Start by marking “Down and Dirty (Viking II, #7)” as Want to Read:
Down and Dirty (Viking II, #7)

Down and Dirty

(Viking II #7)

Punished for an indiscretion, Navy SEAL and all-around tough guy Zachary Floyd is forced to head a new SEAL-like program for women. There he meets an alluring Norsewoman, who's escaped a nunnery, her father, and the eleventh century altogether.

Published November 6th 2007 by Penguin Group (USA) (first published November 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Down and Dirty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Down and Dirty

Pamela(AllHoney)
The seventh book in Sandra Hill's Viking II series. My first Sandra Hill book I've read. I'm not normally into the time-travel genre but this was humorous and I'll probably read more.
Ren Puspita
Re-read, for the 3rd time *g*

Sandra Hill is just a few author who can mix humor and erotica well. Well, at last Viking Series not too erotic. Just at mild level, or steamy. The strength of her books is her capability to make reader laughs so hard, until their stomach hurt. And, that include me too...

Down and Dirty is 7th book of Viking Series 2. Featuring Viking hero/heroine who go a-Viking, correct, go time travel, from their medieval era to Modern America. Down and Dirty take place 2 years aft
Dawn ♥ romance
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, time-travel
I still found this an enjoyable story reading it again ten years later. I particularly liked the plot with its terrorism and time travel. It was full of humor and plenty of exciting action. Add in the SEAL team and little boy for an overall good book. SEAL Zach 'pretty boy' brings his five-year-old son back from Afghanistan then is assigned to train WEAL's including time-traveling Britta.
Cindi
Mar 20, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Why do I continue to read Sandra Hill's "Viking/SEAL" books? The writing is not my style - aggravating and annoying, actually. But she makes up some of the coolest characters in the universe (well, not actually OUR universe, sometimes). I usually enjoy books about SEALS and other military heros, I usually enjoy time-travel storylines and I always enjoy books about Cajuns. Is this enough to keep reading Ms. Hill's books and then pulling my hair out (again!) afterwards? Apparently. Oh well. . .
Jess
Apr 23, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009, sandra-hill
I love Sandra Hill! This one was laugh out loud funny. I didn't realize it was a part of her Viking II series, so I read out of order (not a big shocker with me), but I still understood everything that was going on.

I loved the humor of the characters, and ya gotta love when a woman is tough enough to take down a SEAL. lol.

Definitely would recommend this to anyone who likes humor in their books, ass kicking women and men, and some time travel thrown in.
Heather
Jun 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Basic time travel romance with laughs and humor thrown in with some exciting tupping...
Kept reading series until I ran out of books to read. So sorry for the generic review.
Doris
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These Viking time-traveling stories are pips. I just love the witty dialogue of the Norse warrior Britta with all its feisty old-world charm and language mutilations. She was quite the match for her "knave-y SEAL."
TINA USHER
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
with in the first pages I was laughing love Sandra Hill
Jessica Scott
Just a fun dumb story. Great to read if you need a pick me up. Don’t need to read the other books to understand what’s going on.
Sandra R
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yet another fun Viking/Navy Seal/Time Travel romance. Well written, humorous and entertaining.
Britta
Apr 20, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Erin, Kim, Cindy
Shelves: fantasy, 2009, fiction, romance
WHOOO HOOO. Finally. My name.

You don't understand if you have a name like Susan or Katie or any other name that is common place. But my name is Britta.

I've never had magnets that I could buy or pencils with my name on it ... or key chains or cups ... my name isn't a "normal" name. Sure, I bought the Brittany magnet once and cut off the "ny" but that's not the same (althought this did make me happy at the time).

BRITTA Asadottir is a strong woman ... very very strong. And when she's pulled from
Cynthia
Little did I know this was #7 in the series when I picked it up. It is absolutely delightful. Yes, it does have Navy SEALS, but it is a change from the usual gung-ho. I will have to start at the beginning of Sanda Hill's Viking II Series now.

