Start by marking “A Gentleman Always Remembers (Willowmere, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Gentleman Always Remembers (Willowmere, #2)

A Gentleman Always Remembers (Willowmere #2)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  984 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
The second novel in  New York Times bestselling novelist Candace Camp's Willowmere series, a delightful new set of Regency romances.

Married young to a charming but improvident army officer, Eve Hawthorne was widowed with little left except for a few extravagant trifles. Desperate to avoid her domineering stepmother, she accepts employment as chaperone to the Earl of Stewk
Published May 25th 2010 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about A Gentleman Always Remembers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Gentleman Always Remembers

Vivian
Nov 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-hist
Charming.

Unexpected houseparty with guests dropping in (literally and figuratively), the measles, busybodies, and rakes gone straight. Camp has good character development, an endearing cast, tempered humor and sweet emotions. An intriguing mystery that stirs the pot moves things along beyond mere relationships.

Overall, it leaves you smiling.
Leah

I am extremely disappointed in this book. I won the first of the series in the Goodreads First Reads and really enjoyed it, giving it four stars. Also, I really look forward to reading the third book about Vivacious Vivian and Responsible Oliver. Taking all that into account, I was looking forward to reading this book, especially since I'd liked the excerpt I had read. Well, the excerpt was from chapter one and it all went downhill from there.

My biggest problem with the book was the he
Fernanda
Nov 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

e continua a saga sobre as irmãs Bascombe.... só que nesta historia o foco principal é a sua acompanhante.

historia de leitura rápida mas não menos interessante por isso.
as cenas de encontros e desencontros tornam a historia muito engraçada.

sem duvida uma leitura agradável e de deixar um sorriso nos lábios!
Kristy
Jul 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
The thing I liked most about this book, is that Fitz, the eternal bachelor, had no qualms about falling in love. In the beginning of the book, he had no interest in marriage or responsibility. But once he started falling in love with Eve, he had no problem going with it. He didn't fight it like all the other men seem to do in these types of books. He let himself fall in love and then couldn't wait to marry her. I liked that. No hesitance on his part.

Just as I said in my review for the A Lady Nev
Jess
I didn't like this one as much as the first. I'm not really sure why, I think it's just that the main storyline between Fitz and Eve didn't take up enough of the book for my tastes. There was a lot going on in the background, and a lot of different subplots.

I liked the interactions between Fitz and Eve though, they were pretty entertaining I just think there wasn't enough of it. Also, the plot that they were involved in with the letters and the watch was a little boring to me.

I hope the next boo
Lori
May 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Gentleman Always Remembers is an enjoyable, pleasant romance driven by interesting characters. Candace Camp shows what a master she is at character development with this novel. I was not sure at first if I was going to like Fitz, the hero of the book, but he shows lots of growth and maturing that redeemed him for me. He went from being selfish to displaying responsibility for his family. The secondary love story is as enjoyable as the main one, and there is lots going on to keep you interested ...more
Shelly Ash
Jun 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Gentleman Always Remembers is an excellent historical romance! There was a lot of interaction between the characters which added depth and intrigue. A real page-turner. I can't wait to read the next story in Candace's Willowmere series, An Affair Without End. I really enjoyed this book and couldn't put it down! 5 Stars
Amy
Nov 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful adventure this was to share with such dynamic characters. I loved the humor, character development, and warmth. Can't wait for the next one in the series and hoping it won't be the last!
Michelle
Jun 13, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a wonderful novel. I enjoyed the interactions between Even and Fitz (though I wish there was more interaction); however, I still loved it. There were a bunch of little sub plots, and they were all very interesting. Overall the book was a cute-must read book.
Donna
May 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I cant wait for the last book in the series. Eve and Fitz were both delightful and it was great to see Fitz realize that there was nothing wrong with being an adult!! I love the little added supense and plot twist in these. books.
Colleen
Sep 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
New world Americans reclaiming their aristocratic British heritage. From out of the ashes rise up some very sensual relationships! I found this to be a delightful romp and eager to finish reading the series. She's introduced a lot of women who need to find their match!
Lyra Rose
Jul 07, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Find my review at http://lyraroses.blogspot.com
Amy
Apr 26, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read.
Moonlight Reads
Oct 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Please read our full review at www.moonlightreads.com.
Kassie
Jul 13, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Enjoyed this story....but I'm getting tired of reading romances...guess I need a little more variety....will have to go for the third in this series much later!!!!!
Edith
May 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book was fantastic. Love the aurthor she knows how to write books.
Sharonceo
charming.....sensational
Lesley
Jun 04, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is as good as the first in the series. Easy to read and fast paced - I couldn't put it down.
Lynn Futch
May 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this one also. I think she is a new favorite author.
Shalon
May 23, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
not as good as the first one...
Kindaangelic
Jun 10, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liking this series....looking forward to the next one..
Fefi
Molto più carino e ironico del precedente! La casa di campagna a Willowmere si riempie di personaggi,subito dopo che va via il padrone di casa Oliver con il cagnolino Pirata,diventando subito uno scenario di gradevole allegria e passionalità. In particolare ho amato molto il rapporto tra Eve,la chaperon che deve aiutare Lily e Camelia Bascombe ad imparare la vita londinese e l'amica Vivian,dispensatrice di saggi consigli. E' presente,come nel precedente,un piccolo giallo da risolvere che rende t ...more
Anne Glover
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sexy yet subtle rakes and companions romance with ensemble house party fun.

