Start by marking “Untamed (House of Night, #4)” as Want to Read:
Untamed (House of Night, #4)

Untamed (House of Night #4)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  200,681 Ratings  ·  3,390 Reviews
Zoey Redbird's adventures at vampyre finishing school take a wild and dangerous turn as loyalties are tested and shocking true intentions come to light, in this spellbinding fourth novel in the House of Night series.
Published April 1st 2010 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published September 23rd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Untamed, please sign up.

Devz Milady Aint that funny considering the person doing the slut-shaming i.e. Zoey is the only actual ho and slut ?
ilove123 It most was to do with zoey and her friends but I gathered a lot from this book it had more depth than just relationships she was trying to get to…moreIt most was to do with zoey and her friends but I gathered a lot from this book it had more depth than just relationships she was trying to get to know herself more and that is what it meant by untamed as she couldn't figure out how to free herself from her thoughts and she felt lost within herself. But that's just my point of view(less)

Rhiana
Sep 25, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I like the general story line and the characters, but the redundant writing is getting a little old. Constant vocabulary lessons from Damien, the author describes everyone over and over again, everything from their personalities to their day to day clothing choices. Everytime the Grandmother speaks she calls Zoey the Cherokee word for daughter and every single time the author explains that the word makes her feel safe. There is a whole lot of explaining and back story and description and really ...more
Bex
Apr 27, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Right off the bat, this is my favorite book of The House of Night series. Yes, it's only book 4, but it is fantastic. This book doesn't deal with Zoey's love life as much as the others have. I'm all for the ooey-gooey bits, but this one does well without her having a boy (or man) in her life. It focuses on Zoey coming into her own and she is beginning to portray the high priestess that she really is.

A new character, Stark, is introduced, but his part is just too short in this book, so I'm hopin
Sunsontops
Aug 10, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I TOTALLY NEED TO VENT AT THE STUPIDITY/IDIOCY/AND OBVIOUS MENTAL ISSUES OF THE MAIN CHARACTER.

OK, honestly, what type of reaction would you expect from someone who used to be your boyfriend and CAUGHT you in the action of not only making out with someone, but down right naked in a freakin room at school doing the freak nasty to a teacher. LIKE REALLY, HAVE YOU NO SHAME OR BRAINS. THUS, THIS STUPID PARAGRAPH GETS ON MY NERVES.

'Erik looked at me. His blue eyes were absolutely expressionless, whic
Maria
Sep 29, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, so I really hated the last book and I told myself I wasn't going to read anymore of this series, but I came across a cheap electronic version and I couldn't help myself. I am glad I did. This book was so much better than the previous ones, my only two complaints are: 1. too short!! and 2. I know this is targeted towards a young audience, but come on, does Zoe really need multiple love interests in every book!!!? And to make it worse, does she really have to fall "head over heels" for EVERY g ...more
Arinda
Mar 21, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Abby Ellis
Jul 16, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I found the book so fucking annoying. Why is Zoey such a ho and a hypocrite? She and her friends call Aphrodite a ho when Zoey is a ho! I mean, she was dating Erik, Loren, and Heath. At the same time! Then she goes after Stark and when it's been two or three days she starts kissing up on him! What the hell?

The fact that she has to mention that Damien and Jack are gay and that Shaunee and Erin aren't twins gets on my nerves every time!

Then she gets all mad when Erik starts to call her a slut! Can
Nikoleta
Jul 21, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Αυτό το βιβλίο μου άρεσε περισσότερο από τα προηγούμενα, καθώς οι χαρακτήρες μου φάνηκαν αρκετά πιο ώριμοι. Ειδικά όσον αφορά την πρωταγωνίστρια Ζόι, νομίζω ότι έγινε άλμα στις μεταξύ μας σχέσεις, εφόσον σταμάτησε να φλερτάρει με 452 άντρες ταυτόχρονα, για να ασχοληθεί με πιο σοβαρά θέματα, οπότε σταμάτησα να θέλω να περάσω από πάνω της με φορτηγο.
Ένα θέμα είχα μόνο, το βιβλίο είναι γεμάτο πολλές, περιττές συζητήσεις, που τραβάνε πολύ και νιώθω ότι δεν θα τελειώσουν ποτέ, άλλωστε αυτός είναι και
Courtney
Sep 12, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Twilight
Okay, even though I haven't been a teen for a couple of years (uhm, make that over a decade), I'm a HUGE fan of the House of Night series. (Rather obvious, considering I bought it on the date of its release) Marked, Betrayed and Chosen were superb! That said, I really enjoyed Untamed, but if I had to order the books according to preference - it'd be fourth on my list.

I eagerly await Hunted. And the twists and turns I anticipate (and can't even imagine) will result from the events in Untamed. (N
Cyna
Aug 18, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So when we last left Zoey, Erik had mercilessly slut-shamed Zoey until her friends abandoned her, Loren had died, and Neferet was evilly declaring war against humans for those murders that she totally didn’t do. Untamed picks up like a day or two later, with Zoey sulking because her friends are angry at her for not telling them things I can’t be fucked to remember. I think it was about Stevie Rae? Also possibly Loren? Anyway, the vital part is that Zoey’s adrift with only Aphrodite as an ally, w ...more
Jacey
Mar 08, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It's a good thing these teen vampire dramas take only a couple of hours to read. I've read the first four of this series and each one made me vomit in my mouth just a little more. Seriously. I know, you're asking why I have read 4 if the first one made me throw up even just a little. Well, it's a funny thing, I'd rather stick a book out on the off chance that the ending makes the whole thing worth it, than never know if the ending made the whole thing worth it. Now mind you, the ending-making-a- ...more
Did u like Stark, Heath, Or Erik 131 543 Oct 02, 2017 08:17AM
Kiss, Slap, Kill. 40 198 Mar 07, 2016 10:25AM
Would you rather be a Blue fledgling or a Red fledgling? 19 71 Nov 15, 2014 06:03PM
Your favourite character? 13 38 Nov 07, 2014 06:37AM
Addicted to YA: Untamed 3 218 Sep 01, 2014 03:57AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add/combine 4 16 May 30, 2013 11:38AM
  • The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)
  • Revelations (Blue Bloods, #3)
  • Vampireville (Vampire Kisses, #3)
  • Stake That (Blood Coven Vampire, #2)
  • Night World, No. 2 (Night World, #4-6)
  • Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)
  • Eternal (Tantalize, #2)
  • Initiation (Vampire Beach, #2)
PC was born in the Midwest, and grew up being shuttled back-and-forth between Illinois and Oklahoma, which is where she fell in love with Quarter Horses and mythology (at about the same time). After high school, she joined the United States Air Force and began public speaking and writing. After her tour in the USAF, she taught high school for 15 years before retiring to write full time. PC is a #1 ...more
More about P.C. Cast...

House of Night (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Marked (House of Night, #1)
  • Betrayed (House of Night, #2)
  • Chosen (House of Night, #3)
  • Hunted (House of Night, #5)
  • Tempted (House of Night, #6)
  • Burned (House of Night, #7)
  • Awakened (House of Night, #8)
  • Destined (House of Night, #9)
  • Hidden (House of Night, #10)
  • Revealed (House of Night, #11)
“Because you are the superhero fledgling. I’m just your more attractive sidekick. Oh, and the herd of nerds are your dorky minions.” 555 likes
“I should have kissed more than your hand...thought I'd have more time," he whispered between liquid, panting breaths. "...too late now."
I looked into his eyes and completely forgot the rest of the world. In that moment, all I knew was that I was holding Stark in my arms, and I was going to lose him very, very soon.”
422 likes