Start by marking “After Glow (Harmony, #2)” as Want to Read:
After Glow (Harmony, #2)

After Glow

(Ghost Hunters #2)

Return to Harmony—where nothing is as it seems.

Life is complicated for Lydia Smith. She’s working at a tacky, third-rate museum, Shrimpton’s House of Ancient Horrors, trying to salvage her career in para-archaeology—and dating the most dangerous man in town. Just when she thinks she might be getting things under control, she stumbles over a dead body and discovers that her
Published (first published February 23rd 2004)

To ask other readers questions about After Glow, please sign up.
Cruth Yes, there is enough explanation of relevant plot to read it as a stand alone BUT it would be better with the first one.

Alp
And now I'm mentally kicking myself for not reading this book sooner! I don’t know why I kept postponing it for months. After Glow, the second installment in Ghost Hunters series was absolutely amazing! If I had known it would be so much better, I would have started it right after I finished the first one.

The story was so gripping, and it kept me up late turning page after page because I couldn’t put it down until I found out what really happened to Lydia in the tunnels seven months ago. As the
Jilly
Remember when I finished the first book yesterday and complained about the lack of any real information on this world? Well, I'm thinking this may have been a thing, because the info-dumps in this second book are vast and numerous.

I was glad she tried to use her words to describe the world a little better.

So, that was great! Got what I asked for...
Except, maybe she went a bit too far in the 'splaining department.
Here's what I mean. Let's say you go to the movies with 3 friends. When you get bac
Alex is The Romance Fox
AFTER GLOW reintroduces Lydia Smith, a tangler, whose psychic gift is the ability to untangle illusion traps and Emmett London, a powerful Guild member, who is able to summon and kill ghosts, who we first met in AFTER DARK, the previous book in Jayne Castle's fabulous Harmony Series.
 photo d334d81baa60e56517d89858eddbf4b7_zpsgaixolft.jpg
I loved this book.

I am so getting into this amazing world that the author is building. The storyline is really good. And we finally discover the secret of Lydia's forgotten days in the Dead City....totally unexpec
Lizzy
A great sequel to After Dark, in After Glow we meet Lydia Smith and Emmett London again. I was unsure how good proceeding with the same hero/heroine would work, there was the risk that it could turn out dull or sluggish. However, Jayne Castle/ Jayne A. Krentz is highly successful in delivering another captivating and thrilling romance. Set in the futuristic planet of Harmony, colonized by Earth, it has a good mix of paranormal, murders and mystery, and a romance based on a more trusting and p ...more
Suzanne
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
3.5 stars bumped up for the dust bunny.

I enjoyed this more than the first in the series (although I didn't hate the first book). It continues from where book #1 left off. Maybe one of the reasons I liked it more is that Lydia and Emmett's relationship is more stable. I also liked Melanie (Lydia's friend).

This is an interesting world, and I'll continue reading the series.
Jacob Proffitt
Dec 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: steamy, romance, sci-fi
This one was a clear improvement on the first. I think Castle has a better idea of where she's going with the books and it made a difference in the setting, particularly the side characters. Lydia and Emmet were both better, too, and their relationship was as or more fun. So yeah, a clear step up.

As with most series, I'd definitely read the first one before this one; you really need the details of their relationship and Lydia's professional life. That this book is better is something to look for
Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)
Contd. from the 'After Dark' review -
And I read the second book, expecting the deserved comeuppance for the nasty ow but nada. And so I want my hour or four back! Who wants to read about the H’s ex fiancée turning into a sweet stepmama sort and everyone playing happy family?! Nauseous, I tell you! How did she go from giving her stepson hungry glances in the first book to a benign helpful maternal presence in this book. That’s not how I deserve my ow to behave. And with the H finally called his p
Nurse Lisa In Ohio (PRN Book Reviews)
3.75/5...I liked this one a lot. Good story with a fun paranormal thread. Add in the romance & voila! I'm a happy reader! :)
Pam Baddeley
This is the second in the series set on the remote planet of Harmony, which was colonised from Earth before being cut off by the closure of the energy cloud called the Curtain, which had enabled such far distant travel. Two centuries later, Harmony has returned to about the level of 20th century Earth technology, but with various important differences, due to the development of psychic abilities among the colonists.

