Start by marking “Married by Arrangement (A Mediterranean Marriage #5)” as Want to Read:
Married by Arrangement (A Mediterranean Marriage #5)

Married by Arrangement (A Mediterranean Marriage #5)

3.48  ·  Rating details ·  354 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews

Antonio Rocha saw Sophie Cunningham as a tramp--she was raising his orphaned baby niece in a trailer!

However, Antonio didn't appreciate that though she might not be a lady, Sophie had plenty of love to give. And she was a virgin.

Antonio soon found himself attracted to Sophie, and he knew how to indulge this passion: a marriage arrangement on his terms...

ebook, Harlequin Presents, #2475, 100 pages
Published April 19th 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Married by Arrangement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Married by Arrangement

Romance_reader
Ok, so I've finally decided to add a review to this read after weeks of procrastinating, so here goes:

I've rated this three stars (barely) and only for the hero. Lynne Graham's heroes generally fall into either of two categories - cruel or cold. Antonio seemed a prime example of the latter category in the beginning. However, he redeemed himself as the book progressed by transforming into a warm and sensible guy - sensitive to the feelings of his loved ones and willing to listen and compromise.

T
Jenny
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Our hero Antonio is a Spanish marquis. Sophie, who works as a cleaner, is raising his orphaned baby niece alone after the death of her sister who never really cared for her child to begin with. Antonio suggests a marriage of convenience so as to protect his brother’s child and give his niece a mother and a stable home. Sophie accepts because she can’t stay away from her niece plus she is infertile after her battle with leukemia so her future seems pretty bleak. What she doesn't count on is Anton ...more
Jacqueline
this was fairly decent. It kept my interest. I thought that it was vague in spots and there were bits that bothered me more than they should have because of my own life experiences. He seemed to be all over the place as a character and so he wasn't as fun to read about as some heros.
Widala
Oct 20, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.

Sophie was a an unpolished heroine. She grew up poor with little education and she acted like it. But that didn't mean she's stupid, she could match Antonio anytime, but she had a temper and Antonio just loved to bait her.
In the beginning Antonio was an arrogant jerk whose coolness made me wanted to slap him, but he redeemed himself nicely.
The drama and angst mostly come from both of them, no present evil family member or evil other woman. Just the two of them, growing up through out t
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
Ah, those harlequin couples can be so silly with their ridiculous ideas, false theories, and back-and-forth misunderstandings. Lynne Graham continues her usual strange virginity and baby obsession. Still, it was enjoyable as the story moved along quickly, had spunk/spark, and I dug the mains. Sophie was sweet, different, fun, and feisty. The hero was a good one as well, liked his traditional approaches and sense of humor. Not particularly steamy but I wasn't that interested with that for this st ...more
sbf20112011
Apr 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know how I missed this one -- I thought I'd read all of LG's backlist. Good, basic LG story. I do get a kick out of her heroes -- so smug believing they're in total control, but quickly their feelings are revealed to be out of control, like when they see the heroine with another man. Anyway, satisfying read.
IamGamz
Good story. Spunky heroine. Great banter with stuffed shirt H. Enjoyable read.
Pravana
A shelf that I should have - Guardian / guardians to a child.

Cast of Main Characters -
Antonio Rocha, Marquis de Salazar - Hero of our story
Dona Ernesta - Antonio's Grandmother
Pablo - Antonio's deceased younger brother
Belinda - Pablo's English Girlfriend whom he married 3 years ago and divorced; now deceased
Baby Lydia - Belinda's infant daughter
Sophie Cummingham - Belinda's secret half sister (That fact that she's the result of their mother's extra-marital indiscretion is the secret)

In my review
Nurul Badia
Kisah cintanya seperti air dan minyak karena selalu penuh dengan konflik dan kecurigaan dari awal tapi mereka harus bersatu dan tinggal serumah demi seorang bayi dan tanggung jawabnya masing-masing.
Agak membosankan di bab-bab awalnya plus teks narasinya yang bagi saya cukup dominan tanpa ada jiwa dalam kisah ini karena hanya berkutat pada hal-hal sepele saja dan munculnya konflik tanpa arti.
Overall, it's a nice story but not good enough to be my fave.
Nenya
3 years ago H met h when their respective siblings got married. sparks, big misunderstanding, cut to present. Siblings are dead, their baby girl is with h and moc with H for the baby's sake, where h gets to have a say in baby's upbringing (that's her condition) and H gets to sleep around (that's his). How lovely.

