Start by marking “Once Wicked Always Dead” as Want to Read:
Once Wicked Always Dead

Once Wicked Always Dead

Molly Madison’s life is shattered with the sudden death of her beloved parents and the revelation of her husband Phillip’s affair—with another man. Molly heads west to Montana, resolved to run the family ranch, the Ghost Bear, and to move on with her life. Her attraction to Clayton Leatherbe, the ranch foreman, is instant, but before a romance can blossom, the ranch falls ...more
Published September 1st 2010 by MMWE Publishing House (first published August 3rd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Once Wicked Always Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Wicked Always Dead

Sarah Sammis
Sep 18, 2010 rated it did not like it
Once Wicked Always Dead by T. Marie Benchley tries to be a thriller and ends up being a train wreck. It has strange pacing issues, characters acting without understandable motivation and a whole cast of stereotypes.

Molly Madison's parents are killed en route to her home and her husband is carrying on a homosexual affair. She needs some time off and decides to head home to her parents' ranch in Montana. It's there that she realizes she's being stalked by serial killer. While Molly is trying to co
Sylvere ap Leanan
Aug 21, 2010 rated it did not like it
Heather
May 15, 2010 rated it did not like it
I always hate writing bad reviews, and always try to avoid it. But, I can't this time. I almost stopped reading this book, but not because I couldn't get into it. It was because I was getting tired of it. But, I only had about 75-ish pages left, and figured I'd better see how it all plays out. I put enough time into it to read most of it, that I just wanted to know. I kinda wish I'd gotten to that point at about 75-ish pages into the book ...

What don't I like about this? Just about everything. I
William Bentrim
Aug 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-for-swap
Once Wicked Always Dead by T. Marie Benchley

This book has a cover that will grab you. I don’t know that I have ever mentioned a cover in a post before but I do love this cover. A story of treachery, betrayal and modern, flexible mores contrasts with a cowboy morality. This could also be characterized as a tale of vigilante justice.

Molly Madison nee O’Malley unhappily lives a superficially perfect life. A perfect husband, a successful social life and an enviable life style is shattered by startl
Kerry  sullivan
I really wanted to like this book, I loved the premise and the synopsis made it sound so good but it just didn't live up to it for me. The story was on the good side of complex but I just didn't get into any of the characters I just didn't care what happened to any of them. For me the book could have done with being a little more graphic in places. Especially the relationship between Phillip and Sloan as I found that not so credible. I got as far as page 113 and have had to stop as I am having t ...more
Bridget
Jul 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Molly just can't get any breaks. Her parents died suddenly and finds out that her husband has been cheating on her, with another man. This emotional roller coaster has broken her down in ways that she herself doesn't even understand. She packs up and moves to Montana. When she meets Clayton, she is captured by him and he makes her feel like she is alive once again. But when a nut job comes after the ranch, and Molly, she is in a puddle of emotions once again.

I had my nose buried in this book fro
Mary
May 05, 2011 rated it did not like it
Stopped reading and don't plan on finishing. I always finish books but.cannot bring myself to finish this. Sloan's last scene in the book finally did it for me! The dialogue was forced and the characters were very cliche.
Once
Jul 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Here is my review on my blog: http://www.onceuponatwilight.com/2010...
Gabriella Miyares
Aug 22, 2016 rated it did not like it
A friend lent this to me. It's bad. Really bad.
Becky Mares
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great love story
Vannessa
I haven't read a murder-mystery thriller in ages so thought I would try this one seeing as I've had it from Netgalley for absolutely ages. It was ok, but not great. I actually got bored of reading it about halfway through and was constantly looking at the percentage marker on my Kindle to see how much more I had to go. I hate to feel like this about books, but I managed to get through it and actually it didn't end too badly and definitely not the way I expected.

Molly's parents die in a tragic a
Vivian
Jun 07, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Everyone has secrets, but there are secrets and there are Secrets! Once Wicked Always Dead by T. Marie Benchley is filled with secrets, some personal and others deadly.

Phillip Madison is hiding one very big Secret and Molly Madison, his wife, is the last to know. After 20+ years of marriage to a legal mover-and-shaker, Molly knows that their relationship has changed but she assumes it is because of work. Little does she know that Phillip is living a double life...not with another woman but with
LORI CASWELL
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"What happens when a family's darkest secrets put lives in jeopardy?"

"How far would you go for love?"

Molly Madison is devastated by her parents tragic death, then she learns her husband is having an affair...with another man. She has to get away from her current life to come to grips with everything that is happening around her.

Molly returns home to her parent's ranch in Montana to start over. She feels an instant connection to the ranch foreman, Clayton Leatherbe, but before a romance can even
Wendy Hines
Jun 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Molly Madison is thrilled her parents are driving down to Florida to spend time with her and the family from Montana. She has been lonely lately as her husband Phillip always seems to be working. But then, her parents are killed on their trip and Molly and Phillip make a trip back to her home in Montana to settle the estate. Phillip, a lead partner in a lawyer firm, thinks they should sell the farm. The money would come in handy for his hopeful political career. Molly thinks the new ranch forema ...more
Sheila
Jul 20, 2010 rated it liked it
T. Marie Benchley describes herself as an author and student of life, and includes Peter Benchley, of Jaws fame, in her family heritage. I remember enjoying several of Peter Benchley’s books, besides the famous film, so I started reading with a pleasant feeling of anticipation.