The sequel to 'After Dark', this book stars the two main characters of the first
Jen
I love this story. It's just as fantastic a read for me as was/is the first one, if just a bit more satisfying because this is the true "end" of Lydia's story. (This is not to say that the first book, After Dark, ended in a cliffhanger. It didn't even end in an open-ended fashion. I was very satisfied after finishing it, years before this sequel was even published.) What I love about this story is that it was dedicated to me and my fellow dust-bunny aficionados. And it ended with (view spoiler) ...more
Paraphrodite
Apr 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened, 2013
After Glow continues from After Dark with the same H/H. I also liked the continuity of having the same narrator for both books. Joyce Bean did a pretty good job.
Gwen (The Gwendolyn Reading Method)
awwww, I loved this storyline! And I also just enjoy Harmony as a world. Good ol' Jayne Castle/Amanda Quick.
Carol
Sep 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found the book to be less exciting than the selling description indicates but it did have it's moments...loved the 'dust bunnies" and what is a "Mystery Mistress's" job anyway? . I thought the characters were mostly "common"...for lack of a better description. Not an bad series...just not for me. I read the book for a challenge and it served that purpose well but I think I'll skip the remainder of the series.
Tracey
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
After I listened to the audiobook of the first book in this series, I looked at the icon for the second book on my computer and figured it was as good as anything to listen to while doing other things. So I queued it up. I do silly things like that now and then.

And there they all were, the issues that annoyed me in the first book: repetition galore, long moments and lost weekends even moreso, one fluffy creature standing in for the entire native fauna of a planet, and rezzing. So much rezzing.
Cheri
Feb 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The beginning of this book contradicted the end of the previous book..After Dark. It kinda irritated me that several things through out the story did as well. I liked that it had the same pretense as the other harmony books and of course the dust bunny!
Sheila Melo
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sequel That Answers Questions

Sequel That Answers Questions

AFTER GLOW is the second novel in the Harmony series. It features the same couple as AFTER DARK, Lydia Smith and Emmett London. In the first book, readers were introduced to the earth colony of Harmony where humans have developed paranormal abilities. Lydia last her job when she had a lost weekend where she has 48 hours of memory loss. Lydia and Emmett began arelationship in the first book.

In this book, the relationship is finally resolve
Christine
As I mentioned in my review of "After Dark," the first half of this duet, I was kind of annoyed that I had to read another book in order to get the rest of the story. My feelings didn't really change after I finished this. I continue to feel that this is one of Jaynce Castle's weaker stories by any psuedonym and her weakest under this one. I'd say it took her a couple of books to get into writing science fiction, but with the possible exception that she didn't lay the groundwork very well (in th ...more
Eliza Leone
Sep 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Eliza by: Donnette
Captivating and thrilling, full of unsuspecting plot twists.

Series: Harmony 2, Ghost Hunter 2, Curtain 4
Characters: Lydia & Emmett
Setting: Alien planet, Old Cadence
Mature Themes: Sex, Drug references

Picking up a few weeks after the events in After Dark, Lydia and Emmett are still feeling their way through their relationship with one another. Lydia's private consulting is picking up and with a new client, her job at the museum, and the ongoing investigating she's doing into her Lost Weekend.
Kari Chapman
I felt that "After Glow" was a stronger book than the first book in the series, "After Dark". Which is good, as "After Dark" was enjoyable, but had room for improvement.

The characters established in the previous book are back again in book 2. They are just as enjoyable to read about this time around, and there was some good growth on both Lydia and Emmett's parts. We got to see both of them shine in their areas of expertise at various points in the book.

The magic system in this book was clearer
Carrie
SOA Reading Challenge 2012 Surprise Me by Quarter: Quarter 2

Choice #3 – Rounding Out the Family – Listen to a romance where a child (under 18) or pet plays a significant role. (Fuzz, the dust bunny)

SFR Reading Challenge 2012

2.5* rounded up to 3*
Grade C+

Mildly entertaining futuristic suspense novel hampered by clunky writing and too much telling. I generally enjoy JAK in all her permutations, but this isn't one of her best. Lydia and Emmett skirted around actually talking about their true feeling
An Odd1
Mar 10, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
** "After Glow" follows "After Dark", among other (better?) similar-plot fantasy explicit romances by Jayne Castle aka Krentz, set in futuristic planet Harmony. A 'hunter' can tune thought waves through amber to gather or disperse 'ghost' energy radiating from crystal.

