As You Wish is a quick, enchanting read with unexpected depth and subtle but important messages about identity, self-respect, and what it means to really belong. A fantastic book for avid and reluctant readers alike!
oliviasbooks
Reviewed on the first day of Christmas 2009: The year is almost over and, frankly, I did not expect to stumble across another perfect book. I believed my quota was full. Well, what is Christmas for, if not for miracles? 'As You Wish' is my kind of teenage urban fantasy love-story, Jinn is my kind of supernatural hero (I would have wished for him to stay as well, if I were sixteen) and Viola is the best kind of heroine (kind and funny with flaws).

The story is told in turns by Viola and Jinn, who
Hilda
Apr 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Viola Cohen wants to feel like she belongs to something bigger, someone special, someplace amazing. Ever since her boyfriend Lawrence broke up with her and announced that he’s a gay, she never feels the same anymore. She’s the Invisible Girl, the kind of girl who has a handful of close friends and many acquaintances, but doesn’t belong to anything. And now, she’s just sad all the time.

He’s a genie who comes to grant Viola’s wish. He’s good in genie standard: never breaks out rules, never gets to
Nic
Loved it! When I bought this book, I just expected a sweet and fun read which it was but it also had alot of heart. It was not only a story about love but also about belonging and self image.

It is an effortless read that I didn't want to put down. I love the dual narration, allowing us to get to know both characters thoughts and feelings as they developed a friendship which then grew into love. Viola is a likeable and realistic character, feeling broken and invisible. Watching her grow and beco
Yan
Jan 07, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! It just seems that in the short of a few days I’ve uncovered a lost treasure trove of books. As You Wish was sweet but with a touch of sadness.

Viola goes through a breakup with a best friend since childhood because, you guessed it, he’s gay! It seems that all the good man are always gay, taken, or, you know, “mythical”. She goes through a change that leaves her sad, but just lonely. She can’t find her place where she belongs, giving herself the nickname Invisible Girl. Sure everyone’s nice
Rebekah
Apr 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
TThe story was captivating and completely original. The writing was humorous in some areas and deep in others. It's on of the most perfect "light" reads ever! I wanted to read it again once I finished. I recommend this book for anyone.
Margaret Stohl
May 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I read Jackson Pearce's AS YOU WISH back to back with Malinda Lo's ASH, and I'm going to write more about what an interesting experience that was when we review the books at length next week on the Beautiful Creatures site.

Quickly, though, it's amazing how smart and how different and how completely excellent two talented twists on loosely the same genre can be. More on that to come.

Jackson Pearce is a lightning-fast genius, funny, slick, who puts very real teen characters in the midst of a rol
Alyssa
Viola’s story was one I’ve heard much about. I’ve never read genies before – but loved Aladdin! – and was curious enough to finally pick AYW up. I can’t say I’m regretting my decision, but I do have a few qualms.

I’m not sure why this was rated YA lit. In all honesty, Viola, despite being a teenager on the brink of adulthood, just seemed plain and a little young for her age. Her quest for belonging was, although one every teenager struggles, a little immature. That being said, I don’t know anybod
Ana Palitroche
Sep 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Tres deseos. Sí, al parecer he salido de mi mala racha de lecturas con este librito que me prestaron. Pues simplemente es bonico. Así no’ más. Qué bueno que me decidí a leerlo. Vale, que ya les digo las razones.

Si pudiera descubrir porqué se encasillan, podría averiguar por qué yo no lo hago, por qué me he convertido en una chica invisible. El tipo de chica que tiene unos cuantos amigos y un montón de conocidos, pero no pertenece a nada en concreto. Supongo que ser invisible es mejor que fingi
thebookblogger
Aug 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was blown away. Seriously. Jackson Pearce has written an amazing debut novel. I'm already a fan. The story is new, original, surpring, and shocking. I read it in one sitting.

The story is told from both of the main characters' points of views, Viola and Jinn, so you get an understanding of the differences between their worlds and thoughts. Most of my favorite novels are with alternating views. It's amazing to watch their relationship grow from both sides and to watch as their hidden longing for
~Tina~
Dec 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Entertaining, Amusing, Heart Warming, Brilliant. Perfect!

I can't believe how much I absolutely love this book!!
It has this over-whelming, amazing, ear-to-ear goofy grin, feel that just makes you want to curl up and read it all over again!
This was just suppose to be a random book I picked up, a chaser, to take a break from my paranormal shots. But this was so much more!

