Start by marking “The Seer” as Want to Read:
The Seer

The Seer

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  580 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
Join James Goll on an exciting and insightful journey into the visionary world of "The Seer!" on audio CD. The prophetic movements in church history and in contemporary life are fed by two mighty streams: the prophet, whose revelation is primarily verbal, and the seer, whose revelation is more visionary in nature. You will discover the prophetic power of dreams, visions, a ...more
Published January 1st 2005 by Destiny Image

To ask other readers questions about The Seer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Seer

Genre Studies/ Period 3
October 29th, 2013

Book Review

PARAGRAPH 1:
This book has no problems but it does teach you right from wrong. There are a few chapters which really are crazy to read and i had to read those chapters twice to get the full meaning of what it really meant. It will stretch you to a place were you wont know what to do with yourself . It would be an awesome book that I would recommend others to read. As a christian I would take time to soak and pray befor
Irene
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It took me a few times to get through this book. I had to keep putting it down, letting a few weeks/months lapse, then start again. When I did finally get through it this time around, it was definitely worth the struggle. When I say struggle, it's not in the sense that it wasn't readable or unenjoyable, but more in the sense that it's so full of meat. This is not a quick read; the book is so full of deep information that taking bite-size pieces of this book is the only way I was able to absorb i ...more
Michael
Sep 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
every time I picked up this book I read some serious insights while at the same time laughing out loud at what the Holy Spirit was doing in me as I related to the ideas. cant with integrity give it five stars because im not really sure how to account for all of the content, because I was overwhelmed again and again with how my spirit related to the process of what was being revealed. thoroughly enjoyable book, a rare one in that I will read it at least a second time.
Gerald
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing read! Most of what I have read about the Prophetic Ministry was from Rick Joyner. This was an intesting and refreshing approach to the subject. I learned the difference between a Seer and a Prophet.
And I also found in this book an explanation to some experiences I have that I couldn't otherwise explain.
Excellent book. Highly recommended.
Patricia Fuller
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Must Read for the Disciple

I do not turn to many books when I am seeking to understand my purpose in life. I don't want to have just book or head knowledge only; I want practical application. Enter "The Seer." This book has changed my life! I'm a "seasoned Christian". I have served in ministry for some time. This book is great for the newbie and the seasoned prophet. It has helped me to see that I am different for a reason and why that is. And the devotionals are effective in reinforcing the le
Talisha Walton
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book even if you're not an actual seer. This book explains so many other things in detail. I personally believe as a Christian, we all have the ability to see, we all just don't have the faith that we can. Here lies a problem because a lot have seen things in the spirit, but have dismissed as their imagination. Whether you have the ability to see or lack faith that you can, this book will still be helpful because being knowledgeable about the seers anointing, is rewarding ...more
Cheryl
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about the prophetic power of visions, dreams, and open heavens (the subtitle).

The Seer is the most thorough and uncompromising look into this subject that I have ever seen. No need to be afraid of this topic either, as the author includes plenty of safeguards, tests and cautions.

The author starts out by defining terms (including the difference between seer and prophet), includes information on spiritual discernment, and goes into great detail on all sorts of prophetic experiences in
Sandiie
The Ending of This Book So Amazing. One Chapter From This Book That Called Levels Of Super Natural Visions Really Hits The Spot. It Talks About How Visions Happen. When I First Started Reading The Chapter, It Really Was Telling Me How People Vision While Awake Or While People Are A Sleep. In 1 Corinthians 6:19 It Say That Our Bodies Are Temples Of Our House Which Could Mean The Church Or Building You Go To Have A Church Service In.

I loved how this book really described the meaning of how to see
Kimwa
Jan 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book was the most valuable and spiritually helpful book (other than the Bible, of course) that I read this past year. It really helped me to discover my role in my relationship with the Holy Spirit and God's purpose for me. Thanks Ben!! I took a little break from finishing it, so I'm picking back up where I left off.
Katie
Nov 23, 2015 rated it did not like it
I liked 80% of the book but the last section was focused on Catholic mystical and contemplative sources of connecting with the Holy Spirit. It is confusing to me how someone who is teaching on the biblical gifts would then in the end promote contemplative and mystical/catholic christianity. These ways of "connecting" with Christ are not biblical. Just not my style.
Melissa
May 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-living
There is some parts in this book that were 3 stars, but the amount of practical, applicable, and most importantly biblical information towards the gifts of prophecy and discerning of spirits make this book worth reading for those who tend to see into the spirit realm. I really appreciated that he spent time on the gift of discernment instead of just focusing on the prophetic.
Suzanne
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gained a lot of insight from this book. It provides a lot of scripture and examples from the bible and personal experiences in our present time. Its worth reading over and over as your faith deepens.
Sherline
Jul 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Book explains differest streams of the prophetic with many historical and biblical examples that shed light on it's purpose for the present day prophet and phrophetess. Highly recommended for those trying to understand their gifting.
Joyce Stewart
Jun 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the overview of this book. It gives you a basic format of how the prophetic, seer and dreamer gifts operate.

