Start by marking “Amy The Amethyst Fairy (Jewel Fairies, #5: Rainbow Magic)” as Want to Read:
Amy The Amethyst Fairy (Jewel Fairies, #5: Rainbow Magic)

Amy The Amethyst Fairy (Rainbow Magic #26)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  1,031 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
Jack Frost has stolen all the jewels from Queen Titania's crown. Each stone controls a particular aspect of fairy magic. Without them, the fairies can't use their magic fairy dust or make pictures in ponds of water. Rachel and Kirsty have to help the fairies get the jewels back - before it's too late.
Published 2005 by Orchard

To ask other readers questions about Amy The Amethyst Fairy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amy The Amethyst Fairy

Mehsi
Ik had niet beseft dat dit deel 5 was. De bibliotheek heeft het er nou niet echt op staan. Ach, ik had gelukkig niet heel veel problemen om in het verhaal te komen, ook al wil ik nu wel de andere delen lezen. Dit was een leuk boekje met elfjes, toverkracht, aardmannetjes, en een juweel dat gered moet worden. Ik vloog door het verhaal heen.
De illustraties waren ook best leuk.
Irene
Mar 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Girls in Pre-K through 2nd Grade
Another great location for a fairy / goblin encounter! This time, Rachel and Kirsty visit an adventure playground with a fun and elaborate tree house. "Daisy Meadows" is actually the pen name of a group of authors who ghostwrite these Rainbow Magic books, and I have to say, I think the actual author(s) of the last few Jewel Fairies book have done an especially good job.

For the first time that I have noticed, this book makes evident that books within a sub-series should be read in order. In the
Chiara
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The goblins have stolen the jewels from the queen's crown. The Amethyst controls things that appear and disappear. In the jungle gym the bridges that make it fun disappeared. Something is hanging on a tree branch.
Lauren
Mar 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
amethyst are very beautiful
Kim
Jan 24, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-aloud
5 Year old loved this. I thought it was OK.
Rhyme Owens
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book because when Amy put a (view spoiler)
Faith
Review by an 8 year old:
This was a fun book to read. It was quick, too. It's by the same author as the Magical Animal Friends books; I like those, too.
Candi Olsen
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Daughter again LOVED it!
Crooked Whisker
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fairy, rainbow-magic
I liked this book, it gave me the urge to read deeper in to the book, but it was quite short. I just want the book to be longer. It took me like maybe 3 minute to read it and that really disappointed me. Although it was a fantastic!!! I recommend it to kids who are just starting to read chapter books or if they need more confidence. I'm also sad that all of the rainbow magic series only have one villain.
Sue
Title: Amy the Amethyst Fairy

Author: Daisy Meadows

Genre: Young Adult

Challenges: To Be Continued…Challenge, 101 Books in 1001 Days Challenge, A to Z Reading Challenge, 2009 Support Your Local Library, 20 Books in 2009, 2009 Second Chances, Pages Read Challenge, 2009 YA Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge – 2009, the confuzzled Faerie Book Challenge, Summer Reading Challenge 2009,

Rating: 3/5

No. of Pages: 65

Published: 2005

From the back: Jack Frost is up to no good again! This time, he’s stolen the s
Dolly
Jun 25, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the fifth of seven books in the Rainbow Magic Jewel Fairies series by the group of authors who go by the pseudonym Daisy Meadows. While the stories are basically the same and follow a simple formula, they are entertaining for young girls who are starting to read chapter books and I love that our oldest is just ripping through them. We both read the books separately and talk about what happens. I'm not a huge fan of them, but each story only takes about 5-10 minutes to read. Our oldest is ...more
Stacie
Author: Daisy Meadows
Title: Amy the Amethyst Fairy
Plot: "Seven jewels have been stolen from the Fairy Queen's crown! Without them, the Jewel Fairies' magical powers are fading. Read all seven books to find the jewels and save the fairies!
Jack Frost is up to no good again! This time, he's stolen the seven jewels from Queen Titania's crown. Without them, the Jewel Fairies can't do their jobs. The magic in Fairyland is fading fast!
Amy the Amethyst Fairy's magic jewel controls the power to make th
Jodi
Sep 05, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Youg girls
A fluffy book about fairies. It didn't really seem to hold my children's attention as I was reading it and actually told them I was going to take a break from reading since they weren't behaving while I read. Of course this book was just "too girl" for my little tough guy but with two kiddos close in age, we take turns choosing books and this was my daughter's choice. Even though I didn't think she cared for the book, my daughter has asked if she can get another one at the school book fair this ...more
Deidra
Dec 11, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: final-project
Written by Daisy Meadows, illustrated by Georgie Ripper. Published by Scholastic Inc., copyright 2005.

Grade level: 1-3

This is book number five of the Jewel Fairy series and this time the fairies are up against Jack Frost. Jack has stolen the seven jewels, including Amy's Amethyst jewel. With the help of her human friends Kirsty and Rachel, will she be able to get all the jewels back and save Fairyland?

