Start by marking “The Knot Fairy [With CD]” as Want to Read:
The Knot Fairy [With CD]

The Knot Fairy [With CD]

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  44 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
A mischievous little fairy dressed in pajamas and fuzzy slippers visits children while they sleep in this enchanting story. The fairy is responsible for the knots and tangles children's hair when they awaken. Captivating illustrations accompany this magical story revealing a magical explanation for tangled hair. An audio CD with the story and an original fairy song are als ...more
Published July 15th 2007 by Best Fairy Books (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Knot Fairy [With CD], please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Knot Fairy [With CD]

Julie Barrett
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Knot Fairy by Bobbie Hinman
I can't pass up a colorful children's book. Silly children's book about a fairy that has knots in her hair.
Like how the words are separate from the pictures so they are not hard to read.
The fairy that visits the children after they are asleep does something special...There is a cute poem/song about her.
Other works by the author that highlight other fairies are included at the end.
Perfumegirl
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Great book, super illustrations, a wonderful read, especially if you have a little girl that gets knots in her hair...
Susan Riegger
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I listened to the "Knot Fairy" on my Cd player. This is a picturebook that is written for the Nursery school student. The story is about a fairy who visits the home of children and ties knots in their hair while they are sleeping. There is also a song that can be sung to the tune of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and it is written and illustrated in a beautiful, non-threathening sentences and colors. Nursery students will love to have an explanation of why they go to bed with hair that has been b ...more
Shannon McGee
Jan 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: faeries
A sweet little tale of a fairy that ties knots in your hair while you sleep. The book comes with an audio CD of a reading of the story with a song at the end. I recommend listening to the CD while you read the book. The illustrations are just as adorable as the book, they fit it perfectly. I can see this as a books the kids will like to read or listen to again and again.
Dawn
Mar 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is a very cute story which my 5 year old daughter loved. She has very sensitive hair follicles, and so knows first hand the pain of waking up to a full head of knots that Mommy will have to brush out.
Suzy
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mya
My daughter loved this book for her bedtime story and she loved all the pretty illustrations!
Rachel
Jan 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kiddos
My Daughter LOVES this book! She is only 19 months old..and all she asks for at bedtime is "fairy" , we read it every single night. I really enjoy reading it to her.
Wendy
Sep 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
My aunt bought this for my girls before she met them... it is very appropriate!
Angie
Dec 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I haven't listened to the CD but the book is entertaining. Kid denies having a knot fairy visit her head but loves the story :)
Megan B
Oct 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
A book about a fairy that comes in the night and ties hair into knots -- the explanation of bed head. Again, I'm a sucker for well written rhyming books.
Tracie
May 08, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
My 3 year old daughter and I both enjoyed this little fairy's story about knotting children's hair while they are sleeping. The illustrations are adorable.
Melissa
Oct 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
See my review under Hinman's other fairy book - Knot Fairy. Very cute books.
Michelle
Aug 26, 2008 marked it as to-read
this looks too cute!!! read the synopsis and really would love to find this book!
Rebecca
Jan 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I just love this story my eight year old laughed and said well no wonder my hair is so tangled all the time... maybe I can try to capture her and teach her a lesson because these tangles hurt... lol
Kim Maddin
Aug 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
My mom use to tell me that there was a fairy that came at night and tied knotsa in my hair, and in this sweet book, I find out it is trye!
Natalie
Jan 02, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s
We got this because it had a CD for read-along. Our 3-year old now calls out to me, 'Mama, tell the knot fairly not to come tonight!' - he took it pretty seriously.
Rick F.
Dec 09, 2016
sarah
Sep 03, 2008
Bobbie
Mar 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Angela
Dec 04, 2010
Sheri
rated it it was ok
Oct 26, 2009
Bobbie Hinman holds a B.S. degree in Elementary Education and is a former elementary teacher. She has applied her knowledge of children’s literature to the creation of a series of fanciful fairy books that have received 26 children's book awards.
Bobbie’s premise is simple - Who better to blame it on than a fairy?
•The Fart Fairy is responsible for embarrassing sounds and odors.
•The Knot Fairy
More about Bobbie Hinman...