Start by marking “Field of Danger” as Want to Read:

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  62 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Who killed my father?
Eyewitness to a murder, April Presley wants to answer the deputy sheriff's harrowing question. But she can't. She barely caught a glimpse of the crime through the deep Tennessee cornfield, and cannot recall anything to help the investigation. Or can she? Daniel Rivers is certain that April remembers more of his father's death than she realizes. And th
Published December 1st 2009 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Field of Danger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Field of Danger

Dec 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although this book is cast as a Love-Inspired Suspense, I would categorize it as a Love-Inspired Thriller!

The danger is so intense, partly because Levon Rivers’ murder happened during broad daylight in open farmland next to a cornfield and partly because April Presley witnessed the murder first hand. Her hand-covered screams caught the killer’s attention, and as he chased her through the cornfield, a neighboring lady, Aunt Suke, came and rescued her.

During all the subsequent questionings by Sher
Robin
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This quick read had a good mix of suspense and romance. Set in the small community of Caralinda, Tennessee our main character, April Presley witnessed a murder in the middle of a corn field.
Cindy
Jul 21, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ramona Richards
Love Inspired Suspense
Steeple Hill
2009
ISBN-13:978-0-373-44366-6

Reviewed by Cindy Loven

April Presley loves the small town of Caralinda Tennessee. Moving there after a particularly nasty and bitter divorce, she loves the fact that the people of the town truly care for each other. Imagine her horror as one morning when she takes lemonade out to her friend Levon Rivers in the cornfield, she sees someone shoot him point blank with a shotgun. In that instant April's life
Crystal
May 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Love Inspired Suspense books and Ramona Richards has penned one that I especially loved because of the Tennessee setting.

April Presley witnesses the murder of her beloved neighbor,Levon Rivers. The murderer not only sees her, too, but pursues her until she reaches safety at the plantation home of Aunt Suke Stockard. While deputy sheriff, Daniel Rivers, is the victim's son and has been told by his supervisor to stay out of the investigation of his father's death, he finds himself drawn to
Michelle
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Presley sisters
Book 1

In this first book of the three Presley sisters, we meet April as she's running away from the murderer who just killed her best friend. Her friend's son is devastated when he arrives at the scene and learns his father is dead. Immediately, the two are thrown into a mystery full of violence as someone desperately tries to kill April to shut her up for good!

The suspense was GREAT! There are a few surprises along the way. The author did great keeping me guessing. The romanc
Jan
Nov 07, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is about a divorced women that moves to a small farm town in Tennessee to start over. She befriends her neighbor that is like a father to her. She witnesses his murder. His son is a sheriff in town. It is his job to protect her while also doing his own digging to find out who is responsible for his father's death. Though it was a quick read, i found it interesting. Weren't many characters to choose as the who dun it, but still wasn't the ending i was expecting. and in that case (for me) wel ...more
Lady Tina Michelle
My sister lent me this book, and I only took it because of how short it was. I thought it was an OK book, not fantastic or anything... sure there are some parts that had twists to them, however, those twists are the only thing that kept me going. Without that, I would have gave her book back the next day! The characters were rather bland...

A little bit more romance in it wouldn't have hurt, but hence "inspired", it's from a religious-related book publishing (Steeple Hill), so I am assuming ther
Judy
Apr 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As April Presley goes on her regular mission to bring Levon Rivers some lemonade as he works in his field, she comes upon him being shot. She runs from the murderer and is led to Aunt Suke's house, an elderly neighbor lady.

Daniel Rivers is sure that April can remember more then she thinks so he sticks with her to find out who murdered his dad. He has wanted to date April since he first met her but she turned him down when he first asked, she was fresh out of bad divorce and needed time.

The murde
Holly
Jun 12, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very enjoyable book. The author did a great job writing characters that you could relate with and care about. She also did a good job at keeping me guessing "whodunit." Looking for the ACFW discussion that starts on Monday!
Glenda
Jun 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Have you guessing 'til the end!
Mary Baker
I enjoyed this book. It is well written, the author kept me guessing about who the murderer was, and it provided hours of escape.
Beth - ;)
Apr 04, 2013
Jacqueline Hamlin
Jul 18, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
I started making stuff up at 3, writing it down at 7, and selling it at 18. I've written 10 books. My Mother's Quilts, a devotional based on the quilts I inherited from my mother, is my latest. Memory of Murder, from Love Inspired is the latest novel.

I'm also an editor, with more than 400 publications to my credit. My specialty is fiction, although I've also worked on CD-ROMs, magazines, non-fict
More about Ramona Richards...