Start by marking “Kingdom Of Moonlight (Akora, #2)” as Want to Read:
Kingdom Of Moonlight (Akora, #2)

Kingdom Of Moonlight

(Akora #2)

Readers were first captivated by the tantalizing kingdom of Akora in Josie Litton's breathtaking Dream Island. Now the legendary nation renowned for the strength of its warriors--and the allure of its women--faces a threat to its future. Only the forbidden passion between an outsider and its own young princess can determine its fate....

Kingdom of Moonlight

It is the first
Published June 25th 2002 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about Kingdom Of Moonlight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kingdom Of Moonlight

Start your review of Kingdom Of Moonlight (Akora, #2)
Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance

In Kingdom Of Moonlight we have a story that follows soon after "Dream Island". Our heroine Kassandra has an opportunity to travel with her brother to England. Which is where we meet our hero Royce. Now Royce was once held prisoner by some rogues on the island, and now works for the King Regent. They share some chemistry and journey back to the Island, and Royce will have a chance for justice to be served. However there is a
Debby
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Stephanie
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
Another good installment in the Akora series. I liked that this book wasnt just a romance but also had elements of suspense and intrigue. Josie Littons books are always entertaining. My favorite quote was when Joanna was telling Kassandra that she does in fact love Royce.
You love Alex.
Of course I do, and you love Royce.
...I have never said so.
I rarely mention the fact that the sun comes up every morning. My failure to do so has absolutely no effect on the event itself.

Heather
Aug 22, 2011 rated it it was ok
Katie
Feb 08, 2017
Nancy
May 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I was charmed by this story of love and intrigue in the fantasy kingdom of Akora. Princess Kassandra travels to England to visit her brother, Alex. Here she meets dashing Lord Royce Hawkforte, once a prisoner on her island nation and now a confidante of the Prince Regent. He follows her back home to assess the political situation and to face his nemesis, the formidable rebel leader, Deilos. Deilos poses a threat to the crown and to all Kassandra holds dear. There is only one way to stop him, and ...more
Cathy Smith
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads. I wish I had read the first one, because there are so many references to it in this continuation. And another one follows this, so I will have to look it up. I am trying to picture England at the time America rebelled, and do not recognize much except the king and his ways. Akora is a place put in here that seems like it belongs in Greece or Italy or around the Mediterranean area. It doesn't fit well for me, although the story is quite ...more
Annette Summerfield
Dec 16, 2008 rated it did not like it
I'm going to stick with this book because I like some of the things in it. The fantasy world the Princess came from and her ability to some times see a glimpse of the future. The romance side of it is so far simple, like a teenage romance book would be.--Not that great, for me anyways. Nice title though.
Danette Steward
May 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: litton-josie
Loved book #1. This just didn't have the steam and anticipation as book 1. Didn't help that the author decided to "fade to black" during the intimate scenes for some reason. It did drag and I got bored really quickly. Skimmed the last third of the book where the villeins got their due and the misunderstanding between the H and h got resolved. Mostly predictable.
Shirley J
Jun 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Being a very occasional romance reader, it's pretty special that I've moved on to read the second book in the Akora series. Romance there is, as well as the search for a traitor that threatens the well-being of the beautiful and ancient world of Akora. Book 3 is on the bedside table .. my next read.
Bonnie
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in her 3 part series and again I really liked it and again I didn't realize there was a third book (silly me) and now I have to wait for the third book to get here. I hate that. I really like her style of writing and the little twists and turns of the story line.
Shannon
Oct 04, 2009 added it
Recommends it for: To lovers of romance
Kassansra, the young princess of Akora, has traveled to England. In England will she find her love.
Nbsiren
Sep 29, 2018
Mari
Dec 28, 2015
What's the Name o...: SOLVED - Historical romance [s] 4 33 Aug 12, 2011 10:12PM