I would have love to see this author create an encyclopedia versus this small edible version.

Perhaps, I will keep on the lookout for more indepth knowledge from him.
Mary West
Jul 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Really incredible...helps if you have dreams and visions and need some Biblical clarity on what you're seeing. Jim really combs through Scripture pulling out all the references to any color or type of dream or vision. It's a good read for anyone.
Brandi McPeak
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was chock full of incredible information for the seer / prophet. I have looked high and low and was divinely brought to this book. The author provides plenty of biblical backup for your researching pleasure! Enjoy!
Teresa Odden
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are interesting in understanding prophets, seers, dreams, and vision from a Biblical perspective you will not be disappointed in this resource. I refer to it many times. It stays in my e-books as a continual reference.
Kristy Lantang
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I believe i have a gift too, to see spiritual things, and I'm thankful for that. I pray that someday God may give me the wisdom to interpret the visions that i've been seeing every night, so i can pray for specific people.
Connie Batesole
A must for prophetic folks, which is everyone:) A great reference book also.
Leslie Yong
Sep 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
this is an interesting and insightful book- worth reading and basic understanding for those who would like to pursue the prophetic ministry...
Tabitha
I've read it before --- reading the NEW, EXPANDED edition :) I have read several of Jim Goll's books.
Anna Fajardo
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
A wealth of information. Definitely going to keep this book for reference.
Joan
Jul 11, 2016 added it
Shelves: just-finished
Read in a couple days. Will review a few sections. Made sense.
Sara
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
I read this book a few years ago and it really helped to clarify my spiritual gifting and calling. Highly recommend!!!
Annamarie Mckoy
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Awesome for those who are walking in the Prophetic with mostly visionary. A discovering the powers of dreams, visions and life under the open heavens.
Amanda
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Helped with understanding my dreams and visions a lot. In a Biblical knowledge! Which I loved.
TG Barnes
Feb 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book gave great insight into the spiritual realm of discernment and shed light on the history of the understanding of such gifts. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to learn the basics.
Shi Hui
Dec 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ministry-prayer
A lot of concepts to learn. Need to study it and slowly go through
Zandra
Aug 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Jim Golls teaching about the call of a seer and how to operate in purity with this gifting of the Holy Spirit.
Nikki Waltrowski
Great book on explaining prophecy, visions, and dreams. I learned a lot. It was very interesting.
  • Basic Training for the Prophetic Ministry: A Call to Spiritual Warfare - Manual
  • Growing in the Prophetic
  • The Happy Intercessor
  • The Hidden Power of Prayer and Fasting
  • Face to Face with God: Transform Your Life with His Daily Presence
  • The Three Battlegrounds: An In-Depth View of the Three Arenas of Spiritual Warfare: The Mind, the Church and the Heavenly Places
  • Experiencing God Through Prayer
  • The Call (Final Quest, #2)
  • Developing Your Prophetic Gifting
  • Needless Casualties of War
  • Intercessory Prayer: How God Can Use Your Prayers to Move Heaven & Earth
  • The Essential Guide To Healing
  • The Worship Warrior
  • Release of the Spirit: The Breaking of the Outward Man for
  • Power Healing
  • Blessing or Curse: You Can Choose: Freedom from Pressures You Thought You Had to Live With
  • The School of the Seers: A Practical Guide on How to See in the Unseen Realm

“Elisha was a man of vision, a man of revelation, and he never let go of it. What about you? I don’t know what prophetic promise the Lord may have spoken to you. As Christians, we have the biblical promises as well as the current-day revelatory words that are spoken into each of our lives, which come in a multiplicity of manners. Sometimes they come by the quiet, still witness of the Spirit; at other times, through dreams or visions. They may come from God directly to you or through someone speaking to you what they have received from God. Whatever the case, don’t cast away your dream, for it will have a great reward. Don’t take off your dream coat in the presence of your enemy. Keep the vision God has given you before your eyes. Vision is a power that sustains a people.” 1 likes
“without prophecy, without divine revelation or vision, people will cast off all restraint. They will run wild because they have no guidance—no vision. The Word of God—His law—provides vision and guidance for living, and those who follow it are blessed. All people need a vision to sustain them in life.” 0 likes