Start by marking “Eclipse (Warriors: Power of Three, #4)” as Want to Read:
Eclipse (Warriors: Power of Three, #4)

Eclipse

(Warriors: Power of Three #4)

Alternate cover for this ASIN can be found here: Eclipse

Published October 6th 2009 by HarperCollins (first published August 18th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Eclipse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eclipse

Start your review of Eclipse (Warriors: Power of Three, #4)
Neil
Jan 08, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I can certainly understand the appeal of the Warriors series. Its massive, well-developed world offers the reader a truly immersive experience. However, it's just not my thing for one simple reason: the characterization sucks on toast.

'Erin Hunter' (whichever of the three authors actually responsible for Eclipse) doesn't let her characters stand on their own, preferring to hold the reader's hand and explain every nuance of conversations and thoughts.

Example, from page 34:
"That was a huge leap!" Wh
Stormy Summer
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a Warriors fan page, open to ALL! Welcome! Please comment below if you want to join Thunderclan. : )

" Hello young kit"
" Who am I? "
" Well I am Doveheart of Thunderclan"
" What is Thunderclan? My my, where did you grow? "
" Twoleg place? "
" Come with me and I will show what Thunderclan is"

Thunderclan

Jun 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Logan❤
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love HOLLYLEAF! And Lionblaze! Jayfether is okay I guess.
I own this book and I read it like, what? Three times!
And it is so AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I totally recommend it!!!!!
Enjoy!
Carrie
Sep 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, animals
It's been a while since I've been truly impressed by a Warriors book. The writing style is just on the higher end of "good", and usually the plot and characterization aren't particularly strong. Things have been pretty interesting in PoT, however. The Erins have done a good job of keeping us in the dark.
I think that if I had to choose one thing about Eclipse that I liked best (it's a hard decision), I think I would say that my favorite element was that I actually couldn't guess what would happe
Tori
Oct 25, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been attached to Erin Hunters' warrior cats ever since the first book.I now believe that somewhere,there are clans of cats with leaders who get into fierce wars.Erin Hunter adds enough life and excitement to sweep you off your feet and take right into the forest with the cats.

If I had any problems,it was with trying to picture the landscaping of the area.Although Hunter gives you a map of how the land looks like to both cats and people,you can't always look to the maps every fiv
Kayla
Aug 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: warriors
Another great Warrior book... :-)

In this book a loner, Sol, shows up and tells Leafpool and Jaypaw a mysterious Omen. A day after that there is a horrible battle, and all four clans are involved. A beloved cat, Squirrelflight, is left with a bad belly injury. Will she survive?

