Start by marking “The Magic Key (Fairy Realm, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Magic Key (Fairy Realm, #5)

The Magic Key (Fairy Realm #5)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  898 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Enter the Realm of Enchantment...

Jessie returns to the magical Realm for the fifth time. The magic of the Realm has rescued her home from terrible fires, she has saved the Realm's magical people from a wicked imposter, kept the griffin guards under control, and saved the fairy-apple trees.

Now it's Jessie's birthday, and she finds herself chasing a rainbow. She's got to get
Published March 30th 2004 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2002)

Jessie Luevano
Aug 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I need to find a rainbow
Cameron

Apr 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
nice!
Maggie
May 18, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book was funny. I especially liked the part when Giff had to wear a dress made of petals. I learned that if you help somebody they might help you.
Angelica
Dec 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
i loved the book!!!!!
Meredith
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Such a cute story.
Sarah Eagle
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
This installment was a great breakaway from the previous books, because Jessie is really on her own. In all the other books her friends help her in almost every way, but here Jessie must figure things out on her own...at least for some of the book. As is common in books of this genre, she must rely on others as a given, which makes me appreciate this book less than I could have. But in its defense, it is for little girls, and I stopped being little about 15 years ago.
Hannah
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So far this has been the most enchanting of this series.

It's Jessie's birthday and to ensure she feels the full joy of the day, Queen Jessica (her grandmother) sends her into the realm to find her happiness - she's totally nervous about her birthday party.

The adventure and encounters that follow are just magical. Who would have thought, see a pin and pick it up, could make a whole story

Beautiful!
Alana
Aug 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-my-shelves
Another cute, quick adventure story from the Fairy Realm universe.
Sarah Crawford
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's Jessie's birthday, but things look somewhat grim. It's raining, and one of the girls that is coming is a very nasty girl.

Jessie is sent out to count toadstools by her grandmother, and meets a group of pixies who are having their own birthday party for her. She ends up the size of a pixie, but then trouble intervenes and she gets blown away.

She manages to get back to the Fairy Realm and seek help from the Queen. At the same time, she helps one particular rainbow fairy handle a problem from
Helen Pugsley
Feb 07, 2017 rated it liked it
For some reason I didn't quite feel that this book was on par with the first four. Of course it was adorable! But it was Jessie's birthday and the pixies had a little party. That was adorable but halfway through the book, just as I was getting bored with it, it was like Rodda said "Oh, that's right! You can't have a story without a problem." and then the wind picks up... Yeah, it was cute. It was about what you should expect children's literature to be, but it didn't *WOW* me like the others. (# ...more
Abbie
Jan 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 1stgrade, fairy-realm
I liked how Jessie blew away from her garden when she was pixie size and a bird came along and took her to the end of the rainbow. And her grandma says there's either a door to the room or a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. The door to the room leads to some fun surprises. But you'll have to find out what surprises when you read the book!
Reagan
Feb 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Jessie shrank so tiny. She even got into trouble with the pixies! When she fled to the realm her friends berly even saw her. Soon she was unshrunk and if you want to find out how she got unshrunk just read the book to find out.
Jenna
May 03, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, 7-and-up
I would give this book (and the rest of the series) two or three stars. It is a really good book, for younger kids (7-9).
For me, I enjoyed it when I was younger, but now, it was.....interesting. Totally great series for young girls. Pretty easy read too.
Max
Jul 01, 2013 added it
Shelves: read-when-young
i don't really remember, but i know i loved these when i was very young.
Theresa
Jul 25, 2011 rated it it was ok

The Magic Key (Fairy Realm, #5)
by Emily Rodda
my daughters of collection of stories
Sue
Nov 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Finally, a fairy story that my young daughter likes that I don't mind reading with her! It's not undying prose, but it well written and not totally formulaic.
Shion Cook
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: awsome
very cool
ABC
Apr 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: older-kids
Jessie is turned small by a magic key on the day of her birthday and then she is blown away. Can she get big again and find her way home?
Jordanna
Jan 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fairy-realm
I love this series. It is the main character's B - day. Her name is Jessie. She turns into pixie size and goes through a lot of trouble. Then she returns back to her real size.
*Eva*
Nov 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
love it
Dawnetta
Dec 22, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 6 - 12
Shelves: childrenlit, 6-to-12
My girls love these books. These a great beginner fantasy books, which I even enjoy reading. The plots are simple yet exciting and diverse. These are a good read.
Sariah the Authoress
Kris Marsing
May 01, 2017
Heather
Aug 21, 2015
  • Young Knights Of The Round Table (Young Knights Trilogy, #1)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • The Never Girls Collection #1 (Disney Fairies: The Never Girls)
  • The Fairies of Nutfolk Wood
  • The Sporty Sprite (Pixie Tricks, #6)
  • Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand (Disney Fairies #2)
  • Shadow Spell (Seven Sorcerers #2)
  • Who's The Fairest?
  • The Disappearance (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #2)
  • Fira and the Full Moon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #6)
  • Queen Clarion's Secret (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #16)
  • Curses and Ash (The Siren Chronicles #2)
  • Rosetta's Daring Day (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #14)
Emily Rodda (real name Jennifer Rowe) was born in Sydney, Australia and graduated from the University of Sydney in 1973 with an MA (Hons) in English Literature. Moving into a publishing career, first as a book editor, and finally as a publisher at Angus & Robertson, Rodda's first book was published in 1984.
More about Emily Rodda

Fairy Realm (10 books)
  • The Charm Bracelet (Fairy Realm, #1)
  • The Flower Fairies (Fairy Realm, #2)
  • The Third Wish (Fairy Realm, #3)
  • The Last Fairy-Apple Tree (Fairy Realm, #4)
  • The Unicorn (Fairy Realm, #6)
  • The Star Cloak (Fairy Realm, #7)
  • The Water Sprites (Fairy Realm, #8)
  • The Peskie Spell (Fairy Realm, #9)
  • The Rainbow Wand (Fairy Realm, #10)