Start by marking “Holy Bible KJV; Reference Bible ” as Want to Read:
Holy Bible KJV; Reference Bible

Read Book* *Different edition

Holy Bible KJV; Reference Bible

4.43  ·  Rating details ·  178,051 Ratings  ·  4,595 Reviews
A complete text of the classic King James Version, this Bible includes over 45,000 center-column references, a concordance, book introductions, extensive study helps, presentation pages, the words of Christ in red, full-color maps, and a ribbon marker.
Leather Bound, (Gold Edition), 1120 pages
Published March 1st 2000 by Zondervan Publishing (first published 1611)

To ask other readers questions about Holy Bible KJV; Reference Bible, please sign up.

Charles Warner People don't reject the Bible because it contradicts it's self people reject the Bible because it contradicts them self's.

"Truth looks like hate, to…more

"Truth looks like hate, to those who hate truth"

We as Christians must stand up for truth based on the Holy Bible, based on the Holy Spirit not on the latest trends.

Read the good book (The Holy Bible) it will... Exercise your mind, feed your soul & bless your heart.(less)
Starfish Prime Because Christians, being part of the dominant religion in the West, have generally shown us nothing but hate and discrimination. I am not a pushy…moreBecause Christians, being part of the dominant religion in the West, have generally shown us nothing but hate and discrimination. I am not a pushy atheist, in fact I'm pretty indifferent about it, but all I have to do is identify with that "a" word and people react like I just said I'm a child molester or a terrorist or something. I don't judge people based on their metaphysical positions. All I ask is that you do the same thing in return.

Yes, I know. Not ALL Christians are bad people. I'm not a child, you don't have to remind me. In fact, I like the majority of you individually, but as a group, you discriminate against people of other faiths or of no faith wherever you're the majority religion.

I was once a young, bitter atheist like the people writing those comments, and I know the place where it comes from. It's that combination of persecution and youth that makes people say ignorant things.

And yes, we ARE persecuted. All you have to do is ASK ONE OF US what it's like. (Again, you don't have to remind me that Christians are persecuted in some parts of the world too. In the west, you're not. Period.)

Have some self awareness, Christians. If you want atheists to be kinder to you, be kinder to atheists. Ask yourself if you're the reason why atheists are so bitter.

“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets."

- Matthew 7:12(less)

J.G. Keely
Jun 01, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: the inconsolably confused
I usually like historical fiction, but this particular example has been so mitigated by the poorly-hidden didactic tautology of its too-many-cooks legion of anonymous authors and editors that it was rather difficult to enjoy. It also fell into a similar trap to the somewhat similar 'Da Vinci Code', in that it utilized a lot of poorly-researched materials and claimed them as fact.

A lot of the data matched up poorly with other historical accounts, especially when it came to numerical data. It see
Dennis
Aug 27, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: level a crooked table
Badly edited, poor continuity and internal consistency. Authors seem to change between books. Plot is cliched and thin, with virtually no character development save for Judas Iscariot. The main characters of Jesus and Moses are entirely one dimensional messianic figures. The novel opens with Adam and Eve, and then ignores them for the next thousand pages or so. The built-in bookmark was a nice touch, but a little pretentious.

Oddly, it wasn't shelved with the other fiction books.
Jessica
Sep 19, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
The Holy, Inspired and inerrant word of God! I can say no more than READ IT!

I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds; God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God; begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father, by whom all things were made.

Who, for us men for our salvation, came down from heaven, and was inc
Jeff Menter
Apr 09, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
God's first foray into the world of literature has made quite a splash. People the world over are talking about this book (or series of books if you want to get pedantic) and for good reason; It makes some grandiose claims, it purports to be the complete authority on almost all areas of human endeavor (aside from how to choose an internet service provider), and even makes threats to the reader.

Of course, English is not God's native tongue and this book has been translated from the original arama
Manny
I've already done a review of the New Testament, so this one will focus on the first part of the book. Looking at other reviews, most of them seem to fall into a small number of categories. First, there are the people who are telling me that this is the word of God, and the greatest book ever written. Second, there are the ones reacting to the first group and telling me that it's worthless. Third (probably the largest contingent), we have the wise guys making flippant remarks. And fourth, we hav ...more
Dina
Aug 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you're a fan of Greek mythology, this one's for you. A penchant for fiery places, gnashing of teeth, the number 666, miracle-working zombies, and utter disdain for homosexuals and feminism are helpful, but not required.

**Spoiler alert**
He dies in the end.
Adrienne
May 29, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
This is the only book you need for life. This is life's instruction manual. It will give you history, answers for EVERY issue of life, comfort in times of sorrow, encouragment, prophecy (only book with prophecies that all came true) and best of all the TRUTH of why we are here. This book is actually made of 66 books written by 40 authors over 1500 years!! It has stood the test of time. I encourage anyone to give it a try. Please do not knock it till you try it. And you dont have to start in the ...more
Max
Dec 25, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
As a work of fiction it's laughably bad and poorly conceived. Giant logical fallacies, poor character development, and all the plots are scuttled by a magical, invisible entity that's petty, cruel, tyrannical, and amoral. There is no central narrative that is worthwhile (or even believable), and each of the chapters seem written by committee rather than a singular voice. Clearly the book was so bad to begin with a team of editors had to step in and make major changes - which means no part of thi ...more
Wes
May 10, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Certainly not life changing or anything. The plot was hard to follow and the editing was horrible. The characters were painfully one-dimensional and this Jesus guy delivered some of the worst dialogue I've ever read. All in all I found it too long and it took itself way too seriously. The fact that it sells so well is beyond me and the way people hold it up you'd think God himself had written the damn thing.
Jack Osider
Nov 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I offer a a logical review for you:

Okay let's be realistic here, people who give this book one star are simply biased and blind to the beauty contained in this book. Whether you believe the theology behind this book or not you cannot deny the power and brilliance it contains. The whole idea of living is centered around the idea of love. A book with the phrase "Love you enemy" is a book unlike any before it. The poetry and proverbs are inspiring and show depth. Each book has a clearly different w
Underground Knowl...: Earlier historical versions of Jesus Christ? 371 411 Dec 21, 2017 12:50PM
Max Trim 365 1 1 Dec 20, 2017 01:40AM
Lutrevia Youth Cream 1 1 Dec 11, 2017 02:00AM
Lutrevia Youth Cream 1 1 Dec 10, 2017 11:20PM
Does the simulation argument make the bible plausible? 26 238 Nov 28, 2017 10:36AM
Challenge 1 1 Nov 27, 2017 07:06AM
  • Jesus the Christ
  • A Marvelous Work and a Wonder
  • Our Search for Happiness
  • Believing Christ: The Parable of the Bicycle and Other Good News
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.
More about Anonymous...
“And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.” 5303 likes
“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. Matthew 6:34” 826 likes