Start by marking “Eclipse (Warriors: Power of Three, #4)” as Want to Read:
Eclipse (Warriors: Power of Three, #4)

Eclipse (Warriors: Power of Three #4)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  12,742 Ratings  ·  284 Reviews
Alternate cover for this ASIN can be found here: Eclipse

Published October 6th 2009 by HarperCollins (first published August 18th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Eclipse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eclipse

Neil
Jan 08, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I can certainly understand the appeal of the Warriors series. Its massive, well-developed world offers the reader a truly immersive experience. However, it's just not my thing for one simple reason: the characterization sucks on toast.

'Erin Hunter' (whichever of the three authors actually responsible for Eclipse) doesn't let her characters stand on their own, preferring to hold the reader's hand and explain every nuance of conversations and thoughts.

Example, from page 34:
"That was a huge leap!
Scott
Jun 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Carrie
Sep 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, animals
It's been a while since I've been truly impressed by a Warriors book. The writing style is just on the higher end of "good", and usually the plot and characterization aren't particularly strong. Things have been pretty interesting in PoT, however. The Erins have done a good job of keeping us in the dark.
I think that if I had to choose one thing about Eclipse that I liked best (it's a hard decision), I think I would say that my favorite element was that I actually couldn't guess what would happe
Kayla
Aug 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: warriors
Another great Warrior book... :-)

In this book a loner, Sol, shows up and tells Leafpool and Jaypaw a mysterious Omen. A day after that there is a horrible battle, and all four clans are involved. A beloved cat, Squirrelflight, is left with a bad belly injury. Will she survive?

Meanwhile, Starclan is helpless to the horrors that are taking place in reality, as a result one clan has lost faith in them. Only time will tell if they come back.
KylaRodas
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tori
Oct 25, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been attached to Erin Hunters' warrior cats ever since the first book.I now believe that somewhere,there are clans of cats with leaders who get into fierce wars.Erin Hunter adds enough life and excitement to sweep you off your feet and take right into the forest with the cats.

If I had any problems,it was with trying to picture the landscaping of the area.Although Hunter gives you a map of how the land looks like to both cats and people,you can't always look to the maps every five seconds.Th
Deborah Pickstone
Now we have loss of faith....and possible dementia?????? Anyway, the three's powers are hardly to the fore and there's some weird cat going round stirring it. The 4 clans are about as disaffected as they can be.....what will the next excert tell? I'll have to wait cos the library has a lot of holds on the last two of the series!
Kate Matson
Summary From Goodreads:
Firestar's three grandchildren have learned of the powerful prophecy that foretells their destinies, and the responsibility of deciding the Clans' future weighs heavily on the three apprentices. But each secretly yearns for power: Lionpaw dreams of being undefeatable in battle, while Hollypaw longs to be a great leader and Jaypaw knows only he can see the true past and future for them all. Their strengths are tested when ThunderClan is suddenly attacked—and all four Clans
Aoife
Feb 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All warrior fans! Read them in order everyone! :)
Like the other warrior books, I loved reading this and it was very addicting and suspenseful. The emotions that Erin Hinter is able to make you go through while reading these books proves hoe captivating they really are. You are sucked into a whole other feline world when you read these, with characters you have come to know and love and some you have come to hate... You go with them as they face problems and enemies as they overcome personal issues etc. This book is quite eventful and we meet a ...more
Oliver
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing. Jaypaw tells the others about there prophocy to have the power of the stars. Suddenly, they learn that WindClan cats have been stealing prey. A big battle starts. Then Sol, the strange rouge tells them that the sun will disappear if they fight, but ThunderClan does not listen. A battle between the four clans start, but stops when the sun fades away. Sol went to ShadowClan and got all of them to believe StarClan is a lie. The cats go off on there own, and Tawnypelt and her kits come to T ...more
Janira
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about the clans cats Thunder Clan, Wind clan, River clan, and Shadow clan
In middle of the story is was so exciting Wind clan is attacking Thunder clan because they want to show them that thunder clan is not the only clan that are greatest, Suddenly the sun disappear, The clan thought is was massage from Star clan to stop the war.
Why should you read, you should read this book because
if you like about animals, wars, forest you should warrior cat maybe you like it.
They should add other
Olivia Flies
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OH. MY. GOSH. one of the best books EEEEVAAAAA!!!!
if you also read the mangas;
when i was reading the mangas about skyclan, let's just say... at one part in those comics, I ran back into my room to get this book so fast, I smashed my toe on a bookshelf and kept running. (my toe was purple for a week and a half)
Christina
Apr 23, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, 2009
I don't know if I'm getting bored with the series or if the books are just not as good as they were when they started but I just didn't enjoy this one as much as the others.
Micheline
Jessica Casey
Oct 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Recommended to Jessica by: Myself.
Shelves: erin-hunter
Janiel Perez
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book by Erin Hunter. I really liked the action and the journey that the 3 got. As Jaypaw tells him littermates about the prophecy, they are struggling to believe him. But soon, they try to find what power they have.
Overall a great book
TheGracefulReader
*Review coming as soon as I find my review notebook, which is currently missing.*
Sparrowwing
May 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love these books!
Leen Gilis
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ik vind dit één van de beste delen in de serie! Dit boek zit vol onverwachte wendingen en verrassingen! Ik ben al nieuwsgierig naar het volgende deel.
 e͔̩̤͔͕̩ͮ̌̌ͩͣ́͑rͫ̊̐ṛ͖͓̲ͫ̐͗̆o̤͚̝͊̂͆r͕̗͓͎͈͍̽̉̾̂̏̉ͪ ̲̫̮͖̟̬̤̆̿͊4̹̬̌̈̈́̾̓0̪̟̮͙̠̦͒͗ͅ4̥͖̻̤̓̆ͤ͛͂̄
I've read this book before... but it was even better this time because I read books #1, #2, and #3 prior to this book, and I actually understood the plotline. Four books down, two to go. :)
Tara
only 2 more months til the next one! the plot gets more complex with each installment....
Marissa Hughes
awesome!!!!!!!!!!! I loved it. at first I read slowly and then I read it faster. if you like adventure, cats, and war then these series are for you.
Joseph Leskey
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: beings of the mortal race
This is about as fascinating as a glowing toadstool. It provides a great deal of opportunity for later books, as is usual in the Warriors series.
Mark C Shoemaker
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Impressive