Once Wicked Always Dead certainly has something for every taste. There’s the daring social consciousness story of a gay man outed by his lover and reviled by all who used to know and admire him. There’s the twist on tradit
Joemmama
Oct 04, 2010 rated it liked it
T. Marie Benchley has written a mystery/love story, kinds chick lit with an edge.

A serial killer is murdering perverts, each in a grisly manner. This killer is very smart and leaves no clues.

When Molly Madison loses her parents in a terrible accident, she inherits a large ranch, in Montana. Her husband is anxious for her to sell and has a plan for the money. When Molly discovers the ultimate betrayal (her husband's affair), she starts divorce proceedings, and returns to her ranch, to rebuild her
Sep 23, 2010 rated it liked it
From my book review blog Rundpinne.[return][return]I have struggled with exactly what to say about Once Wicked Always Dead by T. Marie Benchley since I did not care for this novel. My goal as a book reviewer is to write an honest review without being disrespectful to the author and hopefully I will achieve those goals here. I truly wanted to like the book because the idea of the storyline is an intriguing one, and can be read above in the book synopsis, but unfortunately that is about as much as ...more
Siany
May 09, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011
I have just finished this one.

I would have marked it as 2.5 stars if I could.
It wasnt that it was a bad story but it was very unbelievable and predictible. This genre of books you expect it a little but not quite so much in this case.
There didnt seem to be much depth to any of the characters and no character development at all. Character development for most of them was stupid in the beginning and all friends in the end.
Could also have done without the last scene with Sloane, was a bit too graph
Lindsay Chung
Jun 16, 2010 rated it it was ok
If you like soap operas, this book is for you. The story is complicated, so I won't even attempt to explain it here, but it is definitely worthy of a daytime TV show. Between the lies, betrayals, sexuality and murder, little is left to the imagination. If there is one thing T. Marie Benchley excels at, it is describing every detail...almost to the point of over-description. While it is certainly a well-thought out story that leaves the reader guessing until the very end, there are parts of the s ...more
Ashley
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
I was really intrigued by the synopsis of Once Wicked, Always Dead that AtlasBooks sent around a few months ago and was excited to read the book. Unfortunately, the writing just didn't hold up to the promise of a good mystery. It felt unfinished, like the book could have used another heavy edit. And the characters could have been engaging if they didn't feel so wooden.

However, the story is interesting and moves quickly. And with the revelation of Molly's husband's sexuality and his affair, their
Darcia Helle
I wish I could give this book a better rating. The story holds great promise but the writing didn't capture me at all. The beginning is an information dump, where the author is trying too hard to tell readers everything about every character all at once. When the story finally gets going, I felt like I was being told about each character's emotions but I never got in their heads and experienced the impact of those emotions. I lost interest and did a lot of skimming. In the end, I had no connecti ...more
Freda Mans-Labianca
Jul 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was another really great way of spending my time, reading this awesome story!
I was drawn right into the life of Molly. She quickly became a favorite character and I wanted to see what happened. I was impressed with all the twists and turns in the story too. Catching me in ways I didn't know I could be caught. Just when you think you have it all figured out, the author throws something else in. Not in a way that burdens you with plots either, but just enough to make you go, "Wow, who knew?!"
Brittany
May 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
All in all this was a good read. I do have to say the flow in so areas is off and some descriptions are a little long winded. The story line was creative however and there were plenty of twists and turns to keep you on the edge of your seat until the end. And I absolutely loved the ending. I also can't wait to read more from this author and see how she develops her writing!
Janie Boyd
Dec 09, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Once Wicked Always Dead is an entertaining book. The characters are a little underdeveloped but very interesting. It's a fast read and the drama keeps the reader turning pages. Some imagery is a little graphic, and parts seem overdescriptive leaving nothing to the readers imagination, but overall it's a good book.
Francine
Dec 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
I have to admit that upon seeing the cover of this book I quivered at the thought of reading a romance costumed as a mystery. However I was pleasantly surprised to begin reading and not wanting to put it down. It has a great mix of both genres and the author melds the characters' lives together very well.
Sylvia Hartman
Sep 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I can not wait to see what else she is writing. Great read. Very entertaining.
Michele
May 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Well written and easy to read. Characters and plot formed a little too quickly, but for a "day by the pool" read it's a great book!
Brittany Wiegert
Sep 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book, great turns and twists... can't wait for the follow up to be published. If you like mystery, romance and a little bit of western chaos this is definitely the book for you!
Becky Mares
Very good book. Kept me interested all the way thru.
T. Marie Benchley is an author and student in life. With a family heritage of actor/writers including famed Author Peter Benchley of Jaws and The Deep, she was introduced to classic literature at an early age and remains a passionate reader. Although the only sharks on her pages are Attorneys and the monsters in her plots are Sociopaths, her primary desire is to entertain her readers.

Though formal