Start by marking “Life-Size Aquarium” as Want to Read:
Life-Size Aquarium

Life-Size Aquarium

Not content to stay on dry land, the Life-Size phenomenon leaves the zoo for a visit to the aquarium. From the clownfish to the killer whale, sea otter to walrus, young readers will see some of their favorite animals from a perspective than they've ever had before. With informative, fun facts accompanying the stellar photographs of each animal, Life-Size Aquarium brings re ...more
Published July 29th 2010 by Seven Footer Press

To ask other readers questions about Life-Size Aquarium, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life-Size Aquarium

Pam
Leafy sea dragon, lionfish, dolphin, penguin, humphead wrasse, dugong, tropical fish, catfish, ocean sunfish, sea turtle, jellyfish, orca, clownfish, Japanese spider crab, Japanese giant salamander, sea otter, beluga, walrus
Angie
Jan 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
GORGEOUS. All sorts of interesting facts accompany very cool photography. A nice touch is the diagram that shows what part of the animal is portrayed in the photograph. The fold out pages are especially fantastic.

I now want to get all of the series for the school library. They will be much loved very quickly. Probably to the point of them falling apart way too soon but that is quite often the price of business. (Note to self: check Bound to Stay Bound ... do they have them available?)

PS A hit wi
Becky B
An introduction to several common aquarium/zoo residents featuring life-size photographs of the animals, one sentence about the creatures, and optional side-bars with further information and fun facts.

Kids should love the huge, vibrant photographs of these animals. You can read it at two levels, just the one sentence with short-attention span readers, or with all the side-bar info for the more patient. This is one that can grow with the reader.
Michelle
Oct 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The cover of our book doesn't look like this one. Ours has a penguin on the front.
This book was a blast to read with the kids. It shows the real size of ocean creatures, information about them and their environment, as well as fun facts and ways you can "save the ocean". It was a delight to look at and a delight to read.
Elizabeth
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
My two-year old is obsessed with this series of Life-Size books. The photos are great! We read these together and have conversations about the animals; I rarely read the text to her. I can imagine using the books in this series for storytimes while singing or reciting relevant songs and rhymes--or purely for visual appeal.
Magila
Apr 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful photos. Life size animals. A few facts. This book is perfect for wee ones.

The only issue is if you are an animal liberation type. The book reflects the mindset that zoos are good, so it says things like dolphins like to perform tricks for people. If that will offend you, don't get the book. I have no qualms with it, and therefore find the book flawless!
Meg
Dec 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, nonfiction
REALLY cool photography in this book, depicting sea life animals in their life-sizes on the page! The only reason I can't give it five stars is due to a slightly jumbled, potentially-confusing layout for the information accompanying the photos.
Westerville
Oct 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids, non-fiction
As with Life-Size Farm, these photos are really (hilariously) actual size. - Becky, Youth Services

Reserve a library copy.
Rachel
May 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Jacob and Graham LOVE this book. Big, beautiful pictures and simple text make it a perfect nonfiction book for youngsters. There are also more detailed facts in the sidebars that may interest older readers.
Rebecca
Oct 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
As with Life-Size Farm, these photos are really (hilariously) actual size. This would be fun to take to a class visit.
MsDelia
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My kids, 4 and 8 love this book. The book is huge, maybe 12x18 and that alone is cool to them. Great photos and facts, tiny cartoon people and fold out pages too. The inside cover has a neat cartoon of an imaginary aquarium that we love to study over.
Jen
Mar 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
I use this in preschool and baby storytimes -- I don't read it outloud, but share the pictures and we stand up different sized kids next to animals (esp. the dolphin and the big 2-page fish) to see how they compare. Big hit with both ages, as well as adults.
Allison
Mar 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Grade: 1-5
Topic: ocean life, fish, aquariums
Sabrina
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Read this with Caden. The pictures are beautiful and fun. We really enjoyed it.
Gloria Ng
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
awesome life-size animal pics!
Leslie Zinsmeister
Awesome, possum!
Vivian
Jan 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
The children attending library story time enjoyed standing next to the book and seeing how much bigger they are than this little penguin!
John
Jan 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011, science
Share "Life-Size Aquarium" with a first grade boy and he'll spend hours looking at its photographs. Stunning.
Susan
Jan 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-non-fiction
Lola loves this book so much! The pictures are amazing.
Dan
Apr 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: animal-books
Real size pictures of aquarium animals.
Elizabeth