Start by marking “A Crazy Day At The Critter Cafe” as Want to Read:
A Crazy Day At The Critter Cafe

A Crazy Day At The Critter Cafe

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  117 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews

To ask other readers questions about A Crazy Day At The Critter Cafe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Crazy Day At The Critter Cafe

Mary Ledom
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and would strongly suggest it to other teachers. Throughout the entire book I was smiling and looking forward to the next page. I loved the illustrations that were on each page because they filled the entire page with brightness and happiness. All the animals were happy throughout the book, which I think, would make the children laugh and smile. The animals are acting like people and I think children get a great kick out of stories like that.
This would be a great book
Jessica Davis
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The book "A Crazy Day at the Critter Cafe" by Barbara Odanaka is a children's picture book. Age group 4-8.

The book is about when a bus full of animals come through the café door demanding food because their bus broke down. The animals were playing instruments, squawking, yelling and demanding service. The poor waiter was going crazy trying to keep up with everything and everyone. It was a disaster. I rated this book 5 stars because the illustrations, color, wording emphasis' were amazing. I thi
Jayna
Aug 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ages 2 and up

After their bus breaks down, a group of animals invade the critter cafe. They are noisy, picky and keep sending their food back. After a while the waiter and chef are tired of the animals. Then the cow comes skating in and knocks down the waiter. The waiter declares that all of the animals pay up and leave, which they do. After they have left the waiter notices a lump on the floor that also moos. The cow decides that since he has missed the bus he is going to stay at the cafe and b
Alana
Nov 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
A great book! A whole bunch of super picky animals barge into the cafe after their bus breaks down demanding food. The waiter and cook end up getting totally fed up with them all and kicking them out. I can see the link between this book and serving a whole table full of little kids a snack. An experience that can leave you pulling your hair out - anyone who is around kids would know!
Pamela Howard
I absolutely loved reading this book. I can see myself reading this book to my student as a read aloud. It can also teach students a little bit about rhyming, and can be very entertaining when read with different voices. It can be a mini lessons used for building community to show how to work with different personalities that may be annoying at times.
Shakita
Nov 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: animals
This a just a silly book about what happens when animals come to eat a cafe. The animals complain and make a big mess. In the end, a cow ends up owning the cafe. This book can be used for personal enjoyment in the classroom.
Mary
Jun 20, 2011 added it
Shelves: good-manners
A funny story to introduce manners and being patient. It is also a good book for parents to read to their children about the proper way to eat sit in a restaurant. Teachers could use this story to talk about how we have to wait our turn and the consequences of being impatient and greedy.
Sara Lemonade
Jul 06, 2015 rated it liked it
My dad is a waiter at a fancy restaurant, and he says no matter how obnoxious your customers are, you'll get fired if you act like the waiter in this story does. Which made him think he should be having a little more fun while reading it.
Bates Library
Apr 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
We are reading this in Kindergarten for April is National Poetry month (and playing with magnetic poetry). The author is a skateboarder in real life and both books I've read by her have had skaters in them.
Melissa
Feb 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I thought this was cute and clever...filled with noises to make and fun rhyming language and lots of animals. I also thought my preschoolers would love it, but it fell flat. I'll probably try it again and see if it was just that group. Maybe it would work a little better for K or 1st grades?
Debbie Tanner
This funny little book is about a day at the cafe when a bus full of animals comes in. The animals are not particularly mannerly or kind. They are picky and kind of annoying and very funny! There are a ton of animal noises (hence the onomatopoeia) and a lot of mess and a very funny ending!
Rhaynes5
Jul 05, 2013 added it
Shelves: rhyming-books
A Crazy Day at The Critter Cafe is cute, clever, and fun! This book in the classroom will be tons of fun! The book is filled with different crazy noises to make. I believe the children will enjoy the books humor while also learning rhyming skills.
Cassie
Ages 4-8. A cute rhyming story that is fun and action packed and helps build vocabulary and phonological awareness. Because of its length it might not hold the attention of toddlers, but preschools are sure to love the humor and story.
Courtney Collins
Nov 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: early-elementary
This book is full of descriptive words that would be perfect in a writing lessons.
Katherine
Nov 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book was really funny and precious. I love that fact that animals come in and take over! This book is great for cause and effect and is an even better book for rhyming!
Angie Quantrell
Apr 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Things are pretty slow until a bus load of critters descends on a quiet cafe. As imagined, chaos livens things up. Crazy tale told in rhyme.
Monique Mcdonald
Funny book, its a reading for pleasure. This book is also a rhyming book, so it can be used for that too.
Mandy
Jan 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
All was quiet at the Critter Cafe until hungry and obnoxious animals came in and treated the place like a zoo!
Audrey P
Sep 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
A fun, rhyming book with great pictures. Kids like that the typeface varies in size and orientation on the page.

(I liked that, too.)

Amy
Simple little story. Has some fun word choice and might be a good way to show active verbs and sound devices.
Jami
May 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bedtime-stories
A simple rhyming story about animals converging on the Critter Cafe and the hilarity that ensues. The little ones enjoyed supplying the last word of every rhyme.
Alicia
Apr 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
A cute story for preschoolers.
Allison
Jul 22, 2011 rated it liked it
I think I may have enjoyed this a teensy bit more than Jordan. We both enjoyed the rhyming phrases, something of which Jordan has recently become very interested.
Claudia
Nov 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: animal-books
What I really liked about this book was the rhyming patterns! It is great and unique because it has crazy texts and the story is fun! This book is great for showing rhyming patterns in text.
Glennisha
Jul 03, 2011 added it
Shelves: animals, rhyming
I smiled after reading this book. Its funny, very engaging and full of laughs. This is a must read for all ages.
Marilyn
Jan 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books, poetry
Really fun verse and illustrations. They make a huge mess of the place.
Danielle
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book introduces kids to a variety of animals including some exotic ones. The story is funny, the rhymes are good, and the pictures are large and colorful.
Gloria Berger
A cute and funny book with lots of rhyming words. Reading it to a class could be fun. This would be a great book for me to practice reading to a classroom.
Lacy
Sep 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
PB15
Good use of color and perspective in this story. Also, has sound words which kids love. Just a fun story!
Heather
Oct 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
The rhymes in this book roll off of the tongue and the artwork is great! A good book for young children learning about poetry and rhyming.
« previous 1 3 4 next »