Start by marking “Blue Bloods: The Graphic Novel” as Want to Read:
Blue Bloods: The Graphic Novel

Blue Bloods: The Graphic Novel (Blue Bloods: The Graphic Novel #1)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  1,859 Ratings  ·  195 Reviews
Look for the first Blue Bloods novel, beautifully ilustrated and brought to life.
112 pages
Published January 15th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Blue Bloods, please sign up.
n For anyone who is looking: I found my copy on Better World Books. It might have library stuff on it (mine did), but it's still a really good service.
Vampire Academy by Richelle MeadTwilight by Stephenie MeyerTwilight by Stephenie MeyerNew Moon by Stephenie MeyerFrostbite by Richelle Mead
Favorite Graphic Novels
143 books — 259 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadThe Elite by Kiera CassRequiem by Lauren Oliver
YA Novels of 2013
1,573 books — 11,044 voters

More lists with this book...

aria [dear darling reader]
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'd have to say this graphic novel is so good... It made me want to read the actual series.

First, i think the plot is so unique from other vampire ya novels that I've read so far.

Two, the illustrations... Oh they are just so beautiful!

What else? The ending.. It was kind of intriguing and I reall could relate to this Sky girl. I just don't understand why she had to have a really weird name.. Lol.
Nasty Lady MJ
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
To see full review click here.

As you know by now, I'm a huge fan of Melissa de la Cruz's series Blue Bloods. This series had everything for me great characters, New York glamour, paranormal, intricate mysteries, and some pretty good world building. However, as of late I've been getting annoyed with the books. It started with the fifth book. A lot of people thought the series should've ended after the fourth book, but I wasn't so sure. I thought there was still a lot to work with this series. Th
Anne
Jan 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't remember the first book being quite so interesting, so I'd say this is a win for the graphic novel.
It's been years since I read Blue Bloods, and even though it's got a huge following, I never really managed to go back for more. Honestly, I can't remember exactly why, though. I vaguely remember thinking it was a bit too full of unnecessary...something...that made it thick and boring.
However, this graphic novel made me think that it might be worth a re-read. Maybe it's only because all th
Nancy The book junkie
It's been a while since i read Blue blood but i felt like this graphic novel was pretty true to the book. Of course a lot has been cut but the important parts were there and the art was pretty similar to the way i imagined most of the characters. I hope the rest of the series will be made as well!
Jenni
Jun 22, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I just saw the cover! Itäs so beautiful, definitely worth reading in graphic format! :D
Melissa Chung
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sigh 3.5 I got sucked in.....like always. I have never read this book in its original form and now I'm kind of bummed I didn't buy the three that was at the library bookstore yesterday. Maybe on Monday they will still be there.

Blue Bloods reminded me of a few YA supernatural books that I've read in the past. A little bit of Fallen by Lauren Kate, a little bit of Mortal Instruments, a little bit of Beautiful Creatures. I'm sure there is more, but those were the ones I could identify right away.

Sc
Lauren
Apr 30, 2010 marked it as to-read
i really can't wait to see how this turns out. they made a graphic novel for twilight and it was, in my opinion, really well done.
the artist would have to be perfect though.
the problem with changing mediums (ex. book -> movie/graphic novel) is that everybody has their own idea of how each of the characters should look and how their surroundings should look. only a really great artist who is familiar with the series will bee able to pull it off well.
Catherine
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: awesomeness-2017
Very interesting take on what vampires are. I think I have a new book series to start next year now thanks to reading the graphic novel.
Moriah Venable
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I remember trying to read the first book when I was a senior in high school and I couldnt get into it. So seeing that there was a Graphic Novel was great because I got to see the main plot of the book. I was really wrong about it. I had the setting was like in the 1600's the whole time. I didn't know that it changes. I am interested to learned Sky and Jack's relationships. As well as Jack's father relationship with Sky's mother. I personally think they were lovers but she left him to be with Sky ...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
The art was really good in some moments and good in others. So basically I like the art style. And this one was interesting. I been contemplating whether to read the books or not and thought, huh, didn't know there was a graphic novel and wanted to start with that. After reading, I think I might finally get around to reading the books. Might. Heard the series is like Gossip Girl with vampires, in a way or something.
Dov Zeller
A fun little vampire story. Very white and old money (vampire) crowd. There is even a joke about one looking like Kate Moss. Um, har? I don't know, the art is good, the story is okay. Entertainment without any vitamins? I'll probably read the next installment if/when it comes out unless I forget to, which is a distinct possibility.
Diamond
Oct 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the Blue Bloods series
While I am a lover of graphic novels and a lover of young adult books, I haven't read any graphic novel versions of ya in the past. I really enjoyed the Blue Bloods series though, which I started earlier this year, and thought this would be really good.

For the most part, I really enjoyed this graphic novel. The colors were great, and many of the characters were drawn spot-on. My biggest concern is how Jack Force and Cordelia Van Alen were drawn. Jack is supposed to be super hot and fine. He was
Liviania
Jan 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
With the release of the final book in the Blue Bloods series, GATES OF PARADISE, it's nice that the graphic novel adaptation of the first book is coming out now. I read it before GATES OF PARADISE to remind myself where Schuyler Van Alen and her friends started, eight books ago. I think other fans of the series will also find it a pleasant refresher, although I don't know if they'll continue to read the graphic adaptations.

