Start by marking “Connect The Dots” as Want to Read:
Connect The Dots

Connect The Dots

What ties the 20 true-life protagonists of the book together is that they are all entrepreneurs - but without the much coveted MBA degree. Written in conversational form, the book is divided into three sections - Jugaad, Junoon and Zubaan. The author speaks to people from different parts of the country who have carved a niche for themselves in different areas of business.J ...more
Published April 14th 2010 by Eklavya Education Foundation

To ask other readers questions about Connect The Dots, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Connect The Dots

Start your review of Connect The Dots
Shweta  Bharati
Feb 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Amazing book! Umm...okay, take that back! Wonderful! Nah, take that back,too. How about one which gives you "air time" and rushes adrenaline through your endocrine system. Yep, that's it!

And, what's nice about the book is that it gives a sense of reality (maybe, only for Indians) yet thrilling. You see their ventures still flourishing and with new targets set. 20 entrepreneurs with 20 different unique tales and passions and with different vision. One can feel the labor of Rashmi Bansal in carryi
Poonam
Aug 24, 2010 rated it liked it
People who ask me, 'Do I like 'Rashmi Bansal's books?' I have a pat answer - What's there to like and not to like? This book is not about narrative or writing style or any other literary or creative pursuits. It is simply a factual story of entrepreneurs made it. So, solely for the content, the inspiring stories of some real-life heroes I recommend this book.

Some of the protagonists/entrepreneurs covered in the book couldn't speak English and spoke broken Hindi. Rashmi has narrated them as is, I
Prashant
Nov 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book is very different from Bansal's first book Stay Hungry Stay Foolish which has the stories of IIM Ahmedabad alumni turned entrepreneurs. Almost all the entrepreneurs from this elite college mentioned that they knew in the back of their minds that they always had the option of going back to their jobs. After-all they had a management degree from the best college in India.

On the other side Connect the dots is the story of those who did not have the luxury of going back to any steady job.
Ravi Prakash
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got to read this book during a 400 km trip. The trip was not very well though, but the book I had filled me with immense joy and optimism. This book is so full of enthusiasm that it can explode your conscience with passion.

I finished this book in a day. You can imagine how overwhelmed I might have been. This book comprises 20 stories of 20 successful enterpreneurs. Every story is quite capable to boost your confidence. This is a must read book for anyone who wants to do something big or diffe
Bharathy
Jan 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
“You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust… in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life” - Steve Jobs

I have read the Tamil version of the book published by Ananda Vikatan. It was good & highly inspiring.

It tells the stories of courage, determination and inspiration of 20 people from different backgrounds who chose to become entrepre
Rachana
Apr 22, 2011 rated it it was ok
This book is not at all about the writing style or the author.
this book should be read for the stories narrated, the content of the story and not the way it is narrated. It is for drawing inspiration, getting motivated and not for entertaining yourself.
Aditya Kumar
Sep 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Must read for people who want to be entrepreneurs. 20 different stories but had one thing common, its all in your hand.
Dhiran
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Being successful is often about being able find the way, about being able to connect the dots between a problem and a solution. Connect the Dots is a great read about 20 entrepreneurs passionate about their ideas and motivated enough to see them through successfully from scratch, with no formal training or expertise in the field of choice, a lot of out of the box thinking and learning on field, literally connecting the dots to achieve the desired outcomes.
#LoveToRead #BookLovers #dntjbookclub #s
Manik and Sayee |favbookshelf
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read this book 5 - 6 years back and found it very inspiring and motivating. This was my first non-fiction book. I really liked the basic idea behind the book, where biographical experiences of 20 entrepreneurs were shared, who dared to make their make own path. I also liked the section in which business advice was given to the young entrepreneurs to help them succeed.
If you want to get inspired and encouraged, you should read this book.
Shabin Sajan
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Its an inspiring book with 20 successful stories of Indian Entrepreneurs which will also motivates the current generation to follow their passion and make their dream come true. I will be really looking forward to read Rashmi Bansal's other books too.
Debarghya Paul
An essentially entrepreneurship book about 20 individuals who goes onto create their own legacy inspite of apparently insurmountable odds.