This was a cute story that young readers will like because the reading level and story line wi
Cecelia
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jack Frost stole the seven magic jewels from Queen Titania's crown. The heat of the jewels melted down his icy castle so he sent them to the human world. Rachel and Kristy had to find it with the help of Amy the Amethyst Fairy. In the playground behind the flower shop, there are tree houses. When the amethyst jewel got stolen, the bridges between the tree houses started to disappear.
Amy the Amethyst Fairy is number five of the Jewel Fairy books. I am reading number six now. It's called Sophie th
Kate
Sep 04, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inconsistencies. My kids notice them and they distract from these stories. In one story the goblins are small enough to sit in a small RC plane, in the very next story they're tall enough to pose as mannequins in a store window. In the first series (Rainbow Fairies), the goblins caused everything in their immediate vicinity to ice up and if they got too close to a fairy, it would sap her color and strength. In this current series they have no effect on the environment around them or the fairies ...more
Sarah Crawford
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another in the Rainbow Magic series of books on fairies, part of the set on Jewel Fairies. The story centers around two young human girls, Kirsty and Rachel, who have made friends with the fairies and help them find things that have been stolen from them by Jack Frost.

In this case, they try to get back an amethyst jewel that has been stolen, which leads to a rather funny adventure centering on a tree-house and a series of connecting bridges.

It's a pretty good story with fairly simplistic
Apr 01, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Jewel Fairies
Amy the Amethyst Fairy can't make anything disappear without her magic jewel. When Rachel and Kirsty see parts of the playground vanish, they think they must be on the right track.

These fairy books let little girls imaginations run wild with the thought of fairys and magical adventures. All little girls dream of having fairy friends and will feel they get closer to having fairy friends with these books.
Emily
Apr 02, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-4yr-dd
Very poorly written, not creative and a very bland plot light. I was surprised that my daughter enjoyed it but afterwards she was very confused by a few odd things in the book. Why does the jewel make things disappear randomly but it doesn't make the things disappear that touch the jewel? Why do the goblins wear gloves? The book was a disappointment, I have no idea why these books are popular.
Solveig
Småmysig bok om två tjejer som kan se älvor. I den här serien med ädelstensälvorna, har den elake kung Bore stulit sju ädelstenar från älvdrottningens krona och spritt ut dem i människorvärlden. I den här boken besöker flickorna en lekpark där det visar sig att älvan Amandas ametist har blivit gömd. De måste tampas med svartalfer för att hjälpa Amanda att få tillbaka sin ametist.
Amy
This book was crap. Crap crap crap. I have no idea why these books are so popular. Lord knows there is tons of children's lit that is worth reading, but this book certainly doesn't fall in that category. Unimaginative plot and stupid characters. I don't feel bad bashing this book because I honestly don't think anyone could have put their heart and soul into creating it.
$hanel
Mar 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amy the amethyst fairy owns the amethyst which makes things disappear. When Rachel and Kirsty find Amy they wonder if they can help find the amethyst without Jack Frost`s green goblins getting in the way of everything. ...more
Lexi
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rachel and Kristy have fairy friends from fairyland.they are helping Amy the Amethyst fairy get her amethyst back.Rachel ,Kristy and Amy see the amethyst,but those sneaky goblins find it first.I think Daisy Meadow did a great job !
Amy
My older daughter LOVES these books - devours them actually, and I agreed to read one for the library book club. It was cute, but not a lot to the story line. They come in a series of seven books, so maybe reading all of them, in order, would reveal the story line better.
Meredith
Very good book.
Jul 09, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: rebecca-s-books
What I liked about this book is that when the bridge was disappearing I knew that the amethyst was missing.
Katie
Jul 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-paperback
I liked this one a lot :)
Reagan
Jan 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rachel and Kristy were playing in a fort. Soon they notest that things were disappearng and appearing again. Amy saw them and she said that all the appearing is because the amethyst was missing.
Whitney
These books are not especially well-written but little girls can't get enough of them. The main characters are pretty good role models and the overall theme of working to help others is nice.
Jolynn
Nov 18, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book to my little girls. They had checked it out of the library and wanted me to read it to them. They really like these books and enjoy them, because they are simple to read.
  • Magic Hearts
  • The Case of the Secret Valentine (Jigsaw Jones, #3)
  • Dulcie's Taste of Magic (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #11)
  • Dreams Come True (My Secret Unicorn, #2)
  • Beck and the Great Berry Battle (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #3)
  • Rosetta's Daring Day (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #14)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • Princess Charlotte and the Birthday Ball (The Tiara Club, #1)
  • Purple Princess Wins the Prize (Perfectly Princess)
  • The African Safari Discovery (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventure, #6)
  • The Talking T. Rex (A to Z Mysteries, #20)
  • The Unicorn (Fairy Realm, #6)
  • The Giant Diamond Robbery
  • Yikes Bikes! (Ready, Freddy!, #7)
Daisy Meadows is the pseudonym used for the four writers of the Rainbow Magic children's series: Narinder Dhami, Sue Bentley, Linda Chapman, and Sue Mongredien. Rainbow Magic features differing groups of fairies as main characters, including the Jewel fairies, Weather fairies, Pet fairies, Petal fairies, and Sporty fairies.

Narinder Dhami was born in Wolverhampton, England on November 15, 1958. Sh
More about Daisy Meadows...

Rainbow Magic (1 - 10 of 215 books)
  • Ruby the Red Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #1)
  • Amber The Orange Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #2)
  • Sunny The Yellow Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #3)
  • Fern The Green Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #4)
  • Sky The Blue Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #5)
  • Inky The Indigo Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #6)
  • Heather The Violet Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #7)
  • Crystal The Snow Fairy (Rainbow Magic #8; Weather Fairies, #1)
  • Abigail The Breeze Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #9; Weather Fairies, #2)
  • Pearl The Cloud Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #10; Weather Fairies, #3)