The series suffers from excess amber and jargon such as 'rez' for power. If her heroines believe hunter Guilds are criminal mobs, why do they date 'thug' bosses and manipulate marriages? Action seems jerky, fits and starts, such a
Lindap
Apr 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid 4 ☆s

I won’t go into major details in this story because there's a ton of info within other reviews….so there’s not need to rehash.

After The Curtain closed, humans who colonized Harmony were now stuck there. They had to adapt to their new world without the help or supplies from Earth. As time passed they began to realize they had paranormal abilities….some had more ability than others. Which of course lead to greed and power struggles for many. After Glow is a continuation of After Dark. L
Thenia
Lydia and Emmett's story's conclusion, where loose ends are tied, mysteries are solved and our heroes get their happy ever after future.

Interesting world, flawed characters and a conspiracy theory made this an engaging read.

The series continues with Ghost Hunter and a new couple's story.
Didi Mack
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jayne Castle (Jayne Ann Krentz) After Glow

Lydia Smith found a special location in the underground, how she and Emmit London work their way through the challenges is a Jayne treat. Great characters, story surprises yet flows.
Nancy Jones
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it.
Aphrodite
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

This story has an interesting story which had many parts to unveil. The side of love was great, and the dust bunny was superb. I recommend it.
Babs
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like a book with a happy ending and the mystery gets solved.
Kathy
Jun 28, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alien, sci-fi, romance
Setting: Cadence – her apartment at Dead City View Apartments, his condo – closer to the ruins and it’s resonance power, Hunter Headquarters, Shrimpton’s House of Ancient Horrors, Restoration Ball; Dead City of Old Cadence – green glowing passageways, underground offices and holding cells, one with complicated psi-trap to prevent from going further;

Theme:
Love and commitment – waiting for the other, as hinting for it – both her and him; responsibility; what happened on Lydia’s Lost Weekend, and
Amber Daulton
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the second Harmony series book, Lydia Smith and her boyfriend Emmett London have stumbled upon another murder. The couple starred in the previous book, After Dark, and their love story concludes in this book, which takes place a month after the first book ends.
Lydia is a para-archeologist who works at a third rate museum (a nasty accident in the ancient alien catacombs beneath the city cost Lydia her prestigious job seven months earlier), and Emmett is a powerful ghost hunter who’s now the a
Jessica
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcane
I'm glad i read the second book in this series. It was mostly good and much better than the first book. I still can't rate it 5 stars because the relationship between Lydia and Emmett continued to go unexplored with problems unaddressed. That was frustrating for me. There is one point at the end, when they find an unexplored room, that Lydia makes an annoying observation regarding Emmett's observation. I won't tell you, maybe you will get lucky and not notice. Again, these little things go unexp ...more
Jayne Ann Krentz ...: After Glow (2004) Book 2 1 1 Sep 27, 2012 10:25AM
  • Burning Lamp (Arcane Society, #8; Dreamlight Trilogy, #2)
  • Shield's Lady (Lost Colony, #3)
  • Sizzle and Burn (Arcane Society, #3)
  • Heart Duel (Celta's Heartmates, #3)

She earned a B.A. in History from the University of California at Sant

Ghost Hunters (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • After Dark (Ghost Hunters, #1)
  • Ghost Hunter (Ghost Hunters, #3)
  • Silver Master (Ghost Hunters, #4)
  • Dark Light (Ghost Hunters, #5)
  • Obsidian Prey (Ghost Hunters, #6)
  • Midnight Crystal (Ghost Hunters, #7; Arcane Society #9; Dreamlight Trilogy #3)
  • Canyons of Night (Rainshadow, #0; Ghost Hunters, #8; Looking Glass Trilogy, #3; Arcane Society, #12)
  • The Lost Night (Rainshadow, #1; Ghost Hunters, #9)
  • Deception Cove (Rainshadow, #2; Ghost Hunters, #10)
  • The Hot Zone (Rainshadow, #3; Ghost Hunters, #11)
“When it comes to dysfunctional families," he said,"I'll put mine up against anyone's, anytime” 14 likes