Meanwhile, Starclan is helpless to the horrors that are taking place in reality, as a result one clan has lost faith in them. Only time will tell if they come back.
Olivia Flies
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OH. MY. GOSH. one of the best books EEEEVAAAAA!!!!
if you also read the mangas;
when i was reading the mangas about skyclan, let's just say... at one part in those comics, I ran back into my room to get this book so fast, I smashed my toe on a bookshelf and kept running. (my toe was purple for a week and a half)
Horse Cryptid
This actually was pretty good! Also YAY character development for Jaypaw.
KylaRodas
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aoife
Feb 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All warrior fans! Read them in order everyone! :)
Like the other warrior books, I loved reading this and it was very addicting and suspenseful. The emotions that Erin Hinter is able to make you go through while reading these books proves hoe captivating they really are. You are sucked into a whole other feline world when you read these, with characters you have come to know and love and some you have come to hate... You go with them as they face problems and enemies as they overcome personal issues etc. This book is quite eventful and we meet a ...more
Oliver
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing. Jaypaw tells the others about there prophocy to have the power of the stars. Suddenly, they learn that WindClan cats have been stealing prey. A big battle starts. Then Sol, the strange rouge tells them that the sun will disappear if they fight, but ThunderClan does not listen. A battle between the four clans start, but stops when the sun fades away. Sol went to ShadowClan and got all of them to believe StarClan is a lie. The cats go off on there own, and Tawnypelt and her kits come to T ...more
Janjira
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about the clans cats Thunder Clan, Wind clan, River clan, and Shadow clan
In middle of the story is was so exciting Wind clan is attacking Thunder clan because they want to show them that thunder clan is not the only clan that are greatest, Suddenly the sun disappear, The clan thought is was massage from Star clan to stop the war.
Why should you read, you should read this book because
if you like about animals, wars, forest you should warrior cat maybe you like it. ...more
Christina
Apr 23, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
I don't know if I'm getting bored with the series or if the books are just not as good as they were when they started but I just didn't enjoy this one as much as the others.
Deborah Pickstone
Now we have loss of faith....and possible dementia?????? Anyway, the three's powers are hardly to the fore and there's some weird cat going round stirring it. The 4 clans are about as disaffected as they can be.....what will the next excert tell? I'll have to wait cos the library has a lot of holds on the last two of the series!
Kate Matson
Summary From Goodreads:
Firestar's three grandchildren have learned of the powerful prophecy that foretells their destinies, and the responsibility of deciding the Clans' future weighs heavily on the three apprentices. But each secretly yearns for power: Lionpaw dreams of being undefeatable in battle, while Hollypaw longs to be a great leader and Jaypaw knows only he can see the true past and future for them all. Their strengths are tested when ThunderClan is suddenly attacked—and all four Clans are thr
Marissa Hughes
awesome!!!!!!!!!!! I loved it. at first I read slowly and then I read it faster. if you like adventure, cats, and war then these series are for you.
TheGracefulReader
*Review coming as soon as I find my review notebook, which is currently missing.*
Chloe
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this book, an unexpected thing happens...sky’s grow dark...and clans attack. Cats, thinking that star clan did all of this, makes the clans tear apart. Lion paw dreams, of what may or not happen...the future. A mysterious cat, Sol, comes and warns the Thunder Clan, that the sky will show the fate of them. Something unexpected is going to come, weather they like it or not.
Aurora Dimitre
onestar why do you do this to me
GuineaPigFalconer
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yet another fast paced and action packed installment in the Warriors saga. Though it took me a while to get into the book, the last three-quarters or so flew by! I'm getting into territory I don't remember from reading these books in the olden days, so I look forward to seeing what happens.
Sara Jones
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought it was really good.
Leilani Cordova
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Warriors Eclipse by Erin Hunter is an amazing book. The three cats who will complete the prophecy, now know about it. The young cats have the power to decide the Clans future, each of the cats secretly discover their own powers. Their strength is going to be tested when Thunderclan gets attacked, all of the Clans are in battle, this battle is unlike any cat has ever seen.
Micheline
Ashley
Nov 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jessica Casey
Oct 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Recommended to Jessica by: Myself.
Shelves: erin-hunter
Janiel Perez
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book by Erin Hunter. I really liked the action and the journey that the 3 got. As Jaypaw tells him littermates about the prophecy, they are struggling to believe him. But soon, they try to find what power they have.
Overall a great book
 e͔̩̤͔͕̩ͮ̌̌ͩͣ́͑rͫ̊̐ṛ͖͓̲ͫ̐͗̆o̤͚̝͊̂͆r͕̗͓͎͈͍̽̉̾̂̏̉ͪ ̲̫̮͖̟̬̤̆̿͊4̹̬̌̈̈́̾̓0̪̟̮͙̠̦͒͗ͅ4̥͖̻̤̓̆ͤ͛͂̄
I've read this book before... but it was even better this time because I read books #1, #2, and #3 prior to this book, and I actually understood the plotline. Four books down, two to go. :)
Joseph Leskey
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: beings of the mortal race
This is about as fascinating as a glowing toadstool. It provides a great deal of opportunity for later books, as is usual in the Warriors series.
Tara
only 2 more months til the next one! the plot gets more complex with each installment....
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Lionpaw Hollypaw and Jaypaw? 9 16 Oct 03, 2014 11:20PM
Warrior Cats! (Meow): Eclipse 1 2 Aug 23, 2013 05:40PM
WOW 29 47 Nov 13, 2012 05:27PM
Warrior Cats Fore...: Eclipse [#4] 7 7 Oct 02, 2012 07:56PM

• The Outcast (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #8)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Wolf at the Window (Animal Ark Hauntings, #7)
  • Clan Ground (The Named, #2)
  • Guide Book To The Great Tree (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • Rising Calm (Rising Calm #1)
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Philip, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers and Survivors series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Bravelands.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natural world. As well as having a great respect f

Warriors: Power of Three (6 books)
  • The Sight (Warriors: Power of Three, #1)
  • Dark River (Warriors: Power of Three, #2)
  • Outcast (Warriors: Power of Three, #3)
  • Long Shadows (Warriors: Power of Three, #5)
  • Sunrise (Warriors: Power of Three, #6)
“I'm not going to get myself hurt." I'm too important to let that happen.
~Jaypaw”
234 likes
“Truth is a powerful weapon ... We must be careful how we use it." (Quote by Spottedleaf, page 5)” 67 likes