• Sweet Savage Eden (North American Woman Trilogy, #1)
  • MacGregor's Daughter: A Scottish Historical Romance (The Highland Moon Series Book 5)
  • Devil's Highlander (Clan MacAlpin #1)
  • The Brat
  • Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
  • For the Duke's Eyes Only (School for Dukes, #2)
  • One Fine Duke (School for Dukes, #3)
  • How the Duke Was Won (The Disgraceful Dukes, #1)
  • Highlander in Disguise (Lockhart Family #2)
  • Devil in Tartan (Highland Grooms #4)
  • Seduced by a Scot (Highland Grooms, #6)
  • Leif (Viking Glory 1)
Josie Litton is the author of several NY Times and USA Today bestselling romances.

Married and living in Connecticut, she is the parent of two grown children. Becoming an empty nester has left her plenty of time to write, think about writing, plan what to write next, and read. When she isnt doing that, shes cooking, gardening, and traveling.

Akora (6 books)
  • Dream Island (Akora, #1)
  • Castles in the Mist (Akora, #3)
  • Fountain of Dreams (Akora, #4)
  • Fountain of Secrets (Akora, #5)
  • Fountain of Fire (Akora, #6)

Related Articles

“I’ve had the best time! The spirit here is incredible. It’s competitive, to be sure, but everyone supports each other. I was getting advice from men I was about to go against right up to the very moment the competitions began.”
“That’s wonderful,” Joanna said and handed him a mug of lemonade. “You look absolutely awful.”
“I showered,” he replied, a bit defensively.
“She means the bruises,” Kassandra said. She thought “awful” was going too far, for the truth was, he looked magnificent. He was a bit battered, however, as was to be expected. All the competitors were the same.
“These are nothing,” he insisted, gesturing to the livid black-and-blue splotches with which he was adorned, and with the enthusiasm of a boy, added, “I won two silver bracelets. Here.” He handed one to each of them and beamed as they put them on.
“Thank you,” Joanna said sweetly and leaned over to kiss his cheek.
Kassandra stared at the bracelet, turning it round and round her wrist. In her quarters, there were chests fitted with silk-lined drawers that held precious jewels given to her because she was a princess. She wore them on occasion and enjoyed them. But never had she received anything so lovely as that simple silver bracelet won by sweat and skill in the Games.
“It’s very nice,” she said, and felt his gaze even as she refused to meet it.”
1 likes
“He was presented to her as Spencer Perceval, the Prime Minister of England. Kassandra stiffened as he bent over her hand. Mercifully, he released her swiftly but then proceeded to speak with exaggerated enunciation as though he presumed “foreign” and “slow” were synonymous.
“I do hope your stay will be pleasant, Your Highness.”
“Thank you, Prime Minister, I am quite assured that it will be. England is a delightful conjunction of seeming conflicts and contradictions, don’t you think?”
Perceval frowned, taken by surprise and unsure how to respond. “Well, as to that-“
“After all, the culture that has produced that astonishing novel Sense and Sensibility and Lord Byron’s…ummm…affecting work within the space of just a few short months can hardly be considered merely a self-aggrandizing island with delusions of empire, can it?”
“I suppose not; that is to say?”
“Do excuse us, Prime Minister,” Alex interjected smoothly. “I am sure you will understand there are so many waiting to meet Her Highness.”
As he guided her toward the next eager greeter, Alex murmured, “Pray do try to remember we are not actually attempting to incite war with England.”
Kassandra shrugged, feeling better since she had set down that vile Perceval. “Didn’t you suspect the Prime Minister of plotting an invasion of Akora just last year?”
Her brother cast her a sharp look. “You weren’t supposed to know about that.”
“For pity’s sake…”
“All right, yes I did, but he was soundly discouraged by the Prince Regent himself. There is no reason to have any further concern in that regard.”
Kassandra did not answer. She had her own thoughts on the subject and was not ye ready to share them.
The introductions continued. Too soon, her head throbbed and the small of her back ached, but she kept her smile firmly in place. When the gong sounded for dinner, she resisted the urge to sag with relief.”
0 likes