While the H has been sleeping around (gets a melodramatic call from current mistress, before/during wedding, who gets dumped for her trouble), the h is still as pure as she was 3 years
Sep
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ʝαиє
I prefer this than the graphic novel version. This book actually spell out a lot of things which the graphic novel didn't. And the graphic novel made Antonio look like a wimp. I read that book first. So I'm glad that I did read this novel version.

I like Sophie character. Feisty and some one who isn't afraid to fight against the rich and mighty. I prefer such character over door mat.

As for Antonio, luckily to say, I prefer this him in this book. Shows more masculine side.

Kate McMurry
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of her better books. No secret baby! No unplanned pregnancy! It works well for LG when she has a plot wherein a heroine and hero come together to raise a baby, in this case heroine's niece by her deceased sister and his niece by his deceased brother. This is a very feisty heroine, which I always enjoy with LG.
รักในหลวง
พลอตนางซินของลินนยังคงมีมาอยางตอเนือง อานแลวกแอบรำคาญความปากรายของนางเอก และความหูเบาของพระเอกเปนระยะๆ พอแงแมงอนกันไดตลอดทังเรือง สุดทายพอจะจบแบบแฮปปีกจบมันงายๆ ดวนๆ ซะงัน -"- ใหสามดาวแบบงงๆ แลวกัน ...more
Ere Johan
Oct 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Buku yang bagus, ceritanya ringan tp penuh dengan emosi, gak bosenin dan so sweett...bgt..
Clara H
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Los libros de Lynne Graham son geniales, libro que lees y libro que te encanta
nurmawati
Dec 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin

salah satu novel lynne graham yang gw suka banget..
gara2 buku ini gw jadi demen sama buku2 nya yang lain ( kecuali si rauf ya...)
RomLibrary
raising baby in trailer park She is a cleaner
Bridie Coleman
May 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad, feisty pairing but works well
Nica
Dec 23, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
GOD...
Deasy
Oct 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hq, own-books
Sebenernya tema buku ini cukup klasik, gampang ditebah endingnya, cuma pembawaan alur ceritanya bisaa bikin emosi turun naik.... dapet feel-nya, makanya aku kasih 4 stars buar HQ ini...
Ananya
Jun 16, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was hoping of a recreation of the magic of bond of hatred . That didn't happen . It was a good read but I found myself losing the continuity in some parts .
Tonya Warner
Jul 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very intriguing to watch Antonio confronting what he believes to be, with the reality of who and what Sophie is.
Ameriquin Tavarez
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Sicilian Surrender - Terpikat Sang Pria Sisilia
  • Ayah Paro Waktu [Part-Time Father]
  • Smokescreen Marriage / Pernikahan Semu
  • The Brazilian's Blackmailed Bride (The Ramirez Brides #2)
  • The Baby Discovery (Bachelor Dads, #3)
  • The Italian's Blackmailed Mistress
  • Their Wedding Day / Hari Perkawinan Mereka
  • His Pregnancy Ultimatum (Expecting!) (Harlequin Presents, #2433)
  • Blackmailed by Diamonds, Bound by Marriage (A Mediterranean Marriage #7)
  • The Santorini Bride
  • The Greek Boss's Bride
  • Jodoh Sang Jutawan Italia (Counts of Calvani , #2)
  • The Brazilian's Blackmail Bargain
  • Possessed by the Sheikh (Sheikh's Arabian Nights #3)
  • Love-Slave to the Sheikh

Lynne Graham was born on July 30, 1956 of Irish-Scottish parentage. She has livedin Northern Ireland all her life. She grew up in a seaside village with herbrother. She learnt to read at the age of 3, and haven't stopped since then.

Lynne first met her husband when she was 1
More about Lynne Graham...

A Mediterranean Marriage (9 books)
  • The Bellini Bride (A Mediterranean Marriage, #1)
  • The Italian's Wife
  • Sang Pengantin Italia (The Italian's Bride)
  • A Mediterranean Marriage (A Mediterranean Marriage #4)
  • The Greek's Chosen Wife (A Mediterranean Marriage #6)
  • Blackmailed by Diamonds, Bound by Marriage (A Mediterranean Marriage #7)
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Demand  (A Mediterranean Marriage #8)
  • Aristides' Convenient Wife  (A Mediterranean Marriage #9)