Start by marking “Are You My Type, Am I Yours? Relationships Made Easy Through the Enneagram” as Want to Read:
Are You My Type, Am I Yours? Relationships Made Easy Through the Enneagram

Are You My Type, Am I Yours? Relationships Made Easy Through the Enneagram

Don't just love 'em and leave 'em—explore the nine personality types and find the lover, soul mate, partner, or colleague who's your perfect match! The authors of the popular Enneagram Made Easy takes a wonderfully witty approach to relationships with this fascinating guide to the Enneagram types and how they relate to one another.

The Enneagram, a renowned personality typi
Published September 15th 1995 by HarperOne

Be the first to ask a question about Are You My Type, Am I Yours? Relationships Made Easy Through the Enneagram

Book Riot Community
Many books about the Enneagram personality typing system focus on self-understanding and personal growth, but few focus on how the Enneagram can help people of differing personality types get along. This easy-to-read cartoon-illustrated book goes into detail about what every type likes and dislikes about every other type, which types are most likely to pair up in romantic relationships, and how partners, friends, and coworkers can best support people of different types. It also explores how the ...more
Amanda
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Like the previous title by the same authors, this is a good book if you don't expect too much. There is some repeated information from the other book, mainly for figuring out your number if you're still uncertain, but the emphasis is definitely on how each number relates to another. The relationship examples seem to be predominantly relevant to romantic relationships, but any close relationship could benefit as well. I found the information about common traits in relationships between numbers he ...more
Brad VanSickle
Mar 03, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoy reading about personality types and theories and a friend recommended I check out this book. I had never heard of the Enneagram model for personalities before and after reading this I found it to be a little bit disappointing. Each type is vague and overlaps quite a bit with the other types and they give you lots of wiggle room to fit into each one. It felt more like a choose your own adventure of personalities. There is no scientific basis for any of it. That being said, I'm not sure ma ...more
Carley Blank
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In my never ending endeavor to become a people-person, this basic guide of some complex concepts has been instrumental in learning how to relate with people who aren’t like me.
Amy Jarecki
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
This book is an excellent tool for authors. I have used it to help define my characters in my last four manuscripts, and it has helped me "get to know" them before I write the first word.

Are You My Type, Am I Yours is a psychology book that contains nine basic personality types. It details the best and worst attribute of each type, gives a personality inventory and talks about social and relational characteristics. One of the things I like best is at the end of each personality description, it
Jun 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I got to meet one of the authors when she came to my clinical book club. Cool! I'm finding that the more books I sample on the enneagram the better handle I get about what it is and the potential for illumination that it provides. This book was particularly interesting b/c it talks about what each number type is looking for in relationship and hits on how different ppl of different numbers interact when in relationship. Especially interesting are the appendixes that correlate the Myers-Briggs ty ...more
Kate
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Are You My Type? is an illustrated guide to using the Enneagram to better understand relationship dynamics. It covers the basics of the nine personality types, details of how all the types interact with each other, and correlations between the Enneagram and Myers-Briggs. Continue reading this review here.
Jun 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I generally prefer the more conceptual writing on the subject, but this was a lot of fun to read! And, it does give some good advice on how different personality types can better get along with each other.
KC
Jun 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Great basic/introductory Enneagram book. Easy to read and look up.
Pro
Jan 29, 2009 added it
5/15/2007
Timamu
Jan 19, 2010 added it
Learning how to communicate with others. Understanding your own personality type, and adopting an effective system to build or enhance personal and business relationships....
Wendy
Mar 26, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: enneagram
Somewhat simplified, this book helped me see interpersonal connections between the types and provided some useful tips for making relationships smoother.
Alasdair Plambeck
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Awesome introduction to the Enneagram framework.
Dioscita
Jan 05, 2008 rated it really liked it
A bit of cheeseball to it, I still like this book and refer to it often. It's great for when people need some "Enneagram Lite" explanations. Plus the drawings are cute.
Leigh Kramer
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic basic resource comparing how each Enneagram type pairing gets along.
Sylvester
Feb 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Essential Enneagram
  • Understanding the Enneagram: The Practical Guide to Personality Types
  • The Enneagram in Love and Work: Understanding Your Intimate and Business Relationships
  • The Spiritual Dimension of the Enneagram: Nine Faces of the Soul
  • Discovering the Enneagram: An Ancient Tool a New Spiritual Journey
  • Facets of Unity: The Enneagram of Holy Ideas
  • Personality Type
  • Art Journal Courage: Fearless Mixed Media Techniques for Journaling Bravely
  • Wired for Dating: How Understanding Neurobiology and Attachment Style Can Help You Find Your Ideal Mate
  • The Enneagram of Parenting: The 9 Types of Children and How to Raise Them Successfully
  • Manufacturing Depression: The Secret History of a Modern Disease
  • The Evolving Self: Problem and Process in Human Development
  • The Mind Gym: Relationships (The Mind Gym)
  • وحدي مع الأيام
  • Character and Neurosis: An Integrative View
  • 4 Weeks to an Organized Life with Ad/HD
  • Immaculate Deception II: Myth, Magic and Birth
  • The Non-Designer's Web Book
Renee Baron, a writer and therapist who uses the Enneagram in her counseling practice, she is the author of The Enneagram Made Easy: Discover the Nine Types of People. She lives in Berkeley, CA.