Start by marking “Ready For Love (Ready For Romance & Ready For Marriage)” as Want to Read:
Ready For Love (Ready For Romance & Ready For Marriage)

Ready For Love (Dryden Brothers #1-2)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  1,043 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
Ready for Romance?
At the age of fourteen, Jessica Kellerman was wildly infatuated with Evan Dryden. But that was just a teenage crush and now, almost ten years later, she's in love—truly in love—with his older brother, Damian. But everyone, including Damian, believes she's carrying a torch for Evan!

Ready for Marriage?
Mary Jo Summerhill is the woman in love with Evan. But
Published May 1st 2010 by MIRA (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Ready For Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ready For Love

Ginaleen
Oct 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
-One of the best love stories I've read :) -
Sharon
I received this book as part of a care package and gave it a go. While it is not my normal literary fare, I can see how this would be considered "just right" for readers of a certain genre.
Sierra
Apr 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay DEFINITELY one of my favorite books!!!!!! I almost started crying at the end of Ready for Romance... I didn't like Ready for Marriage as well.
Kim Hampton
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the characters in this book, and I was happy to see them both find the woman of their dreams.
Shayna Wark
Look at me, still reading romance stories. This one wasn't like the others though, in a few ways that I both enjoyed and was konda like "ehhh" to.

First, let's talk about the fact that it was the men who were confused with their feelings!! You don't see that every day, do you? Normally its the women who can't see what's right under their noses, but in this book the women knew exactly what they wanted. And I like a girl who knows what she wants. Shows her strength.

But we also have two workplace ro
Sandra
Feb 08, 2017 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
I just could not get into this book and gave up reading it.
Linda
Jan 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Debbie Macomber's books are always great. This one has two related stories. The first is Ready for Romance and is about a young woman who had a teenage crush on a neighbor and has now gone to work for this young man. But she is no longer in love with him, now she loves his brother. The second story is Ready for Marriage and is about the same people as in the first story. One of the brothers fell hard for a young woman and he thought she fell for him when out of the blue, she returned his ring an ...more
Jan Mcleod
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has two stories, but the second one is a continuation of the first one centering on other family characters.
The plot of the first story bears some resemblance to the wonderful old movie Sabrina starring William Holden, Humphrey Bogart, and Audrey Hepburn. The characters are powerfully developed, there is plenty of action that keeps the story moving and very interesting, and there's even some surprising twists--all if it running the gamut of emotions.
The second story has even more actio
Corky
Aug 13, 2010 rated it liked it
Evan Dryden meets then loses the girl of his dreams. Now, three years later, ex-fiancée Mary Jo Summerhill is in his office asking for Evan's help. Evan coerces Mary Jo, a teacher on summer break, into working for him while his secretary takes an extended vacation in exchange for his handling of her parents' legal problems. Mary Jo loved Evan enough to leave him once before knowing Evan and his powerful family were way out of her league. She is determined not to fall again and Evan is equally de ...more
Maria
Apr 06, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I need a simple romance that is heartwarming, Macomber is one of the authors I reach for. I like this double story because I enjoy stories about families coming together. I especially like the first one because I could see myself over reacting like this, and I would wish for such a happy ending. The second one I didn't like as much but it was still ok.
Karen
Feb 28, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2 books in one again.

Ready for Romance
Jessica fell for Evan at 14 and when she grew up, his older brother Damian was the one.

Ready for Marriage
Mary Jo was given the impression that she was not Evan's political match as a wife. Years after she broke it off with him she needed his help. Will he give it? Can she work for her only love?
Nyss
Jul 29, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading this book is like reading the script of a Filipino telenovela.

The moment I read a few pages, I knew what was going to happen because the plots used in both stories are something a lot of movies and books have already used.

However, the good thing about reading this book is that it is an easy read. You can finish reading this quickly without actually doing a lot of thinking.
Cheriwinkle
I am a big fan of Debbie McComber, and this 'double book' premise was fascinating, but I get quickly irritated with plots where the tension is created by the female character constantly unable to stand up for herself or speak her mind when needed. I almost quit reading 'Ready For Romance' because of that and Mary Jo was equally frustrating in 'Ready For Marriage'.
Trisha
Apr 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Totally loved this book! I could not put it down. It helped that I was stuck in a hotel room in D.C. while my family toured our nations capitol. After two days of walking all over with them my back was done. This book was a nice distraction from the pain. Luckily after a few days being down I could go out with them for half days.
Ngoc Emily Le
Jun 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I spent my whole day reading this :)
I love Damian and Jessica's story! It was just perfect! But Evan and Mary Jo's story is ok, since both of them annoys be most of the time :P.
My first Debbie Macomber's book is not that bad after all :)
DeAnna
Jan 21, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first Debbie Macomber book ever. I didn't realize it was going to be a retelling of the "Sabrina" story, which is one of my favorites (the Audry Hepburn version, but I like the Julia Ormond version, too). That might be why I didn't get into this book as much as I'd hoped I would.
LaRae
May 08, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good romance book about a girl and two brothers. Modern Day. Both Brothers are successful and are attorneys. Very clean and fun.
Sue Stelly
Je poblázněna mužem A. Po několika letech si začne s mužem B, jenže muž A o ni projeví zájem, zatímco B o ni nemá zájem...
Měla by si ujasnit, co vlastně chce... Nebo koho...
Mariely Rodriguez
Aug 20, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book!! This is a true romance novel!!!
I was on the train grinning each time I read this book, and I never wanted to put it down..
Heidi
Apr 09, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: feminine-fluff
Light & fluffy reads, first one set in Boston.
Alice
Feb 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the best Macomber books yet.
Rhonda
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
another one of my favorites that I keep reading over and over again. Love this book :)
Ginny
Jun 02, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: donated, romance
Two books combined in one binding. Typical romance, features two brothers and the misunderstandings as they find and finally marry the two women of there dreams. Good mind candy, not memorable.
Michele Tanton
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story line, but you pretty much knew how it would end up. Good, sappy romance for a winter's day though.
Mysterylady
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. A great read.
Crystal
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
great book with lovable characters. I couldn;'t help but picture the Crane brothers as the two stories unfolded. fast read.
Megan
Apr 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Debbie Macomber!
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • About That Man (The Trinity Harbor Trilogy, #1)
  • Dream Makers: Untamed / Less of a Stranger
  • Fool Me Once
  • Some Enchanted Season (Bethlehem, #2)
  • Together Alone
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #3.5 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Timeswept Brides
  • The Hostage (Great Chicago Fire Trilogy #1)
  • The Bakery Sisters Bundle
  • Homeward the Seeking Heart (Orphan Train West, #2)
  • The Carpenter's Lady
  • Always and Forever
  • Sisters Found (Hawk's Way, #13)
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 1,000 weeks on the New York Time ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...

Dryden Brothers (3 books)
  • Ready for Romance