Start by marking “Primal Bonds (Shifters Unbound, #2)” as Want to Read:
Primal Bonds (Shifters Unbound, #2)

Primal Bonds

(Shifters Unbound #2)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  9,600 Ratings  ·  480 Reviews
When half-Fae, half-Shifter Andrea Gray flees an abusive would-be mate, the only way she is allowed to relocate to the Austin Shiftertown is if a Shifter there claims her as mate.

Sean Morrissey, the Guardian of his clan and all of Shiftertown, is mateless, lonely, and has a tough job--to send the souls of deceased Shifters into the afterworld. He volunteers to claim her,
Mass Market Paperback, 298 pages
Published March 1st 2011 by Berkley Sensation

Elizabeth
"Hurting is part of life, isn’t it? So is happiness.”

description

Primal Bonds is the second book in the Shifters Unbound Series. Jennifer Ashley has done a stunning job creating a magical world with Shifters and Faes. The first book introduced us to this world were humans are striving to control shifters through collars. These collars are attached to their skin. The person wearing the collar receives a shock if they try to show any sign of aggression. (Boy can I think of places that would come in handy....j
Laura the Highland Hussy
May 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Review re-posted on Got Fiction?

I got this as an ARC from Jennifer Ashley (who fully rocks!)

In the world Jennifer Ashley built in Pride Mates, I went through so many emotions. I loved the characters, and I was pissed at our government for not allowing the Shifters the same rights and freedoms we humans have. In Primal Bonds, those feelings intensified. I went through several moments where I was furious that the Shifters couldn't have cel phones, or cable, or computers, let alone the freedoms we
Jacqueline's Reads
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr
4 Shifter Stars

I liked Primal Bonds more than the first book, but there were parts that were slow and parts that were entertaining.

First off, the series is not steamy. It’s kind of tame and that’s a little disappointing. There are some slow parts that made it a little hard to read. I put the book down a few times and picked up other books. I liked the beginning and the end. The middle I didn’t care for too much.

I’ll be honest and say I didn’t really care for Sean in the previous book. The whole
Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead
Jennifer Ashley is brilliant. No seriously! Let me explain why.
I used to love paranormal romance books. I read everything there was and I sucked up all the stories of love between creatures and love between creatures and humans (ok, that sounds really gross but you get my point right?).

Then I started to see a pattern-

1) There must be a hunky alpha male with some type of bad in him or in his past. He’s going to be dangerous, but so damn gorgeous, it does not matter how dangerous he is.

2) There
Jen
Another great re-read, and now I'm up to where I was in the series when I stopped. I am very eager to continue onto the third book now that I am refreshed! I am also pleased to report that my ratings for the first two books stayed the same as when I read them a few years back! And I still think that Jennifer Ashley is a genius when it comes to writing stories. Her shifter world that she has created is addicting, and I love visiting it each time I open her books!!!

In this installment, we get to
Catherine
*2.5 Stars*

I’ve finished Primal Bonds (obviously) and all I’m left with is a vague ‘meh’ feeling. It seems like I never fully engaged with the story. I never really cared about the main characters the way I wanted to and I felt that everything was a bit too pat to really enjoy.

We open the book right in the middle of the action. I usually enjoy this, but here I found it a little confusing. We were introduced to the heroine, Andrea, like we were supposed to know her already so I spent a couple min
Jen
Jan 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

In this installment, we get to
Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly
I was lucky enough to win an advance reading copy of Primal Bonds from Jennifer Ashley's facebook page.

Once again Jennifer Ashley brings us to her Austin, TX Shiftertown in Primal Bonds, book 2 of her Shifters Unbound series. Here we find the Feline Shifter Sean Morrissey, Guardian of his clan and powerful member of his pride. Sean's job as the Guardian could be a really lonely one. When his neighbor's niece needed to relocate from her Shiftertown in Colorado, seeking shelter, he offers her his
Gina
Jan 21, 2013 rated it really liked it

I enjoyed this book immensely. This is book 2 in the Shifters Unbound series, and in this series we get a better look at the segregated life the Shifters have to endure. I gotta tell you, this injustice just pissed me off.

We met Sean in book 1, Liam’s brother (love Liam still), he is the Guardian. He is the keeper of the sword that ensures that when shifters die their souls move onto the Summerland and are not at risk to be trapped by the Fae. We also learn about the Fae, the race that created
Ami
Oh, I would love to love this book since I enjoyed the first one in this series; but somehow the story just didn't deliver. Maybe it wasn't the right moment for me to read it or maybe because I felt like I was missing the romancing, that I ended up not caring for the two characters.