As You Wish is a beautiful story that makes you think about what really defines the real you. It takes you on a journey of self-
Nomes
I was so pleasantly surprised by this one. I got it for a light, relaxing read and therefore was not expecting something of such high quality. The writing was flawless with crisp, lovely prose. The characters were all nuanced and 3D and flawed and likeable. Pearce shows so well all their struggles and aches and feelings without ever once stepping into clichéd territory.

The romance was not an over the top paranormal love but a lovely tingly crush and blooming love. The world-building was flawless
Estefanía Álvarez
Dec 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: tengo
3.5/5 la verdad es que me ha sorprendido jeje es un poco simple, pero es bonito.
Lid
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-stars
Reseña en el blog: http://librosdelcielo.blogspot.com.es...

Hacía mucho tiempo que tenía apuntado este libro y al fin me decidí a leerlo sin ir con grandes expectativas, más que nada porque no me acordaba ni por qué quería leerlo. Nada más empezarlo me gustó, la protagonista era una chica que se jactaba de no querer pedir deseos y ser auto-suficiente -acordaos de eso-. Por otro lado Genio le daba un toque mágico y distinto a la historia. Esto hacía que todo fuera bastante ameno y ligero.

Así que
Neus
Nov 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Me apetecía algo totalmente distinto a lo que suelo leer y, la verdad, me ha gustado mucho más de lo que me esperaba. No acostumbro a dar puntuaciones altas a los chick-lit, pero este casi llega al 3'5/5.

Tres deseos es la historia de Viola, una chica invisible y desesperada por encontrar su lugar en el mundo, y Genio, un chico desesperado por cumplir sus tres deseos y largarse de vuelta a Caliban, su mundo invisible. Es un giro original al tradicional no podemos estar juntos porque somos de mun
 Tina (Fantastic Book Review)
Have you ever wanted something so bad…

What if all of a sudden you had 3 wishes to grant your heart’s desire?

Viola has been granted 3 wishes by a genie called Jinn and all she’s ever wanted was to belong. Viola soon finds herself spending a lot of time with Jinn which consequently develop into something more than friendship. With only 2 wishes left, Viola has to decide what she’s willing to do to keep Jinn in her life.

Jackson Pearce’s As You Wish is a delightfully fun story where wishes do come t
Kate
Jun 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had high hopes for As You Wish and I can safely say that Jackson Pearce did not disappoint.

As You Wish is told in alternating chapters between Viola and Jinn. Jinn by the way is the name Viola calls him but he is really a jinn and has no name. Jackson Pearce kept me hooked onto As You Wish from the first page. Viola has this fresh honest voice which I love. Her thoughts and feelings were evident and heartfelt. Reading the book in Jinn's POV gave me a good idea on how he was feeling and his in
Lamia
Okay, so you may think the synopsis looks ridiculous. You may be right. But the delivery was surprisingly well-done. I mean, don't get me wrong, this isn't a deep, insightful read with a progressive build-up of the main protagonists' relationship. But the narrator was relatable and actually learned from her mistakes, and I liked her relationship with Jinn. It was all super cute and adorable, if a bit rushed (but like I said, the tone is deliberately light so depth is not what you're looking for ...more
Parajunkee
Apr 25, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Surprise! That was the general feeling once I got hooked in this book. Bad PJ judged this book by it's cover and the silly little synopsis on the jacket...but what was I supposed to do?Both the cover and synopsis screamed candy coated teen chick lit. As You Wish while giving the impression of a shallow, quick little read, was anything but. Well, yes, it was quick, but I wouldn't call it shallow. As You Wish is a very poignant tale of a young girl struggling with her social standing and her self- ...more
Tammie
I loved the message of happiness and feeling whole coming from within oneself and not from external influences that was found in As You Wish. The romance was sweet and I got the sense that Jinn really did love Viola. I liked the way he just held her in his arms, instead of rushing into passionate kissing.

The one part where Viola tells Jinn, who doesn't sleep, that he can stay but that he can't watch her sleep all night, because that would be weird, really cracked me up and made me think of Twil
Jessica
Rating clarification: 3.5 stars

A very cute but slightly clichéd YA love story.
I don’t have much to say about this one but if you’re looking for a funny, sweet and light read, a cute romance that will make you smile and go aaaw, then this is the book for you. A perfect pastime for rainy days.
Jessica Dillon
Dec 31, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: genies, favorites
MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE ROMANCE STORY!!!
Thats all I need to say.
Except maybe, I LOVE JINN!!!
HAHA
TheBlueBookworm

Full Review | Picture taken by yours truly

The book’s plot is relatively simple. Girl meets Jinn, Jinn has to grant her three wishes and then POOF, disappear forever. Things start to get complicated when both of them starting falling for each other and realize that it’s impossible for them to actually be together because the minute she makes that last wish, he’ll disappear forever and she’ll lose any memory of him that she had.