It was all excitement no part drAgged along. Best in the series of power of three. Leaves you wonder what will happen next.

hiilovemarkhoppus
I'm almost done
Samantha
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I did enjoy the book, it just seems like the Erins are grasping at straws. I mean, these cats are supposed to have answers and they do but they are the vaguest answers I’ve ever read about or they’ll answer a question with a question or just give up all together.

The Erins have also really changed the leaders Blackstar and Onestar. I mean, I can understand Onestar wanting to be independent from ThunderClan but the way he’s going about it is a complete 180 and just very abrupt. If they were
Amber Jo Snyder
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is more of a review of all Warriors books than just this one. I just find it interesting that as the POV characters change between series we see slightly different personalities from the cats we read about before. The Firestar of the Power of Three is definitely not the cat from the original series. While part of that is from changes in their lives and Firestar's own experience and age, I really do think that something of his character has been lost. Maybe in the changing of his name, Fires ...more
frilledfish
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emy
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I rate this a full 5 stars and I can't wait to read the last two of The Power Of Three series.

Darkness is coming over the four clans and the threesome of Jawpaw, Hollyleaf and Lionblaze have the power of the stars in their hands so they are the ones who can stop it.
Mwlithea
Lionpaw Hollypaw and Jaypaw? 9 16 Oct 03, 2014 11:20PM
Warrior Cats! (Meow): Eclipse 1 1 Aug 23, 2013 05:40PM
WOW 29 46 Nov 13, 2012 05:27PM
Warrior Cats Fore...: Eclipse [#4] 7 6 Oct 02, 2012 07:56PM
  • The Outcast (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #8)
  • Lost Tales Of Ga'Hoole (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • Clan Ground (The Named, #2)
  • Wolf at the Window (Animal Ark Hauntings, #7)
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Phillips, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers and Survivors series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Bravelands.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the nat
More about Erin Hunter...

Warriors: Power of Three (6 books)
  • The Sight (Warriors: Power of Three, #1)
  • Dark River (Warriors: Power of Three, #2)
  • Outcast (Warriors: Power of Three, #3)
  • Long Shadows (Warriors: Power of Three, #5)
  • Sunrise (Warriors: Power of Three, #6)

“I'm not going to get myself hurt." I'm too important to let that happen.
~Jaypaw”
229 likes
“Truth is a powerful weapon ... We must be careful how we use it." (Quote by Spottedleaf, page 5)” 64 likes