Start by marking “Dr. John Lee's Hormone Balance Made Simple: The Essential How-to Guide to Symptoms, Dosage, Timing, and More” as Want to Read:

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  178 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
For nearly a decade, millions of women have turned to Dr. John Lees classic bestsellers for groundbreaking advice treating hormone imbalances from PMS to menopause and beyond. Now, this concise, comprehensive guide answers the questions posed by thousands of letters written to Dr. Lee by women seeking specific, simplified advice on what their symptoms mean, how to determin ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published August 23rd 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Dr. John Lee's Hormone Balance Made Simple, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dr. John Lee's Hormone Balance Made Simple

Anja
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally a book on how to balance hormone levels naturally. I have great respect for Dr. Lee. He spells it out for women in a way that is easy to understand. It seems that a lit of doctors don't know enough about the subject and just disregard hormone levels. This book explains how to notice imbalances and how to treat them. Highly recommend to anybody who thinks they might suffer from an imbalance.
Laurell Dowling
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book was an easy read. Very informative. It contains a basic overview of how hormones work in your body. I started to read "What your doctor will not tell you about Menopause". This book is more technical than this book but it is a good place to start. I liked the section on Hormone Balance Test. The self test gives you a good place to start understanding some of the changes going on as you age. I recommend this book.
Lisa
Mar 09, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As someone just beginning to navigate the mysterious world of hormone replacement, I am very grateful to have the information in this book. The basics of how hormones work in the body were clearly explained, and I learned quite a bit that my own doctor--who believes in and uses bioidentical hormones herself--did not fully explain to me. I feel like I will be much better informed and able to make intelligent decisions as a result.
Ligaya Blough
May 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The title of the book says it all

This book is both comprehensive and simple enough to understand. It clearly describes how, when, and why to use hormonal supplements. It also describes the value of nutrition and adequate rest to maintaining a healthy, happy body. I highly recommend this book for anyone seeking good health and wants to keep that good health going through adulthood as a foundation to a healthy aging process.
skhart1964gmail.com
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent and very informative

My girlfriend recommended I read Dr. Lee's books. I started with this one and found it very informative. Planning to start next one today. A MUST READ for any woman experiencing menopausal symptoms and especially if her current Dr is clueless.
Monica
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health
Dr John Lee was ahead of his time when the said decades ago that synthetic hormones in conventional HRT cause breast cancer and stroke in women. He advocated bioidentical hormones esp progesterone and many women have benefitted.

A good read from a courageous and wise man.
Debbie Wells
Mar 05, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any woman, between 15 and 99
This is my favorite of all of Dr. John Lee's books. I have a copy in my car and one in my office as well. So neccesary for separating the wheat from the chaff, when it comes to learn what you need to know about estrogen dominance!
Neeter L
Mar 03, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Highly
This book is an over view of Dr. John Lee's other books, but is an easy read and references back to his other books.
Lindsey
Mar 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This really is a simple and concise look at balancing hormones. Quick to read and I learned so much.
Kimberly
Apr 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Desk reference in my den. Most helpful.
Diane Patterson
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice write up of the various hormones we have to keep track of as we get older. Spoiler: aging sucks, but I guess it's better than the alternative.
Liza
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a quick, informative read that not only gives the nuts and bolts about hormone balance, but also all-around healthy living.
Nathalie Melvin
Jan 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So glad this book was recommended to me!
Yasmin Shiraz
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Learned a lot... I think all women should learn about their hormones. This book helps to give you good info on staying in balance.
Denise Messenger
Jul 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good book in a series by Dr. Lee. Practical information for any women going through menopause or premenopause.
Kimberly Bonner
Eli
rated it it was ok
Nov 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Feeling Fat, Fuzzy or Frazzled? : A 3-Step Program to: Beat Hormone Havoc, Restore Thyroid, Adrenal, and Reproductive Balance, and Feel Better Fast!
  • Herbal Antibiotics: Natural Alternatives for Treating Drug Resistant Bacteria (Storey Medicinal Herb Guide)
  • Your Cat: Simple New Secrets to a Longer, Stronger Life
  • The Hormone Cure: Reclaim Balance, Sleep, Sex Drive and Vitality Naturally with the Gottfried Protocol
  • Oil Pulling Therapy: Detoxifying and Healing the Body Through Oral Cleansing
  • The Multi-Orgasmic Couple: Sexual Secrets Every Couple Should Know
  • Ageless: The Naked Truth About Bioidentical Hormones
  • Joyous Health: Eat and Live Well Without Dieting
  • Acupressure's Potent Points: A Guide to Self-Care for Common Ailments
  • Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes
  • This Is Why You're Sick and Tired: (And How to Look and Feel Amazing)
  • Ancient Secret of the Fountain of Youth
  • The Healing Code: 6 Minutes to Heal the Source of Your Health, Success, or Relationship Issue
  • Sacred Fire My Journey Into Ashtanga Yoga
  • The Forbidden Religion
  • Tantric Orgasm for Women
  • Dr. Lancer's Anti-Aging Method: The Breakthrough 3-Step Program for Younger Looking Skin
  • Anticlimax: A Feminist Perspective on the Sexual Revolution
John R. Lee, M.D., ( - October 17th, 2003) was a pioneer and expert in the study and use of the hormone progesterone, and on the subject of hormone replacement therapy for women.
More about John R. Lee...