Zach "Pretty Boy" Floyd is a single Dad, trying with the help of many friends and family, raising a 5 year-old son. As it turns out, Sammy, is the result of a fling Zach had in Afghanistan six years ago and just found out about. Zach steals Sammy away from h
Darcy
Jun 04, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, romance, time-travel
Once again I was able to spend a few hours in the cheesiness that I have come to love with these books. This one was great in the aspect of it was so nice to see "Pretty Boy" get taken down a notch and not just with a girl, but with a son who managed to earn the name "Sammy the Snot". Seeing the all American ladies man bogged down with a difficult child made for so much fun, the only thing better were the verbal battles with Britta. These 2 were so perfect for each other I was rooting for them i ...more
Amanda
Mar 27, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: guilty-pleasures
Book #55

This book was OK. I think I had the same problem with it as the other book I read of Sandra Hill's ... it jumped around a bit too much for my taste. Or maybe it's that the character's thoughts are distracting when they're thrown into dialogue. I liked, not loved, the hero "Pretty Boy" Zach. I think this is because he was often congratulating himself on all the women he attracts (or has attracted in the past - I will give it to him, he wasn't a cheat). I did come to love little Samir/Samm
Sparker Pants
This one was good times, but not my favorite of hers. I do love that the characters had a bit more of a history than the usual "we-just-met-and-it-was-love-but-oh-CONFLICT-DELAY"; makes for a nice change of pace. Also that she spurned him when they met before and she starts to here but you know that ain't going to last because THE TITLE. Also the time-traveling is just hilarious. Hill is hilarious. I will always buy and read your books, Hill, especially now that I hear there is going to be a vam ...more
♔ Marli ♔
Zachary and Britta... 4.5 badass WEALS Viking stars!!

Must confess, I was so confused in the beginning of the story and Britta's strange language - I even contemplated giving up. But then the whole time travelling thing came into play and got me curious.

I have never read something like this, and was pleasantly surprised! It was hillarious, interesting and sexy.

Multiple orgasms to the author! LOL!!!!
Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria
Loved this one with Sammi the Snot. Sandra Hill really knows how to write children the way I love 'em. Laughed out loud numerous times and mostly with Sammi. I do remember the last one of Sandra Hill's that I particularly loved was the third one in this series with all the children. Love this author, she really cracks me up.
Stacie
The story of Britta and Zachary. Britta has time traveled from old Norway. Zachary is a military SEAL and has experienced time travel where he met Britta two years ago. He can not get her out of his mind and when she comes to his time he wants her.
M A
Hits the spot juuuuuuussssst right.

Loved the main characters. Great chemistry. It was funny to watch the cocky playboy SEAL thrown to his knees by an equally impressive Viking warrioress.

Worth every cent and every minute.
Karry
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hands down in my top 3 picks for favorite in this series. Loved it!! I absolutely cannot wait to read the next book!
Meiwilli
May 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love that these stories can be read out of order!
Kelly
Mar 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sandra-hill
loved it sexy seal and strong women, love the whole series
Tawnya
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I believe this is the first book I've read by Sandra Hill and I discovered she is an amazing author. Zach and Britta were a great couple to get to know and love.
Denise
Nov 01, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 7 in the story of a viking woman we met in another books when the SEALS went back in time. She came forward now and is a woman SEAL called WEAL. Another good story in the series.
Ann (Noumena12)
Apr 01, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely an interesting series. I sorta started in the middle but that's okay! 1000 year old valkryies are an interesting romantic twist.
Brenda
Mar 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this one!!! Britta was just perfect for Pretty Boy!!! Laugh out loud funny!!
Pam
Jun 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is another Navy Seal/Viking book. I love those Seals and Vikings.
Marilyn
It's a real funny read and goes along with the series.
Linda
Good book I didn't realize till after starting it that it was part of a series would like to read the others.

• The Covert Wolf (Phoenix Force, #1)
  • Ladies Prefer Rogues
  • One Enchanted Evening (de Piaget, #5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #16)
  • Highlander's Curse (Daughters of the Glen, #8)
  • Highland Rebel (Highland Dream, #5)
  • A Shot of Red
  • Immersed in Pleasure (The Original Sinners, #0.8)
  • Bound By Moonlight (Moonlight, #4)
  • A Hoboken Hipster in Sherwood Forest
  • The Mammoth Book of Time Travel Romance
  • A Highlander for Christmas
  • Haunting Warrior (Mists of Ireland, #2)
  • Demon Marked (Demon Bound, #2)

Sandra Hill is a graduate of Penn State and worked for more than 10 years as a features writer and education editor for publications in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Writing about serious issues taught her the merits of seeking the lighter side of even the darkest stories. Sh

Viking II (10 books)
  • The Last Viking (Viking II, #1)
  • Truly, Madly Viking (Viking II, #2)
  • The Very Virile Viking (Viking II, #3)
  • Wet & Wild (Viking II, #4)
  • Hot & Heavy (Viking II, #5)
  • Rough and Ready (Viking II, #6)
  • Viking Unchained (Viking II, #8)
  • Viking Heat (Viking II, #9)
  • Dark Viking (Viking II, #10)