Start by marking “Different Paths (Stella Crown Mystery, #5)” as Want to Read:
Different Paths (Stella Crown Mystery, #5)

Different Paths

(Stella Crown Mystery #5)

When Stellaas friend and veterinarian Carla Beaumont is car-jacked itas just the beginning of a rash of vicious attacks on local business women. A truck driver, minister, and personal trainer are next in line for vandalism and theft, but the community is shaken to the core when the kind-hearted Dr. Peterson is found murdered in her office.
Stella, worried that she and her
Published May 1st 2009 by Poisoned Pen Press (first published September 1st 2008)

Debra Lavoie
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found Judy Clemens by typing in a search for Reaper books. I liked her style of writing so much that I loaned as many books as I could. I found her Stella Crown mystery series and I am loving it! I read them out of order which did not matter each book can stand alone. Her characters are rich and fully developed the more of the series books I have read. Stella is a strong woman and is unconventional.She has a strong personality and has some interesting adventures.
Barbara Brandon
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not as much h drama

This book introduces some new characters and also features all the old favorites. Somebody seems to be targeting women in the little community near Stella's farm. Several women are hurt and finally one is killed. The culprit is unexpected and doesn't give up easily. I'm looking forward to book #6.
Bliss
Oct 04, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, romance
judy
Nov 15, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-thriller
This is number 5 in the Stella Crown series but the first one for me. I didn't expect much of it, since I hadn't heard of the author but it turned out to be a good mystery, well-plotted and well-paced. The characters are multidimensional and, for the most part, real. Stella herself has some flaws she could work on--but don't hold your breath. If there is a negative here it is that Stella is a dairy farmer. Even murder doesn't relieve the necessity to milk the cows twice a day and muck out the st ...more
Spuddie
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great entry in the Stella Crown series, set in rural Pennsylvania. One of the reasons I like Stella is that she's not easily pigeonholed; she's an independent dairy farmer with loose ties to the Mennonite church, but also a tattooed biker chick. She has an awesome set of friends as secondary characters and runs into a few interesting problems out in the countryside.

For quite some time, I put off reading this book as I had thought it was the last one in the series, but there is another, w
Jean
Mar 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read the entire series and loved them all. I love Stella. She's an off beat dairy farmer, living in Pennsylvania, and gets into all kinds of trouble solving crimes in her community. There's a lot of local color in these books, about the Mennonite community in PA. Great characters, busting stereotypes about tattoos and bikers. This series is available for ereaders from the publishers, Poisoned Pen Press.
Sharon
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Different Paths" is exciting and will keep you wanting more. Stella is still caring for her cows and her farm. Stella and Nick are still together and making plans for their futures. A great read that will keep you guessing "Who done it?"
Gina Guesby Mays
I loved it! I love Stella! I want the rest of the story!!!
Julie
Jul 03, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It seems these Stella Crown mysteries always have some sort of social agenda to push. This is no exception but this book wasn't quite so preachy; therefore, more enjoyable.
Kristi Murdock
Jan 07, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was good and I will look for more.
Amy
May 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this entry in the Stella Crown series. This time Stella is trying to stop a series of crimes against women in her small community.
Debra
Dec 21, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another satisfying Stella Crown mystery.
Jodie
Mar 22, 2017
Rita Sarrano
Nov 06, 2016
Audrey
rated it did not like it
Jan 29, 2016
Feb 13, 2013
Bev Mcconnell
Feb 21, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Judy Clemens is the author of LEAVE TOMORROW BEHIND, the newest book in the Anthony and Agatha-nominated Stella Crown mysteries. She also writes the Grim Reaper mysteries, and wrote LOST SONS, which is a stand-alone.

She lives in the beautiful state of Ohio with her family.

Stella Crown Mystery (6 books)
  • Till the Cows Come Home (Stella Crown Mystery, #1)
  • Three Can Keep a Secret (Stella Crown Mystery, #2)
  • To Thine Own Self Be True (Stella Crown Mystery, #3)
  • The Day Will Come (Stella Crown Mystery, #4)
  • Leave Tomorrow Behind (Stella Crown Mystery, #6)