Start by marking “Born to Be Wilde (Wilde Series, #4)” as Want to Read:
Born to Be Wilde (Wilde Series, #4)

Born to Be Wilde (Wilde #4)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  1,093 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
Ex-marine turned security specialist Joel Wilde thrives on the high-wire thrills that come with his job. And he isn't about to give all that up to settle down-not even with a sexy woman like Lora Marshall. Which means that while he's protecting her from a violent gang, he'll need to set a few ground rules to keep things professional. Good thing he's always been a rule-brea ...more
Mass Market Paperback, First Edition, 368 pages
Published September 4th 2007 by Berkley (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Born to Be Wilde, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Born to Be Wilde

Linda Strong
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
Ex-Marine turned security specialist Joel Wilde receives a call from a Marine buddy he hasn’t talked to in several years. Zach is a gambling addict and he is in big trouble. He borrowed money from a loan shark and now they are threatening to go after his sister if he doesn’t pay up. Zach saved Joel’s life once and now it’s time to repay the favor by protecting his sister until Zach finds a way to pay back the money.

Joel hadn’t counted on Lora Marshall being such a beautiful, sexy person that she
Jessica Alcazar
Dec 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME doesn't even begin to describe this book! TWO love stories in one and they were BOTH awesome. I am looking forward to more from this series!
Lesley Book Lover
An ok read.
Apr 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
I think this is my favorite of all of the series thus far. I adore Joel and his messed up emotional state. Lora is just what he needs too! I also loved the side story of Daniel and Sydney.

My only complaint with this series is that the author tends to confuse her characters. It's as simple as calling one character by another character's name. It happens in at least 2 of the books. And it should have been something that was caught in editing. Otherwise, I am really enjoying the series.
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG this was so goooooood

Even though it was Joel's story, I really loved that it included Sydney's story. Joel and Sydney are so alike, I'm so glad Lora and
Daniel gave them time. Even though they were feeling hopeless. I'm like tearing up because I finished the book and it was SOOOOOO good. It's a read you won't regret.
Melanie Marnell
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Joel is sex on a stick gorgeous but he's a loner keeping his emtioal distance from everyone oncluding his family. He leads a fast paced risky lifestyle because of his security business. When an old friend from his Marine Corps calls to as a favor, protect his sister, joel doesnt hesitate. Afterall the man saved his life.

Lora, a masseuse by day and a bar waitress at night, leads a pretty busy but mundane life. That is until Joel begins showing up nightly and asking for her as his server. He's dar
Princess Thuy
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read this book years ago before I started reviewing my reads so I decided I wanted to reread this story and write a review this time but first let me tell you what I loved most about this story. There are two love stories in this book. The main love story is between Joel Wilde and Lora Marshall. Joel was asked to protect Lora from her brother's loan shark who is after her to collect on her brother's debt. The chemistry between Joel and Lora is hot and poor Joel is trying to keep everything ...more
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was ok
I was so extraordinarily disappointed in the author. I have read many a book by Janelle Denison and she has always been literate. I could not believe the number of typos, spelling errors, incorrect homonyms etc. Looks to me like an unedited first draft was shoved into print. I don't think the author ev en proof read her own story. In one paragraph his button fly jeans are being unbuttoned and 2 paragraphs later he is zipping up his jeans.

My father was a compulsive gambler and some parts of this
Dec 16, 2013 rated it liked it

Ex-Marine turned security specialist Joel Wilde thrives on the high-wire thrills that come with his job. And he isn’t about to give all that up to settle down – - not even with a sexy woman like Lora Marshall. Which means that while he’s protecting her from a violent gang, he’ll need to set a few ground rules to keep things professional. Good thing he’s always been a rule-breaker at heart.

Bought the first book and wanted to read t
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book is more like 2.5 stars to be fair. I enjoyed the side story going on a lot more than the main characters story. Sure they had chemistry, but their issues just seemed silly. There just wasn't really anything stopping them from being together except that the guy thought it would be bad. The side story on the otherhand did a much better job of conveying the emotional issues the woman needed to overcome to be happy. Overall I wasn't too impressed. I got this book in the Sinfully Sweet pack ...more
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
ok. This was another of the same type of book. I decided to plow through this series, but I think I am going to take a cheesy paranormal break.

Again, this story is highly descriptive with all the actions & reasonings behind the actions. It was good, but I can't add anything new and interesting from what I said about the other books. I may have liked this a little more than the last book, but not enough to change the rating.