The book is divided into 3 parts "Jugaad" "Junoon" and "Zubaan". Each of these sections talks about individuals who essentially creates their own identity by their sheer tenacity to learn through observations, create through passion and artists who create their own platform to express themselves. All of them are sans any fancy degree or backed by strong finan
Jay Naik
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
In compare to 'Stay Hungry Stay Foolish' this book didn't bore at the end,
Actually it was better than that.
If you read it all the book shows off all types of people, passions and crazy decisions.
More wide and colorful than 'SHSF' because except for quickly grabbing a market opportunity they all started off with their passion without any VC and paved their way into making money out of it even though that wasn't the plan for most of them.
But at the end of most of the stories it kind of bores a lit
Madhumitha
Jan 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: inspirational
"Connect the Dots" is a very inspiring book and it does motivate the little entrepreneur in you. The best part is it covers stories about India-based entrepreneurs from varied fields - be it automobiles, inverters, restaurants, t-shirts, beauty products, agriculture, education, theater, photography, books.. and the list goes on.. Most of them are well-known brands and you would be surprised to know the stories behind these creative ideas. A must-read book for anyone who is simple and wants to ma ...more
Purnima
Jun 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I choose to rate this book as 4/5, not for the writing style, but for the content. It was amazing piece of work introducing 20 entrepreneurs in India, who didn't have formal education in business management. It's an awe inspiring book, makes one to sit and keep turning the pages to know more and more about the "my life, my way" attitude.

There hasn't been a contemporary book in past, which has excited me as this book has.
Ankita Gavel
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is not a book but is, indeed, an eye opener for all those who have lost all their hopes, tangled in difficult circumstances & suffering from huge losses.
Really loved reading the book. Such inspiring stories from common people is so great to hear! It will surely inspire other ordinary people to rise up and struggle to live a prosperous & beautiful life! :)
Pranav
Oct 07, 2012 added it
Amazing people and their journey to become successful in their paths of entrepreneurship.
Nihar
Feb 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
N amazing book of rashmi bansal
Sushobhan
Jul 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
full of motivation... battery king to FMCG...
Nipun Jain
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspirational stories of people who struggled and grab the opportunities by connecting the dots. By reading it one feels like i have lot more to do in life
May 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: finished
Book Name : Connect the Dots

Author : Rashmi Bansal

Blurb/Theme : Connect the Dots tells us the story of people who trusted in themselves and grew to be truly inspirational success stories. The title of the book is inspired by Apple founder, Steve Jobs' commencement speech given at Stanford University in 2005. In his speech, Jobs said, 'You can't connect the dots by looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust in something...your gut, destiny, life, karma...'
Prabhat  sharma
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: completed
Connect the Dots- by Rashmi Bansal- This is the third Book first- Stay Hungry Stay Foolish, Second I have a Dream by the best selling author. In this Book she has interviewed 20 resource persons who think out of the box and have succeeded. Prem Ganpathy- Dosa Plaza, Kunver Sachdev- Su-kam, Ganesh Ram- Vita, Sunitha Ramnathkar- Fem, M Mahadevan Oriental Cuisine, Hanumant Gaekwad- BVG India, Ranjiv Ramchandani- Tantra, Suresh Kamath- Laser soft, Raghu Khanna-Cashudrive, R Sriram- Crossroads, Saura ...more
Rajasuba
Dec 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Good book. Really loved Rashmi's way of narrating the story. It's simple and elegant. Among the entrepreneurs,

1. Kalyan's (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalyan_...) story - a software engineer turning into a wildlife photographer - the way he looked at wild life photography is incredibly amazing

and

2. Chetan Maini's craze on electronics and his passion which led him to pursue the dream of producing an electric car is stunning and here is his advice to young entrepreneurs which I liked the most,