This book was a quick light read. That’s all. Nothing more and nothin
Amelie
Jan 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Viola ist totunglücklich seit ihr Exfreund, den sie sehr geliebt hat, sich geoutet und mit ihr Schluss gemacht hat. Besonders schwer ist das, da dieser Exfreund auch ihr bester Freund ist und sie ihre Gefühle nicht einfach abstellen kann. Als sie dann auch noch einen Dschinn heraufbeschwört, weiß sie nicht so recht, was sie mit ihren drei Wünschen anfangen soll.
Drei Wünsche hast du frei ist eine wirklich tolle Fantasy Geschichte für all die Leute, die mal was zwischendurch lesen wollen =)
Der Ha
Steph Su
May 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: debs09, own, best-of-09
Sounds like the synopsis for the next Disney movie, right? Maybe—but it’s one that would appeal to both the children AND the parents. AS YOU WISH took me by surprise with its sincere charm, lighthearted humor, and the best kind of romance.

The development of Viola and Jinn’s from master-genie to romantic love was extraordinarily well done. It was subtle and likable, like a romantic comedy movie unfolding before your eyes, except in words. It seemed completely natural for them to start off wary of
Rain Misoa
Apr 25, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like romance and can handle self-absorbed attention whores.
Recommended to Rain by: Library
I am very disappointed with this book. First let me say that I love Jackson Pearce as a person. I watch her YouTube videos all the time and I think she's hilarious. I've always meant to read her books ever since I've heard of her. Unfortunately, this book doesn't do it for me. It's like every other YA novel out there... except with genies. The story was mediocre and I didn't really care for the characters. Especially Viola. Oh my God, was she annoying! She did nothing but complained about how lo ...more
Abby Johnson
Jul 31, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blogged
When Viola's best friend and boyfriend came out to her and they broke up, she felt like she would never be whole again. All she wished for was to stop being Invisible Girl and find the group where she fit in. But when a genie arrives to grant her three wishes, Viola can't decide what will make her happy. And the longer she puts off wishing, the more she grows to like Jinn. But she has to wish eventually and when she does, Jinn will leave her world forever.

I was really afraid that my expectations
Gabriela Tate ♡
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
Lei este libro hace mucho tiempo y no lo tenia marcado en Goodreads ¿Porque? ni idea.
El punto es que la protagonista no me gusto nada.
Genio si me gusto mas como personaje, a el no le gustaba estar en la tierra porque envejecia.. y eso le dio algo a la historia.
Pasa algo como que mega magico al final.
Y bueno el libro es bueno, si quieres pasar el rato, este es tu libro.
Si le pongo dos estrellas, es porque el libro no es nada memorable, los personajes no te dejan huella, y no me deja un valor sen
Buddy read time xx: As you wish 4 9 Apr 17, 2015 01:57AM
  • Beauty and the Bully
  • Coffeehouse Angel
  • The Espressologist
  • You Wish
  • The Good Ghouls' Guide to Getting Even (Beth Frasier #1)
  • Everlasting (Everlasting, #1)
  • Shrinking Violet
  • Give Up the Ghost
  • Secrets of Truth and Beauty
  • Soul Enchilada
  • A Match Made in High School
  • Stupid Cupid (Stupid Cupid, #1)
  • My Fair Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #1)
  • Dreaming Anastasia (Dreaming Anastasia, #1)
  • Sleepless
  • Sea Change
  • The Splendor Falls
  • TMI

I am not very active on Goodreads-- this is largely a placeholder account! Therefore, I do not read Goodreads mail. If you want to get in touch with me, please go here: CONTACT ME!

Jackson Pearce currently lives in Atlanta, Georgia, with a slightly cross-eyed cat and a lot of secondhand furniture. She recently graduated from the University of Georgia with a degree in English and a minor in Philosop
More about Jackson Pearce

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • Midnight Robber
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Lion of Senet (Second Sons Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • The Rules of Magic
    $11.99 $4.99
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“All I've learned in today's Shakespeare class is: Sometimes you have to fall in love with the wrong person just so you can find the right person. A more useful lesson would've been: Sometimes the right person doesn't love you back. Or sometimes the right person is gay. Or sometimes you just aren't the right person.
Thanks for nothing, Shakespeare.”
110 likes
“Mortals always want something more- they wish for money, but what they're really after is to be carefree. Power when what they really want is control. Beauty when they want love. Sometimes they know it, sometimes they don't” 40 likes