The story is still good. Young prep school kids are getting murdered. Oth
Rachel R. (My Book Empire)
3.5 out of 5 stars

I haven't read the series yet, but I think I got the gist of the story. In the beginning, I felt like there was something big that was missing because there were only a few pages dedicated for Catherine Carver's diary and I didn't quite understand what she was and who she was talking about.

What I liked about it is that they put the role of each character and their reputation as well. And the illustrations were amazing too. I now have a picture in my mind of each character once
Trish
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This graphic novel relates the story of the first novel in the eponymous Blue Bloods series.

The first thing you will notice is that the art is absolutely dripping with vivacity and beauty. After reading it I leafed though it several more times just to gaze at the art. The characters look gorgeous and the character designs are distinct enough you never confuse characters. There are helpful tags as each character is introduced to help you remember each character's name and general role in the stor
Faith Hicks
Feb 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-comics
A good example of how problematic adapting YA franchises to comics can be. However, I gave this 3 stars because the artwork by Alina Urusov was gorgeous. I'd like to see more of her work, with a better story.
Taschima
Nov 12, 2011 marked it as to-read
Yes, definitely going to try to get this. Depending on the price of course. My first priority is always the book itself rather than the comic of it.

I like this new trend of making good YA novels into comic books. Broader audience, and just plain good.
Nickcole
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 5

I didn't want this story to end because it was so exciting the art was really good. My real concern is that it reminded me of Mortal Instruments. Other than that the story was really engaging and again I can't say it enough, but the art was AMAZING!
Cath
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I read the first three books in the book series back in my 'twilight days' and the books were okay, not amazing.
This graphic novel was alright actually, the art was good and the story was condensed really well.
4/5
Gary Butler
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
14th book read in 2016.

Number 167 out of 507 on my all time book list.

Review Pending:
Naailah
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Kind of hard to follow at times
GingerQueen
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So I haven't actually read the book but the graphic novel WAS SO COOL!!
AND THE ART IS AMAZING YALL
LIKE SO GOOOOOD!!!!
Joan
Mar 05, 2014 rated it did not like it
Terrible. Awful. It is really an incredibly done summary of the book, highly confusing and incoherent. I'd have put it in my couldn't finish bookshelf but was stuck waiting at the car garage.
Zero vi Britannia
Why does every YA book have to become a graphic novel? Who the $@#& started this trend?
Jillian (bookishandnerdy)
I need the next one. So pretty and nice way to remind me of what happened in the beginning of the series.
Crystal Johnson
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Fantastic art! I usually donate 95% of the books I've read to Little Free Libraries but I think I will be holding onto this one because the art is that good.

Story line moves smoothly and is engaging, although I am not familiar with the books having read just this graphic novel. I am intrigued enough to search for the original book now.
Alexis
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars.

The plot was okay. The art was okay. The characters were okay. This book was (yep, you guessed it) okay.

I definitely wouldn't read the full novels for this series.

My first completed book for the Booktube-A-Thon (yes, I'm extremely behind). This meets the challenge "read a book you got because of the cover."
Dede
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I missed this world 😍😔
I'ma Reader
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this was the best graphic novel I've read
  • Frostbite: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #2)
  • Vampire Kisses: Graveyard Games, Volume 1
  • House of Night #1 (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush: The Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Sanctuary (Wicked Lovely: Desert Tales, #1)
  • New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #3)
  • City of Bones: The Graphic Novel
  • The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 1 (Dark-Hunter Manga, #1)
  • Witch & Wizard: The Manga, Vol. 1
  • Beautiful Creatures: The Manga
  • Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Circus of the Damned, Volume 1: The Charmer
Melissa de la Cruz is the New York Times and USA Today best-selling author of many critically acclaimed and award-winning novels for teens including The Au Pairs series, the Blue Bloods series, the Ashleys series, the Angels on Sunset Boulevard series and the semi-autobiographical novel Fresh off the Boat.

Her books for adults include the novel Cat’s Meow, the anthology Girls Who Like Boys Who Like
More about Melissa de la Cruz

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Paradise Lost (The Vampire Diaries; Evensong, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Obsidian Curse (A Stacy Justice Mystery #5)
  • A History of Glitter and Blood
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Steeplejack (Steeplejack #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Oz Reimagined: New Tales from the Emerald City and Beyond
  • Long May She Reign
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Song of Achilles
    $11.74 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Sins of Empire (Gods of Blood and Powder, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Black Tuesday (Time Patrol)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Rogue Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #3)
  • Cloaked in Red
  • Warrior's Revenge
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fire and Bone (Otherborn, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Pale Queen Rising (Pale Queen, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Emerald Isle (A Stacy Justice Mystery #4)
  • The Elven
  • Children of the New World
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Best of Robert E. Howard: Crimson Shadows (Volume 1)
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Romeo Catchers (The Casquette Girls #2)
  • The Graveyard Book, Volume 1
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Devil in Silver
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Hunt (Disrupted Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Quantum Thief (The Jean le Flambeur Series, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Starship Grifters (Rex Nihilo #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fields of Fire (Frontlines, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Changelings (The Twins of Petaybee, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Darwin Elevator (Dire Earth Cycle, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Country of Ice Cream Star
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The Cottingley Secret
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Blood Gamble (Disrupted Magic, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Closed and Common Orbit (Wayfarers, #2)