When the story started, Sean already took a mate claim over Andrea. A character that had not even appeared in the first book. I felt like being shoved into a plot without a warning, it was a "huh, how did that happen
Karla
Mar 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Kris
Shelves: favorites
Terrific second installment in this series! While the book generally focused on Sean and Andrea’s mate bonding, it also gave the reader a broader insight into the world of the Shifters. No hiding here, humans are aware of their existence and use ‘collars’ to maintain control over them, which makes for a very different plot. Not only did we see the return of previous characters, we met some new ones and were brought into the world of the Fae. The Shifters world is expanding, as is the potential f ...more
Sophia Triad
I adore these irish shifters! This time we have the story of Sean, the sword gurdian and Andrea, a half fae half wolf shifter. We also have a glimpse in the Fairie, the land of fae.

This is a highly entertaining book and a great addition to shifters unbound.

I am looking forward to seeing where this series goes and how the shifters will manage to get rid of their collars.
Mei
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
A nice story. Really.

Interesting characters, interesting story line where Shapeshifters and Fae are mixed together.

But, I didn't find it so very interesting. Maybe I need to take a pause from Paranormal, because I ddin't find anything novel here. Just the same old...
D.G.
Sep 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Just meh. I didn't feel any chemistry between these two...it almost felt as if they didn't have much choice, specially on the hero's side. The narrator for this book does a TERRIBLE Irish accent so none of the Irish characters sounded very sexy - and this included the hero, his brother and father. At least it got exciting at the end. I'll continue reading because I want to see where the series is going.
Lauren
Primal Bonds
4.5 Stars

Synopsis
Forced to take refuge in a new shiftertown, Andrea Gray accepts Sean Morrissey's offer of a mate-claim believing that nothing will come of it. However, upon meeting Sean in person, Andrea is surprised to discover that there is nothing platonic or convenient about their connection. Similarly, Sean, as the Guardian of his town, never thought her would find a mate but is fascinated by the feelings Andrea arouses in him.

Review
An excellent romance with likeable protagoni
Ingela
4 Stars for another nice and sweet love story from Shiftertown - I love this cuddly shifters!

After reading also "Primal Bonds," the second part in the series "Shifters Unbound", I am in love with Jennifer Ashley's Shifter PNR books. They are all well written and easy to read. Full speed from start to finish, always with wonderful light-loved characters and of course the always lovely cuddly alpha males who believe in eternal love.

Part #2 is the Feline (a big cat) Shifter Sean's story. His mate-c
Tanya Davis
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I adore Sean. He is brother to the Shiftertown Alpha, and also the town's Guardian. A Guardian is a Goddess blessed individual with a big sword that he uses to send the souls of dead Shifters to the after life. He also carries around a lot of grief and regret about one of his brothers that went feral. He is loyal to his clan and even sacrifices to mate claim an outsider just to save her from an abusive situation.

Andrea is running away from a bad situation and doesn't trust or understand why the
Hollie
This could have been great, but it fell short for me personally.

The pros:
* I love the creative concept of this world created. "Shiftertown" as a series has so much potential

The cons:
* It just felt like something was missing between the hero and heroine. They felt unrealistic to me, and one dimensional.
* Insta-love - this is always a buzz kill to me
* The hero constantly referring to the heroine as "love". It was overly repetitious
* There were so many attempts for Andrea and Sean to be whitty, a
Dragana
I read Pride Mates 4 years ago and it was nothing special. But since this series is still popular, I thought to give it another chance. (Oh and I needed book with silver title for a challenge.)
Sadly, it was even worse then I remembered. If it wasn't for the challenge I would have just gave up and DNF-ed it.

Why Primal Bonds and me didn't click?
- She's excited he's spying on her (because it's okay if the peeping Tom is hot).
- Everything complex is brushed of with almighty fae magic.
- When they shi
Ezinwanyi
Oct 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommended to Ezinwanyi by: Jennifer
I wasn't thrilled by this book. It was written well, but it was just slow. I liked the Morrissey boys and I kind of liked Andrea though it took her a long time to accept Sean as he mate even though they both communicated Sean's claim on her in chapter 1 or 2.
I am not sure I will follow this series, I will read book 3 sometime in the future, but I wasn't intrigued enough by the story.

Lani ⚔⚔  the Destroyer ⚔⚔

I wasn't so sure I liked the world JA had created after book 1 but I really enjoyed Primal Bonds. I thought the connected between the MCs was both hot and believable. I'll definitely be reading/listening to more in the series.
Stephanie  G
4.5 Stars

Sean Morrissey is a Guardian, chosen to wield a magical sword that will send the souls of dead Shifters into the afterlife. Though he is respected for what he does, his position has left him longing for a mate he can share his life with. When he hears that the half-Fae, half-Shifter Andrea Gray is being abused in her pack, Sean mate-claims Andrea without meeting her in order to bring her into his Shiftertown in Austin where she will be safe. While helping Andrea, Sean is given the chanc
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Originally posted at http://www.smexybooks.com/2011/03/rev...