Y
Nitin Gupta
Jun 24, 2019 rated it liked it
This was my first book by an Indian writer and i have a mixed feeling about it. The book is filled with use of Hindi words, Hindi slang and Hindi sentences which in some cases beautifully captures the actual conversation and thus keeps the authenticity to it.
Like in the case of "Dosa plaza" where the owner, who is from south India, speaks a broken Hindi and to read the exact same words and the exact tone that he spoke in, makes you feel that connection with the story. You can very quickly get t
Himanshu Jeswani
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
"You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards."
A book with inspiring stories of 20 entrepreneurs without an MBA who dared to find their own path, who managed to excel in their startups through JUGAAD, JUNOON & ZUBAAN,who were driven by Dream, Passion and willing to do something different.
The Author has beautifully narrated the startup stories and their entrepreneurial journeys Written in conversational form. Some well-known startups like Dosa Plaza,
Prachi
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The book is a collection of 20 successful individuals recounting their life experience as entrepreneurs. Not just for the aspiring entrepreneurs but the book renders great inspirational message to every person in general to delve deeper to find the meaning of their lives and spearhead their lives by their own conviction and persistence towards life goals.Written using the most generalized terms and progressive narration the book is an easy glide through some of the technicalities of business and ...more
Kartik Sharma
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
20 Humans doing what they love and loving what they do.

For all the millennials those who are passionate and obsessed with there dreams and are willing to do what they really want to do, this book is for you.
This book will motivate you follow your dreams no matter what may come your way because one day when it's your last day and you're lying waiting for death, you will regret not doing all those things that you really wanted to do in your life but somehow allowed society pressure to overpower y
Swati
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was amazing and quite inspirational to read about stories of 20 Indian entrepreneures starting their businesses from scratch making them successful. However, the writing style of the author was a bit annoying to me at times. Quotes aside, the articulation and vocabulary is clearly targeted towards Indian audience only. Apart from that, it was a nice read overall and I got to know stories behind some of the businesses I love so much.
Mayank Joshi
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Storytelling in this book is so engrossing! It seems as if the entrepreneurs are talking in front of you! The characters chosen and positioning them is done in such a scientific way. Precise and attractive...

Very inspiring to know about the persons who have struggled in their life to be on top where they are now. They don't have MBA degree but have fulfilled their dreams. Nice read for the inspiring entrepreneur. Will go for the other books by Rashmi.
Megana Ganapathiraju
Book is the Collection of real life stories of entrepreneurs. It explains in detail where they have done mistakes or how they managed themselves to go through the situations in making their company stand up in a good position.
Best book for aspirants of MBA and entrepreneurs. We can learn how to handle the situations and how our attitude should be towards the growth.
Rashmi Bansal has done very good job in collecting the personal experiences of all of them.
Vijaya Bharthi
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
An informative read on enterpueners who go on to follow their heart, passion to do something which they like to and succeed to turn things around eventually.
One common thread in all the stories is that no matter what happened, no matter how many hurdles and failures these people faced, they didn't back down.
They say that a wise man always learns from other's experiences.
This book has some of those experiences.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Five Point Someone: What Not to Do at IIT
  • How I Braved Anu Aunty & Co-Founded A Million Dollar Company
  • The 3 Mistakes of My Life
  • 2 States: The Story of My Marriage
  • Wings of Fire: An Autobiography
  • It Happened In India: The Story of Pantaloons, Big Bazaar, Central and the Great Indian Consumer
  • Ignited Minds: Unleashing the Power Within India
  • The Immortals of Meluha (Shiva Trilogy, #1)
  • You Can Win: A Step by Step Tool for Top Achievers
  • The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams and Reaching Your Destiny
  • One Night at the Call Center
  • I Too Had a Love Story
  • If God Was a Banker
  • Wise and Otherwise
  • Revolution 2020: Love, Corruption, Ambition
  • The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
  • Half Girlfriend
  • The Mother I Never Knew: Two Novellas
Rashmi Bansal is a writer, entrepreneur and youth expert.She is the author of two bestselling books on entrepreneurship. ‘Stay Hungry Stay Foolish’ features the stories of 25 MBAs who left lucrative jobs to follow the rough road of entrepreneurship. The book created a new record in Indian publishing by selling over 300,000 copies and has been translated into 8 languages.

Rashmi’s second book, ‘Con