For a longer review: http://www.regrom.com/2017/06/26/cand...
Alexandra De La Cruz Hurtado
solo diré dos cosas
1 me gusto la historia
2 no me gusto que a pesar de ser viuda Eve fuera virgen
Danielle
I found myself liking this book much more than the first book of the series. I don't know if its because for most of the book, the somewhat annoyingly headstrong Bascombe sisters were not the focus. Or maybe its because there were only two Bascombe sisters left? All I can say is that this book is a step forward from A Lady Never Tells. And from the looks of it the next book an Affair Without End will be the best book of them all.

Fitz Talbot, half brother of Oliver Talbot, the Earl of Stewkesbu
Jessica
Aug 19, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Candace Camp retains her status as a delightful read with this story about Eve and Fitz. It's part of her Bascombe Sisters series although oddly enough, the Bascombe sisters take a back seat to the solemn widow, Eve.
After losing her military husband, Eve has no choice but to return to her father's home, a distasteful circumstance the longer she spends under the critical eye of her stepmother. Soon she finds escape, as a chaperone to the Earl of Steweksbury's precocious American cousins. High on
Yukino
Oct 29, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: miei, 2014
Serie Willowmere n. 2

Lettura di gruppo E&L

Non vedevo l'ora di leggerlo. Volevo sapere come si sarebbero evolute le storie delle sorelle Bascombe. L'inizio però non è stato scoppiettante. Mi aspettavo più divertimento e più coinvolgimento delle regazze, ma una si è già sposata e tornata in America, l'altra si sposa all'inizio del libro e poi non la vediamo più. Così rimangono le due sorelle minori. La protagonista però è la loro chaperon. Amica di Vivian, vedova da due anni e il marito avendo
Haley Osborn
Jul 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It has been years since I read and Camp novel and was not disappointed. Actually, I enjoyed the writing much more than I remember. The characters were well developed on their own and as a couple. While I didn't need to know more about them I would have enjoyed it because I liked both Fitz and Eve so much. They do spend a little too much time attempting to avoid each other for propriety's sake which makes me feel that a little too much time on relationship development was missed. However, in the ...more
Diandra Fernandes
Beth Johnson
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hea, 2015-reads
I really liked the relationships in this novel, especially the way the two main characters developed. I think the two younger Bascombe sisters are still a teensy bit flat but getting better. (Frankly, I'm glad Rose and Lily have already been married off. They weren't very interesting as written.) The main flaw in this story was the entire mystery -- the whole thing felt contrived just to add tension when the rest of the story was more than enough (seriously, without spoilers, SO MUCH happened in ...more
  • A Lady's Guide to Improper Behavior (Adventurers’ Club #2)
  • The Virgin's Secret (Lost City, #2)
  • The Confessions of a Duchess (The Brides of Fortune #1)
  • A Woman of Virtue (Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron #3)
  • In Bed with the Duke (Governess Brides, #9)
  • How I Met My Countess (Bachelor Chronicles, #6)
  • Reese's Bride  (Bride's Trilogy, #2)
  • Never Trust a Scoundrel (Sons of Scandal, #1)
  • An Earl to Enchant (The Rogues' Dynasty #3)
  • Seducing an Angel (Huxtable Quintet, #4)
  • How to Seduce a Duke (Royle Sisters, #1)
  • Seducing the Heiress (Heiress in London, #1)
  • Lady Beware (Company of Rogues, #14)
  • Rushed to the Altar (Blackwater Brides #1)
  • The Seduction Of An Unknown Lady (McBride Family #2)
  • A Duke's Temptation (Boscastle #10; The Bridal Pleasures #1)
  • Knight of Passion (All the King's Men #3)
Candace Camp is the New York Times bestselling author of over sixty books.

Her first novel, *Bonds of Love*, was published by Jove Publishing in 1978, under the pseudonym Lisa Gregory. Two pseudonyms (Kristin James and Sharon Stephens)and many books later, Candace writes under her own name Candace Camp and still loves creating stories.

Candace lives in Austin, Texas, with her husband and is the mot
More about Candace Camp...

Willowmere (3 books)
  • A Lady Never Tells (Willowmere, #1)
  • An Affair Without End (Willowmere, #3)