Favorite Quote:
“Your father told me you were the Guardian.”
“I am. She just likes handling my sword.”

When Andrea Gray requests refuge from her pack and an unwanted mate claim, Sean Morrissey claims her as his mate; sight unseen. When Sean finally meets her he knows he has found his true mate, but Ashley has her own agenda and her intense attraction to Sean spells nothing but trouble. As Sean and Andrea begin the intricate mating dance
ToddAn
Jan 13, 2011 rated it it was ok
What happened?!? I read the first book in the Shifters Unbound series and loved it. I was looking forward to reading Primal Bonds. This book just didn't do it for me. Andrea, the heroine, is an outcast of her pack. She mate-bonds (kind of like an engagement) with Sean sight unseen. Sean is the pride guardian who's main job is to send dead shifter's souls to the afterlife. He immediately falls for Andrea. I failed to see their relationship truly blossom. Andrea has up her guards against trusting ...more
Cindyg
Jun 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Another winner in the Shifters Unbound Series. These felines are fierce, tough in your face, sexy alpha males. What's not to love.
I love these males and their mates. The story was intense, fast paced and swept me away.
11 inches??? My god can you image...
A fantastic read that I highly suggest you run out and buy...
Looking forward to Wild Cat.
Wendy
Aug 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, pnr, favorites
Jennifer Ashley has done it again. What a great read! Sean Morrissey you are sexy as sin ;) Loved it!
 ~V~
Feb 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Great story!..lots of really good romance and action..loved it even more than the first one! A SOLID 4 stars!!! :)
Laura (Kyahgirl)
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
4/5; 4 stars; A-

I thought the story of Sean and Andrea was one of the better ones in the series. Andrea's fae background and the introduction of the other realm added a good twist.
Deea (Andreea)
Sep 04, 2017 marked it as to-read
Started this years ago but never got around to finishing it. I'll get back to it later... maybe.
Nisha D
Jul 31, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was OK, better then the first. They've changed the audio-book narrator and it's a significant improvement. I'm still not that interested in the world or the characters, I think I'll pass on reading any other books in this series.
A man's Primal X is his Primal X side effects 1 1 Sep 20, 2017 12:02AM
4 Profitable Ways That Would Increase Time And Misplace Weight 1 1 Sep 18, 2017 02:34AM
  • Unbound (Time Hunters #2.5, Shifters Unbound #4.5, The Elementals #1.5)
  • Big Bad Beast (Pride, #6)
  • Rapture Untamed (Feral Warriors, #4)
  • Cynful (Halle Shifters, #2)
  • Savage Awakening (Alpha Pack, #2)
  • On the Prowl (The Others, #6)
  • To Tempt the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #3)
  • True Colors (Elder Races, #3.5)
  • Tall, Dark and Wolfish (Westfield Wolves, #2)
  • I'll Be Slaying You (Night Watch, #2)
  • Revelation (de La Vega Cats, #2)
NY Times Bestselling author Jennifer Ashley writes historical, contemporary, and paranormal romance, historical mysteries, and urban fantasy as Jennifer Ashley, Allyson James, and Ashley Gardner.

Jennifer's novels have won RWA's RITA and RT Reviewer's Choice awards, have been translated into many different languages, and earned starred reviews from Booklist and Publisher's Weekly. More about her b

Shifters Unbound (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1)
  • Wild Cat (Shifters Unbound, #3)
  • Mate Claimed (Shifters Unbound, #4)
  • Tiger Magic (Shifters Unbound, #5)
  • Wild Wolf (Shifters Unbound, #6)
  • Mate Bond (Shifters Unbound, #7)
  • White Tiger (Shifters Unbound, #8)
  • Guardian's Mate (Shifters Unbound, #9)
  • Red Wolf (Shifters Unbound, #10)
  • Midnight Wolf (Shifters Unbound, #11)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
“Love I want you for my mate because you have eyes the color of smoke. Because you are wicked sexy, because you're fearless and have a smart-ass mouth, and because you kiss like fire. Why wouldn't I want a woman like you around me the rest of my life?” 19 likes
“Andrea was never sure who leaned forward first, but she was melting toward him and, next thing she knew, felt the scalding pressure of Sean's mouth on hers. He kissed her with strength, barely masking his power, and Andrea closed her eyes and drank it in. His hand stole to the back of her neck, arching her up to savor more of her.
"Come inside with me," he whispered against her mouth....”
4 likes