It's a good read & worth it, but if you read fast like me, it ma
Jun 08, 2012 rated it liked it
i really enjoyed this book and it was rather funny because i only bought it as i had time to kill and thought it looked ok. I obviously didn't know it was number 8 of a series. That being said the book read just fine as a stand alone book and obviously leads into ben's story. I will be going back to read 1-7 now and then moving onto bens. I think i am now hocked. This was an easy read with a story line that flowed well, we also has the side stpry line of sydney and daniel which was just as good ...more
Black Butterfly
May 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All Romance Readers
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: AMAZON
Shelves: romance, erotica
Dee Cash
Not What I expected

Borne to be Wilde wasn't a mystery at all. The only action was sexual and there was plenty of that.. I have nothing against sex at all but I don"t care to read a book that is a total sex scene from beginning to end. There were also a tremendous amount of errors, mainly the use of incorrect forms of words. I really miss the use of proofreaders. It is difficult to read a book when you're trying to figure out what an author is trying to say "literally".
May 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
I generally like it when an author gives us not just one but TWO love stories in one book (and not an anthology). The extra bonus of Sydney & Daniel was nice, even though if I had read a book with just Sydney as the only heroine I probably wouldn't have finished it. Joel & Lora were a good couple, even if I didn't fall in love with them or their chemistry.
Sep 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
Story was ok. Didn't really ever get that sense of connection with the main characters, which is why I think I don't have strong feelings for the story. In fact, I was more interested in the supporting characters, specifically Sydney and Daniel.

In the future I would give another Denison book a chance to wow me.
May 12, 2008 rated it it was ok
This one was okay...I think I figured out why I can't love Janelle completely....

She is used to writing Anthology stories that have to start and end fairly quickly and the sexual tension can't be drawn out too long. I think in these regular novels she needs to slow down a bit and not have the nookie start soooo soon. There is my two cents....
Jul 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Born To Be Wilde

I enjoyed reading this book. It had some suspense and mystery along with romance. Further, it had the wounded hero in the main character's relationship with a wounded heroine in the secondary characters. Both with HEA's. I look forward to reading more books in this series and from this author.
Sep 04, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Another Wilde read -- this one is about Joel and is very good! Joel must protect former military buddy's (Zach Marshall) sister, Lora from thugs who want their money back. It seems that Zach used a life insurance policy for Lora as collateral on a loan to gamble.

There is also a great sidebar story on Lora's friend Sydney and her daughter Cassie.

Jan 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
Not too much to this book besides sexual chemistry, tension, and love scenes. I thought there would be a little more suspense to go along with the romance, but I guess I was wrong. The characters were well-developed and and I enjoyed the setting, but I was just hoping for more action or drama concerning the men who were after Lora and her life insuranc policy.
Jan 02, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a good read. I enjoyed it although it was a bit predictable. I loved the secondary stories especially about Sydney and her daughter, it enabled an expansion of the story and the roughage so to speak which was really welcomed. Not entirely tempted to read the other books in the series as I expect their predictability culminated in this version.
Crystal Yawn
May 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
This Wilde book should be 2 stories. You have Lora and Joel then you have several chapters dedicated to Sydney and Daniel. Becomes a bit confusing and annoying. I would have gave Lora's story 5 stars if it was just her story. I think Sydney's story was worthy of a short book on it's own.
Aug 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Could have used like one more sex scene. Also, on the BIKE--come on.
Thought that Joel's mommy issues could have been a little more complicated/ were too easy to pin all his problems on. Maybe he could have had those plus PTSD or something.
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it

Even though this is the 4th book in the series, it's my first time reading a book from the author. I loved that there was spice, action, romance, and some funny parts. All I have to say is I want a marine!!!
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good story line

This was a well written story. I enjoyed the story line and the characters. First time reading this author will definitely be reading more of her stories.
May 11, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was okay a little wordy, but good story.
sherry andrews
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Born to Be Wilde

I enjoyed this book very much. I'm looking forward to reading more from of this series. A very good and entertaining writer.
Melody Goeken
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

My first read in this series and now I'm totally sucked in. Characters are robust and there is enough angst and Alpha men to keep you swiping each page.
Apr 14, 2011 rated it liked it
Very easy romance to read, and while kinda predictable for the HEA ending it was nice.
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
Oct 27, 2014 marked it as own-under-diff-title-or  ·  review of another edition
The Wilde Series: Set of 3 Full Length Novels
  • Bad Boys To Go (Watson Brothers, #2; Wilde Series, #1.2)
  • Willing
  • The Red Diary
  • Under the Wire (The Bodyguards, #5)
  • Perfect Weapon
  • Bearing All (Wild Men of Alaska, #4)
  • Strong and Sexy (Sky High Air, #2)
  • Strong, Sleek and Sinful (FBI #3)
  • Sighs Matter
  • Last Chance to Run  (Slye Temp #0.5)
  • Going Overboard (SEAL and Code Name, #2)
  • Hello, Doggy! (Guys & Dogs, #3)
It’s hard for me to imagine that I’ve been writing romances for over twenty years now! I started at the young age of 21, just after I got married. Reading romances, and then writing them, came about as a result of having too much time on my hands. When I first married my husband Don, I was working a regular nine to five job and he worked swing shift, from four in the afternoon until midnight. It w ...more
More about Janelle Denison...

Wilde (5 books)
  • Wilde Thing (Wilde Series, #1)
  • The Wilde Side (Wilde Series, #2)
  • Too Wilde to Tame (Wilde Series, #3)
  • Wild for Him (Wilde Series, #5)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dance with Me (Rice, Luanne)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)